PDA

View Full Version : So...when do they open up more 3-day tickets?

SoCoolAZ
02-28-2007, 05:48 AM
It is quite obvious that there are tickets still available...this is a ploy that ticketing agents do in order to curb the scalping business...though after looking on ebay this morning, I would say that it is hardly being curbed. My question is, during past Coachella's (where I have heard from some fairly reliable sources that tickets had sold out and then began leaking out through ticketmaster) what date did these leaks begin to occur? I have a brother who is planning to come out from Michigan and I would feel much more secure having tickets in hand than going to Indio and hoping beyond hope that they open up the box office, weekend of the show...That is never a good plan...too many bummer dead shows in the 90's being either ripped off on the price of tickets, being sold FAKE tickets or gate-crasher's wrecking it for the entire crowd...

CrB

psychic friend
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
oh geez.

wmgaretjax
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM
yawn

BoneDaddy
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
They will likely go on sale the end of January, beginning of February '08, assuming that it's 3 days again next year.

minus_blindfold
02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
They will likely go on sale the end of January, beginning of February '08, assuming that it's 3 days again next year.

haha wow.. talk about reading the question wrong

bmb555
02-28-2007, 12:08 PM
no i think he read it correctly...if the guy is asking when he will be able to buy more 3 day passes from ticketmaster...then february 08 sounds about right

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-28-2007, 12:19 PM
never...

fatboy192
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM

i liked that, lol

Cocabean
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
If it's like the previous years, tickets will be released late march early april. Every year they've released more tickets in the last month-2months.

Kangaroo5
02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't remember there ever being a sudden release of tickets in past years. Then again was it ever declared sold out in past years? Nevertheless, if anything I do remember tickets being sold at the site of the venue either through the box office or some other means and I believe there were random scalpers here or there near the parking lots.

Cocabean
02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
They released few thousand last year when madonna was announced on the lineup. I remeber them selling out 04 and 06.

psychic friend
02-28-2007, 02:10 PM
that is not true, it wasnt sold out when madonna was announced so there were no tickets released, they were still on sale.

Kangaroo5
02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
06 and 04 sold out? It didn't seem that packed at all, people were coming and going throughout the day I'd imagine, although when Madonna showed up I hightailed it outta there. Hmm but yes she was announced to the lineup last minute and as a result more tickets were made available. Is it even possible that they would announce another band last minute like that, that would draw a crowd and hence promote the idea for new ticket releases?

Cocabean
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Coachella is known for adding last minute bands. 04 was Beck, Del, Mf Doom

C DUB YA
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
how about not at all.

the claim they've released tickets in past years is completely false, there have been day of releases, but thats it.

sorry folks

C DUB YA
02-28-2007, 03:14 PM
06 and 04 sold out? It didn't seem that packed at all, people were coming and going throughout the day I'd imagine, although when Madonna showed up I hightailed it outta there. Hmm but yes she was announced to the lineup last minute and as a result more tickets were made available. Is it even possible that they would announce another band last minute like that, that would draw a crowd and hence promote the idea for new ticket releases?

its been crowded for me since 04, but i also compare it with th crowds in 99 and 2001

C DUB YA
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
It is quite obvious that there are tickets still available...this is a ploy that ticketing agents do in order to curb the scalping business...though after looking on ebay this morning, I would say that it is hardly being curbed. My question is, during past Coachella's (where I have heard from some fairly reliable sources that tickets had sold out and then began leaking out through ticketmaster) what date did these leaks begin to occur? I have a brother who is planning to come out from Michigan and I would feel much more secure having tickets in hand than going to Indio and hoping beyond hope that they open up the box office, weekend of the show...That is never a good plan...too many bummer dead shows in the 90's being either ripped off on the price of tickets, being sold FAKE tickets or gate-crasher's wrecking it for the entire crowd...

CrB
this is a really dumb theory.

d_apathy
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Most likely none. The venue does not hold the capacity to fit that many people, and if you plan on buying tickets from the box you're insane. Good luck in getting any at that point.

DeltaSigChi4
02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Why would you be insane to camp out at the box?

Unless you're rich, that's your only hope right now.

E

d_apathy
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Why would you be insane to camp out at the box?

Unless you're rich, that's your only hope right now.

E

I doubt they'll release anymore tickets at the box. If anything you're just prime bait for scalpers.

suprefan
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM

CrB

You forgot one answer to the poll.. NEVER..............

LACrimes
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Umm they already did open up more 3-day tickets, some for less than ticketmaster prices!!!

psychic friend
04-11-2007, 05:04 PM
friday - friday - the very last of the unused artist holds released on ticketmaster.

Snakeface
04-11-2007, 09:02 PM
psychic friend, are you serious? if so do you have any other info? will it only be 3 day passes or will singles be available? thank you

psychic friend
04-12-2007, 07:17 AM
see subject line

gaypalmsprings
04-12-2007, 07:52 AM
friday - friday - the very last of the unused artist holds released on ticketmaster.

Do you know what time on Friday?

psychic friend
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
last I heard around noon but the time could change at anytime with no warning for no reason so I dont really know what time. Friday time.

gaypalmsprings
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I love Friday time, almost as much as Saturday time.

BeeII
04-13-2007, 02:38 PM
you can get them NOW, i just tried and it worked.