PDA

View Full Version : City of Indio... WTF?

elChurro
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/tix/1678229519.html

"So according to the promoter today, thing isn't selling out. This year the promoters gave out tons of passes throughout town to all the locals. I have a bunch of friends selling tickets too- DONT BUY FOR MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!!! We will be selling all week! Tickets are 250 on ebay and I want to sell mine without a listing fee right now. I have 100% feedback with over 100 items sold on ebay. I will give you my phone # and all info when we exchange cash through paypal. See you there!"

- shady Indio resident posting on craigslist. Probably related to someone on city council.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
scam.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
this was noted in the article that released a couple weeks ago when it was revealed that the curfew was being extended to 1Am...that hundreds (i don't recall the exact number) of passes were being allotted to the city.

This has nothing to do with anything selling out or not, it's called being courteous to one's hosts.

I doubt this is a scam, but he's ill-informed a bit.

biotoxicous
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
The city of Indio is receving
175 - one day passes
75 - VIP
50 - Main Stage
30 - Production
30 - Parking passes
and yet they use them all for them selves
selfish!

hypervera
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
The city of Indio is receving
175 - one day passes
75 - VIP
50 - Main Stage
30 - Production
30 - Parking passes
and yet they use them all for them selves
selfish!

I hope this is true, this help my plan to get a SINGLE DAY TICKET on saturday

plur.life
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
im interested in purchasing a ticket email me at cesar_gonzalez111@yahoo.com

fancy restaurant
04-08-2010, 02:04 PM
"So according to the promoter today, thing isn't selling out.

Why would an event promoter ever say that their event isn't selling out? Even if they've sold 0 tickets and the event is tomorrow, any decent event promoter is still gonna say:

"OMGZ! We're about to sell out! You better go BUY YOUR TICKETS RIGHT NOW."

it's called... Promotion.

canexplain
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
That means GV is giving the city about one half of one percent of the tics. I think the ROI will easily come to fruition.

elChurro
04-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Why would an event promoter ever say that their event isn't selling out? Even if they've sold 0 tickets and the event is tomorrow, any decent event promoter is still gonna say:

That's a quote from the ad i found on craigslist... a warning to others, the whole "after you pay me through paypal you get contact info" was what I was more concerned about.

dekr510
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM

hahaha

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
That's a quote from the ad i found on craigslist... a warning to others, the whole "after you pay me through paypal you get contact info" was what I was more concerned about.

He's trying to sell it to a local. Why would you give your phone number to random people before receiving payment?

Email me payment through Paypal, then I give you my phone number, then we figure out how to meet up so i can give you the ticket.

It's really easy to get your money back through Paypal if an item isn't delivered. What would be shady is if it were requiring Western Union.