PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for dune buggies

BrettShipes
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Saw a couple people get run over by an out of control buggy by the spicy pie. Watch yourselves out there.

Jumping Start.
04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Honestly though, the people driving around in those carts and dune buggies are just...insane!

amishCYBORG
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
I know the guy that got hit. He now has free tickets to Coachella for the rest of his life. Also got about 15 VIP passes.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm jumping in front of a buggy next year!

misterpickles
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I know the guy that got hit. He now has free tickets to Coachella for the rest of his life. Also got about 15 VIP passes.

is he physically ok? i heard they were on the ground for awhile after..

Jankypirate
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Awesome, so totally worth it.

ablackheart
04-20-2010, 10:13 AM
The guy was walking right next to me and I felt him go flying in the air when the jeep/buggy reversed... (three guys got completely run over). I don't want to get hurt but DAMN! COACHELLA TICKETS FOR LIFE?! There wasn't even any blood...

emtgreg
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, my friend saw that happen, said that there was quite a bit of blood actually...

But yeah, the dune buggies and go carts need to slow the fuck down...

Errant
04-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it was one of the burrito guys driving that cart. We were set up between them and Spicy Pie. I guess they hit someone on Sunday, too :o

Someone drove one up my bf's ankle when we were in the cattle call to get out on Saturday night. He was just pushing through the crowd without using his horn or calling out or anything.

They really should have had a better setup for cart entrance/exit. It also would have been extremley helpful if there were a way to keep the masses out of the vendor only areas. We had people walking past signs and over fences and kicking dust into our kitchen the entire time. One guy a couple of booths down had his cart stolen, and we were constantly chasing people off of ours.

SomeGuyInNM
04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I was waiting in line for the showers when that happened. It was kinda crazy/scary. After the ambulances took the guys, security just let that guy go back on the cart. I thought that was crazy.

meowlouder
04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
oh dude i saw that... like 3 people got run over... scary!

kneuller
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
yeah at least two or three times my girlfriend and I had to jump out of the way of those carts in the campgrounds because theyd drive like 20 mph+ with no horn or care in the world

bebop
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Saw that in the shower line. Saw the driver about 15 minutes before the accident driving like an asshole and wondering if there was a good possibility that someone was going to get hit. I happened to be looking in that direction when he backed up into those guys. They had one of the guys lying there for around 30 to an hour and I'm pretty sure he was severely injured.

Corporate Cannibal
04-21-2010, 09:31 AM
dammit, i almost got hit by the sahara, but i moved out of the way in just the nick of time... HELL, if i had known about the tickets for life deal, I would have gladly laid down to get run over.

phonographer
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
So I guess my friends and I weren't the only ones to notice staff and vendors romping down Avenue 51 and other roads. There was a couple of times that I a buggy blasting past at 25-30 miles an hour or so. I'm also surprised that none of them were flipped going so fast.

lowfront
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
guys tickets for life really?

Your going to jump in front of a crazy man driving a golf cart. That thing will fuck you up

I don't want to go to the hospital while I'm chilling at coachella ever. Nor would I like getting a concussion or breaking a leg.

Now, I agree with what everyone is saying, I didn't hear about anyone getting hit till getting home. But there was one point over by the food vendors in campground.

A fucking crazy man on a golf cart came flying by us, I completely tripped out as it was right next to me. Then we watched the guy come inches from the person in front of us. I was thinking to myself, holy jesus that guys gonna kill someone.