PDA

View Full Version : Double camp spot?

thirtytwo23
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
so me and my friends have two camping spots. as long as we show up together, could we combine spots and put up a HUGE tent (like a 20ft x 30ft tent)???

also, can we park our cars in our tents to keep them out of the hot sun?

thanks. any awesome pics of past years' setups would be appreciated

GaragePoet
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
"If your group is camping and driving more than one car to the festival, you must arrive together to be able to park & camp next to each other."

(via FAQ)

gaypalmsprings
04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
so me and my friends have two camping spots. as long as we show up together, could we combine spots and put up a HUGE tent (like a 20ft x 30ft tent)???

also, can we park our cars in our tents to keep them out of the hot sun?

thanks. any awesome pics of past years' setups would be appreciated

The inside of your tent will be MUCH hotter than the outside during the day.

thirtytwo23
04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
hmmm..... that is a good point gaypalmsprings. so what i'm really trying to figure out if its ok if we setup an old WWII tent, its about 20ft by 30ft... its huge, but will fit in two camp spots.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
hmmm..... that is a good point gaypalmsprings. so what i'm really trying to figure out if its ok if we setup an old WWII tent, its about 20ft by 30ft... its huge, but will fit in two camp spots.

If you have 2 spots and the tent fits within the two spots then you are OK.

JustSteve
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
car tent tent car firelane car tent tent car

like this.

Stickjohn
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Might depend if your spots are side by side or back to back. Looks like cars have to be parked at end of spot at fire lane. And an old army tent sounds like a lot of work.

mountmccabe
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I am bringing a 10' x 20' tent to set up in two adjacent spots.

I did a dry run last Saturday - first time setting it up in a few years - and got it figured out and marked so that it won't be all that bad to set up. It'll sure be easier than having to set up three separate tents to fit everybody and it'll be more fun, too.

At any rate for me it shouldn't matter if the spots we get are

car tent tent car
car tent

or

car tent
car tent
car tent

OK, fine, we actually have three spots, but there's another large tent for that other spot.

mountmccabe
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
What I'm saying is that I support the use of gigantic tents.

Stickjohn
04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Party in your tent when it rains.

Necie
04-10-2010, 10:53 AM
It probably pointless to ask if anyone knows whether or not we can request to be side by side with another group in order to have a 20x30 space rather then a 10x60 space huh? We both have 12x12 gazebos and were hoping to overlap upon each others site. DAMN this not knowing!! heh

Stickjohn
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Both groups would need to be there at same time - there's definitely no "saving" spots in car camping area. Personally I think it's more likely you'll be side by side but that's just a guess. All depends on how they route traffic and fill in the spots.

M Sparks
04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I personally believe you'll be back to back. I think everyone will have to drive down the MIDDLE of the camping spots and they will go left, right, left, right.

If not, everyone has to back into their spots. I could be wrong though, as that might be a tight turn, especially for the people going right.

Stickjohn
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I personally did not think of that. Your way would mean no backing into spaces (I'm assuming they will want front of cars facing out).

M Sparks
04-10-2010, 12:51 PM
However, that doesn't mean you couldn't say "Hey, can we get two in a row", and then the next two people take the two on the other side.