PDA

View Full Version : Heineken Dome > Sahara

instinct
04-20-2010, 02:12 PM
At least this year anyways.. Seriously the Sahara has sold out. DeadMau5 and David Guetta? C'mon Coachella.. Stop catering to the trendy dance acts, Thank God for Orbital. Friday Day was killer in the Heineken dome where they had ACTUAL house music, except for Friday night when they did the silent disco and played shitty top 40. The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.

Menace2Society
04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
At least this year anyways.. Seriously the Sahara has sold out. DeadMau5 and David Guetta? C'mon Coachella.. Stop catering to the trendy dance acts, Thank God for Orbital. Friday Day was killer in the Heineken dome where they had ACTUAL house music, except for Friday night when they did the silent disco and played shitty top 40. The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.

SAHARA > you.

westcoastpirate
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
The crowd in there seemed much more chill and mature.

Heineken Dome=over 21
Sahara Tent=all ages

Hicks
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I was in the Sahara for Plastikman and it was one of the most chill crowds I'd been in all weekend.

Unicornsrcool
04-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Why wasn't there the usual Dome this year?
It was so epic last year, I was really looking forward to it again, and told all my first-timer friends about its glory.

Lemonpie
04-20-2010, 06:37 PM

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/P1020844.jpg

I fully support your hatred for guetta, but you can't bag the mau5.

Wheres the beef?
04-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Well sorry the Sahara isn't playing house music 24/7.

instinct
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Well sorry the Sahara isn't playing house music 24/7.

It should be. No, I really would get bored. Seriously though, the Sahara tent line-up was about the same of a typical massive rave. I feel like the Sahara is just catering to what is popular at the moment to sell more tickets.

That really looks like a sick picture of DeadMau5.. but that doesn't mean I like the music.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Brochella 2011 at the Sahara.

PrettyRagdoll
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I actually saw a chick with a shirt that said "brochella" It made me sad for the future of Coachella

CrimesceneCookie
04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Is anyone actually ever impressed with anyone saying cliche things like "goldenvoice sold out"?

Grow up. You didn't have to see Deadmau5 or Guetta. In fact you had no business being in that tent while PiL was playing. If you skipped those and saw Plastikman and Orbital, you wouldn't be talking such nonsense.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Is anyone actually ever impressed with anyone saying cliche things like "goldenvoice sold out"?

Grow up. You didn't have to see Deadmau5 or Guetta. In fact you had no business being in that tent while PiL was playing. If you skipped those and saw Plastikman and Orbital, you wouldn't be talking such nonsense.

I skipped both and saw both. I don't think they "sold out", I think they sold too much waaayyyyyyy too much. It sucks waiting all year for something (not to mention all the money I spent), and not being able to get a spot inside a tent or any wear remotely near to a stage without basically having to fight with someone over your space. I've been going since 1999, and in my opinion this was my worst experience there (not counting the music). I will always go back I just hope they don't decide to sell more next year unless the make the tents bigger.

Lemonpie
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
It should be. No, I really would get bored. Seriously though, the Sahara tent line-up was about the same of a typical massive rave. I feel like the Sahara is just catering to what is popular at the moment to sell more tickets.

That really looks like a sick picture of DeadMau5.. but that doesn't mean I like the music.

O i know, i think seeing him live musically is alright, but those lights were fucking crazy, i would definitely see him again for those alone.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
STFU Greg! DJ Lance Rock was sick! Wolfgang Gartner was tight. Craze & Klever played a lot of hip hop and did turntablists shit. For someone walking around Coachella w/ a bring hip hop back to Coachella shirt or whatever you should be supporting them.

Bassnectar DESTROYED the Sahara, Glitch Mob was pretty tight, and Club 75 was... well they were Club 75. Orbital was siiiiiiiiiccccckkkkkk.

as for the whole Deadmau5 argument, he should just play more dubstep and I'd listen to him.

I wish there would have been more breaks this year which kind of sucked, but at least Deadmau5 & Guetta are better than like.. Paul Van Dyke LOL.

Anyways, heres for high hopes next year!

juloxx
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/P1020844.jpg

I fully support your hatred for guetta, but you can't bag the mau5.

QFT

Besides his fan-base, there is no logical reason to hate on Deadmau5

as for the whole Deadmau5 argument, he should just play more dubstep and I'd listen to him.

No. No more dub-step. I was actually blown away by alot of the dub-step played. I always thought I hated dub-step until Coachella this year. Bassnectar was one of the best acts I saw. That being said, there is still wayyyy too much dub-step being played at Coachella.....

How bout some fucking Drum n Bass?

zimmy1222
04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
how about his shitty music?

ELECtROjan
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
the Sahara was pretty much 21+ for Orbital and 2ManyDJ's.... the best electronic acts at Coachella this year

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
how about his shitty music?

I think his albums are phenomenal...is his live show so much different? I didn't catch him.

Distorted_Jungle
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I caught Donald Glaud in the dome, the ceiling was pretty fuckin sick.

Beef Jerky
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm calling the whambulance.

bender
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
i see classixx in that dome on friday and they were totally sweet. i wish they advertised who was playing there better cuz there weren't very many people there

instinct
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
i see classixx in that dome on friday and they were totally sweet. i wish they advertised who was playing there better cuz there weren't very many people there

I liked that there was room to dance.

instinct
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
STFU Greg! DJ Lance Rock was sick! Wolfgang Gartner was tight. Craze & Klever played a lot of hip hop and did turntablists shit. For someone walking around Coachella w/ a bring hip hop back to Coachella shirt or whatever you should be supporting them.

Bassnectar DESTROYED the Sahara, Glitch Mob was pretty tight, and Club 75 was... well they were Club 75. Orbital was siiiiiiiiiccccckkkkkk.

I wish there would have been more breaks this year which kind of sucked, but at least Deadmau5 & Guetta are better than like.. Paul Van Dyke LOL.

STFU Dustin. This is coming from a total newb. Fool you know I was there for Craze and Klever and I didn't hear any hip hop. I wish I would have stayed because I heard they eventually did some turntablism, but I seriously couldn't stand their cliche party set. Why should I be happy that it is better than "Paul Van Dyke"?? Glitch Mob plays all the time anyways.. Club 75 was horrible, and sounded horrible in the back. The treble was too much to bare.

Orbital was sick.. of course. Lance Rock was dope too.. So basically the Sahara was good the VERY beginning of Friday and the end of Sunday Night.. Not too much to fill in between.

zimmy1222
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I think his albums are phenomenal...is his live show so much different? I didn't catch him.

I'll I've ever heard about his last tour was that it was mediocre at best, and when I saw him in October, mediocre would have been an excessive compliment.

ADrunkPoet
04-21-2010, 02:28 PM
the Sahara was pretty much 21+ for Orbital and 2ManyDJ's.... the best electronic acts at Coachella this year

This x 1,000

And while I felt most of Saturday in the Sahara (outside of 2manydjs) was about as appealing as a shit sandwich, that does not for a second undermine the epicness that was both Friday and Sunday. Two out of three ain't bad.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
STFU Dustin. This is coming from a total newb. Fool you know I was there for Craze and Klever and I didn't hear any hip hop. I wish I would have stayed because I heard they eventually did some turntablism, but I seriously couldn't stand their cliche party set. Why should I be happy that it is better than "Paul Van Dyke"?? Glitch Mob plays all the time anyways.. Club 75 was horrible, and sounded horrible in the back. The treble was too much to bare.

Orbital was sick.. of course. Lance Rock was dope too.. So basically the Sahara was good the VERY beginning of Friday and the end of Sunday Night.. Not too much to fill in between.

Lol I was smart enough not to be there for the beginning of Craze & Klever's set and I showed up right as they started to do tandem scratching and they were doing nothing but turntablist/hip hop, you fucked up greg!

Glitch Mob does play a lot right now cause of the new cd, but this wasn't even a normal set it they just played their brand new cd live and they played the custom visuals they made to it, for such a lighting enthusiast you should have known this Greg. Club 75 was terrible but that's how the French like it, they love that HIGH pitch fucking noise.

You should be happy it's better than Paul Van Dyke cause if you don't really feel greatful for that then they're going to pull an Insomniac and just start booking cheese!

QFT

No. No more dub-step. I was actually blown away by alot of the dub-step played. I always thought I hated dub-step until Coachella this year. Bassnectar was one of the best acts I saw. That being said, there is still wayyyy too much dub-step being played at Coachella.....

How bout some fucking Drum n Bass?

BASSNECTAR WAS SIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKK

Dubstep can be BORING as hell and it typically is except for a few DJs out there such as Bassnectar haha.

I've been waiting to do this since I was 12... *drops seek and destroy remix* ahhh good times.

I wish they would bring more drum and bass and breaks. Booty breaks in the Sahara is what i'd be about haha, Stanton Warriors, Deekline, Ed Solo, Wizard, DJ Icey, Krafty Kuts, lol helll bring back Plump DJ's again next year. I'd just like to see at least one good breaks act, OR what about Hyper live! That would be siiiiicccckkkkkk

elChurro
04-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I never stepped foot in the sahara this year, which is kinda odd. Spent most of my time next door in the mohave.

nbvcide
04-01-2011, 12:45 AM
did anybody catch Bunny in the dome last year? it was saturday night 6pm, i was off watching Bassnectar destroy the sahara, but would have been in the beer garden dome otherwise..

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-01-2011, 12:49 AM
did anybody catch Bunny in the dome last year? it was saturday night 6pm, i was off watching Bassnectar destroy the sahara, but would have been in the beer garden dome otherwise..

Bassnectar was sooooo sick.

LickTheLizzard
04-01-2011, 01:00 AM

this made me lol. i think dustin jinxed 2011 with this post and that is why PVD made the lineup this year.

and bassnectar was fucking awesome.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
this made me lol. i think dustin jinxed 2011 with this post and that is why PVD made the lineup this year.

and bassnectar was fucking awesome.

He was bound to come back, it's not his first Coachella-rodeo. =/

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Club 75 was terrible but that's how the French like it, they love that HIGH pitch fucking noise.

The "HIGH pitch fucking noise" isn't what made that set terrible, it was the fact that they couldn't mix for shit. The entire set was one failed mix into another.

blueduck
04-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Is there going to be a doam again this year? when do they release the artists playing?

TomAz
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Overflowing portapotty > Sahara

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
The "HIGH pitch fucking noise" isn't what made that set terrible, it was the fact that they couldn't mix for shit. The entire set was one failed mix into another.

You mean you heard real music/mixing over the high pitch noises?

thewoodenman
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Hope they have something good lined up for this this year. Glaude was a lot of fun Sunday night last year, drunk 40 year old women spilling their beers everywhere it was total chaos.

Neighborhood Creep
04-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I sat in there for about an hour to escape the sun and get a cold drink. There was nothing to special about it, although it was only like 2pm.

I wouldn't waste seeing someone who I really enjoy on one of the other 7 stages for the Heineken Dome though

malcolmjamalawesome
04-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Overflowing portapotty > Sahara

You crusty, bitter bastard.

blueduck
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Dirty Vegas is is playing the dome this year.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Really? Source?

thagorillaz
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM

really? thats sort of sad. They would have been sahara material at one point.
Days go by is still one of the greatest house songs.
-tim

TomAz
04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
You crusty, bitter bastard.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/ee/images/uploads/joey_crying.jpg

khoyfish
04-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Friday Day Sahara > Friday Day Heineken Dome

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Really? Source?

It's true...
http://www.om-records.com/events/2400-dirty-vegas-coachella-heineken-dome

That's really weird.

digitaldragon03
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Seriously?!?! Throw him into the Sahara and bump Skrillex the fuck out.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I haven't thought about Dirty vegs in a long time, i just may try to check that set out. 4pm is a perfect time to dip into the dome for a beer

malcolmjamalawesome
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
There always seems to be hot babes partying in the Heineken Dome.

NachoCat
04-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Sexy!

blueduck
04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
dirty vegas has a new album coming out mid April. thats why

NachoCat
04-01-2011, 12:16 PM
DIRTY VEGAS IN THE SAHARA DAMMMIT

Cooper
04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
anyone else hear about any other acts in the dome for this year yet?

RobertGoulet
04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
anyone else hear about any other acts in the dome for this year yet?

Dj Dan, whoever that is : http://www.djdan.com/content/coachella-heineken-dome

dyltr0n3030
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Dj Dan, whoever that is : http://www.djdan.com/content/coachella-heineken-dome

DJ DAN always throws the fuck down for house music. you can take me word on it.

nbvcide
04-09-2011, 05:38 PM
also, donald glaude

busychild
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
some of the names im seeing in teh Heineken dome is very nostalgic. i used to see those guys at raves and club events 10 years ago. back then they played lots of Tech-House. (techno beeps glitches, but more to a house feeling melody). i defined want to see the full lineup.

GuyInTucson
04-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Dirty Vegas in the Mojave in 03 was a pretty good show. Kind of odd they are playing the Dome instead of being on the lineup. Kick Skrillex off the lineup and replace him with Dirty Vegas.

Mikey Lion
04-10-2011, 12:17 AM
some of the names im seeing in teh Heineken dome is very nostalgic. i used to see those guys at raves and club events 10 years ago. back then they played lots of Tech-House. (techno beeps glitches, but more to a house feeling melody). i defined want to see the full lineup.

I swear the Heineken Dome is THE SPOT for tech-house. Seriously last year Donald threw down the sickest tech house set and there were older hot babes crawling the place.

However, I did just see him in SD and he played a pretty typical wack ass San Diego electro set. I really hope he plays the sick shit.

Tech-House > everything else