PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night on the campgrounds was the funniest experience of my life

juloxx
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
First off, I dont know if this belongs in Past Experiences or the Camping Section, but w/e.

To get to the point....

Did anyone else experience the shit-show that was Sunday night on the campgrounds after the last set finished? I understand if you were to tired and just passed out, but wandering the campgrounds from about 12am-6am just completely changed my thoughts on Coachella 2010. The campgrounds were like a giant detox tank for a bunch of strung-out people that just refused to stop partying. I literally could just walk out of my tent and start cracking up just looking at the pure chaos and mayhem ensuing the campgrounds.

It was sooo funny seeing the word party being broken down too its bare elements by the end of the night. We went from over-produced DJ sets at the beginning of the night too people starting mini-dance parties because some guy was beating on a cone that made some strange bass sounds. It was seriously the most tribal thing I have ever seen or been a part of.

I myself was too tired to go out the other two nights so I can't accurately say if this was any different from the other two nights. Chances are it was though, because Friday & Saturday they actually had real Dj's spinning. Also, the only reason I was out partying Sunday was because I wasnt ready for Coachella to finish and I am sure there were a bunch of other people that thought this way.

So did anyone else take part in the tribal mayhem that was Sunday night? Any Stories?

daxton
04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
I filmed a little bit of the blue peace sign flag parade down my firelane, but I filmed from my chair b/c I was too tired to party. Boo. Had to get up in the AM to pack up camp and catch a flight, which we inevitably missed. Haha.

fiopadp7791
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
what amazed me... is that thing just kept growing... I was still up at 3AM when it was about 40 people strong.

I awoke an hour later to who knows how many people... it just grew!

Was it 6AM when security finally felt compelled to do something?

lowfront
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I filmed a little bit of the blue peace sign flag parade down my firelane, but I filmed from my chair b/c I was too tired to party. Boo. Had to get up in the AM to pack up camp and catch a flight, which we inevitably missed. Haha.

you missed!!!

was it at psp? ont? lax?

I thought i was going to miss my fight out of psp at one point but we made it!

what ended up happening?

koryp
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Didn't take part, but a total spectator. Highlight was listening as my Aussie neighbors virally spread a rumor they had heard. Daft Punk was playing the other campground. They were so pumped. About an hour later they made it back, very pissed.
There was also an incident a few rows away that I didn't get to see, but would have loved to. Lots of shouting, oohs and awws, then a chant of "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" for about 6 bars. It remains a mystery.
Glad you had fun!

daxton
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
you missed!!!

was it at psp? ont? lax?

I thought i was going to miss my fight out of psp at one point but we made it!

what ended up happening?

Haha. Monday was one of the funniest experiences of my life. Sunday night the girl I came with said we'll wake up at 6 AM (Monday) and leave by 7 to make our noon flight out of LAX. I laughed b/c I knew we would miss the plane but I didn't care. So, I woke up a little late. A new friend helped me pack all my shit up. For that I gave him a bunch of my camping gear I couldn't fly back with. We got in the rented Jeep, got super stoned and flew down the freeway. Made some wrong turns, laughed our asses off. Got to LAX 30 minutes too late to check in. Went to Delta Special Services, booked another flight departing at 12:50 AM. We fucked around in LAX, ate, slept on the floor, met some other Coachella people stranded in the airport. Then, we took a cab to our new camping friends' hotel in LA. We had dinner, then they dropped us off at LAX after. Danny Masterson was on our plane. He's filming a show in my town. I'm going to have his babies.

<3Tea
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
im proud to be apart of that strung out chaos

juloxx
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Not too mention the "dance party" that was going on in the VIP area (I think it was a VIP area) in the middle of the campgrounds. The MC was not only strung out but drunk off his ass, they were playing the shittiest music, dance-floor was filled with the dirtiest/sleeziest looking people I have ever seen.... yet everyone was dancing. No one wanted the party too stop. Shit wasss sooo funny

Shhiiiitt. I have more stories from that one night than I have my past 5 years going to Coachella

WhyTheLongFace
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I stayed in a condo but went to the campgrounds til about 230 Sunday and it was the most fun I had in a while. Met so many people. Next year I have to camp even if there is only 1 shower

GrossMagic
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Sunday night was a BLAST!!! Our group started it off on the roller rink doing tribal dances and shouting nonsense. Then the water jugs came out of no where and people were getting way into it. When we were finished with that we headed to a camp spot where most people were and then the mob started from there and I lasted until about 530am.

Sublime
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Hahahahahahahha, Sunday night was full of dirty epicness for sure!! It was one insane dance party till the sun came up. So many heads were just wyling out for sooo many hours. I was STUCK in my chair but surrounded by the biggest smiles just laughing and dancing and having an amazing time. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. Thanks for bringing it back!

eskamo951
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Sunday was incredible and insane. I wandered to and from various campsites, got caught up in that parachute thing, danced at the Andrew/Feather PAW campsite and blacked out at 4am with my last memory being my friend offering up absinthe, shrooms, and coke. Woke up in my tent at 8am confused as hell. I wasn't tripping, so I must've declined the shrooms...

juloxx
04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I stayed in a condo but went to the campgrounds til about 230 Sunday and it was the most fun I had in a while. Met so many people. Next year I have to camp even if there is only 1 shower

In my experience, up until Sunday night the whole time in my head I was telling myself "this shit aint worth it, why the fuck did I do this rather than go in on a house"

I lived on no sleep and just Spicy Pie for four days straight. Who knows if I would have even had the energy to go out sunday night if I hadnt taken 3-4 hits of alien spit around 7:45. But as I said, that night just changed it all. Soooo much fun. Even if I am not camping I am returning to the campsite every sunday night from now on.

Now that I think of it, I feel an excess amount of people were tripping because of The Gorrilaz playing. Who knows if that many tripping people will be there in the Sundays of the future.

3wulfmoonz
04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
You mean his alien scientology "babies?"

Danny Masterson was on our plane. He's filming a show in my town. I'm going to have his babies.

daxton
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
You mean his alien scientology "babies?"

Are you serious? Oh no. Ok. Maybe we'll just practice making babies :P

Drewski27
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
"FUCK SLEEP! WAKE UP!" this was being chanted at 2 am outside our camp.

drewniverse
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
We heard "GET THE FUCK UP - GET THE FUCK UP - GET THE FUCK UP" x infinity

Yeahhhh, that was a pretty epic night. I have to say. Fuck you guy's for waking me up though.

Madtapdancer
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I think everyone was just so disappointed with the way the Gorillaz set ended (especially with the way last year ended with The Cure) that nobody was ready for the last memory of Coachella to be such a downer. I know that's how my camp felt so we wandered around for a couple hours talking and meeting awesome people, and ended up playing drunk drugged out twister for a couple hours till we couldn't stand anymore.

Alliza
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Were any of you up for the sunset with the sad remnants of the party on the small hill type thing on Monday morning? ... fucking brilliant.

Alliza
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
and by sunset I do mean sunrise, my brain has just been eaten by coachella..

hacking my dreams
04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
i didn't camp this year. Friday night, i was NOT ready at all to have the night be over, so for about 30 minutes I talked to some really great people just sitting on the lawn by the cocktails, lounged on the couch area and saw JayZ walk past us, then i dont know how...but i have 2 videos of my way venturing outwards, and someone took me to the playground, where i found myself waiting in line to Swing on those neon swings, which seemed like a perfect idea, so I swang for enough until I wanted to avoid nausea...wandered more over to some more grass hill, by the FILTH party, where my cocktail kicked IN and i could only stare at people, film, haha, and try to figure out what was all going on, why were people in giant mowhawks and army gear all standing around talking, dancing, making out (all on film too), until I finally, finally, come up enough to stand up, and walk around back sober now and walk another mile or two back to my avenue 52 car, which was SO fucking far, i had to ask about 3 yellow shirts which direction, and i even had my iPhone coachella ap and marked my car. That was my favorite night. So, considering camping, although I went alone this year (fell thru plans). Not sure how I feel about ACTUALLY staying there...I didn't mind driving back to my hotel in PS, taking a high pressure shower, change clothes, sleep, and on the drive back, pick up more lovely supplies from the Grocery store, where the friendliest people in the world were there too.

the clock in my car read 4:45 am. my car was the only one left in the lot. unharmed.

CellarOwl
04-22-2010, 04:40 AM
There were some serious hangers-on in the campgrounds Sunday night. People were trying to party as if their life depended on it.

GaragePoet
04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
i'd just like to extend my graditude (no pun intended) to the female streaker running thru the campground on Sunday night... it was lovely.

lowfront
04-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Sunday night camping is always the best night

there are no activities leaving people to get creative

and its the last night, so no one wants to stop partying

I however passed out as planned because I had a early flight in the morning and was nervous about the morning.

My buddy didn't sleep all night and had a blast

daxton
04-22-2010, 05:45 AM
^ I should've just stayed up until the flight having fun. Next time...

lowfront
04-22-2010, 05:49 AM
I really was done after plastikman's set. Just closed my weekend well for me. I really didn't want to take another pill and be up for another 10 hours. It was time for me.

Had a blast in the campground this year though, always half the fun.

juloxx
04-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I feel this sunday could have been crazier than most sundays because an abnormal amount of people were tripping for either Plastikman or The Gorillaz. Any truth to this, or is Sunday-night always a shit-show at Coachella Camping?

mikeymikemikey
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Sunday morning, thru Monday afternoon was the best time I have ever had in my life. 35 hours of absolute happiness. Ninja hula hooping, Watching the sunrise on the hill, everyone sharing everything. There is hope for humans after all.

Coachella Bound
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
merging my group w/ the Dirty Epic (Sophia & Andrew thank you!!!) was the smartest thing i did all weekend. I just remember walking over to our dance tent at about 2 in the morning, grabbing Matty, Andrew, and Devin all on seperate occasions and going... "Hey, im about to get weird and i need to know if your gunna be up all night..." into each one of them replying, "Are you seriously fucking asking me that right now, lets fucking rage!"

feather
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
We loved your crew. Merging will take place next year too :)

Coachella Bound
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
oh you better believe it my new COACHELLA sister.... until the wheels fall off, we will be w/ you and the Epic every year that we're welcome.

Im planning a pool party/bbq at my new pad in a few weeks. talked to devin this morn. Would love to have u and Andrew over. Ill pm you when it gets closer. Thanks again for everything :)

tawnisme
04-23-2010, 04:22 AM
i remember human tunnels, boxed wine, animal heads, limbo, dance party and that one dude that got knocked out by a security guard for jumping on the golf cart

GrossMagic
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Starting on the roller rink:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs436.snc3/25081_519432946438_138701586_30674117_1471002_n.jp g

Starting it off at the fever rayve tent- notice the people sleeping...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs416.snc3/25081_519433325678_138701586_30674189_7510315_n.jp g

All the crazy motha fuckas:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs436.snc3/25081_519433330668_138701586_30674190_5890330_n.jp g

I'll post a video if I am motivated...

daxton
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Shit. I wish I hadn't slept Sunday night. Next year staying up until I fall the fuck over.

djandrews25
04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
That sunday night party got out of hand, sorry to our neighbors for throwing that.

djandrews25
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs436.snc3/25081_519433330668_138701586_30674190_5890330_n.jp g

This picture is a pretty good depiction of what went down. Please post a vid.

GrossMagic
04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Heres a video of the start of it at the roller rink. It is a facebook video so no embedding.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=120755104605792

Coachella Bound
04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
That sunday night party got out of hand, sorry to our neighbors for throwing that.

shove your sorries in a sack mister... you should be apologizing for stopping it at such an early hour.

elChurro
04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Is this how the cop vs hipster beat down started?

djandrews25
04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
shove your sorries in a sack mister... you should be apologizing for stopping it at such an early hour.

The 10 security guards who were gathering outside our campsite, told me if it didnt end that cops would eventually show up in riot gear. Considering that neighbors wanted to sleep, and knowing that if we caused a riot police response that more than likely they wouldnt let PA systems in the campgrounds next year, i ended it.

Coachella Bound
04-27-2010, 09:58 AM
The 10 security guards who were gathering outside our campsite, told me if it didnt end that cops would eventually show up in riot gear. Considering that neighbors wanted to sleep, and knowing that if we caused a riot police response that more than likely they wouldnt let PA systems in the campgrounds next year, i ended it.

hahaha jus fuckin wicha... i was tempted to go jump in my jeep and start blasting music but everyone wandered off anyways. It seems to be the highlight of sunday night, well done good sir, well done.

feather
04-27-2010, 10:07 AM

AHAHAHA! I just loved how the freaks came out once the festival stopped and we had no where to go but camp. Thanks to everyone for just letting loose and getting down. If the music would stop for a second you would hear moans and sad groans...until Sean would drop the beat once again.

Hopefully none of the security got too mad, so we can do this up next year twice as bad!

alisonnn
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I hate myself for laying in my tent hearing "AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A COACHELLA PARTYYY" and deciding to sleep instead boo boo booooo next year! no sleep! sounded like so much fun. I passed out every night at like midnight though which was a bad choice

except thurs night which was pretty fun seeing that I think everyone was so glad we made it and got all our goodies in ;) I'll never forget walking to that rave barefoot with a cup of vodka and our new friends seeing everyone just flock to it and dancing on tables. then ending the night sitting on my car roof watching everything... damn I miss coachella alot. camping forever!!!

feather
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll never forget walking to that rave barefoot with a cup of vodka and our new friends seeing everyone just flock to it and dancing on tables. then ending the night sitting on my car roof watching everything... damn I miss coachella alot. camping forever!!!

THIS is what camping dreams are made of. Sunday night was the best after coachella party to date. It never gets old making new friends, dancing, and just drinking yourself to sleep. I passed out 4am everynight. Four hours of sleep was all I needed!

Geno_g
04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I saw Rafiki, and started busting up laughing, then Forza runs up and says "that's my best friend", good times...

The robot dude was kind of pissy for being in a costume, if you're in a costume you should be happy. We went up to him and asked if he was a spaceman, dude replied "I'm a robot!", started laughing hard...

stinkbutt
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
after Forza declared that was his best friend I think we all looked at each other and were like "it all makes so much sense." Sunday was fun and hilarious as all hell

Subaru2Coachella
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Anyone see me partying in my anaheim angels snuggie??

coachellalove
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
limbo, leap frog, hand stands, coachella tunnels, drum circles, WAKE UP FUCK SLEEP, and a growing crowd of crazies. sunday night was absolutely incredible. thank you to the few ragers who stayed up with me that night :) if you partied with me and happen to remember me, lets exchange stories!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/6o254k.jpg

im the girl in the purple and white backwards hat :)

heyeric
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I found myself bouncing around on the back of a pickup truck with 20 other people and another 1000 or so in the fire line's going crazy around 3am Monday morning, we did not want coachella to end.

Meh, it did -_-

thewoodenman
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
im so bummed we didnt hang around the camp grounds sunday night. we just left pissed off that we left plastikman for the epic failure that was gorillaz back to our suite :((( ur all awesome, that looks like a hell of a time, next year!

BROKENDOLL
05-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Yep, by Sunday night, while dancing to Plastikman, I realized my shades were still on and my eyes were closed...A sure sign that the weekend had finally kicked my ass. But, as we joined the herd returning to the campground, I also realized I wasn't ready for it to end.

We got to our tent and could hear the dance party startin' up, so with a little bump here, and another bump there, I was good to go again. Our plan was to go join in on the last dance party of the weekend, but we couldn't get close enough to find anyone. I did spot Forza galloping across the campsite waving his arms wildly in the air, but bump or not, there was no way we'd catch up. By about 3 am, Pete was done and we headed back to our tent. I, on the other hand still wasn't ready for the weekend to stop and proceeded to sit atop my truck and absorb whatever of the weekend was left. As long as the music still played, I still stayed upright.

I remember hearing the dance party coming to an almost abrupt stop, followed by the sound of a spinning turntable with no music, so that must have been when the cops called it quits. Shortly thereafter I heard another form of entertainment start up with what sounded like the beginning of a drum circle...except it went marching throughout the campgrounds...all the way towards the tent only camping!

No, nobody was really ready for that weekend to end. As a matter of fact, as I took my sweet time packing up our campsite, I watched everyone leave. And as everyone was leaving I watched the groundskeepers begin to go around gathering up the leftover tents and the trash that literally covered the field. That's when I looked over to see mattpach and moo-moo stranded with a dead battery and no car key, so I stayed and hung with themsoaking my feet in Feather's pool of balls until the locksmith could arrive and I could jump start their SUV for them... Any excuse to hold on to whatever was left of the weekend.

Yes, I was the very last camper on the fields, and as I drove off, I swear a tear dropped from my eye...

Yoshan
05-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Starting on the roller rink:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs436.snc3/25081_519432946438_138701586_30674117_1471002_n.jp g

Starting it off at the fever rayve tent- notice the people sleeping...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs416.snc3/25081_519433325678_138701586_30674189_7510315_n.jp g

damn, i need to party with you guys next year
fuck senior thesis

Commander Corn
05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I heard there was a giant sing-along of Sound Check (Gravity) by Gorillaz a few minutes before their set.

surpcity
06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
sunday night was what made coachella for me. started off by before gorillaz finding my friend i was looking for for two hours, receiving la coca from a bananaman, and finally seeiing the gorillaz which wasnt that special but i met some kool people there. the campgrounds was awesome smoked medical herb for the first time 3g L then the guy who sparked me up gave me 2g's for free just for being a chill dude and showing them how to roll a blunt from a game...? so i went over to one of the parties and sat down with this really chill dude, old enough to be my own father, he asks to hit my pipe i reply in the most stoner manner, "Dude its the peace pipe, you gotta hit this" so for 2 hours sat and smoked with him talked about life. but in the time i smoked with him, i'd say atleast 40 people hit that bowl before the 5-0 showed up. it was magical, o ya i also got to smoke with those two dudes makin the crazy dubstep beats for like 3 hours while hopping around the site. made me feel special lol. This was my first coachella too so i still want more and hope to come back next year. Thank you Coachella

DFrank
06-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Mix feelings about Sunday night. We basically waited until they opened the gates and left, but way too many obnoxious drunks around and many 'almost fights' breaking out. The ins and outs definitely made everyone that much drunker the whole weekend.

DANCE MAGIC
06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
q5MABBgCzTs

GrossMagic
08-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Ahhhh I still think about this night!

another video:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=125780814103221

neon bible
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Sunday night/Monday morning was just pure madness at the campgrounds. I remember being asked, hey you want to smoke some snowballs or e or shrooms at 4am. I had to decline. Thanks for the offer you Arizona kids!

ballroomdancer22
12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I saw a group of fried/sleep deprived Etards with a small portable boombox bumping what sounded like the 'Mortal Kombat' soundtrack "prancing" alongside a towtruck providing the light show with its whopee lights

303dubbin
12-21-2010, 04:09 PM
hopefully i can find this massive party this time. i'll be joining in for sure.

vdubshani
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
i gotta say that sunday nite was freakin amazing! i was only a couple tents down from those awesome aussies sitting on top of their van all weekend long so i of course expected some craziness...it was my first year camping so i thought it was a normal end to coachella...im actually happy to hear that it wasnt and that i experienced something very special and amazing! aint no party like a coachella party cause a coachella party dont stop!

violetinc
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Ahhh!! that was my boxed wine! who were you? i have lotsa pictures of the whole wine crazyness, i'll post them

i remember human tunnels, boxed wine, animal heads, limbo, dance party and that one dude that got knocked out by a security guard for jumping on the golf cart

Fidoosh
02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Sunday was fuckin wild man. I was at the rave party after trying to dance but not really doin it well cuz my body felt so beat up that I just wanted to fall on the ground and lay there for rest of the night, but it was the energy of everyone else that kept me goin( maybe some drugs too).
But I do remember going back to my tent and laying outside on the ground looking up at the sky coming off my trip and out of nowhere a Ninja did a flip over me and a kick and kept running into the shadows. Made me crack the fuck up. Did anyone else see a ninja running around on sunday?

lachkinazi
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Last year camping on Sunday night was the best. We way over packed food and booze so we were handing it out freely. We met a few Australians who had run out of everything (even water) and only had vodka and orange soda left in a super soaker. We gave them a jug of water and lots of food and they repayed up by hanging out and telling funny stories and teaching us some drinking games we had never heard of. Had a blast watching the people dancing and chilling all around us. Definitely didn't want the fun to end. Best music festival ever.

Strike III
02-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I got the fuck out of Dodge as soon as I could. I packed up my shit at like 6 or 7 and then had some spicy pizza and saw the last acts. As soon as Gorrilaz was over I split.

IzGewd
02-18-2011, 11:40 AM
You my friend missed out on what was possibly the single greatest night in Coachella history. Definitely the most fun I have ever had. It was a parade of drunk, drugged, costumed madness.

joppy-slow
03-21-2011, 10:03 PM
2007 Sunday night campground party / riot
(I slept through the entire event - except the police helicopters)
my friend Nichole took these pictures - looked like a fun time:

someone got mad at the government, so they decided to burn some money
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/gregkuhl/raginmoney.jpg

<br>
nichole mentioned multiple conga lines and everyone played their own instrument

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/gregkuhl/raginhorn.jpg
<br>
people were raging against the miami sound machine that night. hence the bonfire and this is when pigs in space reigned in on the campground riot.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/gregkuhl/raginfire.jpg

DANCE MAGIC
03-22-2011, 12:06 AM
I remember hearing this all going on, and seeing the big crowd way off in the distance, and just being like 'meh'

juloxx
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
So can anyone answer my previous question....? Last year was my first time camping so I got no idea

I feel this sunday could have been crazier than most sundays because an abnormal amount of people were tripping for either Plastikman or The Gorillaz. Any truth to this, or is Sunday-night always a shit-show at Coachella Camping?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-22-2011, 10:38 AM

wow...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Man I keep re-reading this thread, and I get more and more excited, first time camping. Fuck.

furnace
03-26-2011, 06:21 AM
I am down as fuck for this!

Aurgasm
03-26-2011, 08:33 AM
I have not seen this thread until today. But... Memories.

We will be back. Under The Sea theme this year!

Ps. I'll be meeting Rafiki later today for the Zona game. He will appear Sunday. Hopefully security doesn't try and confiscate his staff this time around. Tehehe

CizNiztauct
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Witam, fajnie was poznac.

Szukasz pracy?

Ciekawe oferty: Praca specjalista sprzedaży Bielsko Biała (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_biala_specjalista-sprzedazy) Praca przedstawiciel handlowy Białystok (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_bialystok_przedstawiciel-handlowy) Praca doradca finansowy Śląsk (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_slask_doradca-finansowy) Praca handlowiec Gdańsk (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_gdansk_handlowiec) Praca przedstawiciel handlowy Gorz&#243;w Wielkopolski (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_gorzow_przedstawiciel-handlowy)

CizNiztauct
04-16-2011, 09:37 PM

Szukasz pracy?

Ciekawe oferty: Praca kasjer Toruń (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_torun_kasjer) Praca doradca finansowy Tychy (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_tychy_doradca-finansowy) Praca doradca finansowy Szczecin (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_szczecin_doradca-finansowy) Praca doradca finansowy Pruszk&#243;w (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_pruszkow_doradca-finansowy) Praca sprzedawca Wrocław (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_wroclaw_sprzedawca)

CizNiztauct
04-16-2011, 09:40 PM

Szukasz pracy?

Ciekawe oferty: Praca sprzedawca Gorz&#243;w Wielkopolski (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_gorzow_sprzedawca) Praca handlowiec Legnica (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_legnica_handlowiec) Praca sprzedawca Tychy (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_tychy_sprzedawca) Praca kasjer Białystok (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_bialystok_kasjer) Praca przedstawiciel handlowy Stalowa Wola (http://www.gowork.pl/praca_stalowa_przedstawiciel-handlowy)

juloxx
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Sunday night, you did it again....

oatsack
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM

The roaming party Sunday night was hilarious once again. The security guards chasing us around until they finally let us go back to the roller rink... limbo parties... endless chants... I'm so glad I didn't pass out like the rest of my group.

discobotica
04-19-2011, 04:14 PM
maaaaaad props to Psychic Friend for telling security to STFU and let the D.E. party go 'til as late as we did, you are a saint!

oatsack
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/oatdogg/IMAG0209.jpg

feather
04-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Thursday night was a ridiculous party, and Sunday too. The generator ran out of gas, but the party people were not going to stop. We had aussies and boardies cutting hoola hoops to siphon gas from our car, to put into the generator. That didn't work so we called security and they delivered gas and put it in the generator. Cannot believe the things that happened both those nights. Not to mention the guy who let the generator into camp for us came to party at the campsite and gave our crew confiscated weed. What an epic weekend.

billtino
04-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Sunday night was great. Finally rode the tricked out bikes and ate shit on a few of them. I was wearing the "I refuse to grow up" T-shirt. Misssed the unevitable riots but my tent was 2 rows behind the skating rink so i heard it all...lmao.

thewoodenman
04-19-2011, 06:02 PM

it did indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. best weekend ever. we had to stop back to our camp site to grab some water and stuff at one point and some of our neighboors were like "is it still going on out there?" all we had to do was smile and they ended up tagging along even though they had to leave really really early monday morning. we just did not want it to end, come oooon 2012!!!!!

apachedino
04-19-2011, 07:48 PM
In my experience, up until Sunday night the whole time in my head I was telling myself "this shit aint worth it, why the fuck did I do this rather than go in on a house"

I lived on no sleep and just Spicy Pie for four days straight. Who knows if I would have even had the energy to go out sunday night if I hadnt taken 3-4 hits of alien spit around 7:45. But as I said, that night just changed it all. Soooo much fun. Even if I am not camping I am returning to the campsite every sunday night from now on.

Now that I think of it, I feel an excess amount of people were tripping because of The Gorrilaz playing. Who knows if that many tripping people will be there in the Sundays of the future.

Camped for 4 years and only now realized to stay in a condo all nights.....except the last one. That way you can really get the rest you need to go hard all day long, then on the last day with nothing to wake up for we partied until the sun came up. This is the best year I have "flowed" through Coachella yet because of that. I mean if you rage that hard in camping everynight you are worthless for at least half the next day and you are going to miss or not be fully present for alot of shows. I think I have found my balance. Damn though, Sunday night was crazy. Felt tribal and primitive, people getting downany way possible. Loved it.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
LOL Sunday night consisted of me packing up, and right as I get deep into this, then I look up and see discobotica in his like duck suit he looks at me and says, TIME TO GET WEIRD and pulls the head over him

At that point I went in and got my spirit hood, continued to pack and rave.

I gave the Epic Dirty crew the rest of my alcohol and beer and let them kept the rave going. I finally got to a point where I just passed out.

Ps. my gf just said she has watched the video she took of Ben raving in the duck suit at least 4 times cause it's that awesome.

juloxx
04-19-2011, 08:40 PM
The roaming party Sunday night was hilarious once again. The security guards chasing us around until they finally let us go back to the roller rink... limbo parties... endless chants... I'm so glad I didn't pass out like the rest of my group.

I was prolly right there besides you, playing some twister. It was so funny that they funneled all the fucked up people back to the roller rink. Man that shit was a blast.

oatsack
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
I was prolly right there besides you, playing some twister. It was so funny that they funneled all the fucked up people back to the roller rink. Man that shit was a blast.

I saw you guys playing before we moved back to the roller rink, I was in an orange vest with a blonde chick. We were getting the limbo party started with our street sign as the limbo stick. Some dickhead security guard took it as I was leaving the rink but luckily we took both and left one back at our campsite. Makes a great souvenir.

GrossMagic
04-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Sunday was insane as usual. Roller rink dance party, dance circles, popping boxes(drinking bagged wine), parachute fun, twister, duck duck goose, 1000 person moving party mob, trampling cars (only witnessed), chanting, stomping, ripping down signs, all with the glowing E.T.!!!!

coldwarriddim
04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
my favorite was the smurf with the LED boombox who would go sprinting up ahead of the mob and start throwing down to his hard trance beats in the middle of the street

discobotica
04-20-2011, 11:25 AM
LOL Sunday night consisted of me packing up, and right as I get deep into this, then I look up and see discobotica in his like duck suit he looks at me and says, TIME TO GET WEIRD and pulls the head over him

At that point I went in and got my spirit hood, continued to pack and rave.

I gave the Epic Dirty crew the rest of my alcohol and beer and let them kept the rave going. I finally got to a point where I just passed out.

Ps. my gf just said she has watched the video she took of Ben raving in the duck suit at least 4 times cause it's that awesome.

I need to see this video!!!!!!! :D is it board worthy!?!?!?!

digitaldragon03
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
what amazed me... is that thing just kept growing... I was still up at 3AM when it was about 40 people strong.

I awoke an hour later to who knows how many people... it just grew!

Was it 6AM when security finally felt compelled to do something?
This year it was about 300 people. It was absolutely bonkers. My favorite was when some guy was playing a vuvuzela into the air really annoyingly, then some guy walks up and pours his beer into it and the vuvuzela guy chokes for a bit and then chugs it like a champ.

hools
04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
^hahahah that's so awesome

i myself crashed out after wandering the grounds until about 2. however a buddy of mine decided to pull an all nighter and told me about the party march around the grounds and how the guards on horses were blocking pathways, and of the parachute party. i missed out :(

Gigger
04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I didn't go to bed until 7:00 monday morning. Sunday was a win.

joppy-slow
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
popping boxes(drinking bagged wine),
Lol... you know it's going down when the wine bags come out.... love reading all your crazy Sunday night party down moments. I remember how sad Monday morning (on the polo fields) was in 2007 when everyone was packing up and leaving... I never wanted the weekend to end. long live Coachella

shoegazer76
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
After the roller rink disco ended at 1 a.m. Monday morning a giant parachute party began. Everybody ran underneath the parachute pulled it down to the ground and clambaked inside. A parade began shortly thereafter throughout the campground with parachute being paraded like a chinese dragon. It was fantastic & probably one of the most liberating events I've been a part of. Unfortunately it was broken up by security & mounties after about 2 1/2 hrs.

juloxx
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Sunday was insane as usual. Roller rink dance party, dance circles, popping boxes(drinking bagged wine)

Someone ran up too my homey on the streets of New York the other day and shouted "COACHELLA!", he proceeded to show him a video that he recorded of my friend and I slappin da bag and partyin Sunday night like 3 years ago. Haha fuckin Coachella!

9KyAcSIOgKw

IzGewd
12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
my favorite was the smurf with the LED boombox who would go sprinting up ahead of the mob and start throwing down to his hard trance beats in the middle of the street

Hahaha that was me. Good times

waltermakesmusic
02-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Wonderful thread! Can someone please give me info on how to join in on these party groups. I got two car this year and we party hard to! Seems fitting

malcolmjamalawesome
02-05-2012, 05:29 AM
SHOW ME HOW TO PARTY

juloxx
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Its just a matter of watching videos of Dr. Rockso, than aplying it to the real world.

PapaDill
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
After the roller rink disco ended at 1 a.m. Monday morning a giant parachute party began. Everybody ran underneath the parachute pulled it down to the ground and clambaked inside. A parade began shortly thereafter throughout the campground with parachute being paraded like a chinese dragon. It was fantastic & probably one of the most liberating events I've been a part of. Unfortunately it was broken up by security & mounties after about 2 1/2 hrs.

this

cyborgzombie
02-12-2012, 12:40 AM
All I remember was helping the trashcan/any instrument you can find/freestyle/drum circle/after concert at the roller rink about 2-3am on sunday last year. No one wanted the party to stop. I remember some blonde girl preaching and citing poetry in the middle of the mob on people playing music. funniest shit ever.

vertin
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
threads like this make me want weekend 1 here right now

Christianuriah
02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Didn't take part, but a total spectator. Highlight was listening as my Aussie neighbors virally spread a rumor they had heard. Daft Punk was playing the other campground. They were so pumped. About an hour later they made it back, very pissed.
There was also an incident a few rows away that I didn't get to see, but would have loved to. Lots of shouting, oohs and awws, then a chant of "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" for about 6 bars. It remains a mystery.
Glad you had fun!

Rage against the machine maybe?

spennyb
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Couldn't agree more, last year was my first Coachella and Sunday night was similar; highlights included: some guy lending me his vintage cruzer and just ripping around the field , dancing around some guy banging on a gargabe and "wolfman" shutting that shit down, then getting lost because people had stolen all the street signs and waking up in some a car full of random ppl at like 11am soaked in sweat. It was so funny eventually finding my campsite, my friends had packed everything up hours ago and thought I was dead.

... 24 hour drive + 2 hour ferry ride wasnt the best

Sunday Night Crew

EliteZags
03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
we're hittin sunday night fast and hard this year, look for us we'll be the rowdy bunch obnoxiously chanting USA and "SPRING BREAK 08!!" repeatedly

Neighborhood Creep
03-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm saving most of my glow and serotonin for Sunday this year. Go out in style

SepaGroove
03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Someone ran up too my homey on the streets of New York the other day and shouted "COACHELLA!", he proceeded to show him a video that he recorded of my friend and I slappin da bag and partyin Sunday night like 3 years ago. Haha fuckin Coachella!

9KyAcSIOgKw

SLAP THE BAG!

I love that. I will be bringing boxed wine and this MUST go down

Goatchella
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
YEah boi.... We're making sangria too and a bag to slap

SepaGroove
03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Damn man wish I was there to slap that shit with you.

I'll have to carry on the tradition over to Weekend 2

witham
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Looking forward to experiencing Sunday night this year, the last 2 years my group's had to sprint back to AZ for classes on Monday.

SepaGroove
03-30-2012, 03:49 PM
How lame. Your friends need to get their priorities straight.

Coachella > Education

Goatchella
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Coachella=class

Back in session bitches....

witham
03-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Ha we already skip Friday. It's a really harrowing journey driving 6 hours in the middle of the night after going all out at coachella.

jenmorrison
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
okay so... i don't know how many people will see this, but this is aimed at bangarang specifically.... are you bringing the parachute this year? anyone who was given red vines by a tiny girl in the last few years, that was me! and i want to keep the wandering party going again for 2012! I will be there weekend 2, please let me know if you guys are interested, because i love love love this! i am so glad lots of you experienced the wandering party and i really want to meet you this year! look for red vines sunday night!

jenmorrison
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
if anyone made you slap the bag, it may have been me. find me sunday night and slap the bag with me or do a bagstand! bag of piss FTW!

Goatchella
04-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I like tiny

jenmorrison
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I like tiny
but do you like red vines?

apachedino
04-03-2012, 05:24 PM
All I remember was helping the trashcan/any instrument you can find/freestyle/drum circle/after concert at the roller rink about 2-3am on sunday last year. No one wanted the party to stop. I remember some blonde girl preaching and citing poetry in the middle of the mob on people playing music. funniest shit ever.

That's my good friend Sara! She was playing here harmonica, spitting Wu Tang and poetry. We had been trying to meet up with her all day, but set times, boons and crowds made it impossible. So this is where we found her in the rollerskating rink. I was ecstatic as she no longer lives in SLC and I hadn't seen here in a year.

apachedino
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
okay so... i don't know how many people will see this, but this is aimed at bangarang specifically.... are you bringing the parachute this year? anyone who was given red vines by a tiny girl in the last few years, that was me! and i want to keep the wandering party going again for 2012! I will be there weekend 2, please let me know if you guys are interested, because i love love love this! i am so glad lots of you experienced the wandering party and i really want to meet you this year! look for red vines sunday night!

THIS, that group was bananas. I remember after we baked in the parachute how that huge he-man guy stripped to his superman underwear because it was his birthday and he could do whatever he wanted. Think his name was Kyle. Crazy bunch. Hope they are back.

Ray del Mundo
04-06-2012, 07:20 AM
That's my good friend Sara! She was playing here harmonica, spitting Wu Tang and poetry. We had been trying to meet up with her all day, but set times, boons and crowds made it impossible. So this is where we found her in the rollerskating rink. I was ecstatic as she no longer lives in SLC and I hadn't seen here in a year.
Harmonica and Wu-Tang verses - I support this.

juloxx
04-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Now the real question is which Sunday Night is going to be the more hectic one

Im going weekend one so I wan to see all you strung out tribal spirits at your worst this Sunday. Good luck, and may you make it through the weekend in one piece

juloxx
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Stories I want to hear them.

I myself got to take pictures of a guy that passed out while pissing on someones car. He had his pants down, was standing/leaning with face against the car and hips pressed out. Pictures coming soon

I got some other stories, but I wanna hear some from you before I really get into the madness

instinct
04-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Sunday Night I went to the Crazy Epic tent, not realizing it was full of people from the boards.. just thought it was a tent where people were partying all weekend, our campsite was only like 10 tents down (past the Australians).. I finally got to meet MalcomJamaalAwesome. I've been on these boards for 7 or so years now, and I've only met a handful of people... probably because I am one of the biggest haters.

Zero23
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
My neighbors were the source of some entertainment on Sunday night. Right after the festival ended, one of the girls in the tent was getting completely chewed out by another girl, it was absolutely hilarious, shit like "YOU NEED TO BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND," "YOU'RE SO FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE."

Later on in the night, around 3 AM, one of the dudes began pissing outside while one of the girls was watching him (I can only assume this is what was happening based on what I heard). They were amazed at how much he was peeing. I'm not joking. Every few seconds, I'd hear the girl say stuff like "it just keeps going!!!" They were so stoked that this was happening. Once he finished peeing (I will never forget this), he told her "you have to make sure to shake it off after you're done, most girls don't know this but it leaves a huge mess if you don't." Oh, Coachella.

lilee
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
hanging out in the not-actually-silent disco tent, this chick wearing a cookie monster hat climbed up to the platform where the dj was & proceeded to fall backward so that people would catch slash crowd surf her [i'm assuming] & no one did. she just fell like ten feet or whatever to the ground haha.

PapaDill
04-20-2012, 11:43 AM
ok, so a little back story on cookie monster crowd diver. so me and my friends were dancing at the bottom of the dj booth / life guard tower. she approached one of my friends and expressed interest in crowd surfing. i didn't hear this conversation. but my friend turned to me, and the others and was trying to gather everyone (because it was pretty spaced out and empty at this point) while we are trying to organize ( i dont know what for a this point) i see this girl start to scamper up the tower. she reaches the top and with out hesitation, or looking back for a second, she jumps / falls backwards. she managed to graze my friends shoulder on her way down, other that that she fell straight to the ground. im assuming my friends shoulder saved her life that night, or at least stopped major paralysis.

DirtyPistol
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
So far the only stories I've heard here are of people being ridiculous, isn't this supposed to be a thread about fun? We walked around the campsite lots Sunday night after the acts were done and the lots as a whole seemed pretty dead compared to last year when people were GOING OFF bigtime! I'm sure some here will share stories of their camp group or two having a blast, but last year it was groups of hundreds engaging in unbridled hedonism not wanting the fun to end. What happened? Is it because Coachella is "officially" ending Weekend 2?

juloxx
04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
So far the only stories I've heard here are of people being ridiculous, isn't this supposed to be a thread about fun? We walked around the campsite lots Sunday night after the acts were done and the lots as a whole seemed pretty dead compared to last year when people were GOING OFF bigtime! I'm sure some here will share stories of their camp group or two having a blast, but last year it was groups of hundreds engaging in unbridled hedonism not wanting the fun to end. What happened? Is it because Coachella is "officially" ending Weekend 2?

I think it has everything to do with the silent disco. I remember talking to one of the head honchos of GV during their 30th anniversery thing in SM. He said the Silent Disco was devised with the intention of diluting/putting an end to the shit show that usually happens. I gotta say, I think it worked, and that makes me really sad.

That being said I intend to be in the Coachella campgrounds again this sunday night (one way or another), and thats where I shall make my final observation. It will be really sad if they actually found a way to end the Sunday night humour, because that has been my highlight every year since I found out about it

hools
04-21-2012, 11:46 AM
man, i really really REALLY wanted to rage out and have a weird sunday night this year, but i was so burnt out. the spirit was willing, but my body was an insufficient vessel. other than cocaine, how do you guys find the energy to punch out those last grueling hours of coachella?

JustSteve
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I think it has everything to do with the silent disco. I remember talking to one of the head honchos of GV during their 30th anniversery thing in SM. He said the Silent Disco was devised with the intention of diluting/putting an end to the shit show that usually happens. I gotta say, I think it worked, and that makes me really sad.

That being said I intend to be in the Coachella campgrounds again this sunday night (one way or another), and thats where I shall make my final observation. It will be really sad if they actually found a way to end the Sunday night humour, because that has been my highlight every year since I found out about it

guessing a lot had to do with the weather, too. people were able to leave everything on the field because it was possible to go all day every day. this weekend many will just sit and chill during the days or not even show up until sundownbecause it is so hot, so much more energy to expend once the sun goes down, can keep going well into the night.

juloxx
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
man, i really really REALLY wanted to rage out and have a weird sunday night this year, but i was so burnt out. the spirit was willing, but my body was an insufficient vessel. other than cocaine, how do you guys find the energy to punch out those last grueling hours of coachella?

not gonna lie, drugs have been involved every single time. Never cocaine, usually a psychedelic or 2. I drop about an hour and a half before the headliner, and that usually lasts until late night/early morning. By that time the drugs may fade out but im already riding the momentum of the party so its chill.

Tomorrow will probably be the first time I rage at the campgrounds without the use of substances, though I hold no promises

hools
04-21-2012, 02:48 PM
riding the wave of the last set of the night into the campgrounds sounds like a great idea. i probably shoulda planned my drug intake later in the day haha.

good luck tomorrow juloxx!

juloxx
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I myself got to take pictures of a guy that passed out while pissing on someones car. He had his pants down, was standing/leaning with face against the car and hips pressed out. Pictures coming soon

juloxx
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM

Edit: well the picture is a lot bigger on FB, and a lot more clear. Dont really know how to make it the same way on the forums, but if you can make out whats going on, its purty funny

Mugwog
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
That is gold.

Rynoo
04-28-2012, 04:28 AM
There is a picture on another thread, maybe the stuff you saw or shit you saw idk..

The guy wearing a costume head was running around sunday night w1 chasing people and acting like a cheerleader dancing on cars and just being insane. it was truly frightening

PJandBompton
11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
was planning to rage, ended up with the biggest migraine after Dre. called it a night after that, but not everyone around us. people were going hard in our section until 6am