PDA

View Full Version : Live Recordings

grannock
04-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Just got back from a fantastic time at Coachella. Best festival lineup I've ever seen, thank you GV for stacking a ticket so hardcore. I'm not going to talk about the cons, there were a few, but overall I was impressed.

I brought my recently purchased Zoom Q3 with me and recored about 20 hours of high quality audio. I have complete or nearly complete sets from :

Perry Ferrel
Yeasayer
(I was too drunk to take nice vids on friday night)

Porcupine Tree
Portugal
Old Crow
Edward Sharp
Bassnectar
FNM
Muse
2manyDJ's

Owen Pallet
Glitch Mob
Club 75
Jonsi
Orbital
Thom Yorke

I'm gonna edit them up a bit and post it all on my Youtube Channel if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/grannock

Also, side note, if anyone has any really nice video quality of one of these sets but poor audio, let me know! Maybe we can mash something together.

fancy restaurant
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Just got back from a fantastic time at Coachella. Best festival lineup I've ever seen, thank you GV for stacking a ticket so hardcore. I'm not going to talk about the cons, there were a few, but overall I was impressed.

I brought my recently purchased Zoom Q3 with me and recored about 20 hours of high quality audio. I have complete or nearly complete sets from :

Perry Ferrel
Yeasayer

Porcupine Tree
Portugal
Old Crow
Edward Sharp
Bassnectar
FNM
Muse
2manyDJ's

Owen Pallet
Glitch Mob
Club 75
Jonsi
Orbital
Thom Yorke

I'm gonna edit them up a bit and post it all on my Youtube Channel if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/grannock

Also, side note, if anyone has any really nice video quality of one of these sets but poor audio, let me know! Maybe we can mash something together.

I have decent quality video of most of Orbital, and I'm already planning on putting together some other stuff. I'd love to get Orbital, and some of your other audio.

climbon321
04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I would absolutely love to hear the Porcupine Tree set! They absolutely killed it. No one should be able to rock that hard while barefoot and in sweatpants.

<3Tea
04-20-2010, 05:43 PM
i would love to here Bassnectar again. that was my acid come up. shit got crazyyyyyyy

jockeyfullofbourbon
04-20-2010, 11:46 PM
i videotaped all of pavement and am going to download the pro shot fnm set on dimeadozen.

JustSteve
04-21-2010, 08:45 AM

you have high quality audio and you're going to put it on youtube??? :nono

aphrael
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM

Perry Ferrel
Yeasayer

Porcupine Tree
Portugal
Old Crow
Edward Sharp
Bassnectar
FNM
Muse
2manyDJ's

Owen Pallet
Glitch Mob
Club 75
Jonsi
Orbital
Thom Yorke

Hi Grannock, if they're just audio, could you provide them via some mechanism other than Youtube? Youtube doesn't allow general downloads.

Megaupload would work. Alternately, if you can get it converted to FLAC and get a copy to me (or various other members of the board), we can get it on dimeadozen or tradersden for you.

CellarOwl
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I would kill for a soundboard recording of Gil Scott-Heron. Legendary performance. That was pure soul, right from the first note.

eskamo951
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Grannock, if they're just audio, could you provide them via some mechanism other than Youtube? Youtube doesn't allow general downloads.

Megaupload would work. Alternately, if you can get it converted to FLAC and get a copy to me (or various other members of the board), we can get it on dimeadozen or tradersden for you.

Yeah, this would be much better than youtube. Plus you don't really have as large of a risk of the "videos" being pulled down for a violation of the terms of service, or copyright laws, or whatever it is artists/labels/whoever use to pull music off of youtube

grannock
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM

They are not just audio, shity vids are included =)

I could have actually got nice vids if I was up front, but as you can see, I was booking it everywhere and I didn't feel like flattening everyone to get up front.

Once I edit stuff down (pain in the ass) I'll try to upload the audio files somewhere else so everyone can D/L.

I'm new to all of this stuff, so it's taking me a little while to sort it all out. I also have a pretty busy life now that I'm back.