PDA

View Full Version : OK SO Next Friday COULD be your Lucky day...

bama4278
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
IF by then you still have not found a place to camp!

BECAUSE
well, here's my story:

I'm all set to go to next week, I have my flight from TX and my friend to go with me
I have my tickets and my car camping pass
and 2 Coachella festivals under my belt

WE'RE. SET.

BUT
I kinda had a setback on Monday
long story short
I have cancer and have been going thru chemo since December
on Monday I found out I have pneumonia :(

By the time I fly out there on Thursday I'll be off my antibiotics
and should be feeling better

but
now I'm thinking I shouldn't camp outside if I can help it.

SO
I believe that I have secured an alternate place to stay that does not involve camping
but won't know if its for sure/legit until I arrive NEXT Friday (4/16) morning from LA.

If it DOES pan out, then I won't need my car camping pass or my tent.

SO, I just thought I would post this for those of you that are still trying to find a place to stay
that if you haven't found anything by NEXT Friday morning,
you can email me @ bama4278@yahoo.com or text me at 210.838.5729
and I'll let you know if my pass is still available.

Yes my camping pass is a TicketFast ticket. I'm honest and won't try to rip anybody off. Trust me, since my diagnosis this past August, I have had nothing but bad luck - heartache after heartache - struggle after struggle

I'm not going to suddenly turn in to a shitty human being

So I just wanted to put it out there
that I HOPEFULLY won't be needing mine - but won't know til NEXT Friday Morning.

So you can e-mail or text me NEXT Friday anytime after 10am if you're still in need of a camping pass and/or a tent
and I'll get back to you!

~Keri

unit300021
04-07-2010, 02:33 PM
wow, good luck with the cancer part, thats shitty, but like how your still going to coachella, thats the spirit

feather
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Coachella cures cancer! Our hearts are with you and I definitely admire your spirit :)

GnarVee
04-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Coachella cures cancer! Our hearts are with you and I definitely admire your spirit :)

THIS.

WhyTheLongFace
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Cancer can't stop Coachella!

bama4278
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks, everybody!

And if you see a bald chick walking around Coachella, say hi!!!!
:pulse

<-- that's me, but I think I still look different w/o hair :(

bama4278
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh, and BTW,
I know its a long way betw/ now and next Friday
so
if you've emailed me or texted me about the pass, but end up finding something before next Friday,
please email or text me again so I'll know not to contact you.

omdrazzi
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
May I hug you if I see you?

Thanks, everybody!

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks, everybody!

Bald chicks unite!!!! Don't worry sister...you won't be the only one! I have been without hair for two years now and I don't think it is coming back and I used to have nearly waist length blond hair. It has been so long now that when people are staring at me I think....why on earth are those people staring at me..??? Then I realize....OH YEAH....I don't have any hair! As long as the cancer stays away who I won't worry about the hair:-) We are so much more than just our hair!!!!! If you see another bald chick walking around Coachella say Hi....it might be me

BROKENDOLL
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
So what do you think you did that inspired God to give you cancer?
Speechless...

bama4278
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
May I hug you if I see you?

I would love a hug :D

unit300021
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM

wow, normally i think your funny and usually correct with statements, but thats just so wrong on so many levels.

trojans11
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
This made me smile. A lot.

bama4278
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM

I don't think it works like that.
Bad things happen to good people.
Good things happen to bad people.

All that really matters is how we play the cards we are dealt.
I'm playin for me.

I refuse to dwell on WHY this happened to me
a person could drive herself crazy doing that.

That's no good
and certainly no fun.

Geoblaze
04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
your fucked up man.. thats not funny..

bama4278
04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Bald chicks unite!!!! Don't worry sister...you won't be the only one! I have been without hair for two years now and I don't think it is coming back and I used to have nearly waist length blond hair. It has been so long now that when people are staring at me I think....why on earth are those people staring at me..??? Then I realize....OH YEAH....I don't have any hair! As long as the cancer stays away who I won't worry about the hair:-) We are so much more than just our hair!!!!! If you see another bald chick walking around Coachella say Hi....it might be me

I WILL say hi!
I've been without hair for 4 months so I'm still in the mourning period
:p

bama4278
04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm just asking a legitimately interesting question. When shit like that happens to people, there tends to be at least a moment where you wonder whether you're being punished for something, and if so, what?

Whether or not a person THINKS that is very personal to them.
And granted, yes some people have a moment where they have thought that.

But where are you are incorrect is in thinking that ASKING this question would ever be appropriate or "legitimately interesting"

entertainthehope
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
wow. our hearts are with you for sure! stay strong <3

Harrisment
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope it works out Keri and you are still able to attend and enjoy Coachella. Sending good vibes to my fellow Texan. :)

luckyface
04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm just asking a legitimately interesting question. When shit like that happens to people, there tends to be at least a moment where you wonder whether you're being punished for something, and if so, what?

I am sure you are asking the question in part based on what happened to you (your blood clot). Maybe a similar question went through your head. If so, did you come up with an answer?

BROKENDOLL
04-07-2010, 06:31 PM
When God drops His hand down, and slaps the shit out of you right now, I want you to think how legitimate His reasoning is...

Lynn163
04-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Sending positive vibes your way Keri! Hopefully your alternate place to stay comes through and you get to make someone very happy!

noolan
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM

When "this happens to people"... So, you as an individual have no experience of "this", so how can you decide if it is a legitimate question to begin with for these people? Is it a legitimate question for you to ask a woman if she deserved to be raped as a means of punishment from god? Would you want a loved one of yours to be subjected to random questions from complete strangers?

shytide
04-07-2010, 07:09 PM
wow... we need more people with such high spirits like you (:
hope everything works out for everyone, and good luck w/ your treatment!!

anevaude
04-07-2010, 07:44 PM
When God drops His hand down, and slaps the shit out of you right now, I want you to think how legitimate His reasoning is...

Why wait for God when you could do it yourself? Come 'ere, boy.

spork
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
good luck! stay positive!

you. are. retarded.

spun711
04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
take care and get well! lets dance if we run into each other!

Gin N' Jewz
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM

Dick.

Coachella will take all your worries away :). If not, make em better! Best of luck and wishes for you. Never lose faith! Bad things that happen to good people turn out good in the end :)

Suffacated
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Keri...
I'll pray for ya...and hope to see you at Coachella.

and Randy...
since you are more infectious than an oozing pustule, more repulsive than a festered asshole, and more in need of a cure than anyone fighting cancer, I'll pray for you too.

akilleeez
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM

Fuck...I knew I called you out, you fucking asshole. Stop your prying nuisances and readjust your mental program.

Neighborhood Creep
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Hope the OP overcomes her sickness. Hopes Monklish gets too close to the tesla coils.

Necie
04-07-2010, 11:16 PM

She was you in a past life.

akilleeez
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
She was you in a past life.

Bwahahahahahahaha...that gave me some needed giggles tonight. Mahalo ;-)

lostsoul86
04-08-2010, 01:30 AM
wow your a trooper! i hope life gets better for you! enjoy the festival its been my fav get away from life for the last couple of years smile laugh and never cry! see you at coachella! =)

brfilora
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm playin for me.

That's no good
and certainly no fun.

For the love of god, do not even acknowledge that sub-human piece of garbage "monklish". You sound like way too positive of a person to even see his posts. Do like so many on this thread have and put him on "ignore".

I will also give you a hug if I see you walking around at Coachella!

Josesativa
04-08-2010, 09:59 AM
i wanna hug you too and let you know that there are people who don't know you but still wish nothing but the best for you and want you to keep going strong!!!

brfilora
04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh .jpg[/IMG][/URL]

BROKENDOLL
04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Why wait for God when you could do it yourself? Come 'ere, boy.
Oh, it crossed my mind, but then I had a better idea, and I think it would be fun for everyone...Since he's just a scrawny piece of shit and supposedly lame in one arm, (Among other places, I'm sure.) I think it would be funnier to wait until his so-called Midget Toss gets started, then enter him in the toss without his knowledge. I just so happen to know where they dump all the horseshit from the polo season out there and I think with a little ingenuity, I could use my festival wristband to launch his worthless ass directly into the center of that shit pile where he belongs.

And to Keri, the OP, my thought and support are with you! Kudos for having the will and the strength to continue on fighting against the unexpected, undeserved, and unbiased battle known as Cancer. :thu

lotus081384
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
hey so i am working with the wet team and at first i thought i had it all until they sent me an email telling me that i can only have free tent camping and i had planned on sleeping in my car now i dont know what to do except haul all my junk to the spot they give me, im bringing a cooler full of food, a cooler with beer, and i smoke bud to im willing to share all with someone willing to let me park my car on their camp spot if you can be so awesome to do that please email me, i dont go on here much ..... lotus081384@gmail.com

BROKENDOLL
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9238/ignoreu.jpg
The first step towards a cure! Yes!

pinkladyam
04-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks, everybody!

You Are Totally Getting a Hi and a Hug!!! Also, you get so many kudos for telling cancer to kiss your ass and attending Coachella anyway!!

pinkladyam
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Keri...
I'll pray for ya...and hope to see you at Coachella.

and Randy...
since you are more infectious than an oozing pustule, more repulsive than a festered asshole, and more in need of a cure than anyone fighting cancer, I'll pray for you too.

^^this.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
wow.
You guys are the bees knees.

I'm overwhelmed with your positivity and awesomeness.

I hope you all say HI and/or give hugs
OR BOTH :lips

SoHungry310
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
If you see a big hairy guy come towards you, don't run away. That's just me!

I admire your positivity given the situation you are in!!

ROCK THE FUCK ON!

Paddy O'Furniture
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
wow.

If/when you see a guy dressed as Jesus, get my attention. It will be me and I want to meet and hug you too. You might be the sweetest person on this board. If I don't see you, have a fantastic weekend. Fuck Fuck Fuck Cancer...and Monklish.

brfilora
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
wow.

Whats your first name? So we dont have to refer to you as bama4278...

bama4278
04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Whats your first name? So we dont have to refer to you as bama4278...

I'm Keri :)

bama4278
04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
If/when you see a guy dressed as Jesus, get my attention. It will be me and I want to meet and hug you too. You might be the sweetest person on this board. If I don't see you, have a fantastic weekend. Fuck Fuck Fuck Cancer...and Monklish.

How awesome would a hug from Jesus be?!?!??!?!?!
SO awesome :winkiss

bama4278
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
If you see a big hairy guy come towards you, don't run away. That's just me!

I admire your positivity given the situation you are in!!

ROCK THE FUCK ON!

haha! Ok! I won't run away!
BIG BIG BIG HUGS!

Devin the Dude
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Randy has just garnered himself a spot in the Midget Toss 2010. All aboard, say "Aye!".

Paddy O'Furniture
04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Did some fucking cunt from this thread report my post just for asking a perfectly legitimate personal interest question, you goddamn morons?
When you're so hard up for attention you'll take it in negative form from an internet message board, you need to rethink your station in life. On the other hand, if you seriously believe your question was "perfectly legitimate" for any reason, you should shoot yourself. You're taking up valuable oxygen.

SoHungry310
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/fat-fail.jpg

Aren't you supposed to include a before picture?

That's what makes it before and after right?

guedita
04-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Monklish-- Barbara Ehrenreich addresses the "positivity movement" associated with (breast) cancer in her book, "Bright Sided." She basically asks and answers your very same question.

TallGuyCM
04-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't take advice too seriously from someone who thinks "Paddy O'Furniture" is humorous. Because it's reeeeeally not.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Monklish-- Barbara Ehrenreich addresses the "positivity movement" associated with (breast) cancer in her book, "Bright Sided." She basically asks and answers your very same question.

Did she happen to mention if someone she has never met asked her that question?

I'm assuming she was just sharing a personal experience - perhaps maybe a moment where she felt this
or maybe she asked or was asked this for the purposes of her book.

I highly doubt she would think it "legitimate" to ask such a question on a message board where someone was just trying to alert others of the possible sale of her camping pass.

That's all I was trying to do, and now its being referred to as "The Cancer" thread.

Devin the Dude
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
It is not a legitimate question. This is why people don't like you. You pick on others who don't deserve it, and nobody gains anything from it. You're a dick, and that's all you are, and I hope it's not all you will ever be. Go away Randy. Come on man, just go away.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't buy this girl has cancer until I hear an answer to my fucking question.
I did answer your question, actually.

I'm playin for me.

That's no good
and certainly no fun.

Paddy O'Furniture
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Who cares if you don't "buy" that this girl has cancer? You're an insignificant asshole on a message board who asked a question only to illicit a wave of negative responses. When you realized you crossed a line of common decency, you changed your story like the spineless bastard you are. Don't pretend you were interested in her thought process you buffoon, no one's buying that.

rskapcat
04-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Randy, you know I'm usually on your team. But...really? Seems like an odd battle, even for you.

Paddy O'Furniture
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't take advice too seriously from someone who thinks "Paddy O'Furniture" is humorous. Because it's reeeeeally not.
Really? That's the best you could come up with? Oh no, some random message board guy doesn't think my screen name is humorous. He reeeeeeeally doesn't. Bravo.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
And ultimately that's kind of the truth. What were the things you regretted in your moment of doubt though? C'mon, give it up.

I had no regrets, actually.
As disgusting as it may sound, I'm a really good person.

When I was diagnosed I figured because my grandmother had breast cancer, and I've always taken after her, that I would probably get it too.

So when I was diagnosed, I thought well, yea. That makes sense.
But then I tested negative for the Breast Cancer gene, and was surprised that that is NOT why I got this.

My reason for getting it is a hormonal issue to put it quite plainly.
And you seriously can't throw a stone without hitting someone who either has cancer or loves someone who has cancer.

Its just...EVERYWHERE.
And with the exception of Lung Cancer being brought on by smoking
most of us get it, and there's just no reason why.

I'm one of those ppl.

guedita
04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Did she happen to mention if someone she has never met asked her that question?

I'm assuming she was just sharing a personal experience - perhaps maybe a moment where she felt this
or maybe she asked or was asked this for the purposes of her book.

I highly doubt she would think it "legitimate" to ask such a question on a message board where someone was just trying to alert others of the possible sale of her camping pass.

That's all I was trying to do, and now its being referred to as "The Cancer" thread.

No, no one asked her that question outright, but she asks it of herself upon her diagnosis. And in regards to message boards, she does discuss how she started a thread on the komen message board entitled, "Angry," and how she was rebuked by other posters for not being solely positive. Mostly, Ehrenreich is looking to expose how the "pink-ribbon culture" and positivity-movement denies negativity/self-doubt/cynicism a potentially productive space. I agree with you that it's purposeless to dwell on the negative, but in response to Randy, Ehrenreich addresses the fact that many women with breast cancer participate in a culture that vehemently disallows cynicism, frustration, or self-blame. And while she recognizes that these emotions aren't necessarily good, they are natural, so it's problematic to her that they are purposefully repressed and avoided.

I do hope you get to help someone out with a camping pass if your other plans work out, and I also hope you have a great time at the festival.

SoHungry310
04-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Are you sure you didn't get it because you were tit-fucked so much? Or perhaps not enough?

Now you're just swinging blindly...

and hitting yourself in the ass.

spork
04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Are you sure you didn't get it because you were tit-fucked so much? Or perhaps not enough?

lolwut

brfilora
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
It is not a legitimate question. This is why people don't like you. You pick on others who don't deserve it, and nobody gains anything from it. You're a dick, and that's all you are, and I hope it's not all you will ever be. Go away Randy. Come on man, just go away.

^^^THIS^^^

bama4278
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
No, no one asked her that question outright, but she asks it of herself upon her diagnosis. And in regards to message boards, she does discuss how she started a thread on the komen message board entitled, "Angry," and how she was rebuked by other posters for not being solely positive. Mostly, Ehrenreich is looking to expose how the "pink-ribbon culture" and positivity-movement denies negativity/self-doubt/cynicism a potentially productive space. I agree with you that it's purposeless to dwell on the negative, but in response to Randy, Ehrenreich addresses the fact that many women with breast cancer participate in a culture that vehemently disallows cynicism, frustration, or self-blame. And while she recognizes that these emotions aren't necessarily good, they are natural, so it's problematic to her that they are purposefully repressed and avoided.

I do hope you get to help someone out with a camping pass if your other plans work out, and I also hope you have a great time at the festival.

of course a person has a right to feel negative.
It is unbelievably difficult to remain positive when you're handed a possibly terminal illness.

No one should tell anyone HOW to handle it.
How anyone chooses to process their feelings is so personal to them.

And thank you, I hope my alternate plans work out and I am able to help someone out that needs a place to stay. Enjoy Coachella!

bama4278
04-08-2010, 08:02 PM

I would guess "not enough"

IRSCOTT
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Cut your losses and leave.

Lithium
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
crazy, i got cancer too. i actually start chemo the monday right after coachella lol!

fight the good fight.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-08-2010, 08:09 PM
wow, good luck with the cancer part, thats shitty, but like how your still going to coachella, thats the spirit

wow, normally i think your funny and usually correct with statements, but thats just so wrong on so many levels.

your fucked up man.. thats not funny..

wow your a trooper! i hope life gets better for you! enjoy the festival its been my fav get away from life for the last couple of years smile laugh and never cry! see you at coachella! =)

This thread has really spurned an alarming amount of the misuse of "your" when people mean "you're".

bama4278
04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
So now that you're in remission or whatever are you going to try to titfuck more to hopefully stave off re-growth?

not in remission.

bama4278
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
crazy, i got cancer too. i actually start chemo the monday right after coachella lol!

fight the good fight.

You too!
Good Luck :thu

bama4278
04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Have you inquired of the doctors if titfucking could possibly have any benefits? Possibly in conjunction with the chemo? Possibly simultaneously?

nah. I no longer have "breast tissue"
the cancer is no longer in my "breasts" but rather in my blood

titty fucking would just be for fun - unlikely to have cancer-killing ability at this point, since "breast" cancer is just "cancer" now.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-08-2010, 08:25 PM
What kind of a fucked up world do we live in where one of the few women who finds titty fucking to be fun gets cancer?

bama4278
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
What kind of a fucked up world do we live in where one of the few women who finds titty fucking to be fun gets cancer?

hahaha! :lool

unit300021
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
This thread has really spurned an alarming amount of the misuse of "your" when people mean "you're".

yeah two of them are from me, i know the difference between the two, i just dont care enough about proper grammar on an internet message board, and who really cares?

malcolmjamalawesome
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
yeah two of them are from me, i know the difference between the two, i just dont care enough about proper grammar on an internet message board, and who really cares?

I've never understood this suggestion that there are people who have a perfect understanding and execution of grammar in non-internet-related situations, yet, in internet-related situations, feel so comfortable and relaxed that they, in fact, ignore the rules of grammar, as though there is such an increased level of effort needed to type "you're" instead of "your" that using the proper word would actually cause an otherwise casual internet session to become unacceptably stressful.

spork
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I've never understood this suggestion that there are people who have a perfect understanding and execution of grammar in non-internet-related situations, yet, in internet-related situations, feel so comfortable and relaxed that they, in fact, ignore the rules of grammar, as though there is such an increased level of effort needed to type "you're" instead of "your" that using the proper word would actually cause an otherwise casual internet session to become unacceptably stressful.

Can I get another comma?

rskapcat
04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you, MJA. My thoughts exactly.

guedita
04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I care deeply about proper grammar use.

unit300021
04-08-2010, 09:49 PM

All right, that answers my question then. I'll start using proper grammar then on here. Yes it is due to the fact you just made me look like an idiot and I respect that and you win.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I love you.

BROKENDOLL
04-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I had no regrets, actually.
As disgusting as it may sound, I'm a really good person.

When I was diagnosed I figured because my grandmother had breast cancer, and I've always taken after her, that I would probably get it too.

So when I was diagnosed, I thought well, yea. That makes sense.
But then I tested negative for the Breast Cancer gene, and was surprised that that is NOT why I got this.

My reason for getting it is a hormonal issue to put it quite plainly.
And you seriously can't throw a stone without hitting someone who either has cancer or loves someone who has cancer.
Its just...EVERYWHERE.
And with the exception of Lung Cancer being brought on by smoking
most of us get it, and there's just no reason why.
I'm one of those ppl.

Hey, check this out, everybody!
I'd like to introduce you to Keri. She's pretty new here on the board, and she made a thread titled, "OK SO Next Friday COULD be your lucky day..." It was with the intent of perhaps helping someone else should she end up having to sacrafice a part of her Coachella Weekend...Keri is fighting Cancer... and she's concerned about us having a lucky day...Think about that...

Keri, if indeed next Friday ended up being "that lucky day" for me, I'd love nothing more than to turn and give it to you...Much respect,
:thu Brokendoll

And now, if you'll pardon me while I change faces...:eek:

mprmusic
04-09-2010, 01:41 AM
I've seen this thread on the board for a few days, but didn't open it up to read it until now. Unbelievable.

Keri, it's amazing / inspiring to see how positive you are. Especially in response to intrusive and ignorant posts by some asshole stranger.

If on Friday you have not found an alternate camping solution - I assume you're looking for a condo or hotel? - let me know if you'd like some help (PM me), and I will gladly assist you in finding a comfortable place to stay indoors. I'm going to send you a PM now with some info just in case.

I should also make it clear - for the people on the board that don't understand the concept of simply helping other people out for no personal gain - that I ask for nothing in return. ie: I don't need your camping space, etc.

If you're all set, I hope you have an amazing Coachella, and I will also give you a hug if I see you. Stay strong. All the best..

bama4278
04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey, check this out, everybody!
I'd like to introduce you to Keri. She's pretty new here on the board, and she made a thread titled, "OK SO Next Friday COULD be your lucky day..." It was with the intent of perhaps helping someone else should she end up having to sacrafice a part of her Coachella Weekend...Keri is fighting Cancer... and she's concerned about us having a lucky day...Think about that...

Keri, if indeed next Friday ended up being "that lucky day" for me, I'd love nothing more than to turn and give it to you...Much respect,
:thu Brokendoll

And now, if you'll pardon me while I change faces...:eek:

wow. :pulse
I am just blown away by this :D

Thank you, Brokendoll!

bama4278
04-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I've seen this thread on the board for a few days, but didn't open it up to read it until now. Unbelievable.

Keri, it's amazing / inspiring to see how positive you are. Especially in response to intrusive and ignorant posts by some asshole stranger.

If on Friday you have not found an alternate camping solution - I assume you're looking for a condo or hotel? - let me know if you'd like some help (PM me), and I will gladly assist you in finding a comfortable place to stay indoors. I'm going to send you a PM now with some info just in case.

I should also make it clear - for the people on the board that don't understand the concept of simply helping other people out for no personal gain - that I ask for nothing in return. ie: I don't need your camping space, etc.

If you're all set, I hope you have an amazing Coachella, and I will also give you a hug if I see you. Stay strong. All the best..

Thank you!!! So great of you to help others in this way.
So many ppl have contacted me about the camping pass, it just breaks my heart that I can't help them all :(

noolan
04-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Hmm. Well it's curiously self-assured for my tastes, but fair enough.

Was that so fucking hard or offensive, you assholes?

Yes, we are the assholes. Is your world so warped you can't possibly understand you are completely out of line asking a question like that? You attempt to justify this as you were simply asking a psychological question, then a few posts later, you insult her with a tit fucking reference to chemo. Right, we are the assholes and you are just the objective person seeking some insight into some suffering from an illness. There is trolling on an internet message board and their is the erosion of one's morality as a whole. Simply put, FUCK OFF.

lediable76
04-09-2010, 06:04 AM

i thought Monklish was an OK guy considering all his inside info...but with this I realize that he is a fucking twat. I will be wearing a custom made T shirt with his avatar that reads "MONKLISH ATE MY BALLS!!"...because he really did. and very well.

noolan
04-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I don't see how anything about titty fucking is insulting. I'm also tired of this whole climate of "OH YOU CAN'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT CANCER!" Fuck that shit.

Everything = jokes

Oh, so now you go from a person seeking insight into a person defending one's right to comedy. There is a time and place for humor. There is also this strange concept called respect. The inability to show it makes you an asshole.

bama4278
04-09-2010, 06:11 AM
I really REALLY like you, NOOLAN :D

roberto73
04-09-2010, 06:12 AM
My mom has been fighting cancer for fifteen years. It's a horrible, debilitating illness, and the treatment hasn't been much better. Her journey through chemo and radiation has taken a physical and mental toll on both my mom and the rest of our family, and it's been terrible to watch. Just last week, when we thought things were finally looking up, the results of her bloodwork indicated increased tumor growth, which now means she has to receive a new chemical mix which will undoubtedly be incredibly difficult for her to adjust to.

Still, cancer jokes can be fucking funny.

bama4278
04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
You should have started posting on this board sooner. It just so happens that our mutual acquaintance Mr. Malcolm J. Awesome has somewhat magical properties to his spermatozoa that can actually retard the replication of telomerase in cancerous cells. Sadly, you have no more titty for it to be applied to. But I think if you wanted to put in an IV he'd let you jack him off into the bag.

IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.

I actually visualized the infusion of sperm via IV.

eww.

noolan
04-09-2010, 06:18 AM
You keep discussing how humorous these "jokes" are. You seem to be the only one laughing .Your inability to understand the full scope of the human condition and show an empathy towards another person is sad.

lediable76
04-09-2010, 06:21 AM
like I said....Monklish Ate My Balls!!!!!

noolan
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
You don't show "an" empathy. You show empathy.

Secondly, you and I just have differing opinions on what people suffering through nasty shit like cancer really need. Apparently you think that they need it to be taken direly serious so that everyone around them constantly reinforces the fears in their mind and all they get are a bunch of generic words of encouragement that get recycled endlessly and mean nothing.

And that is fucking dumb. Emotionally mature people realize that the only way the human psyche can properly cope with circumstances like this is to find some way of laughing about it.

*any

I will attempt to not type any more words in error.

Let's review your "humor".

"So what do you think you did that inspired God to give you cancer?"

Did some fucking cunt from this thread report my post just for asking a perfectly legitimate personal interest question, you goddamn morons?

You can edit my posts all you want, Dani, I'm not wrong here.

When people get stricken by illness it is practically a guaranteed psychological fact that they will go through SOME phase of guilt. I merely asked the OP whether she had gone through this moment of doubt and self-reflection when she got the news. There is nothing remotely fucking objectionable about this question.

I don't buy this girl has cancer until I hear an answer to my fucking question.

It seems the majority of this thread you spent defending your right to ask a question for some insight into her life. You then proceeded to call her a cunt, then made your titty fucking joke. All of this was a big joke to take her mind off cancer. I see so clearly now. You were so up lifting, my mistake. You do have the ability to empathize and understand the human condition. I apologize for my out of line posts. I will let you to continue to seek psychological insight and make your hilarious jokes for us all to enjoy.

CellarOwl
04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
like I said....Monklish Ate My Balls!!!!!

That really says more about you than it does him, and your utter lack of a set of balls. Monklish is capable of making himself look like an asshole enough on his own without anyone's help.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh, it crossed my mind, but then I had a better idea, and I think it would be fun for everyone...Since he's just a scrawny piece of shit and supposedly lame in one arm, (Among other places, I'm sure.) I think it would be funnier to wait until his so-called Midget Toss gets started, then enter him in the toss without his knowledge. I just so happen to know where they dump all the horseshit from the polo season out there and I think with a little ingenuity, I could use my festival wristband to launch his worthless ass directly into the center of that shit pile where he belongs.

And to Keri, the OP, my thought and support are with you! Kudos for having the will and the strength to continue on fighting against the unexpected, undeserved, and unbiased battle known as Cancer. :thu

I think 99.9999% of the people going to Coachella would pay to see Monklish tossed in the horse shit pile....!!!! Especially if they saw some of his posts on the message boards.....that is all he talks.....horseshit! Such a sad creep. I don't know about lame in the arm but he sure as hell is lame in the head and definitely in the heart! His rude and offensive remarks are obviously an attempt at gaining attention. Oh well....freedom of speech is an important right and we can't just defend those who say what we want to hear. But if it were to happen, if he were tossed into the shit pile, (face first oh please, oh please, oh please!) I am sure we could sell tickets and make oodles of cash for cancer research:-) I would pay $100.00 myself:-)

CellarOwl
04-09-2010, 07:39 AM
To be honest, I'd rather catch Fever Ray's set instead. A lot of people probably would. And if you need to see Monk shat on to donate to a worthy cause, that probably makes you just as much of a dickpile. Probably more.

Anyway, it's really nice to see things potentially working out for bama next week that don't include an IV drip of semen (...yet).

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-09-2010, 08:37 AM
To be honest, I'd rather catch Fever Ray's set instead. A lot of people probably would. And if you need to see Monk shat on to donate to a worthy cause, that probably makes you just as much of a dickpile. Probably more.

Anyway, it's really nice to see things potentially working out for bama next week that don't include an IV drip of semen (...yet).

Shat on???? I didn't know his being thrown into poop would conflict with Fever Ray! Wow.....where did you get the schedule? I guess we will have to go to the conflict thread now....Monklish in poop or Fever Ray....???? I do like Fever Ray:-)

Cancer research is a totally noble cause. I am alive because of it. Obviously you know not of which you speak.

It is apparent to anyone that has read a few of Mr. Monklish's posts that he attempts to gain attention by his crude, rude, mean and nasty posts. I know there are people that like to do that. Doesn't make him cool though.

Dickpile huh.....? Never seen a pile of dicks.....! Could be interesting though:-) Kind of creepy....but interesting!

lizng
04-09-2010, 10:22 AM
This thread is quite interesting/totallyeffingconfusing with a bunch of the posts deleted.

Keri, I hope you kick cancer in the ass and have a great time at Coachella.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I WILL say hi!
I've been without hair for 4 months so I'm still in the mourning period
:p

I know exactly what you mean. It is really weird to loose a physical part of yourself. It seriously bothered me for quite a while . I am OK with it now though. Lots of people tell me I have the right shaped head to be bald....although what exactly that is supposed to mean I am not quite sure:-) I have a sort of makeshift Mohawk now!!! I am 53 with a snow white thin Mohawk....my daughters think it is cool that I sport a Mohawk..LOL! Its not that cool...it is just all I have...:-0

rskapcat
04-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Keri, I'm hugging you if I see you. Soooo...pretty much any bald girl at Coachella is getting a hug from me. :p

Tehota
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
imma hook me a monkfish a coachella, and imma gut that withering piece of shit. keri is fucking awesome

akilleeez
04-09-2010, 02:50 PM
These are one of those threads in which, whether you're a violent person or not, you just want to say, "Fuck it. Kill that bastard!" But even that seems like a waste of energy. If anything, I'd rather humanely operate on your dumbass for precedent research purposes, and extract what little we can from your uselessness of a soul to society. I'm thinking visual ads for young children, to warn them of impending danger.
*I'm going to Wikipedia search 'Monklish', and edit the info to...
...suggestions?

Devin the Dude
04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I love your signature MJA. :pulse

Undies
04-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope you bald-chicks like getting beers and frozen lemonade bought for you by strangers: cause that's what's happening if I see you.

Shtitus!
04-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks, everybody!

ill stop to give you a big coachellian hug and offer up a big coachellian joint or something. good luck and i send much love for the chemo process.

bama4278
04-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It is really weird to loose a physical part of yourself. It seriously bothered me for quite a while . I am OK with it now though. Lots of people tell me I have the right shaped head to be bald....although what exactly that is supposed to mean I am not quite sure:-) I have a sort of makeshift Mohawk now!!! I am 53 with a snow white thin Mohawk....my daughters think it is cool that I sport a Mohawk..LOL! Its not that cool...it is just all I have...:-0

That's soooooooooooooo cute!!!!
I stopped shaving my head (cause I liked it SMOOTH) as soon as my Onco told me that some patients experience hair regrowth with the chemo I'm currently on. I haven't shaved in 5 weeks and not much progress :(
Like sad little sparse spikeys :(
that's it.

I'm still in the self conscious side of being bald, so I have only been photographed with caps on like the one I attached below.

I've been told I have a perfect shaped head too!
It just made me laugh... :)

bama4278
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
ill stop to give you a big coachellian hug and offer up a big coachellian joint or something. good luck and i send much love for the chemo process.

nice!
I'll take the hug and you can pass the smoke to my friend Christine of ya like ;)

bama4278
04-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I hope you bald-chicks like getting beers and frozen lemonade bought for you by strangers: cause that's what's happening if I see you.

um, that's only my most favoritest thing in the world! :D

bama4278
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
This thread is quite interesting/totallyeffingconfusing with a bunch of the posts deleted.

Keri, I hope you kick cancer in the ass and have a great time at Coachella.
ahthankya :pulse

Keri, I'm hugging you if I see you. Soooo...pretty much any bald girl at Coachella is getting a hug from me. :p
YES! HUG ALLLLLLLL THE BALD CHICKS!!!! :D

imma hook me a monkfish a coachella, and imma gut that withering piece of shit. keri is fucking awesome
thanks! :)
is this TAYLOR??? btw...

These are one of those threads in which, whether you're a violent person or not, you just want to say, "Fuck it. Kill that bastard!" But even that seems like a waste of energy. If anything, rather humanely operate on your dumbass for precedent research purposes, and extract what little we can from your uselessness of a soul to society. I'm thinking visual ads for young children, to warn them of impending danger.
*I'm going to Wikipedia search 'Monklish', and edit the info to...
...suggestions?
I'm sure there are lots of suggestions from ppl on this board
and speaking of...did that guy get DELETED from the board?

I had to go back to work today and feel like a missed A LOT :p

Suffacated
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm sure there are lots of suggestions from ppl on this board
and speaking of...did that guy get DELETED from the board?

DELETED!
Today is good day..

lediable76
04-10-2010, 01:40 AM
That really says more about you than it does him, and your utter lack of a set of balls. Monklish is capable of making himself look like an asshole enough on his own without anyone's help.

CELLAROWL ATE MY BALLS TOO........fuck you asshole!!!!!

cassett
04-13-2010, 05:32 AM
wait monklish is gone?

omg yes! i hate that guy... thank you keri! you are amazing.