PDA

View Full Version : Westside Rentals?

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Anyone have an account they'd, uh.... be willing to share with someone who until this afternoon had been unemployed for 10 mos and now has less than 2 weeks to find an apartment? PMs greatly appreciated.

fancy restaurant
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
quit smoking so much weed and get a job.

fuckin slacker.

marooko
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Anyone have an account they'd, uh.... be willing to share with someone who until this afternoon had been unemployed for 10 mos and now has less than 2 weeks to find an apartment? PMs greatly appreciated.

Learn how to read you fucking retard. It says there he's fucking employed now.

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes, thanks for actually reading my post, marooko. I'm not apartment hunting because I spent all my rent money on weed but because I just got a job in LA which will require me to be an LA resident within 2 weeks. Anyway. Westside Rentals dot com? Anyone uhhh... got it?

fancy restaurant
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not apartment hunting because I spent all my rent money on weed

sounds like you need to be more financially responsible.

Blinken
04-07-2010, 02:59 PM
god damn you are fucking retarded.

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
sounds like you need to be more financially responsible.

Alright, fancy restaurant. I'll leave the comedy to you then.

PotVsKtl
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
craigslist.

faxman75
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
If you don't have $60 to sign up, how are you going to afford the move?

kitt kat
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Westside Rentals is a scam, FYI.

tessalasset
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
westside rentals is absolutely not a scam, and rage, does that mean you got the job you interviewed for in brentwood?

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-08-2010, 05:55 AM
craigslist.

If you don't have $60 to sign up, how are you going to afford the move?

Jesus Christ. Some of you, I swear...

I'm not Trig Palin. I'm aware of and use Craigslist. I've never used WRentals before. I'd heard mixed things from friends in LA. I head that it could be useful when you've got a bit of a time crunch. Some had used to it and found it absolutely invaluable in finding their apartments, others found it a waste. So, rather than invest $60 in it, only to find that it's not relevant for my needs, I wanted to see if anyone happened to have an active account they'd like to split the cost of. And I can afford the $60. But you get laid off for nearly a year and have your income reduced to less than 1/3 of what you were making while seeing your health care costs and other uncontrollable expeneses rise into the stratosphere and see where that leaves you. You get a bit stingy, you know?

Westside Rentals is a scam, FYI.

I think it's a bit much to call the site a scam. Maybe it doesn't serve everyone's needs. As for scams, there are plenty of people selling Westside Rental passwords on CL, but a lot of them are not legit.

westside rentals is absolutely not a scam, and rage, does that mean you got the job you interviewed for in brentwood?

Yes, I did, thanks! I start next week. The office is basically Beverly Hills. If you drive less than 1/8 of a mile up San Vicente you're in BH.

PotVsKtl
04-08-2010, 06:00 AM
craigslist.

TomAz
04-08-2010, 06:47 AM
less than 1/8 of a mile

faxman75
04-08-2010, 06:49 AM
This thread is some kind of scam.

tessalasset
04-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Yes, I did, thanks! I start next week. The office is basically Beverly Hills. If you drive less than 1/8 of a mile up San Vicente you're in BH.

You know the San Vicente Blvd near Beverly Hills is different from the San Vicente Blvd in Brentwood, right?

I've used WR numerous times over the past two years. I find WR to be for more serious apt-hunters. They have way more of a selection on there. Yes, sometimes landlords post the same ad on WR and CL and you feel duped, but a lot of the time there's amazing stuff on WR that is such a good deal, landlords don't even need to post it to the public.

Congratulations! What are you going to be doing?

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
You know the San Vicente Blvd near Beverly Hills is different from the San Vicente Blvd in Brentwood, right?

I've used WR numerous times over the past two years. I find WR to be for more serious apt-hunters. They have way more of a selection on there. Yes, sometimes landlords post the same ad on WR and CL and you feel duped, but a lot of the time there's amazing stuff on WR that is such a good deal, landlords don't even need to post it to the public.

Congratulations! What are you going to be doing?

Yeah, it's going to take me a little while to learn all the neighborhoods, but the office is in what I believe would be called West L.A. right on the outskirts of BH. In fact, for my final interview, I got there an hour early and just took a stroll in the neighborhood. In less than 5 mins I found myself in Beverly Hills.

Thanks for the feedback on WR. I'm going to try CL for the next few days and if I don't get enough leads, I'll give WR a shot, with or without a sharing plan.

I'm going to be a marketing manager for a national retail chain.