PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Camping with Zero Planning before hand?

snowwhyte
04-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Those of you that have done the Coachella thing before, what are the chances we'll make some awesome friends who will adopt us into their campsite day of the show? Considering we have failed so badly on the message boards...
If we dont, what are the chances we can drive an hour in one direction or another and find a place to stay?

CellarOwl
04-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Camping's vastly different this year so there's really no precedent for this. If it doesn't work out, you can try pulling up into Camp Walmart for the night.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-09-2010, 07:51 AM
ZERO!

canexplain
04-09-2010, 08:09 AM
If Coachella wasn't in the middle of the fucking desert it might not be so hard. Yes this is the first year for in and outs so no one at all knows for sure how this will go this year. Best of luck. If I were young and solo, I would have no problem giving it a shot.

JustSteve
04-09-2010, 08:28 AM
what are the chances of any major vacation going well without any planning? not good, i'd say.

canexplain
04-09-2010, 08:32 AM
what are the chances of any major vacation going well without any planning? not good, i'd say.

Now Steve, I know for me some of the best times/concerts I have attended are unplanned/last minute. You can plan from now till .... and it isn't a question if something might go wrong, but when will something go wrong. Then you get back up and continue with your quest for fun imo

Ravingmad
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Those of you that have done the Coachella thing before, what are the chances we'll make some awesome friends who will adopt us into their campsite day of the show? Considering we have failed so badly on the message boards...
If we dont, what are the chances we can drive an hour in one direction or another and find a place to stay?

Are you a hot girl? If so, your chances are pretty good.

CellarOwl
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Are you a hot girl? If so, your chances are pretty good.

Especially if you're DTF.

Corporate Cannibal
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
what they said.... how cute are u?

Media Blitz
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
If you're actually willing to drive a full hour every day, your options are pretty open. You can get to San Bernardino area from Indio in an hour, no?

JoeHedrick
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Problem with ins and outs and offsite camping I would imagine is TRAFFIC.

15 minute drive turns into a 2 hour and 15 minute drive.

But I could be very wrong, and I hope I am.

Corporate Cannibal
04-09-2010, 01:02 PM
If you're actually willing to drive a full hour every day, your options are pretty open. You can get to San Bernardino area from Indio in an hour, no?

San Bernardino is a little too far to me to be commuting back and forth... personally, i'd go no further than the Banning-Beaumont area which is about a 40 minute drive.

snowwhyte
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Haha thanks for the replies... well thanks for MOST of them.
I'd prefer not to use the "I'm a cute whore" approach, and aside from that I have a male friend coming with me.
Was thinking about the whole walmart thing.. not sure how close the nearest one would be though, might be less trouble just to book a hotel 2 hours away.
Guess I'll just have to see how friendly people are :]

Cheddar's Cousin
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
You prefer not to, or you're not equipped to?