PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you scalpers

weezy f baby
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM
The title is self explanatory. Scalpers are scum.

marooko
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
You know how you say fuck you to scalpers? DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! At all! You support them once and you never get to complain again.

captncrzy
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree.

I've reported two scalpers on here in the last 12 hours-one of which was trying to sell the rights to overtake his hotel room reservation.

DFrank
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
what a nark.

Ive been looking to buy a ticket and have not been able to find anyone selling at face value. Be kind or make 400 dollars? Hmm..

weezy f baby
04-14-2010, 11:28 AM
You know how you say fuck you to scalpers? DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! At all! You support them once and you never get to complain again.

I didn't say i bought from scalpers. I said their scum. That statement alone means I am not supporting them.

weezy f baby
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
what a nark.

Ive been looking to buy a ticket and have not been able to find anyone selling at face value. Be kind or make 400 dollars? Hmm..

Making $400 by exploiting someone. That's fucked up. $400 isn't that much money... not enough to ruin someone else's day.

If that were the case, everyone would sell drugs and guns.

captncrzy
04-14-2010, 11:36 AM
what a nark.

Hey, dick! The rules are pretty clear. No scalping. And if you were too fucking stupid to buy a ticket before they sold out, even with multiple warnings that they were selling out, that's your problem.

jgd855
04-14-2010, 11:46 AM

don't get me wrong, i hate scalpers as much as the next guy, but i really don't like this mentality. all not paying a scalper is gonna do for you is make you pissed when you miss what could be one of the best years in coachella history. it isn't like someone else isn't just gonna buy that ticket (trust me, they will, probably for more).

any tangible good is as valuable as a person is willing to pay for it, ridiculous as it may seem. regardless, it is failure of the regulators in charge of the tickets sales (ticketmaster) in their attempts to prevent it. do you think it is really that hard to implement a 'ticket with a name' type service to prevent scalping? you could return the ticket if you couldn't go. i am sure ticketmaster LOVES scalpers, they sell out shows, even if the show isn't a sell out.

i guess all i am really trying to say is, blame the problem, not the symptom.

Blinken
04-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Making $400 by exploiting someone. That's fucked up. $400 isn't that much money... not enough to ruin someone else's day.

If that were the case, everyone would sell drugs and guns.

No one is getting exploited. The buyers pay a premium because they didn't buy their tickets soon enough. A number of them chose to wait hopping to find someone desperate enough to sell them tickets at less than face value.(which if you ask me is more exploitive) It didn't work out that way now the sellers have the power over the buyers.

TomAz
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
If it weren't for scalpers I don't think I'd ever make it to a Suns game.

TomAz
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
No one is getting exploited. The buyers pay a premium because they didn't buy their tickets soon enough. A number of them chose to wait hopping to find someone desperate enough to sell them tickets at less than face value.(which if you ask me is more exploitive) It didn't work out that way now the sellers have the power over the buyers.

This.

Plus, the whole notion of 'exploitation' seems silly... we're talking about an extreme luxury item here. Not food or shelter.

canexplain
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I know some well off people that never buy their tickets ahead of time. They just figure they can get some of the best tickets from a scalper and they don't care what the cost is. They screw up the system too ...

JustSteve
04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
i hate when grocery stores sell shit for more than they pay for it. f'n scalpers.

tigermilkboy
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Let us see...tickets went on sale and were plentiful for months-fair warning was given by the admin on this site. Now it is sold out! I am sorry but I have no sympathy for anyone without a ticket. Tough if they have to use a scalper, maybe they will learn the lesson. Buying in Jan for $300 is cheaper than buying in April when it is sold out.

Leeartlee
04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Whatever the arguments anyone might have about "waiting too long makes it your problem", people who buy several extra tickets with the intention a) Lowering availability and b) To gouge people down the line is lame. It just is. Sure they are making money, but in a very shitty and shady fashion.

tigermilkboy
04-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Whatever the arguments anyone might have about "waiting too long makes it your problem", people who buy several extra tickets with the intention a) Lowering availability and b) To gouge people down the line is lame. It just is. Sure they are making money, but in a very shitty and shady fashion.

I doubt many scalpers/ticket brokers buy these kinda tickets. They are expensive and are general admission-they'd rather buy and sell front row tickets to Jonas Brothers or something. The biggest ticket resale site (stubhub) only has three tickets, so it wasn't scalpers who have scooped up hundreds or thousands of tickets. More it is people who bought with the intention of going and now see a profit to be made.
You might say it is a 'shitty way' to make money, but is it less shitty than working for banks/military/lawyers/marketing or numerous McJobs?