PDA

View Full Version : 10x30 spot.

randomh3ro1
04-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Ok so i borrowed a tent from a friend, bought a canopy, and driving my friends car. I wanted to see how much space there actually was, check out what we can actually fit in our spot and to see if all this shit would fit in his car.

So just to let you all know.... 10X30 really isnt alot of space. so pack your shit neatly and ontop of each other and you should be fine. I probably shouldve taken a picture of the set up but whatever.

most cars. unless your rocking one of theses..........
http://www.walyou.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/world-tiniest-car2.jpg

are going to take up half the space.
our car is a two door chevy caviler (tiny car atleast thats what i thought) and its still 14ft long. so theres half of our spot. then a 13X9 tent to sleep us comfortably. and a 10x10 canopy. Now you do the math, (which idk if some of you fools can do but...) it comes out to 37feet of shit. So the perfect setup would be.......
and maybe your coachella neighbor wont have a problem with you encroaching on a foot or two of their space but....

Car first(depending on where they make you park your car. whether its at the front or back of the spot.)
Then the canopy in the middle(half way over the car or tent and it still leaves room to chill under the canopy.)
then your tent.
and we fit it all in our 10X30 spot.

either way all i wanted to let everyone know, that if your thinking your spot is going to have tons of empty space. rethink that, definitely shoulda taken a picture to make it easier for you guys but use your imaginations.

ELECtROjan
04-08-2010, 06:56 AM
better idea of the space....

HERE (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38373&highlight=sketch)

lucyinthesky91
04-08-2010, 06:58 AM
yeah, this is gonna be ridiculous. i have to somehow manage to fit four people into a 10 by 30 spot..plus the explorer we are driving. fuck

ELECtROjan
04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
get two 7x7 tents and you should be fine

thisdj
04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
that's why it's better to have a smaller car haha! suckas.

i got a 7x9 tent and a 13x9 canopy, and yes my car will still fit. :)

JustSteve
04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
i think all these people offering extra space to people without tickets are seriously underestimating how much 10x30 really is. gonna be a scene in the campgrounds, for sure.

M Sparks
04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
i think all these people offering extra space to people without tickets are seriously underestimating how much 10x30 really is. gonna be a scene in the campgrounds, for sure.

I'm so going to be "I told you so"-ing on Monday the 19th.