PDA

View Full Version : Local Natives > The Soft Pack

shermanoaksyo
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Also, go Dodgers

theripped
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't see how you can possibly compare those two. Plus they weren't even playing at the same time.

PassiveTheory
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Well, you could if you made the same move I did and went from seeing the Soft Pack, whose lead singer gave a performance that not even 'phoning it in' could describe well enough, to seeing Local Natives who were amped as fuck to be playing Coachella. But that's just me.

aaaaimee
04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
local natives were fucking awesome!!!!!!

shermanoaksyo
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't see how you can possibly compare those two. Plus they weren't even playing at the same time.

They are both SoCal rock bands populated by younger bros. One of them is from Los Angeles and was awesome, the other is from San Diego and was boring. Passive has it right: they were lame and flat. Particularly given that I had to start whipping my crew's asses early to get them to the fields in time.

Ergo, we can conclude that Los Angeles > San Diego.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't know...I was behind PT at Soft Pack and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit.

Local Natives wa quite good too.

ghettosteez
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
... maybe I just haven't given The Soft Pack enough of a chance, but I liked The Muslims better. Their EP was awesome and I don't like the new album as much that they released as The Soft Pack. I saw them playing two years ago (?) as The Muslims at Street Scene and they were very good.
Anyways Local Natives were fucking awesommmeeeeee.

SomeGuyInNM
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't like comparing bands as bands, they are both great bands, love their albums...
but performance wise Local Natives were Amazing/Lively and the Soft Pack were Boring/Lifeless.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Go Dodgers!

PassiveTheory
04-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't know...I was behind PT at Soft Pack and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit.

I figure that since I spent nearly four hundred dollars in all on this trip that, even if the lead singer is going to perform as if he was forced into playing Coachella, I would do my best to enjoy myself.

Everyone else in the band looked like they we're having a good time, but man the singer ruined it for me in retrospect.

CiderMouseRules
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I saw the Muslims once at an art gallery and they were great. I saw the Soft Pack at the Fonda and they were great. I've seen Local Natives about five times in LA bars and clubs, and they're always great.

I missed both at Coachella due to complications, but I'm sure they were both great.

kneuller
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Go Dodgers! Go Local Natives!

Neighborhood Creep
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f22/Jeffkoenen/Coachella2010226.jpg