PDA

View Full Version : Die Antwoord

Californicator
04-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Worth checking out for the haircuts alone?

http://www.myspace.com/dieantwoord

coldwarriddim
04-14-2010, 12:45 PM
no. god no.

flylo & dead weather

heyeric
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
hey thanks for posting his myspace, didn't know he had one! -_-

drewniverse
04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

fuck frankie
04-14-2010, 02:42 PM
i think it's mildly amusing that people don't seem to get that Die Antwoord is a joke

i am slightly curious to see if that creepy bird kid is gonna be there, and the girl is really hot, in as much as i've always wanted to fuck a retarded alien.

nationocean
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes, we get it's a fucking mess of a joke.

But that joke is getting a goddamn prime night spot in the Sahara where the likes of Daft Punk, Aphex Twin and other electronic legends earned their spot.

It's fucking awful music and I will be throwing anything heavy enough at their goddamn ugly faces.

drewniverse
04-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I just looked at his myspace. Every single one of the commenters are retarded. I'm no grammar nazi, but goddamn. Really?

Alwaysbaked
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Well alot of them r from South Africa ^^

dorkfish
04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I just looked at his myspace. Every single one of the commenters are retarded. I'm no grammar nazi, but goddamn. Really?
most of the comments are written in Afrikaans or mock-Afrikaans

drewniverse
04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Well alot of them r from South Africa ^^

Arrrr, them pirates in South Africa....

http://www.japanfocus.org/data/somalipirats.GIF

weezy f baby
04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/cartman-pirate.jpg

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Professor Null
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
They should have brought Haezer in from Cape Town instead for a nice dose of electropunk.

1kFV3-D6oPY

Destroy the Dancefloor video: http://vimeo.com/2829777

drewniverse
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
^^ Well it's better than a squeaky voiced tweeker.

boarderwoozel3
04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

GrossMagic
04-14-2010, 03:44 PM
AYY AHHREPRESINT TE SOUF AHFRIKAAN CULCKTURE

sbaugnies75
04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
This whole thing has to be a joke...

grannock
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Why isn't this at 2:00PM? Flight of the Concords would be better.

exx post facto
04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
i dont understand why everyone thinks die antwoord is a joke. its extremely funny how far over people's heads these fools are.

I WILL BE IN FRONT FOR DIE ANTWOORD

please don't be there if you don't appreciate.

Californicator
04-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah, Flight of the Concords or The Lonely Island would have been better.

Alwaysbaked
04-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Ill be up front with my zef hat on

Giannid6
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
shit's WEAK.

pachucasunrise
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
why does anybody care? I'm gonna be watching Devo fuck up the mojave.

fuck frankie
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM

word. if they play Mongoloid, i can die happy

Ilikepie
04-16-2010, 05:53 AM

Gramps might break a hip

exx post facto
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
DIE ANTWOOORD KILLED IT!

After flying lotus, best performance of coachella this year. These peeps are fucking genius freaks. Beats were so banging and the whole thing was so well choreographed.

DROP THE MUTHERFUCKIN BEAT BOX!

P.s. They are "such a hilarious joke."

iGz89
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
word. if they play Mongoloid, i can die happy

and they DID :D

guedita
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
DIE ANTWOOORD KILLED IT!

After flying lotus, best performance of coachella this year. These peeps are fucking genius freaks. Beats were so banging and the whole thing was so well choreographed.

You've been on the board since 2008 and your 15th post is that DIE ANTWOORD KILLED IT? This was an absolute vocal raping tailored to fucking LA banger ravers who don't know shit about electronic music but want some loud fucking music to accessorize their piperzine glow glove show.

frazzles
04-19-2010, 09:08 PM
DIE ANTWOOORD KILLED IT!

Please tell me you are joking. My grin from FlyLo immediately disappeared when I walked into this aural holocaust.

Worst 20 minutes ever.

ivankay
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM
i loved it. Thought there was some rock star shit going on there that rocked the Sahara big from what i felt and saw. Thought it sounded great and that guy's flow is...i guess wicked would be a good word. No idea what the fuck he's saying yet, but he's got an excellent style. i'm looking forward to getting to those pictures.

Gribbz
04-19-2010, 09:16 PM
You've been on the board since 2008 and your 15th post is that DIE ANTWOORD KILLED IT? This was an absolute vocal raping tailored to fucking LA banger ravers who don't know shit about electronic music but want some loud fucking music to accessorize their piperzine glow glove show.

Please tell me you are joking. My grin from FlyLo immediately disappeared when I walked into this aural holocaust.

Worst 20 minutes ever.

Couldn't agree more.

lowfront
04-19-2010, 09:21 PM
ahhh

ya

more 2manydj's would of been a lot better GV....

why the fuck was this group at coachella? At such a late spot?

Seems like they paid a lot of money to be there

darksideofkaos.
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I said this in another thread...

Die Antwoord = The film Gummo

It was like watching something horrifying but you can't look away.

daft$tar
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
who from die antwoord blew paul toilet to get a spot before 2manydjs?

rasooli
04-19-2010, 09:43 PM
One of the worst acts of the weekend...thats ladies' voice was SO annoying. Only reason I was there was in order to get a legit spot for 2manydjs. I cant see how people can actually enjoy this crap. TERRIBLE.

exx post facto
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Yo-landi is sexy.

Scary Larry
04-19-2010, 09:59 PM
THE most terrible act I have ever seen and I really mean that. Joke or no joke that shit was fucking vile. What an absolute abortion that this act cut into 2manydjs. Seriously, I thought they were shooting the new Sacha Baron Cohen movie in there. Only thing missing in there were juggalos

headrush
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
i couldn't even sit through this. i forced myself into thinking i was hungry.

dorkfish
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
this act cut into 2manydjs
factually incorrect.

Daft Fro
04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
That shit was so god fucking awful, and not even remotely funny live.

This is after trying to manage to get through their shitty youtube songs. I actually gave this farce of a novelty a chance...

CONGRATULATIONS FOR WASTING VALUABLE NIGHTTIME IN THE SAHARA

I can't believe these fuckers actually got added (wait, yes I can...) to HARD MIA, and their names are actually billed above FlyLo's...

what in the fucking fuck.

and No, I'm not done.

mattpach
04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
I can't believe these fuckers actually got added (wait, yes I can...) to HARD MIA, and their names are actually billed above FlyLo's...

They have no business being anywhere.
:nono

LeK5Y
04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
I didn't know who Die Antwoord was, so I decided to give them a shot.

Worst idea I had all weekend.

kneuller
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
worst 20 minutes of my life. loved Z-trip and 2ManyDJs but really wtf? how this group was even at coachella nonetheless at 11.45 on saturday is way beyond me. the chics voice was like bone marrow needles stabbing my ears out.

to quote some random ravekid walking away after their set, "weirdest fucking thing ive ever seen"

bleep
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Die Antwoord and the Almighty Defenders were the two most amusing sets i saw all weekend. i was so sleepy that Saturday night and Die Antwoord jolted me awake w/ their ridiculousness. i shrieked like a fangirl when the Ninja stripped to his Pink Floyd boxers. i loved it, but i know i was in the minority given how the audience was leaving in droves.

thagorillaz
04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
huh. i didnt expect this reaction at all. I expected die antwoord to be a total joke, but i thought they were really quite good. The beats kicked real hard in the sahara. Lotsa bass. Furthermore, i was listening carefully to the lyrics and some of them were quite good. To each his own. As i left i was like i guarantee hard books them for an event and then on sunday i got a hard flyer with them headlining. Lawl.
i would gladly see them again, and i thought they threw down a real fun set.
-tim

hacking my dreams
04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
What a bunch of whiners! I thought it was great to see a LIVE PERFORMANCE and not a BORING DJ.

"Get that fuckn bboy, bboy" is forever in my head and I loved her voice. Thank you to all who enjoyed!

You lamers need a complaint department, stay outta here! I'm still working on getting my FAVORITE die antwoord HD clip uploaded... pvt me :)

myelectrolife
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Ninja Ninja!

but seriously GV... never again. Joke or no joke they were the worst act I saw that weekend by FAR.

deftonepuma
04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
I could have done without the shirtless fat dudes. That is all.

They gotz their own moo vee.

zimmy1222
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
When I was a boy, I wanted to be a ninja, now I am a man, AND I am a ninja.

That was the only quarter-way entertaining part of their set. That, and when, in big flashing letters, it said "HUGGY PARTY" on the screen.

Waste of money, time, space, probable ear drum damage, and drugs. Didn't matter too much, 2MANYDJ's killed it and all was well.

But if you seriously thought any part of that show contained an ounce of talent, you officially lack the mental capacity to deserve respect from a single soul.

TonyWonder
04-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I admit to being in the apparent minority who thought it was a lot of fun. Beat Boy was VERY entertaining...until the fat guys completely killed the momentum and lost the crowd. I guess it was to ensure that we all knew it was a joke. Still wish 2manydjs had more time though.

24sV02TDHQE

ErikFlyingV
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the funniest part of this shit was this couple next to me, in their 20's, who just fucking flipped out when they came on.

They were screaming like this was the best thing they'd ever seen, and they knew every single word. The guy screamed all the guys parts, and his girlfriend sang all the girls parts. Annoying was she sounded just like her...

Still funny though, I imagined them driving accross the country blasting this shit.

Die Antwoordchella.

Ardentbiscuit
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I watched a bit of the show. I'm still thinking about what I saw. I'll get back to you on that.

They got such a huge write up on the LA Times blog.

Coachella 2010 outro: Die Antwoord, so Zef, so fres!

April 20, 2010 | 11:19 am

With Coachella 2010 quickly receding in the rear-view mirror of festival-goers’ collective consciousness, it is fair to say that there was no shortage of lasting impressions made this year. Highly touted reunions (the Specials, Faith No More, Pavement), splashy performances by next-big-things (MGMT, Vampire Weekend), even blanket ubiquity by bona fide superstars (Jay-Z and Beyoncé, please stand up).

But pound for pound -- or maybe, considering the group's abbreviated set time and its members' dangerously emaciated-looking Body Mass Indexes, minute for minute onstage -- the most engaging and legitimately surprising act of the weekend might have been the hard rhyming South African “Zef-rap” trio Die Antwoord. Their arrival came as a late addition to the Coachella lineup, placed in a high-visibility spot Saturday night between veteran party starter DJ Z-Trip and Belgian mash-up superstars 2 Many DJs (who had to cancel due to Icelandic volcano complications). Then there was the name itself: "the answer" in Afrikaans. All day Saturday, the question was, "Who the [bleep] is Die Antwoord?”

Suffice it to say the audience did not know what hit them.

Steeped in viral mystery after months of ‘Net speculation about their integrity level and original provenance, the group bounded onstage in the Sahara tent and basically laid waste to any preconceived notion about hip-hop’s global currency in the new millennium. That is to say, it’s easier to consider Die Antwoord’s “rave-rap” and try to process its “new Zef flow” in terms of what M.I.A. does than, say, N.W.A. (Even if Die Antwoord shares a similar fondness for filthy language and descriptions of brutal sex, paying homage to Compton’s finest by proclaiming themselves “Straight Outta South Africa” with a pronounced Afrikaans accent.)

In less than 20 minutes onstage and over the course of fewer than six songs, Die Antwoord amazed and confused by indeed being Zef and staying “so, so fres.” Depending on who you ask, Zef either embodies the celebration of a uniquely South African brand of white trashiness or is shorthand for general awesomeness. Both would seem to apply. Zef is indisputably the group’s X-factor: the key to its fizzy menace, its otherworldliness and ribald sex rhymes.

To be sure, lead vocalist Ninja and backup singer/MC Yo-Landi Vi$$er make a visually arresting pair. Both are greyhound-thin and exude a kind of hard-to-place affectlessness -- he after having stripped down from a white hoodie sweatsuit to a pair of flimsy Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon” workout shorts and she, sparrow-like and helium-voiced in gold hot pants and a halter top. Their quirks of idiom and casual referencing of old school hip-hop, coupled with Die Antwoord’s singular Zef look, create a sense of wonder. It’s no far stretch to imagine them having grown up in some Cape Town meth lab watching a steady diet of “Yo! MTV Raps.”

But after having performed basically all of their recorded material (available on widely downloaded mix-tapes), the trio (and their portly, shirtless, be-masked backup dancers) exited stage right. And for a moment, the possibility of a melee taking place in the Sahara tent seemed perfectly plausible. Resplendent with his Kid 'n Play-esque high-top fade, Ninja took the opportunity to departed gracefully: “Coachella, we love you!” he exclaimed.

Vi$$er -- looking like a diffident, highly sexualized 12-year-old and drenched in sweat -- chose to bail in a hail of curse words directed specifically at the Coachella crowd and flipped everyone the bird.

Zef!

So just how did Die Antwoord rate its Coachella performance? Your humble correspondent tried in vain to swaggle an interview, only to discover that the group had chosen to do no press, keeping the sense of mystery surrounding them intact.

But Ninja articulated a certain sense of accomplishment in an Afrikaans-accented gangsta tweet Sunday.

“We came, we saw, we skopped fokken gat,” he wrote.

-- Chris Lee

Photo: Jay L. Clendenin / Los Angeles Times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/04/coachella-2010-die-antwoord-so-zef-so-fres.html#more

thagorillaz
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
still suprised. you guys really didnt think the beats were good? They were super fat and dirty. i dunno maybe i was still rolling.
-tim

ThatBul
04-21-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't get why everyone keeps saying "I wish 2manydjs had been given more time instead". I mean, their set was a hell of a lot of fun, but does no one realize that it was a completely pre-planned set?

Die Antwoord was hilarious, and on top of that, those beats had me moving.

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I was embarrassed for them.

guedita
04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't get why everyone keeps saying "I wish 2manydjs had been given more time instead". I mean, their set was a hell of a lot of fun, but does no one realize that it was a completely pre-planned set?

Die Antwoord was hilarious, and on top of that, those beats had me moving.

Oh, certainly, it might have been far too hard for 2ManyDJs to plan out an extra 25 minutes. They're pretty new at this whole DJ thing.

Gribbz
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh, certainly, it might have been far too hard for 2ManyDJs to plan out an extra 25 minutes. They're pretty new at this whole DJ thing.

Lulz. Paul T must have owed somebody a favor.

IRSCOTT
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Open your mind, shit was fun. Coachella is about fun and thats what we had during dieantwoord. Want cocky watch tiesto want good watch bassnectar. the point is theres everything I like having fun and thats just what die antwoord was.

Gribbz
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
It really wasn't. That shit belongs at "Gathering of the Juggalos."

Devin the Dude
04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Die Antwoord is evidence that this festival has no soul anymore. Worst performance ever, biggest disgrace to the Sahara tent ever.

zimmy1222
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Open your mind, shit was fun. Coachella is about fun and thats what I had during dieantwoord.

fixed.

humanoid
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I saw the rapper guy wandering around earlier in the day...I told him I was looking forward to checking them out...he said thanks...then continued saying something to me that was completely unintelligible while flashing some sort of retarded looking gang signs.....

by the time 11:45 rolled around, I had forgotten that they even exist.

Aenima
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
"When I was a child, I want to be a Ninja. Now I am a man and now I am a NINJA!"

You guys take yourselves too seriously. This was singlehandedly the best surprise of the whole weekend. He has some seriously skill. Albeit, they were extremely creepy, and anorexic, I thought they were fantastic.

*The only regret I had was to stick around for 2manyDJs. Seriously. My ears are still bleeding from that high pitched static shit they started with.*

dnham
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
i am super sad i missed this set. i fucking love die antwoord and youtube videos are awwwesome

WhyTheLongFace
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Their arrival came as a late addition to the Coachella lineup, placed in a high-visibility spot Saturday night between veteran party starter DJ Z-Trip and Belgian mash-up superstars 2 Many DJs (who had to cancel due to Icelandic volcano complications)..

Really?

shermanoaksyo
04-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Bravura performance by whatever marketing department/record producers are behind this monstrosity. Especially the freaky illustrated visuals

Ardentbiscuit
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Really?

Looks like the LA Times made a mistake! I just quoted that article verbatim.

I read another review, I forgot which site but they talked about how awesome the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble was with the Gorillaz.

Seems like most bloggers and writers now adays don't fact check.

exx post facto
04-22-2010, 03:27 AM
die antwoord was the most soulful and sincere set I saw all weekend.

these guys are fokken genius and they're finally getting some cred.

banged so hard on the sahara speakers

meowlouder
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM
yo-landi is hot in an anorexic cancer patient sort of way

blackchango
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I fell head over heals ! Ninja look out ! "beat boy beat boy" " hit thit pifict peep boi"

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

she certainly does not look like she has had children (which she has).

hawkingvsreeve
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Look at how mad you're all getting.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxlsp4BPNf1qzab73o1_500.jpg

http://vajrayotina.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/yo-landi-vier.jpeg

meowlouder
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
she certainly does not look like she has had children (which she has).

wha?!?! blasphemy!!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Her and Ninja are married art school grad recluses when they're not running around being idiots in public

bmack86
04-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I really hope that's true.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read "Ninja" has been in several bands and he plays a different character each time.

cansei de ser sexme
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
no fooken way she is married. This ruins everything.

Still-ill
04-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Max Current.Tv

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 04:43 PM
i think their previous incarnations are evidence enough of how they're not what they appear to be as Die Antwoord

First was MaxNormal.TV
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/26184067/MaxNormalTV+edit.jpg
http://www.runwaymusic.co.za/images/releases/maxnormal_200.jpg
gRy6pBpwVbk
4QcYxqvWCgg

Then was Constructus Corporation
http://music.overtone.co.za/themes/gimp_plug/wysiwyg/uploaded_images/8tn8waz05l1yp9qmwjdsd42d.jpg
BAmHqiea3z4
wFVpyleMEao
zpXZrcqPs18

and then there's this, which I'm not really sure what to think about
3mj2s33jQ5I

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
the wiki article is a good source too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watkin_Tudor_Jones

cansei de ser sexme
04-23-2010, 04:54 PM
and then there's this, which I'm not really sure what to think about
3mj2s33jQ5I

haha early version of beat boy in this.

Ardentbiscuit
04-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Is anyone going to watch them at the Hard event?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=VSzNsKmXZG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Q77YBmtd2Rw

SDsoldier7
04-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Is anyone going to watch them at the Hard event?

Barring any conflicts, yes. I enjoyed their set last weekend, from a creative standpoint that is.

Californicator
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM
At least the haircuts were on point.

nationocean
04-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Yes, i know this is just some 'put on'

I've known that since the beginning.. but they still sound horrible. I don't care if it was real or fake, still really stupid..

exx post facto
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes, i know this is just some 'put on'

I've known that since the beginning.. but they still sound horrible. I don't care if it was real or fake, still really stupid..

LOL

exx post facto
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
ninja and yo-landi are definitely married and have had a kid.

and i hope to see them at HARD with mofokken flying lotus

ivankay
04-27-2010, 03:05 PM
i put these in my preliminary picture thread:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4544479742_79a511da79_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4544479998_2d12c57135_b.jpg

FoxeyLady
04-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I actually thought their set was quite entertaining. I walked over after Flying Lotus to see 2ManyDJ's and I forgot they were gonna be in the Sahara at that time. My friends and I just cracked up the entire set, it was pretty fun.

DeanSpang
04-27-2010, 03:37 PM
still dont know how they got that spot last minute

blackchango
04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FihsrlKIo3g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FihsrlKIo3g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

interview after coachella

SDsoldier7
04-27-2010, 06:21 PM
^This keeps getting better and better. ha.

Ninja got mad flows yo.

FoxeyLady
04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
3mj2s33jQ5I

"I think deep down I still love hip hop... kind of like how a parent would love a retarded child."

:lool

Geno_g
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Man I wish I caught this at Coachella, the picture of Ninja I saw, I thought it was Vanilla Ice and did a double take...

kneuller
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
you didnt miss anything i promise

zimmy1222
04-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Man I wish I caught this at Coachella, the picture of Ninja I saw, I thought it was Vanilla Ice and did a double take...

I did the exact same thing.

PrettyRagdoll
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
When I first heard he was announced I went out to watch a music video of his... And wow, I almost got through half of the song but I was starting to prefere suicide, so I took the safe rout and cut the shit off

halyem
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
i'll eat my words about them

i was so pissed cause i thought they were taking up valuable 2manydjs set time, but honestly they werent half bad.

the rap was interesting to say the least. when i watched the youtube videos i wanted to kill myself and thought (and still thiknk) they are terrible. but thats the thing, the music in those videos is shit. whatever they were bumpin @ coachella was some great DnB. the rapping is unique, ill say that, but the music was 100x better at coachella than it is in any of their videos. needless to say, i enjoyed it at coachella. had it been more than 20 minutes though, i'd have been back to wanting to kill myself. but it turned out to be a nice little interlude leading up to 2manydjs.

weezy f baby
04-28-2010, 04:28 AM
They were bad ass. They seriously killed it. Their bass was so heavy and their beats where hard.

Done and done. Can't wait to see them at HARD LA.

Ardentbiscuit
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Is it true they're signing to Interscope? And Neil Blomkamp is directing their next video?

rasooli
05-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Is it true they're signing to Interscope? And Neil Blomkamp is directing their next video?

maybe, considering both of them are from South Africa, but they are truly polar opposites.

neill blomkamp = one of the best the movie business has to offer

and

Die Antwoord = THE worst EDM has to offer.

District 9 was easily the best movie to come out in 2009, while Die Antwoord SUCKED it the hardest at Coachella. I was on such a musical high after Flying Lotus' revolutionary performance, but Die Antwoord immediately ripped it away from me.

Still-ill
05-15-2010, 01:54 AM
maybe, considering both of them are from South Africa, but they are truly polar opposites.

neill blomkamp = one of the best the movie business has to offer

and

Die Antwoord = THE worst EDM has to offer.

District 9 was easily the best movie to come out in 2009, while Die Antwoord SUCKED it the hardest at Coachella. I was on such a musical high after Flying Lotus' revolutionary performance, but Die Antwoord immediately ripped it away from me.

Which classes did you take again?

rasooli
05-15-2010, 02:12 AM
thats old news.

thedevious
05-15-2010, 03:25 AM
I kinda like some of it, the producer(the fat dude)is straight fucking kitchen sinkin' that shit. I'm in a place right now where I can appreciate that.

Didn't catch the set though.

rasooli
05-15-2010, 03:41 AM
You're lucky you didn't. It was TERRIBLE.