PDA

View Full Version : Coming All The Way From Illinois

carbonated_h2o
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm heading out to Coachella from Galesburg, IL. Only my friend and I are going, so it will just be the two of us.

awrenceofri
01-23-2007, 08:01 AM
yo man, i am looking at comming from Northwestern U. Are you going to fly their or road trip it? i found airfare for like 200, then tickets= about 500. after that i'd have to skimp on food/ lodging, i am trying to find a place to crash. hit me up if you have an ideas on how to do this cheaply

gforcefreak
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
even if your car avg's 30 mpg then you'll go through about 400 dollars in gas to get there and back(from detroit) I've got atleast 3 people going and maybe 4 and to rent a car(only $400 im, not putting 5000 mi on my car) it will be about 200 a piece but if we get 7 of us(rent a minivan then) it would be about $130.but it will be sweet camping out there and back.

FakePlasticMe
01-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll be coming from Chicago, don't drive....you'll save money flying!

TakeThePowerBackChicago
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Im also coming from chicago (south burbs).. i would like to fly cuz it probably will be a little cheaper..but im worried about transportation from the airport, then transportation from coachella to a store to buy camping supplies (water, food, a cooler etc.) cuz it will be a lot easier to pack a car with all our shit.. idk I like the idea of van and would be interested in going in with people to split the cost..

NOSHELTER
01-25-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm from the Dekalb area and I'm flying in. No plans yet when I get there.

gforcefreak
01-29-2007, 09:27 PM
join the caravan to coachella

http://www.myspace.com/greatlakecoachellacaravan

Bornasghosts
01-30-2007, 12:38 AM
mmhhmm...
i'm moving from dallas to chicago at the end of february. I plan on making the trip to see a fest i had no intentions of, but could not refuse such an incredible line-up. I know not a soul in Chicago nor do i have plans on how i will be making it out there. Possibly flying and then looking for a ride from ontario or lax, but would be up for throwing in some money to anyone needing an extra person for a road trip. (I have no car) I think a van would be cool, so as long as we had pre-planned departure and arrival times. I want to get there early on thursday to get a good spot, and No way in Hell will I miss Rage because a couple whiny babies want to go home early. Not to sound like an ass, but i can see this sort of thing happening. I'm chilled, but I prefer Coachillin' every minute that I can. so damn someone help me out with a ride

BigPete
01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
2 from sterling, flyin

BMcnulty
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
from chicago, Im thinking flying is gonna be the cheaper way to go. but im definately in for a road trip. anyone from chitown cruising their car or bus or van, let me know when you are leaving, and what you think gas is gonna cost. otherwise, im gonna post some flight costs, and see if they get cheaper in pairs or something. let me know : breandanjamesmcnulty@yahoo

Melissa
01-31-2007, 07:41 PM
US Airways had some very good rates. (booked mine from Chicago for $207)
Consider using Ontario(ONT) instead of Palm Springs (PSP). It is about an hour away, but if you are already renting a car, the reduction in cost may be worth it.