PDA

View Full Version : Carrot Top

PlayaDelWes
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM
brings less shit to Coachella than all of you. What is all that crap in your bag? The reason the security line took 45 minutes today was because you pack a boatload of shit in your backpack.

Am I missing something here? What do you need over the course of 12 hours that takes up a cubic foot and takes security 5 minutes to search you?

MassonaBlackEyes
04-17-2010, 06:51 AM
seriously,
wallet, phone, keys, set times booklet

thats all you goddamn need

do you really need that beach towel? the blanket? the sweater? the change of clothes, a magazine, ipod, all that bullshit?

SCWXA
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Should have separate lines and checkpoints. "Bags here" "Bodies here". At least if I was the organizer that is what I'd do.

butt_)(_rash
04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought this thread was about carrot top......

http://i39.tinypic.com/9tmr1t.jpg

Boourns
04-17-2010, 12:36 PM
They didn't even search my tote bag, just peeked inside (no hands) for two seconds and that was it.

BrettShipes
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
They didn't even search my tote bag, just peeked inside (no hands) for two seconds and that was it.

This

koliebo
04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
My purse has a bunch of random pockets inside/outside of it, and I had all sorts of stuff in there... (yes, I am a stereotypical female, my purse is a neverending pit of doom) But all security did was glance inside the purse and maybe poke around a bit, it took a grand total of about 5 seconds.

frazzles
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM

Word.

Should have separate lines and checkpoints. "Bags here" "Bodies here". At least if I was the organizer that is what I'd do.

They were trying that. People (myself included) just went to the shortest line and didn't really give a shit.

megatron26
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
My purse has a bunch of random pockets inside/outside of it, and I had all sorts of stuff in there... (yes, I am a stereotypical female, my purse is a neverending pit of doom) But all security did was glance inside the purse and maybe poke around a bit, it took a grand total of about 5 seconds.

lol this!

Radiohead
04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
The amount of time it takes you to get in totally depends on when you get there. I went in between 11 and 12:30 every day, and never waited more than 3 minutes in line.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Waited less than that.

I had trail mix, beef jerky, sun screen, a flashlight. and gin in my pack.

PlayaDelWes
04-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Friday the wait was 45 minutes. Saturday and Sunday it was negligible.

What I witnessed on Friday was frustrating. People without bags pretty much walked up, got their ticket scanned, and a wristband put on. Those with bags pulled out tons and tons of crap and placed it on the search table. Then, more often than not, a conversation ensued between security and patron, while the ticket crew stood, watched, and waited. Things would have been much quicker if there were separate bag / no-bag lines…or if people just brought less crap.

More frustrating, is people dancing in the crowd with large backpacks. It’s so annoying when the person in front of you at a show is grooving their backpack all up in your chest. People without backpacks do a good job of not shoving their back at you and rubbing it all over. People with backpacks are clueless and whack it around like it’s some sort of dinosaur tail killing their prey.

Vic Viper
04-20-2010, 10:27 AM
coachella needs to institute a bag policy like the airport. if your bag can't fit in the box, its too big and you can't take it inside.

not only does this speed up the check-in process but it also prevents all these assholes who are seemingly PACKED TO HIKE THE FUCKING ALPS from slamming into me. seriously some people took up the space 2+ bodies because of their bags.

Strange
04-20-2010, 11:10 AM
This.
I have a mini backpack for a towl and a sweater, extra pack of cig's (because i chain smoke at concerts lol) and a place to tie my hat after the sun goes down. i always walk up with it open and ready to pull the shit out. this year, every time, they looked at it (no touchy) for one second and said "your good".

Strange
04-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't understand the huge backpacks either. i had to jam-pack the towl and the sweater in my bag, and completely stuffed as it was it sticks off my back a total of maybe 4 inches.

Mr.Dolo
04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I flew in from CT and I noticed most of the trash came from people who lived around the area. I came with a gym bag full of clothes / toiletries and $300. People who didnt have to pay per-bag fees brought the most imo.

Ardentbiscuit
04-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Next year they need to have Carrot Top doing prop comedy for people stuck in traffic going into the polo field.