PDA

View Full Version : What is the answer?

adamnikyo
04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Clue: Toddlers playground
Answer: _ _ N _ _ E _ _ _

The answer may be specific to a place in Tucson. I'm not sure.

stuporfly
04-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Jungle Gym.

adamnikyo
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I think you have it. I owe you something.

canexplain
04-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I have to be the host Alex T on Take your child to work day. We are going to have them play Jeopardy. I have to study up on my games. So this is lame but :) I am watching Price is Right and it is some sort of country special. One of the prizes was a trip to the BIGGEST COUNTRY MUSIC EVENT OF THE YEAR. Then they said Bonnaroo !!! I actually backspaced the show to see if I heard that right. Won't the winner be surprised I think. They said see the biggest names in music such as Dave Matthews and Miranda Lambert ...

liquidsnake28
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Bonnaroo doesn't have any clue what they want to be anymore. They seem to have lost all sense of direction and focus. Country Music Festival? Sure, why not?

kreutz2112
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I have to be the host Alex T on Take your child to work day. We are going to have them play Jeopardy. I have to study up on my games. So this is lame but :) I am watching Price is Right and it is some sort of country special. One of the prizes was a trip to the BIGGEST COUNTRY MUSIC EVENT OF THE YEAR. Then they said Bonnaroo !!! I actually backspaced the show to see if I heard that right. Won't the winner be surprised I think. They said see the biggest names in music such as Dave Matthews and Miranda Lambert ...

what?

liquidsnake28
04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
You heard him. He backspaced the show.

canexplain
04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Yea they just thought that since the show was outside of Nashville, geez it must be a giant country music festival. I actually thought they were going to say Stagecoach ...

kreutz2112
04-16-2010, 11:35 AM
You heard him. He backspaced the show.

It's not a matter of hearing, it's a matter of understanding.

canexplain
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
It's not a matter of hearing, it's a matter of understanding.

Well I don't know what you call it with a dvr. With a tape you would say rewind which you don't do, so since it is just a data file, I suppose you backspace ... I have to go buy some ph down before the webcast starts ...

adamnikyo
04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Backspace makes no more sense than rewind does. At least rewind is reference to something similar in practice. What does backspace refer to? Moving a cursor back a space. If you don't want to say rewind, say you skipped back, or something else that actually makes sense. But rewind is fine. It's also ok to say you taped a show even if you're using a DVR. You hear that Jenniehoo? It's ok to say that.

canexplain
04-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Moving a cursor back a space.

I guess I would say when you are watching youtube, you move the mouse thus you move the cursor back some space (s). Yes use your little ruler, see where the cursor is when it is at the start of the video and where it is at the end of the video. There is space there. To change the space and go backwards, you move your mouse so take a hike. And no it is not all right to say you taped a show if it is digital because it's not fucking tape. That's like saying a fax and an email attachment is really the same ...

kreutz2112
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I just say "warp". It works for forward and backward.

adamnikyo
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Moving a cursor back a space.

I guess I would say when you are watching youtube, you move the mouse thus you move the cursor back some space (s). Yes use your little ruler, see where the cursor is when it is at the start of the video and where it is at the end of the video. There is space there. To change the space and go backwards, you move your mouse so take a hike. And no it is not all right to say you taped a show if it is digital because it's not fucking tape. That's like saying a fax and an email attachment is really the same ...

What's it like to have a brain that doesn't function the way it's supposed to anymore?

There is space there.

I ate a sandwich today. After taking a bite, I brought the sandwich back down from my face to the table. There was space between my face and the table. I back spaced. I will forward space something sharp into your eye.

And stop giving your opinion about technology. You're old enough to be dead. Nobody listens to you.

canexplain
04-17-2010, 07:25 AM
And stop giving your opinion about technology

That's funny. I have been working on mainframes since 69. I can install hardware and software of various kinds on various platforms. I have had a top secret clearance many times because I am the person who has to install the security systems. These days when I have to be the backup for our help desk, I can take apart and put back together most pc's then in turn install all of the applications. I also have to help people like you with all the Microsoft products and 100 other applications you probably never heard of. My house if fully wired for cable, stereos, WI-Fi , ps3 and xbox, etc all of which I did myself. So I know a bit about technology is the point.

MassonaBlackEyes
04-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I have less wires, stolen stereos, more wifis and at least 8 ps3s, and i made all of them myself.

adamnikyo
04-17-2010, 10:39 AM
...I also have to help people like you with all the Microsoft products and 100 other applications you probably never heard of...

You can take apart a computer, install software, and you have a home network. I can see how that'd be impressive at the nursing home.