PDA

View Full Version : Major Lazer

blackantlers
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
I very much enjoyed this set.

Though I must admit that I went a bit crazy during the first half.

Sorry for my crowd surfing, especially to the girl I nearly knocked out.

WhyTheLongFace
04-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Mojave= The New Sahara.

Miike Snow, Major Lazer, La Roux, Gossip >>>>>Every act in the Sahara not named Orbital (maybe add Proxy too)

Cuddlesthesheep
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
^ remind me to never listen to anything you have to say again

blackantlers
04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Mojave= The New Sahara.

Miike Snow, Major Lazer, La Roux, Gossip >>>>>Every act in the Sahara not named Orbital (maybe add Proxy too)

hmm :I

malcolmjamalawesome
04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
There is absolutely no question that Major Lazer fucking killed it.

mickflyy
04-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Major Lazer = Awesome

menikmati
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Major Lazer fucking sucked...and yes, I saw the whole set.

Lemonpie
04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Major Lazer fucking sucked...and yes, I saw the whole set.

Any reason why?

menikmati
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
OMG MAJOR LAZER, WE ARE MAJOR LAZER..JUMP OFF LADDER, PLAY SHITTY MUSIC WITH NO BASS DROP, OMG SAY MAJOR LAZER.....yawn. Seriously, just garbage music.

mickflyy
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe you expected too much. I think that is why I got bored at Gorillaz.

Lemonpie
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
OMG MAJOR LAZER, WE ARE MAJOR LAZER..JUMP OFF LADDER, PLAY SHITTY MUSIC WITH NO BASS DROP, OMG SAY MAJOR LAZER.....yawn. Seriously, just garbage music.

I guess that is a valid point.

And then I read it again and realized it isnt.

Cuddlesthesheep
04-19-2010, 01:28 PM
^ I lul'd.
Major Lazer always puts on a party. That is what they do. If you don't like it GTFO!

richiedigs
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
They work a crowd like no other

blackantlers
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
true

also if anyone has a video/pic of me crowd-surfing I will thank them forever

I'm still sorry about it though

SP The Ghost
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
The shit they played for the first 20 minutes sounded exactly the same. It was okay.

shoegazer76
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
This shit is nothing special or entertaining. Why does everybody sweat Diplo's balls. This guy had more trainwrecks in his DJ set (opening for RJD2) over any other DJ I've ever heard. I watched some of the Lazers set on youtube & I could see it was talentless trash. Thanks youtube for saving precious time & energy for me.

mickflyy
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
This guy had more trainwrecks in his DJ set (opening for RJD2) over any other DJ I've ever heard.

You mjust have never heard Tiesto then.

I for one thought the set was fun. Was it awe inspiring? No, but did I dance my ass off? Hell Yes. Not to mention it was one of the only sets where I didn't have to continously hold people back so I didn't lose my place.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2UNF9z-d6QI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2UNF9z-d6QI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

weezy f baby
04-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Major Lazer killed it. They definitely know how to throw a party.

deftonepuma
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Major Lazer was H-E-A-V-Y. They made me feel like I was at a true digital dancehall party in Jamacia, minus the firearms.

@WHYTHELONGFACE La Roux was in the Gobi. Just like her competition Little Boots. Point lost.

jgafs
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Fucking awesome. Hands down top 5 acts all weekend.

dan13l
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Major Lazer was awesome. I was grinding the hell of this half Japanese girl. Good times

WhyTheLongFace
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Major Lazer was H-E-A-V-Y. They made me feel like I was at a true digital dancehall party in Jamacia, minus the firearms.

@WHYTHELONGFACE La Roux was in the Gobi. Just like her competition Little Boots. Point lost.

Oh i see I was mistaken. No wonder it was so god damn packed.

Fandeathis
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
We party every day! We party every day! Fucking epic set!

DFrank
04-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Major Lazer was so good! I swear whenever i hear Pon de Floor being mixed i fucking lose it. If you go see Major Lazer with the intent to party, you wont be let down.

nationocean
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM

This.

jenmorrison
04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
After everything poeple had said about Major Lazer live, I was worried about their Coachella set. I was pleasantly surprised. KILLED it.

JimmyJump
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
This was my second time seeing major lazer and they were 10x better at coachella. Pon De Floor was BY FAR the most overplayed track all weekend, but I got buck crazy everytime. Did anyone catch z-trip's pon de floor mash? WOW

concertgoer
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Mojave= The New Sahara.

Gossip were fucking amazing in the Mojave.

limetav
04-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Major Lazer was incredible. Front row was INSANE

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
FUCK THIS YOU GUYS ARE STUPID

no offense

Major Lazer fucking opened sick as always but they played fucking Warp and Satisfaction. FUCK THAT

As Diplo himself puts it, they brought the fucking Ham & Cheese.

I've seen Major Lazer 3 times and their best set was EDC 2009, when they brought out Santigold...

This set had HIGH potential but once you play Satisfaction, seriously you lose all credibility w/ me. Terrible ass set, and I talked to diplo via twitter about this, his only response was "you're mad at us cause we got all the teens jumping? Come see us at a smaller show for all the ragga"

Apparently you all in this thread like music that a 13 year old likes and Diplo himself confirmed it! Terrible Terrible Terrible! The coolest part of this set was the Chinese dragons they had, and me being half Chinese, i'm kind of ashamed they were on stage.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 08:06 AM
This was my second time seeing major lazer and they were 10x better at coachella. Pon De Floor was BY FAR the most overplayed track all weekend, but I got buck crazy everytime. Did anyone catch z-trip's pon de floor mash? WOW

it's not a mash, it's Pon De Foley, it's a Ludachrist remix newb

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 08:20 AM
I am baffled by the amount of people that loved this set. I found my way to a decent spot and started dancing. I mean just give me a beat and I'll dance. The lighting was on point and those dragons on stage were fucking crazy, but I just couldn't get into this set. It was just so cheesy. I had to stop dancing and scanned the crowd while some shirtless frat bro kept yelling major lazer at me and trying to rub his fun sized snickers all up on me. I met eyes with some of the douchiest people in my life. I immediately felt embarassed for myself. I felt so terrible that even after seeing another act I had to change my clothes so I felt like a normal person when 2manydjs tore apart the Sahara.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 08:23 AM
I am baffled by the amount of people that loved this set. I found my way to a decent spot and started dancing. I mean just give me a beat and I'll dance. The lighting was on point and those dragons on stage were fucking crazy, but I just couldn't get into this set. It was just so cheesy. I had to stop dancing and scanned the crowd while some shirtless frat bro kept yelling major lazer at me and trying to rub his fun sized snickers all up on me. I met eyes with some of the douchiest people in my life. I immediately felt embarassed for myself. I felt so terrible that even after seeing another act I had to change my clothes so I felt like a normal person when 2manydjs tore apart the Sahara.

I've seen Major Lazer 3 times and I understand where you are coming from, when I saw their first set in So Cal at EDC 09, there was almost NO ONE there, it was so awesome, then I saw them at Hard Haunted Mansion and now Coachella... in the very beginning some MAJOR doucher kept shouting pon de floor, pon de floor... (which is like my least fav. track from major lazer) and it was just annoying. Hopefully they don't come to LA for a while and they can get some new material and change things up, I've been on the Major Lazer band wagon before it really existed and Coachella was a disappointment for sure.

theGold
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I saw them at Ultra and peeked in the tent at Coachella and it was the exact same thing, all the way down to them bringing people up on the stage. Eh.

glitch
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I came in with high expectations because I saw them while rolling at Hard Haunted and had a blast. This time I was pretty sober, and left halfway through. It was just a bunch of loud noises, screaming insane MC, and bad smell from their smoke machine to me. My friends loved it though, I guess I just needed to get more fucked up beforehand.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I came in with high expectations because I saw them while rolling at Hard Haunted and had a blast. This time I was pretty sober, and left halfway through. It was just a bunch of loud noises, screaming insane MC, and bad smell from their smoke machine to me. My friends loved it though, I guess I just needed to get more fucked up beforehand.

I don't know how I feel about Skwerrit boy or however you spell it, they used to have another MC who I think was better before him.

Whatever though, Skwerrit boy's ladder jump/daggering is cool but I doubt they'll keep him forever

jackstraw94086
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
It was just a bunch of loud noises

There's several major lazer iphone apps out there and most of them are just a collection of horns, whistles and just general annoying sounds that flood most of their tracks.

instinct
04-22-2010, 09:08 PM

Haha.. So true.

boarderwoozel3
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Caught the first 5 minutes out of curiosity.

It was bad, embarrassingly bad.

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Caught the first 5 minutes out of curiosity.

It was bad, embarrassingly bad.

QFT.
I was praying I didn't run into anyone I knew on the way out.

imsorryforpictures
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM
FUCK THIS YOU GUYS ARE STUPID

no offense

http://www.another71.com/wp-content/uploads/club-75-live.jpg

Garbarator
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
alright, what the fuck is all this? i had originally planned to see Major Lazer when the lineup first came out. then after reading over and over and over on this board that they were awful live, i decided to skip them. Now, all i read all over this stupid fucking thread is how good they were???

What the dick man...

boarderwoozel3
04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
QFT.
I was praying I didn't run into anyone I knew on the way out.

Haha. I did the same thing for David Geutta. And I was rolling for both.

EDM so woeful I couldn't roll to it, that's rough.

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Haha. I did the same thing for David Geutta. And I was rolling for both.

EDM so woeful I couldn't roll to it, that's rough.
Our night sounds much the same. I defaulted to the Sahara and left cracking up. The kid I met at hot chip was all about it. That is when I decided to part ways.

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
alright, what the fuck is all this? i had originally planned to see Major Lazer when the lineup first came out. then after reading over and over and over on this board that they were awful live, i decided to skip them. Now, all i read all over this stupid fucking thread is how good they were???
What the dick man...

I went to this set against the advice of my peers since I was curious and nothing else during their slot caught my interest. Everyone is dancing and having a good time while I was physically putting effort into having fun. I didn't understand it. Then, it dawned on me... i don't like shitty music.

This board is filled with people that have incredible music knowledge. I trust their opinions.

Team_Canada
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I was so torn between MGMT, MAjor Lazer and Guetta, We started at MGMT' they played electric feel on the third track! perfect, then we boucned to Major lazer for a few, but the tent was wayyy to freaKIN HOT, i hated that godamn tent!! So we moves to the back of the guetta tent and let me tell ya! The hottest girls were there no doubt! A cold breeze and an insane lights show! Awesome 2 hours of partying

thagorillaz
04-23-2010, 06:03 AM
pon popopon pon PON DI STREET.

-tim

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs428.snc3/24702_386527974557_227969269557_3681735_1191519_n. jpg

TonyWonder
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
We were up up on the handicap section and had a great view. The party was great but I had a hard time getting into the music, even being extremely far from sober. The beat was just so inconsistent and they just kept stopping and starting and yelling MAJOR LAZER..

it was definitely entertaining though..
4fsvfbfznSE

bobchella
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
best set of the show maybe? beyond FNM

djandrews25
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I cant understand how anyone who has any sort of musical sense can stand any of their tracks. All the stage show is just to distract everyone from the terrible music.

heyeric
04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Bumpity bump. CRAZY

pon de tv amigos

Many of the videos from Diplo and Switch's reggae-addled dance project Major Lazer are crude cartoons that star a one-armed Jamaican commando named Major Lazer. Pretty soon, the cartoon Major Lazer will get a chance to enter your living room in something longer than a three-minute music video, as Diplo and Switch are getting their own show as a part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block.

Ferry Gouw, the person behind Major Lazer's album art, will serve as creative director on the show, and episodes will run 15 minutes. No start date has been set yet. Below, we've got some more images from the show. From the looks of it, the dub reggae visionary and legendary maniac Lee "Scratch" Perry will figure into things, as will Major Lazer hypeman/dancer Skerrit Bwoy. Also below, check out Major Lazer's animated video for "Percumajor".

yCsGoRtqQoE

thagorillaz
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
why did you bump this, man.
-tim
PS Why did I bump this, man