PDA

View Full Version : How's Imogen Heap

Fulkrum
04-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Her album sounds great, interesting tune. Wonder is she good live?

Grant
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
The festival is over.

GeminiDC
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I thought she kicked ass. I had never really heard he but I went and checked out the last 1/2 of her show and was really impressed personally.

luckyface
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
She just announced a Greek Theatre show, so this thread is certainly relevant.

unknown
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Her show Friday would have been much better if the ranting about equipment and sound issues after EVERY SINGLE SONG didn't happen. I got exhausted just watching her run around frantically checking the mics on her wrists and every piece of equipment. Would have been nice to hear her perform Just For Now instead of the cheesy sing-a-long. Also wanted to hear Let Go but I guess something had to get cut after being 25 minutes late. She's very talented but was one of the worst performances I caught this weekend - which is not necessarily a bad thing because everything I caught was very good.

Here is one trippy pic I took
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs379.snc3/24232_1434098258949_1427713817_31155145_7415213_n. jpg

Vic Viper
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
her performance was plagued by problems. she was late. the equipment didn't totally work. the microphone she used picked up too much ambient noise.

i loved every second of it. her personality came out in spades during the run of her show. i just hope she isn't soured on the experience, i know everyone in the crowd who was there for her was enjoying themselves.

vogina
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Wasn't it because she was really fucked up? Didn't she say that right off the bat?

unknown
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't recall her saying that. I remember her saying she was late due to a shit ton of traffic or something along those lines.

gaypalmsprings
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
She talked and rambled aloud too much. I left early because I thought she should have stuck to singing, which she does very well, and have someone else play the (psuedo)instruments.

BrettShipes
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Damn shame about the issues, her music is really growing on me and I'll definitely be catching her in a non-festival atmosphere.

fancy restaurant
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Her set was a train wreck. When she first came out, I guess she said she got stuck in traffic or something. A bunch of her gear wasn't working. She had some kind of mic on her wrist that was supposed to pick up various sounds - bells, wine glass, etc.

It didn't work. Then one of her keyboards didn't work. By far the worst show at Coachella 2010 this year. It was amateur hour.

moomoo
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Sly Stone + Imogen Heap collab for 2011.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2010, 12:48 PM
When she actually got full into a song, it sounded AMAZING. Her voice is breathtaking. She's a fucking space cadet though. It was painful watching somebody be so god damned scatter-brained and seemingly unprofessional on stage. I walked out after 4 songs.

EDIT: I think the worst part about it was later hearing everybody go apeshit about how awesome LCD Soundsystem was.

Beef Jerky
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
My friend who caught her said that her stage people were stuck in traffic so they didn't have the right equipments and stage set up.
Poor Imogen Heap.

Fulkrum
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
She just announced a Greek Theatre show, so this thread is certainly relevant.

Yes that's why i'm asking. Someone always talks before using his brain (if he does have one).

Seems like her coachella was awful due to some technical issue, does it happen frequently? I'm seriously considering her greek theatre show but afraid it will turn out not worth going at the end.

flowbee
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Crowd after a few songs: "Hide and SEEK" Hide and SEEK!"

Then she said something like "...If you don't want to wait you can go see another band"

lol it was a rough show to get through. There was also that crowd participation thing which felt more like I was in a choir class at school.

gaypalmsprings
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Then she said something like "...If you don't want to wait you can go see another band"

lol it was a rough show to get through. There was also that crowd participation thing which felt more like I was in a choir class at school.

Yeah, what the hell was that about? Splitting the crowd into 3 parts and singing something similar to row-row-row your boat. She needs to watch more episodes of GLEE.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM

She was more defensive and less offensive really, it was more like: "It's coming later in the set...if I play right now you'll all leave!"

krisskross
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
i wasnt very close for this set because i got caught in the douchey la roux crowd. fuckers. last time she played coachella though i remember her having equiptment issues as well. saw her in germany and it was flawless.

Yoshan
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
loved her personality, very quirky. i could have got through the set malfunctions but I hated the sing-a-long thing. yeah it was cute, but people don't come to coachella to participate in some high school choir act. she should have just belted out songs herself, her voice is beautiful

nicolelmt
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I was so disappointed by Imogen Heap. First of all, I had just got out of Pretty Lights and the Ferris wheel and my state of mind was out of this world we'll just say....I LOVE Imogen Heap and waited for her to come on. From the second she began singing it sounded rushed and off. My mother is a professional singer so I could really hear the offness and strain in her voice. I stayed for one song because it was killing my buzz. FAITH NO MORE rocked my world this weekend tho : )

SomeGuyInNM
04-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I was just there to see Fever Ray, but I really like her voice and music (have to remember to buy her record).
I also wish she wouldn't have wasted so much time complaining about the equipment, and doing the sing-a-long thing.

tral!
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
I thought she was really cute and had an amazing voice and I actually loved her set. I was already a fan prior to Coachella though. I am hoping to see her elsewhere when she will be more organized and less frazzled.