PDA

View Full Version : Why I need a ticket at face value more than anyone else.

arlyn
04-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Can anyone manage to part with 1 3-Day pass at face value? I know you could get more, but hear me out. Selling one ticket at face value will make or break Coachella for 3 people!. I don't have a lot of money. I bought my camping ticket via layaway. It is being held will call. I slowly managed to save up airfare, and bought that. then I saved up for the ticket. It was getting too close, and i didn't have enough, so I asked my girlfriend take out a cash advance at a payday-loan store in order to purchase my tickets. we tried saturday but the store was closed by the time she got there. we did it monday. i went home to buy the ticket and it had sold out mere hours before. I can't camp without a fest ticket. That's a new rule this year. My friends both have fest tickets but no camping. I need to be there in person to get my camping ticket or my two friends are screwed, i'm coming from wisconsin, and this is my 3rd coachella, it's my friend from michigan and my friend from san diego's first time; they are going because of my recommendation of the festival. It took me until 4 days before the fest to get the ticket price together. i'm not going to be able to afford 600, or even 400 for a 3-day pass in time. Could someone help me out if you have any left?

Thanks, Arlyn.

gaypalmsprings
04-13-2010, 06:28 AM
http://991.com/newgallery/Mari-Wilson-Cry-Me-A-River-409012.jpg

arlyn
04-13-2010, 06:35 AM
yeah, because wanting to buy tickets is tantamount to being a whiner. I guess that just makes me one of 75,000+ whiners that were/are interested in buying/having tickets to Coachella, including you. Sorry I was late to your tear party, doesn't mean i want to be there any less. I'm sure I could get a "The Crying Game" reference out of the combination of your handle and that picture, but why not go the high route?

cassett
04-13-2010, 06:43 AM
yeah, because wanting to buy tickets is tantamount to being a whiner. I guess that just makes me one of 75,000+ whiners that were/are interested in buying/having tickets to Coachella, including you. Sorry I was late to your tear party, doesn't mean i want to be there any less. I'm sure I could get a "The Crying Game" reference out of the combination of your handle and that picture, but why not go the high route?

this is not helping your cause

arlyn
04-13-2010, 06:48 AM
this is not helping your cause

No, but your comment, as well as gaypalmsprings comment is not helping my cause.

My comment didn't affect my cause at all.

If you really think there's a soul on here that would have sold me a ticket for facevalue, but decided not to based on my retort to that troll -then you're out of your fucking mind.

cassett
04-13-2010, 06:52 AM
No, but your comment, as well as gaypalmsprings comment is not helping my cause.

My comment didn't affect my cause at all.

If you really think there's a soul on here that would have sold me a ticket for facevalue, but decided not to based on my retort to that troll -then you're out of your fucking mind.

Well first you came off as an innocent nice guy who fuked up and needed help. Now, u don't seem too nice. Keep it up and no one will feel bad ignoring your plea

gaypalmsprings
04-13-2010, 06:57 AM
There are lots of listings on Craigs List. Try there.

arlyn
04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
There are lots of listings on Craigs List. Try there.

I'm using searchtempest.com to search craigslist in EVERY locale, not just in my area or LA or whatever. I'm calling, emailing and texting every viable source. The problem is it took me until yesterday to save up face value. I'm not going to have 500-800 dollars by tomorrow when i fly out. i'm trying every outlet to find a ticket at around 305. This is just one of those outlets.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm using searchtempest.com to search craigslist in EVERY locale, not just in my area or LA or whatever. I'm calling, emailing and texting every viable source. The problem is it took me until yesterday to save up face value. I'm not going to have 500-800 dollars by tomorrow when i fly out. i'm trying every outlet to find a ticket at around 305. This is just one of those outlets.

This guy on Craigslist has 3 tickets and wants 350$ apiece (will sell separately). Even from Ticketmaster directly they were 310.00 or close to it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tix/1689764689.html

And don't pay any attention to the ghouls on this board that have nothing better to do with their lives than virtually piss on people here. Good luck man! If I had an extra I would sell it to you.

arlyn
04-13-2010, 07:39 AM
This guy on Craigslist has 3 tickets and wants 350$ apiece (will sell separately). Even from Ticketmaster directly they were 310.00 or close to it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tix/1689764689.html

And don't pay any attention to the ghouls on this board that have nothing better to do with their lives than virtually piss on people here. Good luck man! If I had an extra I would sell it to you.

thanks for the tip, i'll look into it.

i don't mind trolls, i basically am one. i don't hold "the cry me a river" stuff to heart. I'd do the same thing, even though in my heart i hope everyone who wants to and can afford to can make it. I know everyone around here is the same. Coachella is an experience that is made richer by sharing, comaraderie and community.

PlayaDelWes
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Why I need a ticket at face value more than anyone else

Why you should give me money so I can buy a ticket at fair market value

fixed

What you are doing is limiting your cry for help to only those with extra tickets. Why don't you just straight up ask for money?

HunterGather
04-13-2010, 08:10 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2lmqxs8.jpg

arlyn
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Fair market value? Auctions on ebay and listings on CL selling 8-10 tickets for 600-800 a piece is fair market? it's fair to buy more tickets than you can use with the intent on selling them at a higher value later? it's fair to circumvent ticketmaster customer ticket limits by using multiple accounts to bypass the single-user ticket limit? No dickhead, that's not fair market, which is why it's illegal. Scalpers are a thorn in the industry's side, they take money away from bands and promoters and rob the concert experience from the people that the bands and promoters play music and and organize shows for. Which is why it's illegal to list tickets for more than face value according to the Terms of Service of eBay, Craigslist, and this site. So maybe I'm asking for a handout. But I'm also asking for only one person, out of all of the people that have an extra ticket, to care more about coachella, the bands that play there, the festival experience, OR people than breaking the law for greed. Which might be unrealistic, but it's not too much to ask, and it's ridiculous that you would berate me for trying to attend coachella or post asking to buy (at the market value that was decided to be FAIR by Goldenvoice, no less, not asking for them to be free.) in a forum dedicated solely to buying/selling/and trading tickets at face value. Why don't you go fuck yourself? you obviously don't get what is important here. do everyone a favor and sell your ticket at above face value and take advantage of someone's desperation and love of music so you can get a "fair" price for an item you obviously believed was a fair price when you bought it.

Why I need a ticket at face value more than anyone else

Why you should give me money so I can buy a ticket at fair market value

fixed

What you are doing is limiting your cry for help to only those with extra tickets. Why don't you just straight up ask for money?

gkrablin
04-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Shutup you stupid bitch. You are a terrible planner and no one gives a shit if your poor ass gets to go to Coachella or not. Get your fucking "friends" to spot you some money. You will be having to pay for a lot more than a ticket once you get there so if you can barely afford that, you're still fucked.

arlyn
04-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Shutup you stupid bitch. You are a terrible planner and no one gives a shit if your poor ass gets to go to Coachella or not. Get your fucking "friends" to spot you some money. You will be having to pay for a lot more than a ticket once you get there so if you can barely afford that, you're still fucked.

yeah i should have planned on it selling out two hours before i tried to purchase. everyone who got a ticket got one because they planned on it selling out, and they're so much better planners for that fact. If only i was a better planner. Not to mention the fact that I should borrow money in order to buy scalped tickets. Great advice.

God do people really think this way? I don't need money, i need(ed) a ticket at a fair price.

I will be having to pay alot more than the price of a sold out 2010 ticket when i get there? that's werid because I've been to many festivals including coachella multiple times, so I think I have a pretty fucking good idea of what to expect, and I'd have to disagree that i need 600-800 dollars to survive for 3 days in a tent.

Nail in the coffin: someone does care if my friends and i make it, because i was able to get a ticket i could afford. I was poor and didn't have a ticket and sad. Now I'm poor but I have a ticket and I'm happy. Whatever your case is, you're a miserable bitter bastard and wrong.

thisdj
04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
haha gkrablin, you fail at making people feel bad.

arlyn, glad you were able to find a ticket. come find me i'm with the bbq group. i'll make sure you get fed. :)

see y'all there, suckaaaas!! :D

BROKENDOLL
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Well first you came off as an innocent nice guy who fuked up and needed help. Now, u don't seem too nice. Keep it up and no one will feel bad ignoring your plea
QFT
Seems like you did the whole thing backwards too. Camping ticket, airfare, then worry about the ticket? Think about it...If you hadn't bought the camp pass, you might have atleast gotten a ticket when they had them.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-13-2010, 10:08 AM
yeah i should have planned on it selling out two hours before i tried to purchase. everyone who got a ticket got one because they planned on it selling out, and they're so much better planners for that fact. If only i was a better planner. Not to mention the fact that I should borrow money in order to buy scalped tickets. Great advice.

God do people really think this way? I don't need money, i need(ed) a ticket at a fair price.

I will be having to pay alot more than the price of a sold out 2010 ticket when i get there? that's werid because I've been to many festivals including coachella multiple times, so I think I have a pretty fucking good idea of what to expect, and I'd have to disagree that i need 600-800 dollars to survive for 3 days in a tent.

Nail in the coffin: someone does care if my friends and i make it, because i was able to get a ticket i could afford. I was poor and didn't have a ticket and sad. Now I'm poor but I have a ticket and I'm happy. Whatever your case is, you're a miserable bitter bastard and wrong.

Cool!! Glad you got one dude! Hope to see you there!

arlyn
04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
QFT
Seems like you did the whole thing backwards too. Camping ticket, airfare, then worry about the ticket? Think about it...If you hadn't bought the camp pass, you might have atleast gotten a ticket when they had them.

Camping was the first priority due to the 10x30's; it was obviously going to sell out. Airfare was next because the prices get higher the closer you are to your fly out date. There was no other way. It's easy to say that it's someones fault that they didn't anticipate the moment it would sell out, but that's obviously not true.

PlayaDelWes
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Your sob story easily became shadowed by your anger, desperation, and regret.

General advice for other desperate folks in your situation:

People generally don’t show up to Indio, CA without festival tickets. Relatively, there are a lot more festival-goers who show up with extra tickets because they had a friend drop-out, etc… Those who have extra tickets become more willing to sell at lower prices as Friday afternoon nears.

Also, think of the dynamics of the typical buyer you will be competing with Thursday or Friday in the campgrounds vs. the typical buyer TODAY. Today you are competing with buyers who got shut out yesterday, in emergency mode, and have access to their checking accounts, paypal, credit cards, etc… Compare them to a typical buyer you will find at the festival itself. Do you think a bunch of high-rollers are gonna be strolling around with $600 in their wallet? $500? $400? Probably not. Most people’s daily ATM limit is $300 and anyone willing to pay more than that won’t in an unsecured, anonymous transaction right outside the gates.

mlgiardina
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
i'm not trying to be a dick, which i know doesn't make what i'm about to say any less dick-ish, but this is my first time going and i looked at the lineup and just assumed tickets would sell out, so i bought a ticket in february. also, PF posted SEVERAL warnings that it was about to sell out weeks ago.

on another note, why did you make your gf take out a loan instead of doing it yourself? maybe now you should sell your ticket at above the face value price to pay her back plus interest?

anyways, i'm sorry to scold you. i am glad you were able to get a ticket, but maybe learn a lesson this time?

gkrablin
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Still, you haven't addressed my first point. How are you planning on surviving over the 3 days?

Grocery store food, water, beer (maybe) - cheap but not cheap enough for you

Coachella vendors - convenient (poor people love convenient over saving; i.e. homeless people)

Begging for BBQ?? - total homeless move again

So, great decision making and budgeting. Get your fucking life together you hippie fuck. I feel sorry for any future children you have as I hope they won't starve to death because you just had to attend Coachella. Have fun! Dumbass.

higgybaby23
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Great thread. Would read again.

PlayaDelWes
04-13-2010, 11:53 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-dog-pictures-no-need-to-beg.jpg

JustSteve
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Also, think of the dynamics of the typical buyer you will be competing with Thursday or Friday in the campgrounds vs. the typical buyer TODAY.

one problem there, you are not allowed into camping without a festival ticket.

pancakespancakes
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
People generally donít show up to Indio, CA without festival tickets.

This is ridiculously untrue, although it still seems that they are outnumbered by those looking to get ride of tickets. Thousands of people come out for the festival without tickets, including sold out years, and many never even enter the gates.

PlayaDelWes
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
It is true. Generally, the 'buy' side is smaller than the 'sell' side. I used my words carefully for a reason and started my next sentence with a key word
Relatively, there are a lot more festival-goers who show up with extra tickets because they had a friend drop-out, etc…

You even said it yourself.

This is ridiculously untrue, although it still seems that they are outnumbered by those looking to get ride of tickets.

Lithium
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
this thread was worth the read. gonna scroll down again and lol at it.

hope you lose your ticket and cry like a homosexual, OP. everyone hates you and your girlfriend likes black wiener in her mouth. fuck you and die.