PDA

View Full Version : hey, dipshits with the green laser pointers!

thenoiboi
04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
you're a bunch of fucking dipshits. grow up.

seasponge
04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Thank you. I thought people were done with that after the 5th goddamn grade. It especially pissed me off when someone was hitting Paul Simonon with it.

indietron
04-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes. Thank you. I can't believe people are that immature

jagalleg
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Seriously.....1996 called....they want their laser pointers back.... I remember people doing shit like that with laser pointers when I saw everclear live, way back in mid school. Seriously, grow the fuck up...ass mongers.

BrettShipes
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2af995f1d2

thenoiboi
04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2af995f1d2

you forgot to add "video unrelated"

there's a huge difference between everyone having a laser pointer as part of the show and a few people using them to be annoying. seeing three lasers swirling around the screens on the main stage was a distraction, not a spectacle.

scole11
04-20-2010, 11:24 PM
you forgot to add "video unrelated"

there's a huge difference between everyone having a laser pointer as part of the show and a few people using them to be annoying. seeing three lasers swirling around the screens on the main stage was a distraction, not a spectacle.

This, and a big fuck you to the laser pointer-ers pointing them at the guys doing their JOB securing the lights for the Gorillaz set. Seriously, what the hell? Those guys are up super high making sure things are safe for everyone, and you shine your lasers at them? What is cool about that?

ryanliamg
04-20-2010, 11:37 PM
It especially pissed me off when someone was hitting Paul Simonon with it.

I didn't see this, but i could imagine any performer would be pissed, maybe enough to leave. that'd be a bummer.

After a song at gorillaz (can't remember which) there was a flock of birds (maybe like 10) that flew above the stage (from behind and to the right). someone was able to laser-point them. made me laugh and thought it was a cool ending to the song.

superfiction
04-20-2010, 11:40 PM
you're a bunch of fucking dipshits. grow up.

qft

CellarOwl
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
This was goddamn annoying. The worst part of Coachella wasn't the crowds, but the singular fucking idiots chewing their heads off with about enough laserpointers on them to give Robocop a full blown boner.

humanoid
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I literally slapped one out of a guy's hands because as we walked towards each other, he shined it directly into my eyes from about 15 feet away. Dick

emoltra
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Those green laser pointers are very powerful and can severely fuck someone's eyes up. They seriously need to take wristbands from anyone busted with one.

juloxx
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
After a song at gorillaz (can't remember which) there was a flock of birds (maybe like 10) that flew above the stage (from behind and to the right). someone was able to laser-point them. made me laugh and thought it was a cool ending to the song.

That would be me

Moonshine
04-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I didn't see this, but i could imagine any performer would be pissed, maybe enough to leave. that'd be a bummer.

Yeah!!
While watching Thom Yorke, there was ONE bird flying far overhead, and I was looking at it, just happy imagining how it was viewing everything down below, and then I see it start glowing green, and I was like,
"Wait...what?! o 0 o"
Then the bird started twirling downward, and then I guess it regained sight and flew away.

That was the only moment where I thought, "Wow...they must have really good aim!"
But that thought was quickly shoved out of the way by, "Wow, the douchery..."

Too many musician faces live, and on the screen were annoyingly splintered by green lights. ::sigh::

Immature bastards.

lindysindie
04-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Some stupid fuck had one in 09 and he seemed to be everywhere I was. I finally found him during EDC and got some huge guy to go over and ask him to stop. He told me he was "making the show better".
I would like to officially request the approval of GV to beat the living hell out of anyone with a laser pointer at Coachella.

instinct
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Those green laser pointers are very powerful and can severely fuck someone's eyes up. They seriously need to take wristbands from anyone busted with one.

This is very true. I think 99% of people with them do not understand how serious this is.

elChurro
05-08-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/500/sharks_w_laser_beams.JPG

gaypalmsprings
05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
There was a dipshit at The Fox last night in the balcony pointing a laser right at people on the floor. Why do venues allow this? And don't people know you can blind someone with lasers?

Devin the Dude
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
My friend has this lazer that goes like 212048572896529566587265 feet into the air. Pretty sweet.

gaypalmsprings
05-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Police make pointed arrest after laser blinds helicopter
The Desert Sun - Palm Springs, Calif.
Date: Jun 4, 2009

Man charged with shining laser pointer at police copter
The Desert Sun - Palm Springs, Calif.
Date: Jan 13, 2010

alisonnn
05-08-2010, 03:16 PM
This, and a big fuck you to the laser pointer-ers pointing them at the guys doing their JOB securing the lights for the Gorillaz set. Seriously, what the hell? Those guys are up super high making sure things are safe for everyone, and you shine your lasers at them? What is cool about that?

I noticed that! it was super distracting too

meowlouder
05-08-2010, 03:39 PM
i keep trying to think of logical reasons why anyone would do this but... there are none... assholes.

DJdharma
05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I know a guy in Bakersfield who pointed a little key-chain laser pointer at the police helicopter. The next day the FBI came to his house and fucking trashed the place looking for the pointer. He and his GF were both arrested and charged with domestic terrorism. The chopper pilot also sued them for claimed damage to his eyes. They were sentenced to 3 HARD YEARS IN FEDERAL PRISON. This guys life is now fucked up.

alisonnn
05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
solution
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O50ir9Uq3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O50ir9Uq3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OnlyNonStranger
05-09-2010, 12:33 AM
I know a guy in Bakersfield who pointed a little key-chain laser pointer at the police helicopter. The next day the FBI came to his house and fucking trashed the place looking for the pointer. He and his GF were both arrested and charged with domestic terrorism. The chopper pilot also sued them for claimed damage to his eyes. They were sentenced to 3 HARD YEARS IN FEDERAL PRISON. This guys life is now fucked up.

This sounds like a whole lot of bullshit to me.

gaypalmsprings
05-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Teen Arrested for Shining Laser Pointer at Police Copter
BY TIM STEVENS — DEC 28TH 2007 AT 11:11AM

Lasers are complex, powerful, and potentially dangerous. As such, they are totally cool. Because of their cool factor they are popular, and lasers powerful enough to burn paper or blind people are now readily available for sale. This is causing problems and arrests for those who choose to point their new, finely focused toys in the wrong direction.

The most recent victim of pointing his laser in the wrong direction is a 15-year-old boy from California who was arrested after pointing his handheld laser at a police helicopter.

The kid, assumingly bored, pointed his Christmas present at anything that went by the window, including a commuter bus and a commercial aircraft coming in for a landing. But when he pointed it at a police helicopter, the men in blue did a little investigation, found the source, and arrested the kid. He was the third person arrested for the same offense that week in Orange County, CA alone. If convicted some may face upwards of 20 years in jail for the crime, though it's unclear whether they'll be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If you received a laser pointer for as a present this holiday season, be aware of where you point that thing lest you find yourself in jail.

sin213
05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
yeah, this happened in Phoenix just recently too. two cases where some kids were arrested...

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/03/phoenix_police_aircraft_target.php

on another note...i was standing right next to a group of people that started shouting "booo laser pointers!" during gorillaz. they are now a part of the gorillaz recording from coachella...

DJdharma
05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Here's mention of the story from airopscops.com:

"On the West coast, a Bakersfield (CA) couple was arrested for shining a laser light into the cockpit of a sheriff's helicopter. They face federal charges of interfering with the safe operation of a Kern County Sheriff's Department helicopter. Authorities said a green laser beam lit up the cockpit of the helicopter and disoriented the pilot. The couple faces the possibility of up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine."

They got 3 years in Club Fed and a $20,000 fine, plus the expense of their legal defense. His mother took a loan against her house to pay for his attorney. She's still paying.

OnlyNonStranger
05-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Live and learn I guess.

gaypalmsprings
05-09-2010, 10:09 AM
On November 2nd, 2009, Dana Christian Welch of Southern California was sentenced to 2.5 years in a federal prison after being found guilty of shining a hand held laser light into the eyes of two different pilots landing Boeing jets at John Wayne airport.

elChurro
05-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Mai kitteh luvz his lazors.

instinct
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Let me just say on the Coachella boards, I am the laser pointer expert.

lizng
05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
When are people going to understand that this is the only acceptable use of a laster pointer?

oj4fVoEbYUE

Josesativa
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM

ya i saw that too.. i was like wtf a green bird???
and the people shining lasers on the guys putting lights i thought it was funny.. its fucking coachella what do you expect people to sit and wait for 40 minutes sitting on their thumbs? i didnt mind the lasers they were cool before gorillaz but then i lost attention cause the gorillaz were too cool'

"super fast jelly fish going super fast you can;t really see him but you wanna eat him!"

donkey sex
05-10-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.gagworks.com/fullsize/fs_GW14889.jpg
http://www.gagworks.com/Images/ProductsImages/14139.jpg
http://www.gagworks.com/fullsize/fs_GW14920.jpg

thewoodenman
05-22-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.realhilarious.com/images/medium/squirting_pranks/squirt_lighter_MED.jpg