PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah you're sad.

hollywood scum
01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
yeah, mars volta sucks now.

AMultitudeOfCasualities
01-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Im not sad at all ive seen the Mars Volta twice before and both times they have been horribly disappointing...which is a shame becuase i love thier albums, they just cant help but turning all of thier songs into the 17 minute version of it. To much instrumental masturbation if ya ask me.

brownbuffalo
01-22-2007, 02:28 PM
i am sad as well, i have seen them about 8 times and each time is an audio orgasm of omar and cedric. its okay most people don't like them live because the band doesn't play like robots and play the exact same way as on the album. it would be amazing to see them pull out the old 30 min verson of cicatriz and play cassandra for a one hour set. or they could do what they did at the weenine roast in 2005 and just jam for an hour. or maybe they still have problems with goldenvoice since the whole jed the fish death threat.

BootsyGraham
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
I wish the Mars Volta would be there but the lineup is still amazing.

Sonic Youth!
The Red Hot Chili Peppers!
Rage Against the Machine!
Blonde Redhead!

hotnikkels
01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I am too, havent seen em but I heard they are one of the best shows to see.

woogie846
01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I've seen them once, and I thought they were very entertaining. I was a little dissapointed that they haven't taken their own tour for the new album, though.

ghettojournalist
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
they would be a good add, but i can wait for a better album than their last.

Ceilopty
01-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Do you really want some space-emo or prog-emo?? That's weird...How about psychedelic nu-metal?

therickydarling
01-22-2007, 04:56 PM
yeah i enjoy TMV never seen them live but everyone who's seen them says they're awesome. would have liked to see them.
best band ever who I thought I would never see again---Rage Against TM
best band presently entertaining===Chilli peppers
best would like to know what all the hubub is all about///TMV
But Coachella still ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kroqken
02-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I am not sad, they are so overrated. I would rather see the Judybats, Ocean Blue, Trashcan Sinatras or Blue Aeroplanes make an appearance.

el_harderino
02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Do you really want some space-emo or prog-emo?? That's weird...How about psychedelic nu-metal?

Man, you are a fucking idiot.

lowfront
02-14-2007, 09:42 PM
mars volta is one of the worst bands live...

I saw them twice and both times I wanted to shoot myself.....

seriously they fucking suck

hangthedj112
02-14-2007, 09:50 PM
They're doing a full us tour this spring, then you can go see all the 30-minute improv jams and shrieking you want,

godevilove
02-15-2007, 12:03 AM

...TMV couldnt ask for a better compliment than this!

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 12:08 AM
nope

SojuGorae
02-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Mars Volta's singer sounds like a pregnant woman

luckyface
02-15-2007, 12:46 AM

...TMV couldnt ask for a better compliment than this!

Mars Volta's singer sounds like a pregnant woman

Yes and Yes.

I am kind of sad TMV won't be there... they would siphon off a lot of the crowd for whatever bands would be playing simultaneously.

DeltaSigChi4
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Lollapalozza??

E

instinct
02-15-2007, 01:28 AM
i am sad as well, i have seen them about 8 times or maybe they still have problems with goldenvoice since the whole jed the fish death threat.

what happened?

uniform72
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I would actually use the term "extremely disappointed". I just assumed that they would be playing. Apparently people have wildly differing views on their performances but I have yet to see them live so I would very much like to make that judgement for myself. I will conceed that the new album is not that good. I would even go so far as to say that it was Chili Pepperized. However, both "De-loused" and "Frances the Mute" are fucking amazing and easily two of the best rock albums released this decade.

PineapplePete
02-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm really sad too. I've seen them live once and they were amazing. A great band to just kick back and listen to...even if some of the songs are 17 mins long. I like them cuz their songs are more like a journey than anything else, flowing from one part to another, and the beginning never sounds like the ending, unlike the homogenized shit that's being pumped out these days.

woogie846
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM

You've never heard The Mars Volta, have you?

kreutz2112
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I wish they played more songs during their live show. The shows right after De-Loused came out were sooooo good, like really really good. I went to two of those and then I saw them on the Frances the Mute tour and they were a little worse (not talent worse, but show quality worse) they jam too long. I dont even know if they did their own tour for Amputechture?

rno2worriesx
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, Volta's one of my favorite bands. It'd be 10 times better if they were playing. I wish it were Volta back in the day though, in like 03 with Theodore. The only reason I still love this is cause Omar's a genius.

What ever happened to the rumors of Jon Theodore with de la Rocha? I'd love to hear that stuff.

Oh yeah and !!! is playing and aren't they on Omars record label, GSL? hopefully can catch that shit.

Lounge Fly
02-15-2007, 07:16 PM
However, both "De-loused" and "Frances the Mute" are fucking amazing and easily two of the best rock albums released this decade.

While I've got some singles downloaded I've never had an album. If I'm going to buy one of those two and try it out which would you suggest? I'm still kinda trying to get into them, its kinda happening but I could use a few more listens

Jesse
02-15-2007, 07:50 PM
While I've got some singles downloaded I've never had an album. If I'm going to buy one of those two and try it out which would you suggest? I'm still kinda trying to get into them, its kinda happening but I could use a few more listens

If you're going to buy one of those two, I would definately suggest Deloused. It is a masterpiece. Just make sure to listen to it all the way through, in order. It's no the same broken up into individual tracks on shuffle. The same holds true (even more so) for Frances the Mute.

kroqken
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Mars Volta are overrated and pretentious. Other overrated and pretentious bands (in my opinion) include Tool, Steely Dan, Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

kreutz2112
02-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Mars Volta are overrated and pretentious. Other overrated and pretentious bands (in my opinion) include Tool, Steely Dan, Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

asshat

Sexecutioner
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
anyone sad like me?

no. get over it.

they are alright, but nothing to get sad over.

theaenimatool
02-15-2007, 08:37 PM
anyone sad like me?

very depressed. maybe theyll get added??? day 2 please, i already have enough conflicts on day one, and day 3 is all about rage.

Jesse
02-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Just cause they're overrated doesn't mean they're not incredible. And they have a right to be pretentious. They're better than tthe majority of musical artists out there right now, and they know it.

uniform72
02-22-2007, 11:29 AM
If you're going to buy one of those two, I would definately suggest Deloused. It is a masterpiece. Just make sure to listen to it all the way through, in order. It's no the same broken up into individual tracks on shuffle. The same holds true (even more so) for Frances the Mute.

I will second this response.

uniform72
02-22-2007, 11:37 AM

To be a pretentious band, wouldn't you have to still be a band?

BoardsofCoachella
02-22-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.goldenvoice.com/concerts.htm
They're playing in April at the Orpheum in L.A.

shoegazer76
02-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I was waiting for someone to put this band on the message board.
This band is the most horrible band I've ever!!!!!! seen live. So much so I had to burn the shirt I bought in effigy. Rick Reuben is all of this bands success !!!! If I wanted to hear live shit like them I would go see the Boredoms or go to a circuit bent show. Saw them at Bonnaroo in 05 when they were being billed as one of the main acts & i haven't been more disappointed in all my concert going career. They opened with one song that was recognizable and didn't make it through the whole thing cause they supposedly had P.A. problems with the guitar. After that it was a 3 hour set from 1a.m. to 4 a.m. of pure feedback crap. I've never seen a more disappointed crowd. It was as if someone had dropped a megaton fart that cleared the audience. They didn't even attempt to play another song. All they wanna do is get up there and wave a Puerto Rico & Mexican flag around like there great musicians cause thats where there from. There drummer couldn't hold any kind of beat. I saw them again open for the Peppers in Cleveland & they sucked just as bad but suprisingly had a new drummer that could keep some kind of beat. The sound man had the P.A. turned up so loud it just added to their already shity sound. Here's a tip fo you Mars Volta, lose the horn section your not Funkadelic! I honestly don't know how they think they can get up there night after night and perform like that & expect to sell records or tickets to any more shows. Congratulations MARS VOLTA you are the worst live band in the history of Rock N' Roll. You are disappointments to yourselves & fans. I hope you never put another album out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday they'll be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, be sure you flush after you've viewed the exhibit! I would rather see Charo or K.D. Lang at Coachella than them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kampy
02-22-2007, 12:26 PM
both times I've seen TMV live, i was into it for about the first ten minutes, and then it started to get annoying. I liked the energy and the spastic dancing (writhing?), but the noise experiment coming through the speakers was not pleasant. I watched the entire crowd at Vegoose scream at them to fix their levels for about 20 minutes, then we had to get out of there before our heads exploded (and not in a good way)

and yes, i liked Frances the Mute

lowfront
02-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Worst band I've ever seen live.....

I'll say it again

ediger
02-22-2007, 12:52 PM
both times I've seen them, its been unreal. That being said, I can easily see how people wouldn't enjoy the Mars Volta. I can also see them being pretty hit and miss live. Their music is pretty intricate and if the entire band isn't in synch for some reason, it would sound like shite.