PDA

View Full Version : Dide Wale ever show?

Royce_Gracie
04-20-2010, 09:40 AM
He was 30 minutes late and at that point I just said eff it and went to watch Sleigh Bells.

bustedbusted
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
yea best 10 min show at coachella

Mr.Dolo
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
He showed up for like 6 songs and left. I went to the same show after Sleigh Bells was on point until that girl started doing weird ass scream.

DopeMatic3002
04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Luckily he showed right as we got out of that horrendously long and hot line to get wristbands/inside. His 10 minute set was tight, I think he knew he had to save face and get crazy in the crowd. Great start to a great weekend. W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. was the tits.

LyricsForTheMind
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
he played 2 songs, then played some other song that he didnt perform because he was tired from running around inbetween the crowd trying to hype them. the crowd was booing for a good 15 minutes while waiting for him to show, i disagree with DopeMatic3002.....i thought it was a horrible start to an otherwise amazingly unforgettable weekend.

PrettyRagdoll
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I was, and still am to a degree, so PISSED by him! I left Deer Tick early because I wanted to be close for Wale. I had already planned to leave HIS set early so I could be close for Sleigh Bells. And let me preface this, I've been a fan of Wale since his first mixtape. And he just doesn't show? I waited 30 minutes and left. As far as I'm concerned that was a slap in the face, and I don't buy for a moment that the fault was with the mics. I mean come ON! He was to be the first person on the main stage! That was just bullshit. Now I can't even really even enjoy his music without getting pissed.

The only good thing about that situation was that Sleigh Bells absolutely KILLED! I was right on the rail on the left and Alexis kept coming to RIGHT in front of my group and basically pointing and singing at us. Making eye contact and posing, it was awesome

Giannid6
04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
We left Deer Tick early (not really too upset about that) to see Wale just like someone else said. I was so hyped, not so much on Wale but on Coachella, so waiting for him was the longest 30 minutes+ of my life.

Then he played like two and a half songs, a clusterfuck of that song that goes My name Wale and I came to get it and some like, Kings of Leon song. And then they started to play their last song and Wale told his DJ to speed up the tempo 2x and called it a remix.

http://biobreak.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/facepalm.jpg

Mr. Porter
04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
He made the most out of his time...which is not much in reality