PDA

View Full Version : Farmers Market at Coachella!

Sawyer
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
For those who like to eat clean & healthy food, and also don't want to spend $6 for a little hot dog or slice of pizza like at most concerts... This year Coachella will have a Certified Farmers Market close to the campground (you'll see it!!!) and they are going to be offering fresh veggies, fresh squeezed orange juice, grapefruit juice, guacamole, salsa , apples, watermelon, organic coffee, fresh baked pastries, and much more. The best part is the prices aren't going to be crazy jacked up like you'd expect at a festival.

I don't stand to profit a cent from this endorsement, I'm actually volunteering there in the mornings to help all the local farmers get set up. I just want people to be aware of this healthy food option!! This particular group of farmers set up a few times a week in the Palm Springs area, and I've purchased from them every time I visit. The food is fresh, clean, delicious, and affordable, and will help give you the energy to party all 3 days!!!!

If anyone has any questions about the Farmer's Market, feel free to ask, and I'll get any info you need from the folks setting it up... Be sure to stop by and hang out for a bit!!!

daxton
04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
That sounds great. Tell me more about the coffee. Different roasts, or just one?

Sawyer
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
The Coffee guy usually has several different roasts. Last time I saw him I bought some coffee that had a hint of Cinnamon in it that was AMAZING... I'll try to get some more details for you about what he'll have available...

koryp
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
That sounds great. Tell me more about the coffee. Different roasts, or just one?

Right to the important questions! OP, thanks for the thread. We were hoping the market would help us cut down on the precamping grocery shopping. Also, hours of operation. When can I stumble over and get that fresh cup of organic elixer of life?

daxton
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
All I need is a strong cup of French Roast and a little milk. I'm not down with the flavors or sugar. Was planning on bringing my own but if there's no need I'll gladly save some space in my bag.

Cammo
04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Fresh squeezed on in the morning...awesome. great idea

Sawyer
04-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I'll get some more concrete answers after work today, but I'm pretty sure the market will be open EARLY!

I'm positive the coffee vendor will have good old fashion French Roast, as I've had his before, and it's outstanding!

I'll contact the people heading up the market later to find out some more info about hours, etc... In the meantime, keep the questions/comments coming!

koryp
04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
What can we expect on prices? I'm not looking for a price list, but just an idea. Should we expect Whole foods/Fresh market prices or slightly higher?

daxton
04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I'll get some more concrete answers after work today, but I'm pretty sure the market will be open EARLY!

I'm positive the coffee vendor will have good old fashion French Roast, as I've had his before, and it's outstanding!

I'll contact the people heading up the market later to find out some more info about hours, etc... In the meantime, keep the questions/comments coming!

Thank you!

Neighborhood Creep
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Will they sell organic condoms?

daxton
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM

And, if so, what flavors?

brfilora
04-08-2010, 08:44 AM
When you say "Close to the Campgrounds" I assume you mean just outside the Polo grounds?

Not that I'm aversive to a little walking to get to this place, just wanna have an idea on WHERE to go to find you guys, this is my first coachella.

Also to previous Coachella go-ers...If this market IS outside of the Coachella grounds, is it easy to walk out and then walk back into the grounds with a bag full of groceries and some coffee without having to wait through a long security line?

Josesativa
04-08-2010, 08:51 AM

haha im not sure i would trust organic condoms.. they would deteriate mid-fuck next thing you know.. at the next coachella you got a kid there named coachella or if its a girl coachellina

unknown
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I heard the farmer's market for Phish was great. Info on hours would be nice. Between this and davedejour I think I'll be eating plenty of delicious healthy food.

FoxeyLady
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm very happy about this! Fresh food... nom nom nom nom nom

juloxx
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
healthy food.... ewww

digitaldragon03
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
CON-MAN!

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Info on hours would be nice.

per the coachella email sent out yesterday

FARMERS MARKET FOR CAMPERS
Over 25 local Southern California farmers have gathered to provide an amazing selection of fresh fruit, veggies and other assorted treats. Open 7AM-2PM daily

daxton
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
coachella email?

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
yes, when you sign up for the email newsletter http://coachella.com/updates/newsletter (http://coachella.com/updates/newsletter), you get the emails we send out. Also the email goes to ticket buyers (that bought on ticketmaster.com).

tarrivi
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
coachella email?

yes, please enlighten me because i did not receive one

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
yes, when you sign up for the email newsletter http://coachella.com/updates/newsletter (http://coachella.com/updates/newsletter), you get the emails we send out. Also the email goes to ticket buyers (that bought on ticketmaster.com). ...

tarrivi
04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
well now that ive registered where can i find info from the email since it already got sent out?

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 11:21 AM
you missed the ones that were already sent out. you will get the next one that is sent out.

koryp
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks PF, you're so sweet, but I didn't get that email either.

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
if you were not signed up when it was sent out you wouldn't get it.
if you have ever "unsubscribed" from us, you wouldn't get it either.

you might also check your spam filter

koryp
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
if you were not signed up when it was sent out you wouldn't get it.
if you have ever "unsubscribed" from us, you wouldn't get it either.

you might also check your spam filter

That makes sense, so what's your favorite organic food?

miscorrections
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm quite excited about this. It'll be so nice to have some good fruit and coffee for breakfast!

daxton
04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Would someone be so kind as to post that email some of us missed?

guedita
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Dear Festival Goer,

It's almost time! Check out all the info below and stay tuned for next week's email with set times, maps & more important festival updates.
CARPOOLCHELLA
Let's start out with this important cause. Everyone should be carpooling as much as possible. Campers and non campers alike. There is even a chance to win VIP for life. CLICK HERE

LOCAL AREA SHUTTLES
We are providing a safe, convenient and hassle free alternative to driving to and from the festival grounds each day for those of you staying in the La Quinta, Indian Wells, Palm Desert & Rancho Mirage areas. There will be continuous shuttles running from the Embassy Suites La Quinta, La Quinta Resort & Spa, Hyatt Grand Champions, Renaissance Esmeralda, Indian Wells Resort, JW Marriott, & Embassy Suites Palm Desert. For more information and purchase details
CLICK HERE

VOLUNTEERS
It's not too late to go to Coachella practically FREE!!! Spots have opened up on our Work Exchange Team where you can work in exchange for a full weekend festival pass, camping and festival t-shirt. Don't miss your chance to be a part of it all. Volunteers will be required to work a minimum of 18 hours throughout the weekend and submit a deposit which is fully refundable after you complete your obligations. Sign up & details: CLICK HERE

iPHONE APP 2010
The update to the Coachella iPhone App includes cool new features and enhancements to existing functionality. Find your parking/camping spot, improved friend finding, offline, interactive map caching & more. CLICK HERE

ANDROID APP
We heard your cries. Introducing the new official Coachella Android app. Similar features to the iPhone app & will be improved with future festivals. CLICK HERE

COACHOOSER
Visit the Coachooser and pick what bands you plan to see and wait for your customized schedule to appear. Also works with the iphone app. CLICK HERE

fold NEWLY ADDED VIP ROSE GARDEN

Quite possibly the world's biggest rose garden.
But definitely the most bad ass! All VIP's will love our new 2 acre area with a full bar and spectacular views. Located directly adjacent to the Sahara Tent, please stop by and smell the roses.

EARLY BIRD CAMPERS!
Campers arriving to their camp spots by midnight on Thursday should be on the look out to get a raffle ticket. (Camp counselors passing them out as you get to your camp spot.) Some prizes include: VIP & Backstage Passes, Coachella Merch, Vendor Food Tickets & a Roller Derby Skate pass. The internet tent will have the prizes and a list posted of all the winning numbers and corresponding prizes at 10am Friday morning

5® GUM PRESENTS LIVE WEBCAST
Want to experience Coachella like never before? Tune into the 5® Gum Facebook page April 16-18 for an EXCLUSIVE WEBCAST featuring three live feeds that create a unique viewing experience for everyone. Want to catch all your favorite Coachella acts? Create your personalized webcast itinerary now! CLICK HERE

CALLING ALL PINBALL WIZARDS: IN CAMPING AREA
Be sure to come play some pinball. (near the clubhouse).
Hours: Free play: 8a12p & 8p-11:30p Thu- Sun.
Competition: 12a-3a Thu-Sat (Day 1: match play, Day 2: semi finals, Day 3:championship) Guidelines: 1 game per player (unless nobody is waiting). 1 player per ball for match play. Games: Time Machine, Star Trek, Firepower, Road Kings, Playboy, Flying Carpet, Jumping Jack, Wizard. Categories: Total highest score, per game & overall, Best ball, Team play or single play. Prizes: Vip passes (high score prize), Merch Voucher, Coachella DVD, Shuttle Pass, Backstage Pass. Grand Prize: Tickets to 2011 Coachella, 2 boutique shirts & Coachella DVD. Please sign up for the competition ahead of time: pinball@coachella.com; please no naked wizards.
ALL FESTIVAL ATTENDEES WELCOME.

BASSFACE CAMPING SESSIONS

Come & Dance FRIDAY & SATURDAY 9pm - 3am
@ the clubhouse. VIEW LINE UP - CLICK HERE

COACHELLA ART STUDIOS IN CAMPING!

Create, share and prosper at The Coachella Art Studios.

Be a mover and create a shaker or play muse to a makeover crew. The Coachella Valley Art Scene presents a whole list of free D.I.Y. arts and crafts ready for your creative vision. Ever want to make your own zine, work with a hammer and nails or be a fashion designer? It's all ready for you, centrally located in the campgrounds next to the general store, from 10am-1pm. For all you who are naturally nocturnal, join our Midnight Craftsters after the show from 12am-2am.
For all Studio details CLICK HERE

COACHELLA MERCH WAREHOUSE SALE @ ROLLER DERBY RINK
Thursday 12p - sundown, before the Roller Derby starts.
Every piece of Coachella merchandise left over from previous years
will be on sale. Shirts will be $5 and a hoodie will be $10.

LATE NIGHT ROLLER SKATING PARTY IN CAMPING!
Please join us at the Down & Derby: A roller skate rink and party in CAMPING. It's the best old school roller skating party this side of 1979! Down & Derby will be open from 10PM to 3AM, Thurs - Sat. And, its only $5 for a 1 hour session. DJ's will be rocking your favorite roller rink hits from the 70's and 80's. Enter at your Own Risk - Skaters must sign a release form. (Participants can't bring their own skates). ALL FESTIVAL ATTENDEES WELCOME.

RALPHS SHUTTLES FOR CAMPERS
If there something that you need and can't find at the general store or the farmers market, hop on our free shuttles to the local Ralphs supermarket. Running Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 7AM - Noon

FARMERS MARKET FOR CAMPERS
Over 25 local Southern California farmers have gathered to provide an amazing selection of fresh fruit, veggies and other assorted treats. Open 7AM-2PM daily

AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS & RECORD STORE DAY
Record store day returns to Coachella with a boatload of Autograph Signings from bands such as MGMT, LCD Soundsystem, Spon, Sleigh Bells & more. Plus some incredible exclusive products from a diverse array of artists. For details
CLICK HERE

MICROSOFT STUDIO
Microsoft brings you the best place to connect with friends while at Coachella. Beat the heat in our air-conditioned tent and get comfortable. Recharge your phone at our charging stations, use our computers to share your experiences with friends back home and have chance to win VIP ticket upgrades throughout the day.

PlayStation®
Feeling a little toasted from the sun and want to chill out and relax in a world where entertainment is a touch away? Well that's easy...Stop by PlayStation HQ and Sony Play Create Share Workshop and step into a world that allows you to be in control. Play games like ModNation Racers and Gran Turismo 5 before their release, watch original content and rock out to your favorite bands on Rock Band and SingStar. Most importantly, brag to your friends that couldn't get themselves to the festival by renting an HD bloggie camera and showing them what they're missing by uploading to your favorite social media site! The more you play, the more chances you have to win VIP passes to upgrade your Coachella experience.

Talk to you again next week.

Love,
Team Coachella

daxton
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I love you

Corporate Cannibal
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
haha im not sure i would trust organic condoms.. they would deteriate mid-fuck next thing you know.. at the next coachella you got a kid there named coachella or if its a girl coachellina

Coacheeta.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 04:54 PM
is the Farmer's Market for campers only?
Or will it be available for all festival goers???

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 04:57 PM
anyone with a festival pass can go into any of the camping activities

Grant
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Coacheeta.

naw, ella would be ace for a lassie

shoegazer76
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Is this gonna be a real farmers mrkt with Amish folks selling smoked cheeses & maple granola?

Sawyer
04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
The Farmers market is going to be right next to the campgrounds, and will be available to ALL concertgoers! As stated before, it will be open 7am to 2pm, possibly a little later if the farmers are feeling up for it... There will be plenty of smoked cheeses and other tasty treats at affordable prices. I can't say exactly what the farmers will be charging as it's up to them, but they are only out there to make a living, not screw people over. When I've bought from these farmers in the past, the price has been comparable to any grocery store, but of a higher quality and much fresher...

koryp
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks Sawyer. I'm looking forward to stopping by.

psychic friend
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
The Farmers market is going to be right next to the campgrounds,

there are campgrounds all over the place.

but it should be on the map so people will be able to find it :lips

Stickjohn
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
If this map drops the same time as the set times do my mind will explode.

Sawyer
04-08-2010, 09:12 PM
there are campgrounds all over the place.

but it should be on the map so people will be able to find it :lips

I agree, it should be on the map, but alas, it is out of my hands...

The email I got from the market folks said it will be "right among the campers. By both car camping campgrounds..."

TheClares
04-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm definitely happy for these options, it truly makes not being able to leave with your car from camping much more acceptable. Also, for those coming from out of state, no worries about bringing fresh fruits and veggies through the Agricultural check at the CA border.

karecares
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
looking forward to having this as an option this year :)

chiapet
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty pleased with this too. In general the added amenities & late night stuff are looking good. Great work, GV :)

drewniverse
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Local foods at reasonable prices? Count me in!

This is going to cut my shopping down considerably.

tinyrainsundrop
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I am so excited for the Farmers Market...it will be so much better then fried over priced food. And of course really strong great coffee! :thu

3eyes
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I am willing to bet that the prices will be more expensive than what everyone here is thinking.

alcoholicgifts
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
This is already shaping up to be the best $300 I've ever spent.

chrisgolden77
04-13-2010, 06:37 PM
For those who like to eat clean & healthy food, and also don't want to spend $6 for a little hot dog or slice of pizza like at most concerts... This year Coachella will have a Certified Farmers Market close to the campground (you'll see it!!!) and they are going to be offering fresh veggies, fresh squeezed orange juice, grapefruit juice, guacamole, salsa , apples, watermelon, organic coffee, fresh baked pastries, and much more. The best part is the prices aren't going to be crazy jacked up like you'd expect at a festival.

I don't stand to profit a cent from this endorsement, I'm actually volunteering there in the mornings to help all the local farmers get set up. I just want people to be aware of this healthy food option!! This particular group of farmers set up a few times a week in the Palm Springs area, and I've purchased from them every time I visit. The food is fresh, clean, delicious, and affordable, and will help give you the energy to party all 3 days!!!!

If anyone has any questions about the Farmer's Market, feel free to ask, and I'll get any info you need from the folks setting it up... Be sure to stop by and hang out for a bit!!!

i love you! i have always been health conscious and i dont entent to ruin it just because of a concert! but i mean if i had to i wouldve but still its nice to know theres still other people in america who like to stay healthy