PDA

View Full Version : Women Vs Men about Music

canexplain
03-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Maybe I am just bored at work already and feel like getting flamed but …. And I didn’t want to make this a poll because polls, well ….. the question is, Do you think that guys are much more into music then girls? I know a lot of women that like music, and the early years it is more the case, but as women get older, they get into something else (life?) … if you check out how many more guys are at a show then gals I think you will agree … the Lilith festival was the exception but then think of what that is saying (a whole other topic) … and the harder the music, the more it seems that way .. look at Vans Warp or Ozz fest .. think of some of the best guitar players in rock history …. Sure some women play a mean ax, but for every one, I can name 10 men ….. we say “Hendrix and Clapton are gods on guitars” not “boy that Mary Olson kicks out major jams” … so is it the cliché that boys never grow up and women are more into life and its draw, who knows, but when I come home from work I like to crank up the stereo and my SO wants to watch Opra .. if PF could look at this board and find out how many are women and how many are men, what would be the percentage of women vs men? …another example of what I am asking ….so what does the board think? Cr*****

TomAz
03-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Men are better at music, earning a living, and making an important decision.

Women are better at cooking, cleaning, and having babies.

Hannahrain
03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
TomAz, you forgot sewing and gossiping. And getting suckered into buying things.

york707
03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Duh.

vicorintian
03-01-2007, 07:14 AM
mmmm perhaps the problem is the type of music each gender is must attracted to. i´ve seen a 10 to 1 women to men ratio at concerts were the headliner is a goodlooking or at least charismatic singer. Now let´s say U2 o Coldplay have a 50/50 ratio.
so i guess the type of concert affects waht we see. on the other hand, men are more interested in knowing things about the songs and the bands. Women i think, are more interested in Feeling the music!

Hannahrain
03-01-2007, 07:17 AM
men are more interested in knowing things about the songs and the bands. Women i think, are more interested in Feeling the music!

YEAH. generalizations are HOT.

canexplain
03-01-2007, 07:26 AM
mmmm perhaps the problem is the type of music each gender is must attracted to. i´ve seen a 10 to 1 women to men ratio at concerts were the headliner is a goodlooking or at least charismatic singer. Now let´s say U2 o Coldplay have a 50/50 ratio.
so i guess the type of concert affects waht we see. on the other hand, men are more interested in knowing things about the songs and the bands. Women i think, are more interested in Feeling the music!

you make a good point there i think ... at a John Mayer show there might be more women, someone like that .... Tomaz, you are always pushing buttons lol ...ron *****

TomAz
03-01-2007, 07:36 AM
I thought that's what buttons were for!

summerkid
03-01-2007, 07:41 AM
why do girls always play bass that's what i can't figure out???

TomAz
03-01-2007, 07:44 AM
because size matters.

adamnikyo
03-01-2007, 08:23 AM
women like music more than i do.

jackstraw94086
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
why do girls always play bass that's what i can't figure out???

because it's not as hard to play as the other instruments

Hannahrain
03-01-2007, 09:01 AM
because it's not as hard to play as the other instruments

actually, it's so that we don't break a nail.

PotVsKtl
03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Jack is correct. Most of the time women get convinced to learn bass by men who want a woman in their band. Ever heard of a virtuoso female bassist?

Hannahrain
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
not to mention all the other instruments make our butts look big.

amyzzz
03-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Men are better at music, earning a living, and making an important decision.

Women are better at cooking, cleaning, and having babies.
I'm good at having babies and making money (in my family). That's about it I think. Oh, I'm better at singing than my husband, but he can play guitar.

As far as music/concert-going goes, I'm much more into it than my husband. I dragged him to the 04 and 05 coachella's on pain of death, but now he's gotten more into the experience (and mind-altering substances), so he has fun too.

We're a bit of an anomaly as a couple, since he was a stay-at-home husband for 3 years, and yeah, I was always more into music and concert-going.

jackstraw94086
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/4074/2270/320/466627/Teenar_Lou.jpg

wmgaretjax
03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
the bass is such a worthless instrument. yeah, i fucking said it.

canexplain
03-01-2007, 09:29 AM
brb, geez those poor kids at colombine hs here in denver ... a bomb threat .. i hate idiots of all sorts but gun loving, bomb holding, grrrrrrrrrrrr ... forget it ... colorado ron ****

TomAz
03-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Those kids are in need of a firm spanking, Ron, and I believe you're just the man for the job.

bmb555
03-01-2007, 09:45 AM
ive noticed that my girl friends that are into music are way less interested in knowing what record label or what artist tracks are from, they arnt so much interested in what tracks are real popular or real underground. They just like whatever they like and arnt as snobby about their music as guys.

Good Days Last
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
If Otep is any clue to what women now about music...

seriously. Go listen to them on youtube right now.

canexplain
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
amyzzz, we need more gals like you ... it isnt "most" women dont like tunes etc, but not like us guys do ... my SO since i have been dating her is trying to catch up with my cd collection, but ha ha she never will .. she might be up to 1,000 now but i have maybe 3k plus ... she also only went to one concert before she met me, and now in the last 5 years, i would say i took her to 300-400 shows ... only thing that bugs me now is, when i went by myself, i would usually go on the steet the day of the show, and most of the time, get them for half face value ... and i didnt have to go out and eat before the show either lol ..... ps, the **** means nothing, cept like .... means a continuation or stream of thought, **** means done *****