PDA

View Full Version : South Park getting death threats

MassonaBlackEyes
04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-42587-Montreal-Celebrity-Examiner~y2010m4d21-South-Park-creators-threatened-with-death-by-Muslim-emtremists-over-portrayal-of-Muhammad

The creators of South Park have been threatened with murder by Islamic extremist groups in America over last week's episode which contained controversial portrayal of the Muslim prophet Muhammad.

On April 14th the animated series created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone produced an episode that showed the Muslim Prophet Muhammad dressed in a bear suit, and since its airing has caused a wave of controversy through the Muslim world.

A sobering and chilling reply was sent out this week when remarks made by a New York Islamic extremist group called Revolution Muslim said "We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality that will likely happen to them."
Theo van Gogh was a Dutch film maker who was assassinated in 2004 by an Islamic extremist for his personal take on the Muslim religion in both films and books.

The website for Revolution Muslim went further than just a veiled threat, and posted information on their site for the general population about where the creators of South Park work and live. This was accompanied by a sermon from a wanted cleric in Yemen outlining the punishments for blasphemy against the Muslim religion.

The story was also covered tonight on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, and Cooper himself said.

"We live in a country which prides itself on its freedom of speech, in which we can say whatever is in our hearts, in our minds as long as itís not threatening to someone else; as long as itís not calling for violence against somebody else.

Now, you might not like South Park the cartoon, you might think itís offensive, you might decide itís not something you want to watch, thatís up to you. But the notion that some radical Islamic group in America would make a threat, even a veiled one, against two men's lives because of it is chilling, and for the people making this threat, that is precisely the point; to chill discussion, to chill debate."

Although the owners of the website Revolution Muslim claim that they are only calling on people to protest, the website clearly depicted a murder victim underneath a clip of the offending scene from South Park.

It is steadfastly believed by Revolution Muslim that the Muslim equivelant to the Bible, the Qur'an, commands them "to terrorize non believers."
A public response by the creators of South Park has yet to be released.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I say good for them, they show jesus shitting on a pregnant lady and no one complains, but showing Mohamed in a bear suit warrants death????

Grant
04-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Are you fearful that you may lose your source of identity, shit-for-brains?

MassonaBlackEyes
04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Are you fearful that you may lose your source of identity, shit-for-brains?

what?

Grant
04-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Are you high or completely fucking retarded? I'm inclined to think both.

MassonaBlackEyes
04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
i have no idea what you are talking about

did you ever find that tank top?

Grant
04-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Go fuck off and let me know.

MassonaBlackEyes
04-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Go fuck off and let me know.

let you know what

EDIT:
oh do you wanna... like... see?

mickflyy
04-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Fucking aliases ughh!!! here i thought this was going to be a decent thread.

MassonaBlackEyes
04-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Fucking aliases ughh!!! here i thought this was going to be a decent thread.

what aliases

i am not lufs

now

on topic

i think the next episode is gonna be epic and hopefully we find out cartmans true dad and they show the image of mohammad

GoEastYoungMan
04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
i think the next episode is gonna be epic and hopefully we find out cartmans true dad and they show the image of mohammad

You mean like they already did in that Super Best Friends episode?

sbessiso
04-21-2010, 05:53 AM
its a fucking genius episode. One for the real long-term fans! you were just able to taste the appearance of mecha-streisand coming up.

does this mean robert smith will be coming back to save the day???!?!

gaypalmsprings
04-21-2010, 05:57 AM
I would like to see Salah in a bear suit. Oh, that sounds funny, at several different levels. Ha.

PotVsKtl
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
I would like to see everyone in this thread choke on gravel and hemorrhage blood out their maps 'til death do us part.

marooko
04-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Fuck the supposed prophet mohamed!! And fuck you if you're offended.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Aren't these guys always getting death threats?

M Sparks
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/l_1f601e2007a0fffb994e670754a47112.jpg

PotVsKtl
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM

Look at how edgy you are. Fuck the police, right?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/l_1f601e2007a0fffb994e670754a47112.jpg

I'm offended.

JustSteve
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM

and fuck head shops in the south bay.

marooko
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8708/l1f601e2007a0fffb994e67.jpg

marooko
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM

Say hello to your mother for me.

PotVsKtl
04-21-2010, 09:36 AM
marooko: the desiccant of comedy.

marooko
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
You shouldn't think so highly of me, Pot, I'm just a regular guy. I'm gonna let you down one day and it just isn't gonna be pretty.

betao
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm surprised Comedy Central allowed this to air. The last time they did this (the cartoon wars episode that made fun of Family Guy) censored the image of Muhammed.

juloxx
04-21-2010, 10:07 AM

Well put

kitt kat
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
BAH-BU-RAH
BAH-BU-RAH

jackstraw94086
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
It's just going to turn out to be someone else in the bear suit.

jackstraw94086
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
This actually could turn out to be a fun trick.

I'm going to get Mike Myers killed by spreading a rumor that Shrek was just Mohammed in an ogre suit.

marooko
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

J~$$$$
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Fucking pussies.

sbessiso
04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
the conclusion was alright, i was hoping for something with a little more BANG! but i still loved all the self-referencing.

p.s.-is anyone watching ugly americans? thats gotta be comedy centrals best new show in years

marooko
04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
So I saw this. Very funny. Saw a fox news story on it. Larry was pretty passionate about it.

jackstraw94086
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
the conclusion was alright, i was hoping for something with a little more BANG! but i still loved all the self-referencing.

p.s.-is anyone watching ugly americans? thats gotta be comedy centrals best new show in years

conclusion kinda sucked. Cartman being a ginger was telegraphed, and all the buildup about protecting the identity of the father fell completely flat.

ugly americans is alright, but it's very schtick-y and I'm not sure they've got more than a season and a half in them maybe.

darkjustice
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
anyone that fucks with matt and trey will feel the wrath of the dark justice

stinkbutt
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Argh! I missed this and now South Park Studios can't stream it on their site. Dammit!

sbessiso
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
ugly americans is alright, but it's very schtick-y and I'm not sure they've got more than a season and a half in them maybe.

maybe its the episode that you saw? i found last nights to be LOL from start to finish and i fucking LOVE the animation

Geno_g
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Argh! I missed this and now South Park Studios can't stream it on their site. Dammit!

Just said the same thing... How did I miss that last night...

nationocean
04-22-2010, 09:50 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=111366922232889

sbessiso
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
damn i feel like making that my new avatar....

Devin the Dude
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
The first episode, genius.
The second episode, crap.

Oh well at least we saw Jesus kick the shit outta some Gingers.

Gribbz
04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Allsp.com>South Park Studios

MassonaBlackEyes
04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Allsp.com>South Park Studios

dont they do the exact same thing?

Gribbz
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
dont they do the exact same thing?

South Park Studios has to wait x amount of time before they can post videos. Allsp.com does not.

humanoid
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM
A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3878

MassonaBlackEyes
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
South Park Studios has to wait x amount of time before they can post videos. Allsp.com does not.

i guess some people cant wait a week or watch it the day after

sbessiso
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
wait a second.....those speeches at the end werent supposed to be bleeped?? WTF comedy central? what am i missing?

humanoid
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
execs at Comedy Central didn't want to be kidnapped and beheaded

sbessiso
04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
but what does the speech at the end have to do with that?

Blinken
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Well they cant have a speech about not giving into fear and intimidation when they did just that.

jackstraw94086
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
maybe its the episode that you saw? i found last nights to be LOL from start to finish and i fucking LOVE the animation

I've seen of all the episodes. The racist blob was my favorite, and Randall's home visit was alright, but I can't see them having an endless supply of zombie, demon, etc. jokes.

marooko
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
So now we're just giving our rights up?

getbetter
04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.xepisodes.com/southpark/episodes/1406/201.html

If there is a ending speech and how well it's written is the real deciding factor if it was a good episode for me .

mickflyy
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
So now we're just giving our rights up?

No we have the right to make fun of everyone but Muslim's, the terrorists win.

marooko
04-23-2010, 06:48 AM

Bingo. And no one has an issue with it. Not enough to do anything.

BlackSwan
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM

Bingo. And no one has an issue with it. Not enough to do anything.

So all Muslims who don't appreciate people disrespecting their religion are terrorists? You dumb shits.

suprefan
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Ooops, they got hacked.

http://www.revolutionislam.com/

kitt kat
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
LULZ!

malcolmjamalawesome
04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh my god epic lulz

meowlouder
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
hahahahhahahhaahah THE best

MassonaBlackEyes
04-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Ooops, they got hacked.

http://www.revolutionislam.com/

heh
it'd be lulzier if that were the site that threatened matt and trey

thefunkylama
04-23-2010, 06:00 PM
As much as I like having a head above my shoulders, I thoroughly agree with that hacking.

MassonaBlackEyes
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
As much as I like having a head above my shoulders, I thoroughly agree with that hacking.

revolutionmuslim.com = the site that made the threat

revolutionislam.com = site that some /b/tards made

Boourns
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I loved loved loved the homage to the killing joke in the second episode. Very nice surprise.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/04/22/swipe-file-south-park-vs-the-killing-joke/

canexplain
05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I heard this was a rerun but did anyone see the episode last night about KFC? The food nazis banned all kfcs in Colorado, then the kfc's turned in MMJ stores because it was legal. The men in the town wanted weed so they forced themselves to get ball cancer and the balls grew so big they had to carry them around in a wheel barrel. KFC turned into the underground drug and MMJ was just something to buy in the store. Of course it was much more then that, but it was a keeper ...

stinkbutt
10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Dude just got 30 years

WASHINGTON – Zachary Adam Chesser, 20, of Fairfax County, Va., pleaded guilty today before U.S. District Court Judge Liam O’Grady to a three-count criminal information that included charges of communicating threats against the writers of the South Park television show, soliciting violent jihadists to desensitize law enforcement, and attempting to provide material support to Al-Shabaab, a designated foreign terrorist organization.

The guilty plea was announced by David Kris, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division; Neil H. MacBride, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia; and John G. Perren, Acting Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI Washington Field Office.

Chesser faces a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison when he is sentenced on Feb. 25, 2011.

"The defendant attempted to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and used the Internet to incite violence. Thankfully, his commitment to violence was outmatched by the dedicated work of the agents, prosecutors and analysts who worked tirelessly to bring this man to justice," said Assistant Attorney General David Kris. "Today’s guilty plea is a direct result of the partnership and cooperation between the National Security Division, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the FBI."

"Zachary Chesser seriously endangered the lives of innocent people who will remain at risk for many years to come," said U.S. Attorney MacBride. "His solicitation of extremists to murder U.S. citizens also caused people throughout the country to fear speaking out – even in jest – lest they also be labeled as enemies who deserved to be killed. In admitting his guilt today, Mr. Chesser reminded us of the serious threat homegrown jihadists pose to this country, and I express my gratitude and admiration for the FBI agents who apprehended Mr. Chesser before he could endanger even more Americans."

"The FBI’s number one priority is to combat terrorist attacks against the United States," said FBI Acting Assistant Director in Charge Perren. "Using broad-based communication channels to threaten, harm and intimidate and then incite others to do the same will not be tolerated. The FBI works to investigate persons who have acted on a radical philosophy and seek to harm to U.S. citizens."

According to court documents filed with his plea agreement, Chesser maintained several online profiles dedicated to extremist jihad propaganda. Today, Chesser pleaded guilty to taking repeated steps in April 2010 to encourage violent jihadists to attack the writers of South Park for their depiction of Muhammad, including highlighting their residence and urging online readers to "pay them a visit." Among the steps he took was posting on multiple occasions speeches by Anwar Al-Awlaki, which explained the Islamic justification for killing those who insult or defame Muhammad. Al-Awlaki was designated by the United States as a "Specially Designated Global Terrorist" on July 12, 2010.

Chesser also admitted that in May 2010, he posted to a jihadist website the personal contact information of individuals who had joined the "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" group on Facebook, with the prompting that this is, "Just a place to start."

Chesser also pleaded guilty to soliciting others to desensitize law enforcement by placing suspicious-looking but innocent packages in public places. Chesser explained through a posting online that once law enforcement was desensitized, a real explosive could be used. Chesser ended the posting with the words, "Boom! No more kuffar." According to court documents, "kuffar" means unbeliever, or disbeliever.

According to court records, Chesser also admitted that from at least January 2010 through July 2010, he posted numerous messages online that included calls from Al-Awlaki to join violent jihadists and step-by-step actions individuals needed to take to leave for jihad. Among those postings included a video Chesser made that featured images of mujahedeen in Somalia and a song, sung by Chesser, with the translated title, "America We Are Coming."

Chesser admitted that he promoted online what he called "Open Source Jihad," where he would direct jihadists through his online forums to information on the Internet that they could use to elude capture and death while maintaining relevance and striking capability. This included linking to the entire security screening manual used by the Transportation Security Administration and hundreds of books that contained information on the construction of antiaircraft missiles, and tactics, techniques and weapons for targeting aircraft such as jet airplanes and helicopters.

In addition, Chesser pleaded guilty to attempting to provide material support to Al-Shabaab. On Feb. 29, 2008, the U.S. Department of State designated Al-Shabaab as a foreign terrorist organization, describing it as a violent and brutal extremist group based in Somalia with a number of individuals affiliated with Al-Qaeda. This designation prohibits providing material support or resources to Al-Shabaab.

According to court records, Chesser admitted that he twice attempted to leave the United States and travel to Somalia for the purpose of joining Al-Shabaab and engage in violent jihad as a foreign fighter. The first attempt was in November 2009, which was postponed because his wife was unable to obtain her passport. The second attempt was on July 10, 2010, when he sought to board a flight from New York to Uganda with his infant son. He was prevented from boarding the plane, and Chesser admitted that he brought his son with him as part of his "cover" to avoid detection of his intention to join Al-Shabaab in Somalia. He also attempted to board the plane with a video camera, which he admitted in court that he intended to use to make production quality videos for al-Shabaab’s propaganda campaign.

Chesser also admitted today in court that he posted several online messages in support of Al-Shabaab, including videos of attacks by Al-Shabaab on a government building in Mogadishu, a video claiming that African Union troops are responsible for killing civilians in Somalia, a video supporting the merger of Al-Shabaab with another organization, and links to what Chesser described as the "Al Qaeda Manual" that included instructions in support of violent jihad.

This case is being investigated by the FBI Washington Field Office. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Gordon Kromberg and Thomas H. McQuillan of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia and Trial Attorney John T. Gibbs of the Counterterrorism Section in the National Security Division are prosecuting the case.

jackstraw94086
10-22-2010, 11:39 AM
the charges carry a MAXIMUM pentaly of 30 years.
He might get a fraction of that.

and it clearly says his sentencing is next year.

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2010, 12:01 PM
the charges carry a MAXIMUM pentaly of 30 years.
He might get a fraction of that.

and it clearly says his sentencing is next year.
Umm, I don't know. Terrorism is a huge concern for US citizens, and the fact that being a citizen himself and basically making the threats and endangering the rest of us, he could be made an example. (Of course, without knowing myself how they calculate federal time for good behavior, etc, it could be less than 30, but not much.)

bmack86
10-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Federal parole plans could cut his sentence in half.

BROKENDOLL
10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Federal parole plans could cut his sentence in half.
15 years for being a dick on the internet...

malcolmjamalawesome
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM
lol "dude just got 30 years"