PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT BUY TICKETS OFF CRAIGSLIST

quicksand
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
That should go without saying right? But there's still some people out there who feel the need to save $50 by purchasing from a completely unreliable source like Craigslist. SO MANY PEOPLE fell victim to fake tickets this year. There had to have been hundreds of people getting turned away at the door for having fakes. People coming from out of state and everything. Not worth risking if you ask me.

KevRus
04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Got my tickets on craigslist (had to), worked out fine.

You just have to be smart. It's not craigslist's fault if you're scammed.

thisdj
04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
if you're gonna buy tix off craigslist:

1. it has to be local

2. it has to be a hard ticket

Rats!
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM

1. it has to be local

That is how you get a fake ticket. The scammers have stolen Ticketmaster machines.

beergarden
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
i have bought tickets off craigslist every year for the last 4 years and never had a problem until this year. bought local, bought in person, and bought a hard ticket. when they finally scanned the ticket on saturday ( just walked in on friday) they said it had already been used...they still let me in.

ELECtROjan
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
a group of four guys in front of us at the car camping security check who had driven from Seattle unpacked their car for security only to be told that the 4 tickets and camping pass they had spent $1600 on were fake. They then proceeded to pack up all their shit from security and leave

bahahahahahahahaha

onelove
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Did anyone else get scammed on Craigslist by a guy named Edgar who was selling VIP All Access Empire passes? He drove a silver truck and his number was 760-601-6506. My friend spent $1000 and was able to get in but the wristbands were cut off. The security guard said he had cut off at least 30 of those same wristbands Friday night. If you got scammed too please send and email to Alex @ bluedaddy2@yahoo.com He is planning to work with the police to catch this loser!

tigermilkboy
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM

1. it has to be local

The problem with hard tickets is they can be canceled by the original purchaser and new tickets be issued ie. if the original tickets were lost in post. Also it is not difficult to print a fake ticket.
Only buy from Ticketmaster or a verifiable ticket agency that guarantee's your ticket ie.Stubhub etc.

It is one thing buying a $30 ticket for a local event from someone off Craig's, but Coachella tickets are just too expensive to mess around with. I'd always pay $300 for a real ticket from Ticketmaster, than $250 for a maybe.

syrinx32123
04-21-2010, 01:32 PM
I sold my ticket on craigslist and it was legit. I would never have the heart to rip someone off like that. But on the other hand, I boought one of those "all access empire passes" and it turned out to be fake. But I still managed to get in all three days

zonarob
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Did anyone else get scammed on Craigslist by a guy named Edgar who was selling VIP All Access Empire passes? He drove a silver truck and his number was 760-601-6506. My friend spent $1000 and was able to get in but the wristbands were cut off. The security guard said he had cut off at least 30 of those same wristbands Friday night. If you got scammed too please send and email to Alex @ bluedaddy2@yahoo.com He is planning to work with the police to catch this loser!

I was told that the police caught this guy. He apparently had a whole box of these things. Security was on the fakes like stink on doody. Buyer beware!

long2691
04-21-2010, 09:12 PM
two of my friends had hard tickets they had bought from craigslist and comparing them with the hard ticket i got from ticketmaster it looked EXACTLY the same but when we got there it was scanned as invalid and they had it confiscated. so future buyers beware as a previous poster has already stated scammers have stolen ticketmaster machines and the only way to verify if they are real or not is at coachella, so it is definitely not worth the risk. buy early and avoid all problems