PDA

View Full Version : Finding Tickets at the Parking Lot?

brobee
04-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Since I can't find any luck on grabbing a hold of a ticket online or anywhere, is it possible to find people that are selling tickets at the parking lot? Are people gonna jack up their prices like meanies?
Thats my last resort, if i dont find a ticket by tomorrow morning.

billtino
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
There are always people with extra tickets at events like this. Don't pay over face value & you will be fine. I think you can even bring the tickets to the box office (will call) and have them scan it to verify it's not fake.

brobee
04-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah but its a sold out event. Are people going to be dicks about it and not sell them at face value?

tigermilkboy
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah but its a sold out event. Are people going to be dicks about it and not sell them at face value?

Probably...no doubt scalpers are buying up spares.

Ravingmad
04-15-2010, 08:37 AM

Take a guess.

billtino
04-15-2010, 08:38 AM
ya, that's the trick. to buy them from people who are looking to sell for face value before the scalpers buy em up.

tigermilkboy
04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
To be honest it seems like there are too many people planning to do this. As ever it is demand and supply, I think you are going to see desperate people paying desperate prices.

cured
04-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Why would marking the tickets up make someone a dick? That's simple supply and demand. If you wanted a ticket, you probably should have bought one before the festival sold out. Look on eBay now...tickets are going for around $600.

The only way you get lucky is to find someone who thought they'd have a group of 4 but only have 3 or if you show up on Saturday and Sunday and haggle about getting that ticket pro-rated. Otherwise, who would really buy a ticket, drive out to the desert and wait in 90 degree heat to give you a discount?

Rarebreed
04-15-2010, 08:46 AM
my friend cant find tickets either. I told him to go and buy tickets there, to much of a risk for him. I do see a lot of people selling tickets, but i see even more looking for tickets.

Smokahontis
04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
dont they say every year they sell out and they sell tix at the door???? thats what everyone that has gone(that i know) has told me... so why would it be different this year?

Ravingmad
04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
dont they say every year they sell out and they sell tix at the door???? thats what everyone that has gone(that i know) has told me... so why would it be different this year?

They never say they sell out. Sometimes they will say single day tickets sell out but still sell 3-day passes. Or that the 3-dayers are gone but still sell single days. This is the first time there are no single day tickets onsale at all. And they've never straight-up confirmed that no tickets will be sold at the door unless it's true.

See here from PF: http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1698273&postcount=98

And from Coachella's email this morning:

TICKETS
There will not be any tickets sold at the festival.

tigermilkboy
04-15-2010, 09:20 AM

Are you seriously retarded?? It has SOLD OUT!! Stop spreading this false rumor. GV has said NO TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE

brobee
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Why would marking the tickets up make someone a dick? That's simple supply and demand. If you wanted a ticket, you probably should have bought one before the festival sold out. Look on eBay now...tickets are going for around $600.

The only way you get lucky is to find someone who thought they'd have a group of 4 but only have 3 or if you show up on Saturday and Sunday and haggle about getting that ticket pro-rated. Otherwise, who would really buy a ticket, drive out to the desert and wait in 90 degree heat to give you a discount?

Yeah well I didn't think it would sell out since they are only selling 3 day passes this year and the economy is shit.
But whatever I learned my lesson the hard way.

And you need to calm down dude. Chill.

DFrank
04-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes, im tired of people giving the ticket threads so much shit. It's quite literally Coachella d-day time and you're putting people down. soooo unplur.

brobee
04-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah well I think I'm still going to look for tickets in the parking lot.
So many good bands this year.

Ha.SK
04-16-2010, 07:14 AM
my bf went out last night in palm springs and this couple was selling 2 vip tickets for coachella at $500 a piece.

tigermilkboy
04-16-2010, 07:55 AM
my bf went out last night in palm springs and this couple was selling 2 vip tickets for coachella at $500 a piece.

VIP tickets alone do not get you in, you still need a 3-day pass