PDA

View Full Version : i'm DJing FRIDAY at 7pm, but I need a ticket. Curious? HELP?

djeko
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey there,

thanks for reading. dj eko here (www.ekogirl.com). i have a set time of 7pm on FRIDAY to play for an awesome non-profit called Global Inheritance. It's a brand new sound area to highlight alternative power. The turntables are powered by HUMANS! (on bicycles, hand cranks and other neat gadgets).

I didn't think I was going to come down b/c of a scheduling conflict. I have a contracted gig in the Bay area Saturday. Passes ran out and also sold out just as they confirmed my slot. I'm coming down from SF and I'm dedicated to getting into the festival on Friday.

Can you help? I am open to creative ideas.

ekogirl@gmail.com
408-406-8399

anti-square
04-14-2010, 08:12 PM
You NOT gonna get raped

lediable76
04-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey there,

thanks for reading. dj eko here (www.ekogirl.com). i have a set time of 7pm on FRIDAY to play for an awesome non-profit called Global Inheritance. It's a brand new sound area to highlight alternative power. The turntables are powered by HUMANS! (on bicycles, hand cranks and other neat gadgets).

I didn't think I was going to come down b/c of a scheduling conflict. I have a contracted gig in the Bay area Saturday. Passes ran out and also sold out just as they confirmed my slot. I'm coming down from SF and I'm dedicated to getting into the festival on Friday.

Can you help? I am open to creative ideas.

ekogirl@gmail.com
408-406-8399

Get over yourself. You're giving yourself too much credit here. From what I remember, this was open to anyone that wanted to.

arlyn
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
You NOT gonna get raped

heh, i totally just told someone the opposite of this in the camping forum

arlyn
04-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Get over yourself. You're giving yourself too much credit here. From what I remember, this was open to anyone that wanted to.

Not to mention the contest specifically said you needed 10 of your friends with you to power the cranks and shit. Even if you get a ticket for your set, you're not going to have any power. Paul and PF aren't riding bicycles for you.

RezBanana
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Not to mention the contest specifically said you needed 10 of your friends with you to power the cranks and shit. Even if you get a ticket for your set, you're not going to have any power. Paul and PF aren't riding bicycles for you.

LOL ohhh poor kid I can see it now.

djeko: ARE YOU PEOPLE READY!?!?
crowd:*cough*..........

claaaaaaay
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM
If you can't make your dj slot, can i take it? Being serious

superfiction
04-14-2010, 11:05 PM
seriously, if someone doesnt make the time slot they are disqualified. my friend is djing and we all have to be there 15 minues before hand and yes this competition was open to anyone. stop pretending like youre special. if youre really that dedicated youll go to the fest and wait for someone whos selling a ticket

fikus222
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Her website is good for a laugh as well.

fancy restaurant
04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Her website is good for a laugh as well.

i like how it lists Coachella as if she were a DJ that was actually performing there.

Andymac175
04-15-2010, 04:38 AM
wow.. people are jerks.. I'd like listening to ur set eko. But i can't help with the ticket.. I had to get one last min from a scalper.. (big$$$... it sucks, I know)

gkrablin
04-15-2010, 05:21 AM
HHAHAHAHAA

arlyn
04-15-2010, 05:40 AM
wow.. people are jerks.. I'd like listening to ur set eko. But i can't help with the ticket.. I had to get one last min from a scalper.. (big$$$... it sucks, I know)

Maybe you can power her set?

Cut us some slack. Sayin I need a ticket because I have a DJ sat is begging to be torn apart. Artists don't pay for tickets. That's ridiculous. It's the other way around. If she was performing at Coachella, she could buy us tickets. Or herself one. Or have her name on the poster. The Coachella message board is just the wrong place to act like you're performing at Coachella. You'll be eaten alive.

WhyTheLongFace
04-15-2010, 12:16 PM
lol you guys are assholes.