PDA

View Full Version : I'm really sad.

Giannid6
04-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I overheard a staff person at Coachella saying that one person died of heat exhaustion during Deadmau5 (I was there and isn't that eerie to anyone else?) and another died at Plastikman. I know that with that many people there it's bound to happen but... does this happen every year? It's very sad.

shoegazer76
04-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Heat exhaustion my ass. But yeah that is very sad indeed if true.

Giannid6
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, most likely ecstasy or molly was involved, but it's likely that the actual cause was the heat / suffocation or dehydration.

rasooli
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
wow, no fucking kidding. I wonder if anyone can get proof of this and post it here.

gaypalmsprings
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
This is no where to be found on the interwebz to verify. Pics or it ain't true.

shoegazer76
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I've been to numerous festivals & there is one rule. If a single person dies it is not a success & the wknd was in vain. Its very emotional to see the ambulance arrive followed by a hearse at the end of a fest. & yes I have seen this happen at a fest.

humanoid
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
I've seen it happen at a few raves over the years

Giannid6
04-20-2010, 07:19 PM
When I told my friends they said that a handful of people probably die every year at Coachella, but that just doesn't seem accurate to me. Or at least not acceptable.

gaypalmsprings
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I have heard at previous Coachella's that people had been raped or had otherwise been victimized. The stuff never makes it to the newspaper - but maybe it's posted on some Indio police listing.

shoegazer76
Me too poor lil thirteen year old thought he could handle shooting an entire bottle of pharmeceuitcal K in his ass. The result was both of his lungs collapsing & rapid suffocation. Dying all alone in the corner of a rave. Another kid at a fest drank & did so much K he drown in his own vomit like Jimi. Aint no fest or party worth dying over kids. Aint no buzz worth dying over either. Moderation & responsibility if you absolutely must dabble.

ProEdge
If it's true then that's tragic. People need to use common sense and take care of themselves though.

drewniverse
Ambulance did come regularly. While I was ROLL-ING-SKATING (hehe) the DJ did say something about everyone should drink plenty of water because someone died earlier that day from dehydration. Just hearsay...

Giannid6
04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I planned and hoped to not get too fucked up during the festival and succeeded. Had a great time, but just didn't take it too far.

gnarbucketz
04-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I heard about a death from a friend, who knows someone on the staff, who I think knew the person who died. Very sad.

WhatLies
04-20-2010, 10:16 PM
everytime you take drugs such as ecstasy, you are putting your life in jeopardy. Its bullshit to hear people say, oh yea I take E but only in moderation. There is no such thing as moderation when it comes to drugs like that, as the whole purpose of E is to feel extreme euphoria. The paradox is, that your body can lose its homeostasis and you can overheat and die. Granted the probability of this happening to you is fairly low, still no one should ever assume that they are taking E safely, it just doesn't work out that way.

This is very tragic and I feel horrible for that persons family.

algunz
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
It wasn't even that hot. WTF?

frozen pilgrim
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
jesus, guys. I know stuff was fucked up this year, but this is a totally unsubstantiated story

frozen pilgrim
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
you wanna talk about fucked up, how about a CSC staffer running people over in a golf cart. those fuckers were driving around like maniacs inches form people all weekend

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I think this would have made it on the news somewhere.

WhatLies
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
jesus, guys. I know stuff was fucked up this year, but this is a totally unsubstantiated story

maybe so, but you know this is a reality at every major festival where people do drugs.

frozen pilgrim
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I also know that when someone dies at the single most important event there is to a town, it makes the local news immediately. it happened at offsite camping a few years ago, and this year there was even an article (I'll try and find the link, though it's hardly as wild fo a claim) about how there were a few more hospitalizations than normal, but less due to heat. if someone actually died, we'd know.

and I'm sorry, but died of HEAT exhaustion during plastikman? the tent wasn't crowded and the temp was down to like 70 degrees

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah I recently heard about that kid in 2008, if this is true it would be on the news.

SoulDischarge
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Aint no buzz worth dying over either.

Considering that you haven't had a buzz good enough to have died from, I would say that opinion is totally unsubstantiated.

dontpanic
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
crazy kids and their drugs.

cjamesgo8421
04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I did see a guy passed out on the ground as I was leaving Deadmau5 and there were ambulance men rushing up to him but I did not think he was dead, I wonder if that was him? That was the first time I'd ever seen ambulance at Coachella, it was startling.

ryanliamg
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
i'm not surprised if a few people died. some kid close to us at gorillaz started to seize and it took several minutes for security to even find out. We saw him earlier and were joking about how fucked he looked. people die under the radar pretty often especially at crowded festivals with drugs a plenty.

Grant
04-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Me too poor lil thirteen year old thought he could handle shooting an entire bottle of pharmeceuitcal K in his ass. The result was both of his lungs collapsing & rapid suffocation. Dying all alone in the corner of a rave.

The way you worded that made me start to laugh, but I stopped because I don't wanna go to hell.

mickflyy
04-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Honestly if anyone has proof of this post it if not just shut the fuck up, it really isn't funny.

TheClares
04-21-2010, 01:46 AM
http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2010-04-18/local-county-news/coachella-music-festival-draws-large-crowds-less-police-run-ins

Paramedics and emergency personnel treated about 45 people for dehydration and other heat and alcohol-related incidents throughout the three days, most of which were on Friday and Saturday, Guitron said.

Giannid6
04-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Heh... okay, so the ganging up begins. Well, it is a message board after all.

But look at this: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=587670

There's a death from Coachella in 08. Have you seen that in the news? Click the link in the thread. Uh oh!

Music festivals don't want this kind of negative publicity. Our news is manipulated.