PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About How WRONG everything was at Coachella this year . . .

chicapeligrosa
04-19-2010, 10:05 PM
what happened Goldenvoice? did you get too greedy?
why oversell tickets by 10,000 more people?
so you can't watch a single one of the bands we came out to see?
i should of just stayed in my car and listend to them on my CD player.
might have as well, seeing that you kept me in LOT 7 for THREE EFFING HOURS before you let us leave the fields.
or wait, maybe i should of brought my iPod with me for that THREE HOUR walk you had me do to get to LOT 1.
what is wrong with you people?
after a decade of producing an event at the SAME exact venue, you still don't have the parking thing figured out?
come on PRODUCTION PEOPLE!!!
or wait, maybe it's because you hired the neighborhood thugs to do this job so you can once again pinch your pennies.
they were RUDE and disgusting.
absolutely NO MANNERS at all.
how 'bout 6 huge effin' gangster so called "security" that had to BODY BLOCK the 5'2 girl trying to get to her car that had the "ELEVEN" wristband.
do you even know what that wristband is?
it's for the Empire Polo Fields family and friends.
you guys treated her like an ASSHOLE. i heard you guys yelling at her.
shape up Goldenvoice.
this 3 day festival used to RULE. you could go and watch your favorite bands and have a good time while the sun was setting behind you by the palm trees.
now, it's just a HUGE CANDY RAVE.
you know how many 13 year olds i saw with blinky pacifiers and blinky rings with their eyes rolling back in their heads i saw "rave" dancing to Thom Yorke?
really?

shape it up.
i believe in you.
bring the integrity of Coachella back.
i used to have fun.
now i've left with a bad taste in my mouth.
you've certainly found a way to ruin what used to be my favorite festival.

hope you get it together.
hire some real industry crew people.
you're 2 hrs away from Los Angeles.
it's not that hard.
you're security and crew were horrible.
made the festival seem dirty . . . besides the 1000's of plastic bottles and trash i saw everywhere.

disenchanted,
chicapeligrosa

aaaaimee
04-19-2010, 10:13 PM
well fucking said!

wstsidela
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Coachella doesn't respect the us. They figure we'll put up with anything so, fuck it, why try? Very sad. A piece of me died this weekend.

wstsidela
04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
GV is going to lose a lot of loyal annual ticketbuyers unless they pull some ridiculous shit like bowie next year

hopefully they use 2010's high prices, ridiculous capacity, and what seemed to be a largely unspent budget on making 2011 absolutely fucking insane.

Too funny. I was thinking the same thing. Bowie/Blur 2011. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be back.

aaaaimee
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Too funny. I was thinking the same thing. Bowie/Blur 2011. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be back.

ah! ahaha! i just got done saying that to my friend a while ago! that the only way i will come back is if bowie plays.

aaaaimee
04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
GV is going to lose a lot of loyal annual ticketbuyers unless they pull some ridiculous shit like bowie next year

hopefully they use 2010's high prices, ridiculous capacity, and what seemed to be a largely unspent budget on making 2011 absolutely fucking insane.

they really are. my mom has been going since 99 and i've been since 04 myself. we go every year, but after this coachella we're so disappointed we don't want to go back.

after the first security check while everyone crowded instead of forming lines i was wtf'd but wasn't mind fucked until i walked by the posters and saw the sea of people.

and walking to the entrance there was another security check. what could people have possibly got their hands on from one check point to the other. i understand the camping grounds have to go through the first security check, but i feel like they made us waste our time by going through the first. also, on day 1 i didn't understand why there weren't separate lines for wristbands and tickets (solved day 2)

westash
04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
did anyone happen to see those two guys get RUN OVER by some fucking cart near the general store near car camping?

wtf happened??

Strange
04-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Just got home, and i'm SO glad i'm not the only one pissed off!
Ok, first of all, i left Wednesday night at 11 from Sacramento to be there early Thurs. Got to Indio and was on the field by 8:45. Yeah, i know it wasn't supposed to open till noon, but they always say that or 11 or whatever then open up the line early. After showing up at 6:00 on Thursday my first year (super fail) i like to get there early. It was 1:45? 2:00? when they finally started searching cars. I was with a group of 10 ppl with 3 car's, but we only got one camping pass before they sold out (yeah, super fail again lol). So 2 of the car's had to park in the "companion" parking lot. Instead of walking with all the stuff from the 2 car's we packed it all in my car. When it was my turn for the search, the Volunteer opened up my car, looked at it packed to the roof with stuff, asked "you have any glass?" then when i said no, she closed the door. WTF?!?!?! ok, yes I'm glad my party favors didn't get found, but i never objected to the search because i was glad to know i wouldn't get shot/stabbed in there. When you mix that many people and that much booze/drugs things can get crazy. 07 for example. I could have had any fucking thing in the world in that car and done any fucking thing i wanted to with it. What a waste of time! They make us sit around for hours to get "searched" and they don't even do a half-assed job?
After the "search" they put the X on my car, cool. Then they put a 4 on the other 2 car's in my group. i drive to the spot and start unloading. It being the first year of car camping, i didn't think much of it when we were waved to a different place then where Tent camping was. Later i find out i got put in the bastard child lot away from the main campground with all the art in it, and at least twice the walk from venue that the old camping was. The lines here were completely fucked, there were no lines separating the camp sites. other years it was very clear where you cap was, where the line was. This year they only had lines going one way, going vertical up the field. 60 foot blocks, a line down the middle to make it 2 30 bars, and that was it. No fire lines going side to side, so when i had to piss i had to walk allll the way down the line and around to the shitters one row away from me. There were no lines cutting off the 10 foot blocks to make your 10x30 space, and the way they made me (and everyone else) park took much more room then i was planning. my car had maybe 2 feet of room on each side between it and the other car's, and from the back of the car the line for the supposed 30 feet was barley 15 away. With the size of the space and the amount of gear we had, we were completely fucked! Until, thank GOD, the people of Coachella, not the staff, saved us. The people to both sides for like 4 car's moved down some, and we ended up using my shade as a kick it space for all of us, and setting up the tents/tarps to shade the area (Thank you again Omaha, Texas, and Denmark, you made our Coachella possible!)
An hour after i started unloading the rest of my group walk up with horror stories of driving round and round, from one yellow shirt fuck to another, from one lot to another. They ended up parked in the lot where the volunteers were camping/parked. When they asked a blue shirt if the cars were ok all weekend she said "yeah, your car will be perfectly fine........unless it get's towed." They finally just gave up and said fuck it, and I'm guessing only the ineptness of the staff this year kept it there in the wrong lot all weekend.
At this point I'm slightly pissed, but i know this is all new, and i expected some clusterfuckage. Then Friday came, and the first "search". I had my pockets empty and bag open (and goodies storied safely) when i got the the yellow shirt. He looked at my bag, looked at my pockets, and said "your good". didn't move the towel, didn't pat me down, didn't look in my cig pack, didn't look in the small zipper of my bag. So, again, since i could have brought anything in my car, i just brought anything i wanted to in to the show. By Saturday afternoon i didn't even bother stashing the weed in hiding places, just had the bag in the small zipper of my backpack. I used the crap out of the in's and out's so i went thru that booth over 10 times all weekend, was patted down 4 times, and never once was my bag touched, unless you count my ball-bag. one of the guy's when he patted me down followed up with the nut lift. 4 fingers under my junk and flop. I don't get why the lines were so goddamn long if they were doing that kind of job.
But the REAL fucking problem, like everyone is talking about, too many goddamn people! I've never been walked on like that at Coachella. Yeah, some guy may be really fucked up and step on you, but 90% of the time he'll slur "oh man i'm sorry" or something to that effect. This year people would just step on my feet and kick my back trying to sit, let alone lay, just about anywhere. It just seemed like there were more rude people there and less of the community of people that made Coachella great. Like i said earlier the Campers were all great, at least off in my bastard lot, but the people at the Show were assholes. if next year's this bad I'll have to think about another festival to hit, and that sucks because Coachella is so close.
I know there's more but I'm tired as shit.

wstsidela
04-20-2010, 02:08 AM
I saw some dosed-out fuckhead run full speed into a 13yo kid during Gorillaz. Totally clocked the poor thing.

We were standing right next to the kid too. I would have killed him with my bare hands if he had hit my nephew.

bebop
04-20-2010, 02:31 AM
did anyone happen to see those two guys get RUN OVER by some fucking cart near the general store near car camping?

wtf happened??

I did. Didn't look good at all. One broke his leg and the other was possibly a broken back or neck.

Rosemont17
04-20-2010, 06:57 AM
this was my 4th year going and there were some good improvements but alot of clusterfucks this year... it was extremely crowded this year but hey, its a festival so you live with it.....

my biggest complaint is why in the hell do you have gobi, mojave, and sahara tents and block off some of the holes in the tents!?!?! i dont wanna hear about noise bleed and other excuses....

they did not expand the tents so what is used to holding people in a 60,000 festival now has to hold people from a 75,000 festival... ok then expand the tents or at the least open up the holes in the tents so people can expand that way....

all the tents only had 1 ot 2 holes open on each side so everyone is trying to sneak a peek and it pushed people further and further back. which in turn made it more uncomfortable and tougher to move around....

im ok with being in the back if i dont show up early, but they could of made it more enjoyable by opening up those holes....

choprite
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
yeah, hipster tweens in american apparel left and right.
literally doing glowstick dances during pavement. godawful.
lmao. literally lmao at this post

*SURREAL*
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
i definately have to complain about the ASSHOLE , lazy , thug , security .
first day there , getting checked in i noticed those fucks walking around bossing people arond , throwing peoples shit on the ground , just flat out being dicks ! then when i got into camp i wittensed a drug deal go down between a fest goer and one of the security , i wanted so bad to report his ass ! ( nothing against drugs , just the fact that it was security buying it ) .
and now onto the hipsters . you young rude hipsters need to stick to your raves in warehouses . stop doing light shows to music like Pavement ( WTF !!! )
and finally , people can be real discusting . CLEAN YOUR SHIT UP . i never seen the fields so destroyed and filthy after leaveing camp as i did this year . as my camp left late monday morning there was a cart of workers pulling up , and seen our spots , asked us if we had a good time , and said thankyou for cleaning our camp . that alone was a good feeling .

Strange
04-20-2010, 11:20 AM
i definately have to complain about the ASSHOLE , lazy , thug , security .
first day there , getting checked in i noticed those fucks walking around bossing people arond , throwing peoples shit on the ground , just flat out being dicks ! then when i got into camp i wittensed a drug deal go down between a fest goer and one of the security , i wanted so bad to report his ass ! ( nothing against drugs , just the fact that it was security buying it ) .
and now onto the hipsters . you young rude hipsters need to stick to your raves in warehouses . stop doing light shows to music like Pavement ( WTF !!! )
and finally , people can be real discusting . CLEAN YOUR SHIT UP . i never seen the fields so destroyed and filthy after leaveing camp as i did this year . as my camp left late monday morning there was a cart of workers pulling up , and seen our spots , asked us if we had a good time , and said thankyou for cleaning our camp . that alone was a good feeling .
Were you in the Main campground? The Forum lot (where they stuck some of us car-campers) was pretty good when i was on my way out. worst i saw was 2 tents stacked by the garbage cans lol. guess they didn't wanna pack them home?

*SURREAL*
04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Were you in the Main campground? The Forum lot (where they stuck some of us car-campers) was pretty good when i was on my way out. worst i saw was 2 tents stacked by the garbage cans lol. guess they didn't wanna pack them home?

yeah , my camp got stuck in the forum lot i guess its called . it was over by the safari tents . sucked because we got in line to be checked in hella early . i thought we would be over closer to the entrance . wouldve been nice to know that getting there early doesnt make a diffrence . other years it worked that way

Strange
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
US TOO! omfg! that pissed me off so goddamn bad! not only was it a longer walk to camp, it was down a dirt road, muddy most of the day, and we had to go thru the main checkpoint! other years normal non-campers went in one entrance, we all went in another. Huh i didn't really see all the trash but i wasn't really paying attention at that point, was all ready in 500 mile road trip mind set.

Strange
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
after my year 1 i got there by 8-9 in the morning every year, this year getting there early meant nothing. fucking gay.

COACHILLA
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
4th year at the fest

1. Too many fuckin ppl for starters, maybe 10,000 less could help in the cluster fuks in every direction at the fest

2. Too many young, pacifier sucking fags pushing there way up to the front like its there right or something. Is it hard to understand that if you wanna be in the front badly you should show up early.

3. Leaving the parking lot took us 2 hours and thats just retarded, maybe it wouldnt be a big deal if the shit was organized but it was basicly a free for all when everyone had to exit the parking lot.

I know GV cant keep the young ravers out but fuck those annoying kids know how to ruin the festival for me... and they cant even handle there drugs half the time

LabelMeHere
04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
security were huge assholes this year. i was walking in and saw these two people messing around horse playing by the parking lots, nothing major when security comes up and breaks it up. not only that but then demands them to give him their bracelets. they refused and finally he forcefully ripped them off the people. they had no sunday at coachella. my brothers wristband broke as well and when he tried walking in telling them what happen. they didnt believe him and took his wristband and told him to leave and come back with a ticket stub. He came back with his ticket and security had already thrown away the band. so they sent him to the box office where they said "if you bring the order #, the card used to purchase it, your id, and a reticket #, then we can give you another wristband" so he called up ticket master and the lady seemed surprised when he came back with all the information. and still refused him his wristband back.

grannock
04-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I thought it was fucking awesome. Best festival I've ever been too. Seriously, strings of 8 must-see acts per day! Also, security was great, they didn't care about weed, they didn't search your car, and they didn't pat you down going in. I didn't see or hear about anyone getting hassled at all.

My only real issue the entire time was the bleed from the dolab, mainstage, outdoor triangle. Thats not really something that would be so easy to fix, so ohhh well, all the artists I saw were able to overcome it.

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
According to Mike Marlow of the Riverside Fire Department, 84 people have been transported from Coachella to the hospital this year. That includes drug overdoses, a broken neck, a private security officer who fell off his horse and a naked man under the influence of “unknown substances” who smashed out the windows of parked cars with his head before he was tasered by police.

higgybaby23
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
^Sig worthy.

Also: Is 84 people an increase or decrease from previous years?

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2010, 10:44 AM
^^

fixed

foxydj
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
right

toilets (clean most of the time ,well done gv)
in's and out's
general store and rollerskating area
farmers market(awesome should be there every year)
set times (i saw 4 full sets each day of bands i wanted to see,thanks gv)

wrongs
showers(what the fuck were you thinkin ,6 showers for 30,000+)
rubbish(free water discouraged ,picking up of bottles ,saturday was covered in plastic)
to many people (cluster fuck around gobi)

jamesc2929
04-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Get use to it...
Goldenvoice or whatever conglomerate own Coachella is NOT going to lower the attendance or cost; both of these will go up again next year. It is obvious that they don't care, or they wouldn't have treated us as they did for 5, 7, 10 years worth of loyalty. It was a shame on all levels, and all i wanted the tweeked out little urchins to do was piss off.
One of the best weeks of the year has been ruined.

ultraslow
04-26-2010, 11:36 PM
This was my 4th Coachella, and it was a disappointment, due to most of the reasons already cited above.

I'm probably not coming back next year.

darksideofkaos.
04-26-2010, 11:39 PM
a naked man under the influence of “unknown substances” who smashed out the windows of parked cars with his head before he was tasered by police.

ROFL...

Tupper
04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
The answer is simple charge 500 a ticket and cap it at 50k. Question is will it be 500 next year with 65k? Justify my faith GV.