PDA

View Full Version : Craze & Klever - What happened to Turntablism?

instinct
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Wow, talk about a disappointment. Probably some of the most talented deejays on Earth and I hear them play "Smells like Teen Spirit" remixes other Electro crowd pleasing shit. It sounded like a 2003 Felix The Housecat set. I've seen both of them, and I really enjoy turntablism and was hoping this would be the one act this year. I would expect a set like this at Monster Massive, but not Coachella. I couldn't stay for more than 10 minutes of their set.

BRING BACK MIKE RELM.

frozen pilgrim
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
it's too bad you didn't stay. they were just getting the hipsters warmed for some serious shit. they battled back and forth, they two-man juggled, they scratch solo'd, and they featured two of their label's MCs for whom they did live beat-juggling of their tracks. one of my favourite sets of the weekend.

koryp
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
It's a shame you didn't stay longer. It was no Invisibl Skratch Piklz show, but they tore it up a little about half way through. I think they were mostly playing to the dance masses, not catering to the turntable junkies. In my mind they have made up for the no show in 2009. Sorry you left and missed it.

instinct
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
In that case, I'm sorry I missed it too.

seitron
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm not big into turntablism but I was also really hoping to see an awesome set - I just couldn't focus on what they were doing because I dont think it was possible to choose a more fucking cliche set list. This is coachella not a 7th grade dance for fucks sake. It's too bad they didn't showcase their skills more than they did my friend and I were looking forward to it.

Gribbz
04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
They did a lot of turntablism. Loved it.

unknown
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
When I first walked in I thought WTF as well but I stuck it out and they delivered.

travolta
04-20-2010, 07:05 PM
When I first walked in I thought WTF as well but I stuck it out and they delivered.

what a concept! sticking it out and trusting the performers! (not directed at anyone in this thread)

instinct
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
what a concept! sticking it out and trusting the performers! (not directed at anyone in this thread)

After I heard smells like Teen Spirit, I lost my trust.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
I really wish I would have seen their set, but i left my room a little late then got stuck in traffic forever.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
They brought out 2 hip hop MC's, they were doing tandem scratching, and they were just mixing, cutting, and scratching at the end of their set.

Sounds like a DMC Champion and sounds like Craze to me =)