PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Sets You Didn't See That Others Can Answer

TallGuyCM
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Post your questions here that you have about sets you weren't able to catch, that hopefully someone helpful who did catch the set can answer.

I have a few -

Did Beck come out and play with Charlotte Gainsbourg?

What happened with Gary Numan? There were rumors that Trent Reznor might join him onstage, and then I thought I heard something about how he might cancel. Anyone?

luckyface
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
How was Steve Porter? I was too busy being stuck in four hours worth of lines to catch his set. Did he do Press Hop?

And Chris, Numan canceled because of the volcano.

frazzles
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I believe Gary Numan canceled due to that fucking volcano

stinkbutt
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I was only there for the first half of Charlotte Gainsbourg then came back for the last song and didn't see Beck.

GaragePoet
04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Beck did not show up, but i wasn't disappointed by that super hot guitarist, either...

rage patton
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Who was that guy who came out and played acoustic guitar for Superfast Jelly fish and sang the chorus instead of Damon?

Vic Viper
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
did someone go on during numan's time slot? a friend of mine said she was on her way to see orbital (who had started) and there was somebody playing in the mojave.

stinkbutt
04-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Since I remember people arguing about it; what time did Jay-Z start at?

rage patton
04-20-2010, 11:16 AM
did someone go on during numan's time slot? a friend of mine said she was on her way to see orbital (who had started) and there was somebody playing in the mojave.

Yann Tiersen was moved in Gary Numans spot.

Hicks
04-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Yann Tiersen did.

guedita
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
When James Murphy, Pat Mahoney, and Nancy Whang were on stage with Gossip, who were the other two singers? The guy in the yellow outfit?

PassiveTheory
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Who was that guy who came out and played acoustic guitar for Superfast Jelly fish and sang the chorus instead of Damon?

That was Gruff rhys of Super Furry Animals who sings it on the original track. I hate that the camera never went on him, such bullshit.

ecapataz
04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Did Céu finish their set before Jay-Z even started?

dorkfish
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
How was Steve Porter? I was too busy being stuck in four hours worth of lines to catch his set. Did he do Press Hop?
Watchable, but far from being good. I think he did Press Hop, but I was in the Rose Garden overhearing most of their set. I know there was an 8 minute Slap Chop remix that looped a line about "grating cheese" or something for the first good third of it.

ecapataz
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
What did John Waters do?

superfiction
04-20-2010, 12:02 PM

shame on you for not knowing this josh

superfiction
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
also did anyone see the big pink? did they talk about how everyone was stupid for seeing thom yorke instead of them?

Hicks
What did John Waters do?

Talked about his movies and told jokes, it was pretty funny actually.

Hicks
That was Gruff rhys of Super Furry Animals who sings it on the original track. I hate that the camera never went on him, such bullshit.

Wow, that totally is, I thought it was yet another canned track.

PrettyRagdoll
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
How were the Band of Skulls?

Jman4321
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm going to contextualize this so I don't get eaten alive. I missed Fever Ray, but have seen them, so I'm not a complete heretic.

That being said, did they do the Nick Cave cover?

TROOP! Agent Kevin
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Band of Skulls were good!
Strong solid tight rock show.
I only owned a few tracks...but I'm gonna be ownin' more...

Hey, was Faith No More the only band Danny Devito danced across stage for?
I was wondering if that would be a running gag.

Pixiessp
04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I didn't get to see Matt and Kim. How were they?

weeklymix
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Pretty sure it was Gruff Rhys. He sings the chorus with Damon on the track on album and contributed a bit instrumentally.

http://www.artfront.com/images/MusicPix/GreenMan/IoloGruffRhys2.jpg

pancakespancakes
04-20-2010, 12:35 PM
also did anyone see the big pink? did they talk about how everyone was stupid for seeing thom yorke instead of them?

I walked past their set 2 or 3 times, and they had a massive crowd, spilled outside of the Mojave. Not really an answer to your question, but just for the record, a pretty surprisingly large amount of people came over to see them despite the schedule conflicts.

fatbastard
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Beck did not show up, but i wasn't disappointed by that super hot guitarist, either...

I'm almost positive her name is Nicole. She was melting me as well.

Jman4321
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Also, considering I could only hear thom yorke and not see hem directly, between him and Flea, who had the better dance moves?

What I heard destroyed me, by the way.

thefrush
04-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Did Corinne Bailey Rae play Since I've Been Loving You?

zikade
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
How were the Band of Skulls?

Really great. One of my favorite sets of the weekend. Russell mumbled into the mike a lot and said that he wanted to keep the atmosphere "British" or something to that effect.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I walked past their set 2 or 3 times, and they had a massive crowd, spilled outside of the Mojave. Not really an answer to your question, but just for the record, a pretty surprisingly large amount of people came over to see them despite the schedule conflicts.

Really when I walked past them on my way to Plastikman it din't seem really full to me. (at least compared to how packed it was during other sets)

unknown
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm going to contextualize this so I don't get eaten alive. I missed Fever Ray, but have seen them, so I'm not a complete heretic.

That being said, did they do the Nick Cave cover?

Yes, Fever Ray performed both of the covers they performed on their tour as well as a cover of Peter Gabriel's Mercy Street.

WhyTheLongFace
04-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Since I remember people arguing about it; what time did Jay-Z start at?

At 11 a 10 Minute countdown appeared. So 11:10

sbessiso
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
thank god BECK wasnt there....

Astrid
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Also, considering I could only hear thom yorke and not see hem directly, between him and Flea, who had the better dance moves?

What I heard destroyed me, by the way.

flea was mostly just fucking his bass the whole time, which was delightful. thom has the most endearing moves of any performer ive ever seen. the highlight was when they were across stage air humping towards each other. brilliant.

TallGuyCM
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
flea was mostly just fucking his bass the whole time, which was delightful. thom has the most endearing moves of any performer ive ever seen. the highlight was when they were across stage air humping towards each other. brilliant.

And besides, doesn't Flea have a broken foot or something?