PDA

View Full Version : Hey, new people to this board. What you think?

ivankay
04-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Every year like the tide, new people flow in and then out. Some of us are like the seaweed and sand and stick around. i think this is the best message board ever. Just wondering what your thoughts were on the experience here so far. Feel free to post your reviews of the Coachella Message Board.

And to those of you who are comfortable enough to get up and grab something from the fridge here without asking, be nice.

JustSteve
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Some of us are like the seaweed and sand and stick around.

...and f'ing tar! i just ruined my pair of vans stepping in a crapload of it at the beach the day after it rained this week, damn you tar! where do you come from???

ivankay
04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
my condolences to your shoes. Ah, i miss the beaches of our youth.

TomAz
04-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Who gives a fuck what people think? Most people are barely able to turn a doorknob.

ivankay
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Just wonderin' oh great one.

obzen
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I like the analogy.

minogueCOMMAk
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I am new to this board and I am sticking around.
I like it here even though it is filled with "morons and assholes".
Most people are witty and funny.
I will be sticking around.

gaypalmsprings
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Who gives a fuck what people think? Most people are barely able to turn a doorknob.

http://thefrogge.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/alice-with-doorknob1.jpg

HunterGather
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/tooindie/gifs/hat.gif

adamnikyo
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM

When did you get so pointlessly cranky?

mountmccabe
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
When did you get so pointlessly cranky?

Hey new person, just answer the damned question.

jdaws
04-09-2010, 11:03 PM
i think it's just a big brown pile of poop. sweet n savory nuggets of rich mahogany

canexplain
04-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Did someone say mahogany :) Welcome new people, we have all kinds here.

Still-ill
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah it'll be interesting to see who sticks around. I have a bad feeling that Rasooli will... no one I've seen seems memorable.

scoliosisjones
04-09-2010, 11:59 PM
i was thinking the same thing it would seem that this board is definitely seasonal.. but its alot better than posting at the plurlife boards were the common thread asks if its ok for a pregnant woman to go to a rave

tessalasset
04-10-2010, 12:42 AM
the beach the day after it rained
there's the red flag right there.

i can't even tell who is new and who is not anymore.

psycobetabuckdown
04-10-2010, 12:46 AM
i can't even tell who is new and who is not anymore.

Look to the left of the text box, it has the date you joined. You joined in Nov. 2006, for example.

i was thinking the same thing it would seem that this board is definitely seasonal.. but its alot better than posting at the plurlife boards were the common thread asks if its ok for a pregnant woman to go to a rave

I've seen that question here, no joke

tessalasset
04-10-2010, 01:20 AM
thank you psycho. i should rephrase.

there are so many people on this board now that it shocks me when i see someone such as yourself whose screen name i really don't recognize and then read that they've been on the board as long as me. altho i vaguely recognize your sn. then there's the people who've been here for a year and have like 8,000 posts. everyone's just all over the place at this point.

i must say tho that the tinychat is really helping to personalize people. make them stand out in a crowd.

psycobetabuckdown
04-10-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't know how I feel about personalizing this - sounds awkward.

lunatic core
04-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I am mostly here to find out about music. As long as I keep finding new stuff thanks to my involvement here I will stick around. I originally dropped by because I want to go back to Coachella, but its not happening this year.

juloxx
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM

The fact that your on some board called "plurlife" should be your que to know that you are about to enter a realm of morons, buffoons, immature retards, and Candy Kids.

Risingson
04-10-2010, 10:09 AM
The board is fabulous. I look at it everyday and have a lot of laughs...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
04-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I hate this place, but I cant quit

Tendeafears
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I've been enjoying it, I don't have too much to say but I get a lot of laughs and info off these boards. And it gives me something to do when I'm obsessing bout Coachella. I'll be around but like I said I don't have much to say.

BlackSwan
04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
thank you psycho. i should rephrase.

there are so many people on this board now that it shocks me when i see someone such as yourself whose screen name i really don't recognize and then read that they've been on the board as long as me. altho i vaguely recognize your sn.

Psycho can be pretty memorable. If you've ever been in a political thread at the same time as him, you would know that he is a young libertarian who consistently says retarded things and always thinks he is right about them becuase of his crackpot ideology.

"The Beatles is..." Was you too, right psycho?

guedita
04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
The fact that your on some board called "plurlife" should be your que to know that you are about to enter a realm of morons, buffoons, immature retards, and Candy Kids.

I love that it's juloxx who is pointing this fact out.

Mr. Porter
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Maintaining a stronger message board reputation than real life FTW!

roscoemule
04-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Coachella is like the light at the end of winter's tunnel.
This board sustains me (since '05) through the awful months of Jan-Mar...until Coachella arrives. So thanks...even to the tards (Cloud9).

juloxx
04-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I love that it's juloxx who is pointing this fact out.

Someone had too do it. You were thinking it too.

TheWatcher
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
...and f'ing tar! i just ruined my pair of vans stepping in a crapload of it at the beach the day after it rained this week, damn you tar! where do you come from???

Baby oil will get the tar off.

psycobetabuckdown
04-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Psycho can be pretty memorable. If you've ever been in a political thread at the same time as him, you would know that he is a young libertarian who consistently says retarded things and always thinks he is right about them becuase of his crackpot ideology.

"The Beatles is..." Was you too, right psycho?

I'd rather say retarded things than troll people who say retarded things and never add anything myself.

And I don't know what that has to do with this thread, because I was mocking tessa...

StubbADubb
04-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Aside from getting ragged on occasionally, and dealing with your usual douchebags, I actually like the spirit of the board. The attitude has actually spilled into real life where I find myself giving smart-ass answers and laughing at my friends more often.

BlackSwan
04-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd rather say retarded things than troll people who say retarded things and never add anything myself.

The accusation that I never add anything myself is not true. Also, I've been a lot nicer this year.

And I don't know what that has to do with this thread, because I was mocking tessa...

And now I'm mocking you.

adamnikyo
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey new person, just answer the damned question.

I see what you did there.

pinkladyam
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Love the boards...I'm definitely going to stick around. However, I can take or leave the douchey assholes that have nothing better to do than move around the boards attacking ppl.