PDA

View Full Version : Surviving all 3 days

seriouslypeople
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I've never gone all three days.

How do you pace yourself? Or do you just go balls out.
Sunday is going to be my go crazy day.

Getting nautious excited :):puke

Vic Viper
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM

nauseous.

also water.
if you're not sure, drink water.
also, make sure to drink lots of water.
maybe some sunscreen.
no bands you want to see playing? take a nap.
but also water.

lowfront
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
most years work out like this for me

friday ---all out

saturday ---take it easy in morning

sunday ----take it very easy most the day to save as much energy for the big night

Cheddar's Cousin
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Noxious...

Seriously?

Come strong or stay home!

Tandemind
04-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Pacing yourself from day to day is not necessary. There's plenty of time in the mornings for recovery. What you have to worry about is pacing yourself throughout the day.

I overdanced on Saturday of '09. By the time MSTRKRFT came on I was so tired I couldn't dance anymore. I felt shame.

Despite my failings, I still have no idea how to avoid making the same mistake again.

zuma1986
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I thought Coachella was spanish for 3-day meth binge, no?

lowfront
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I thought Coachella was spanish for 3-day meth binge, no?

haha, even with 3 days of meth you need to conserve some enenergy

Sublime
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll recover in my grave

lowfront
04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I took a week of work off after coachella to recover

I always come home and feel like I'm dieing for 4 days at least

Sonybonez
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I'll recover in my grave

I second that.

juloxx
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
By escaping it
http://rushthecourt.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/snake-plissken.jpg

greenjack
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
By escaping it
http://rushthecourt.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/snake-plissken.jpg

Oh SNAKE!

humanoid
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
you will likely not survive all 3 days. The attrition rate after the first day increases exponentially by the hour. Sunday is highly difficult as you must sidestep corpses as you dance.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Hurdle the dead...trample the weak.

Harrisment
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
If you are like most of us, you just have to accept that you are going to be sick for a few days after Coachella. It's happened to me every year.

As for while you're at the fest, take it easy on the alcohol early in the day. I look at pictures from my first year in 08 and can see how shitfaced drunk I was a 2 PM with mustard all over my face from being too drunk to eat a hot dog properly. Don't be like me.

humanoid
04-07-2010, 01:29 PM
What fun is being able to eat a hot dog properly? It's vastly overrated.

Sonybonez
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
If you are like most of us, you just have to accept that you are going to be sick for a few days after Coachella. It's happened to me every year.

So don't forget to take my daily gummy bear multi vitamins??

aphrael
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM

friday ---all out

sunday ----take it very easy most the day to save as much energy for the big night

Last year, the guys in my campsite group were playing music until 5 AM or so Saturday night. I tried to crash out around 3.30 but drifted in and out of sleep until they finished. Then Sunday was massively hot and ...

there's a chunk of the afternoon which I don't remember. I woke up on the grass near the outdoor theatre about 45 minutes before sunset. I know I saw Lupe Fiasco, and I know I saw K'naan, and otherwise ... wtf? gone.

TomAz
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
http://hyperfitusa.typepad.com/hyperfit_usa/images/2008/02/24/no_pussies.jpg

artisticcreator
04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Seriously! Only children take naps at Coachella! Sleep good the night before. Staying up till 5am with your friends drinking is a waste of a Wonderful Day at Coachella. Every hour you nap is wasting $7 of your normal ticket price. You can drink and drug late at night a home. Save it for the shows and see as many as you can. Make sure you see groups you never heard of before. Expand your mind in every possible way. ;-)

Eat well and drink lots of water. Always keep some water with you. Get some before your favorite acts start, so you don't have to miss anything or faint.

If someone offers you a couple of bucks for a hit off your pipe, joint or whatever! Say NO! They are UNDERCOVER COPS trying to bust people for selling! Especially if they are female and young and hot. No female at this show should have to offer money for a friendly hit. Actually no should have too.

Drink lots of water even if your drinking lots of beer and alcohol. Getting sick at Coachella sucks.

Wear light colored cloths during the day. You'll be much happier when the sun is beating down on you!

And smile! Your at Coachella!

Work sucks when all you think about is Coachella!

seriouslypeople
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
artisticcreator: what happened in 2004!? :p

dekr510
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Sundays are rough

aphrael
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Staying up till 5am with your friends drinking is a waste of a Wonderful Day at Coachella

only if it causes you to miss part of the day. and even then, it can be a reasonable trade; the campground party experience is part of the fun of the weekend for me.

Make sure you see groups you never heard of before. Expand your mind in every possible way. ;-)

Yeah, especially in the early afternoon, that's the whole fun. :)

Eat well and drink lots of water. Always keep some water with you. Get some before your favorite acts start, so you don't have to miss anything or faint.

running out of water sucks. running out of water when you're in a pit at the mainstage at 5pm is particularly painful.

on the other hand, that's what the do-lab is for. :)

Wear light colored cloths during the day. You'll be much happier when the sun is beating down on you!

I prefer the sunscreen + shirtless option.

Harrisment
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
My key for surviving all 3 days is staying in a comfy hotel. Take a hot shower each evening. Wake up and chill poolside for a while. I have a lot of respect for those of you that are able to camp, stay up all night, and still have the energy to go full steam through the day. There's no way I could do that.

psychic friend
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/img_6342-560.jpg?w=560&h=598

apachedino
04-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Seriously! Only children take naps at Coachella! Sleep good the night before. Staying up till 5am with your friends drinking is a waste of a Wonderful Day at Coachella. Every hour you nap is wasting $7 of your normal ticket price. You can drink and drug late at night a home. Save it for the shows and see as many as you can. Make sure you see groups you never heard of before. Expand your mind in every possible way. ;-)

Agreed on the falling asleep at night thing. While the camping atmosphere is awesome and I do chille around for an hour or so DO NOT stay up all night. Get some rest, you have to sleep sometime, so instead of during the actual shows you might as well do it when it is not melting hot. Being rested everynight you can go balls out everyDAY and not feel like shit come sunday. That said I do have a few beers after going back to camping, but I don't get all shitfaced there. Also bring ear plugs, they are a life saver for sleeping at the campgrounds.

Oh yeah and you can almost never drink enough water

easto_pickle
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah agreed on water. I didn't drink water for 2 days at a festival a few months ago, and pretty much turned into a retard. Ended up in the chill out tent while Major Lazer were playing. So shit.

Lynn163
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
That little guy (chinchilla?) is too cute!

Like everyone has said...water, water, and more water!

gooftroop
04-08-2010, 02:32 AM
My advice, on Friday and Saturday always take it easy while the sun is out, drink lots of water and eat GOOD, HEALTHY food. Save your drinking/drugs for when the sun starts to go down, then go non-stop until the festival ends. Go back to camp (or your hotel if you're a wuss) and chill out for a couple of hours recapping the day. Maybe have a beer or two (or bowl) but the only drugs you should be taking after the festival is over are sleeping ones. Highly reccomend an ambien or something of the like. Pop at 3am, with some good shade (AND EARPLUGS!!) sleeping until at least 10am is not much a problem.Then you get up and do it all over again. Seriously if you have trouble sleeping I can't say enough that you need EARPLUGS and GOOD SHADE. Canopy with tarps hung on the sides will make your Coachella so much more pleasant.

And Sunday you should just go balls to the walls because after that you're done!

Rosemont17
04-08-2010, 06:05 AM

1. enjoy every moment of it.. you will not burn out....until monday when it hits you its over.... then you crash big time!

thepoetblue
04-08-2010, 06:20 AM
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/img_6342-560.jpg?w=560&h=598

Dani - my wife is coming for the first time this year and wants to know if she can bring a banana and a rodent. I told her I didn't know, never tried. (though I have brought fake boobs with me)

manolo
04-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Last year, the guys in my campsite group were playing music until 5 AM or so Saturday night. I tried to crash out around 3.30 but drifted in and out of sleep until they finished. Then Sunday was massively hot and ...

there's a chunk of the afternoon which I don't remember. I woke up on the grass near the outdoor theatre about 45 minutes before sunset. I know I saw Lupe Fiasco, and I know I saw K'naan, and otherwise ... wtf? gone.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJSMkPxdnQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJSMkPxdnQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

aphrael
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJSMkPxdnQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJSMkPxdnQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That so did not work. :)

I wish I were going to be there next week. I miss you guys.

lagirlwithstyle
04-14-2010, 12:03 AM
My key for surviving all 3 days is staying in a comfy hotel. Take a hot shower each evening. Wake up and chill poolside for a while. I have a lot of respect for those of you that are able to camp, stay up all night, and still have the energy to go full steam through the day. There's no way I could do that.

That's my formula too. Shower, comfy bed, pool time, a Starbucks run, some light food and hit the field. :)

TomAz
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Put me on Team Hotel as well. Shower, bed, A/c.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Westin, with a Villa no less.

canexplain
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
If you wake up in the morning, you survived the day before. Ditto lots of water and everything else is up in the air depending on you. I have stayed up for 3 days at a fest and in the end that worked best for me. I also don't eat a lot during the fest for multiple reasons but that's just me ...

TomAz
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Roadmap to brain damage.

BrickTop24
04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
water and sunblock

canexplain
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Tom the fact that you live in Arizona negates any thoughts of yours …

Big B
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah. Comfy Bed, Your OWN shower, and no noise. I camped once, and that was it for me. I've enjoyed my experiences more with a good nights sleep. To those who camp: You are animals, and I tip my hat to you!

seriouslypeople
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
With you guys on the shower/house/hotel thing. I like camping, but the thought of camping at coachella makes me shudder. I'm sure I'd feel differently about that if I were still in my early twenties or teens :) Leaving tomorrow!! Excited! Have an AMAAAAZING TIME, everyone!!! :dumbo

BROKENDOLL
04-14-2010, 11:54 AM
If you wake up in the morning, you survived the day before. Ditto lots of water and everything else is up in the air depending on you. I have stayed up for 3 days at a fest and in the end that worked best for me. I also don't eat a lot during the fest for multiple reasons but that's just me ...

Roadmap to brain damage.
Ron got a map? I didn't get a map. Come to think of it, I never even had directions.

Tom the fact that you live in Arizona negates any thoughts of yours …So, does the fact I live so close to the fest mean I've finally made it,mental handicaps and all?

Chillzzz
03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Carbo-load!!!

AgainstFeist
03-30-2011, 11:38 AM

/agree

ambient sounds
03-30-2011, 11:57 AM
wake n' bake.

Monklish2.0
03-30-2011, 12:09 PM
wake n' bake.

probably the opposite of what you want if you wanna be lively for the entire weekend.. not that i'm against smoking, i've probably gone 10-15 days in the past 4 years without smoking.. i just know that the more i do it throughout the day (and the earlier in the day i do it) .. the earlier i'm crashing.

ponyup
03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I actually don't know how I survived last year...I've never run on that many drugs/small amount of sleep/little food for three consecutive days before
basically all I can say is you get high on the excitement of the weekend, and don't even realize how exhausted and taxed you are until you hit the road on monday. My friends and I kept saying we felt like we were depressed afterwards for several days...The energy and excitement and all around atmosphere of Coachella is a drug...Expect withdrawals afterwards.

LiquidL
03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
My 3 day challenge is to arrange the psychedelic substances in such order throughout the 3 days so as to minimize the cross-tolerance amongst them. As I sadly discovered last year, LSD and 2C have major cross tolerance..

Other than that, it's not too difficult to survive three days of partying.

kcreag
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I took the whole week after Monday off work. Mostly because I was useless there last year. It's best for everybody :)

artisticcreator
03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Walking to the gate - 1 Magic Brownie (Double Strong)

2 beers and 1 - 2 bottles of water and a bowl every hour! Food if you need it.

6PM - Whatever your pleasure is. Limited to 1 item to go with the other stuff if your smart. 2 Items if you don't care about recovering the next day! 3 if you don't mind people taking pictures off you nude with your acorn penis as the cops Tazer you. 4 - items if your job is unimportant and you don't plan on doing anything with your life but bum off of others. If you live!

12:30AM - Something to eat with lots of carbs.

9 AM A good breakfast then repeat other steps.

krisskross
04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
depends. but no matter what: sunscreen, water, and dont forget to eat. it happens.

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I'll recover in my grave

That's the spirit!

Aales
04-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Whoaa I do the opposite of basically all the tips you all posted,I don't eat all weekend,Sleep in car for a collective 6 hours & no showers, Ive never gotten burnt out either,I go all out all weekend
I AM A SUPER HUMAN!

arthurbang
04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Been going for 6 years, and I finally started to get good at it during year 3.

- Wear light colored clothing
- Drink plenty of liquids (water, Gatorade, frozen lemonades). Try to stay away from caffeine as much as possible.
- Wear a hat, or bring an umbrella for shade
- Take a nap (my wife and I have done this mid-day at least two of the years we've gone because there was nobody we wanted to see).
- Wear cool clothing (shorts, dresses.. try to stay away from long pants)
- Sunscreen of course

TomAz
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
1. Don't be a puss

2. Don't be a puss

3. If you're gonna be a puss, hydrate.

Suffacated
04-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Lotsa water, 8 ball and 12 red bull's.

frizzlefry
04-02-2011, 01:04 AM
1. Don't be a puss

2. Don't be a puss

3. If you're gonna be a puss, hydrate.

This or just don't go if your gonna be a puss

gaypalmsprings
04-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Dani - my wife is coming for the first time this year and wants to know if she can bring a banana and a rodent. I told her I didn't know, never tried. (though I have brought fake boobs with me)

They could easily fit in a butt. They don't generally do body cavity searches (unfortunately).

Stickjohn
04-02-2011, 06:35 AM
from the faq

Can I bring an umbrella to block the sun?

Sorry no, those block the view of other festival goers.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-02-2011, 06:56 AM
from the faq:
Can I bring an umbrella to block the sun?

Sorry no, those block the view of other festival goers.

But I bought one inside the event last year, a paper parasol that was very cool, and used it each day, no issues. I did not use it while listening to music of course because that would block other peoples view, but I used it walking around and did not get at all sunburned:-)

Stickjohn
04-02-2011, 07:25 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpLGbRxET4XPo4pnEW4oOMBLLIgzYxF sEz3txLSJxqra0XXl_Iug

seitron
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
They could easily fit in a butt. They don't generally do body cavity searches (unfortunately).

Incredibly relevant:
OBJ3rkNq2ok

baily
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Just slow the smoking around 11:00PM and your buzz will last you through 1am....upon getting back you should be able to sleep.

I see too many that show up Sunday saying they missed Sat because they went all out on Friday.

It's a marathon....pace yourself according.

I party from 3pm drinking and smoking till about 11:00pm ....head home...take 4 asprin and off to bed...
good breakfast - always a smoothie with - fruit, protein powder and glucosamine *spelling?* and cram down food even if it's tough to do.

Pace yourself and you can have a blast for 3 days

the other huge thing that'll kill you is not using sunscreen....don't put any on and you'll be out of commission. Put some on the second you leave to the festival and put it on again in the middle of the afternoon....every day....there's no such thing as too much sunscreen for this festival.

Look around on Saturday...some people are already looking BEAT RED!

AlthePal
04-03-2011, 11:10 AM
The way I look at it is that these are the three days of the year when I am free. These are my three days, and I am going to do anything and everything I can to have as much fun as possible. Party all Thursday night, wake up around 11 Friday, Smoke and drink until you get to the festival, make routine runs back to the car throughout the day, and at night indulge in whatever mind changing substance you'd like. And repeat for all three days.
HAVE FUN.

frizzlefry
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
AlthePal knows how to Coachella

blizzair
04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
water, sunscreen, getting enough sleep (earplugs if you're camping!) etc...

my personal salvation is gatorade powder and nutrigrain bars. I bring the individual gatorade packets and pour one into a water bottle and chug it every morning, then eat a nutrigrain bar. no matter how much i want to die before, i always feel like a real person again afterwards.

BROKENDOLL
04-03-2011, 01:34 PM
The 3 days I spend at Coachella are nothing compared to the shit I have to survive the other 362 days out of the year. Piece of cake.

spewshemano
04-03-2011, 02:31 PM
^^ agreed. Last year I was falling asleep every night well after 3am and waking up only four to six hours later. Still went full throttle each day. Then sadly had to work monday which was the worse.

thefrush
04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
The way I look at it is that these are the three days of the year when I am free. These are my three days, and I am going to do anything and everything I can to have as much fun as possible. Party all Thursday night, wake up around 11 Friday, Smoke and drink until you get to the festival, make routine runs back to the car throughout the day, and at night indulge in whatever mind changing substance you'd like. And repeat for all three days.
HAVE FUN.

Like. :)

salty dog
04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
HAVE FUN.

couldn't have put it any better myself.

pinkladyam
04-03-2011, 09:14 PM
HAVE FUN.

^^OMG THIS!!! :thu

*edit: so i'm glad i'm not alone in planning on starting the party early! everyone else is like "drink later, smoke later...*

BROKENDOLL
04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpLGbRxET4XPo4pnEW4oOMBLLIgzYxF sEz3txLSJxqra0XXl_Iug
If I'm buzzed enough and see someone wearing this, I'm liable to call out for a churro.

BeeII
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
I took a week of work off after coachella to recover

I always come home and feel like I'm dieing for 4 days at least

As for while you're at the fest, take it easy on the alcohol early in the day. I look at pictures from my first year in 08 and can see how shitfaced drunk I was a 2 PM with mustard all over my face from being too drunk to eat a hot dog properly. Don't be like me.

pfft, lightweights. i take the monday after off and that's it.

M.Romo
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
^^ agreed. Last year I was falling asleep every night well after 3am and waking up only four to six hours later. Still went full throttle each day. Then sadly had to work monday which was the worse.

Good thing I asked for Monday off.

baily
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Spewshmano has it right...

party your ass off every day...but drag your ass up on Saturday and repeat on Sunday....key is to be able to drag you ass up and get your body going when it doesn't.

it's harder to do when it's 110 and your tent is 150 degrees....but it doesn't look like it'll be that hot this year.

spewshemano
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Spewshmano has it right...

party your ass off every day...but drag your ass up on Saturday and repeat on Sunday....key is to be able to drag you ass up and get your body going when it doesn't.

it's harder to do when it's 110 and your tent is 150 degrees....but it doesn't look like it'll be that hot this year.
Mind over body!

Tjzoo
04-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Work sucks when all you think about is Coachella!

Thissss!!! i dont want to work anymore... i want Coachella!!!

gimmeth3night
04-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I've made it through all three days fine but come Tuesday when I go back to work (at a constantly busy as fuck restaurant) I'm burnt out. I remember reading in a thread somewhere that there's morning vitamins people take before rolling that keep your serotonin up and your mind clear. I think they provided a link to a site with the breakdown of how each of the vitamins help you out. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I wanna invest on these things this year

darksideofkaos.
04-05-2011, 12:43 PM

At the beginning of the day, I buy about 8 bottles of water and 3-4 gatorades. Store these in my bag and go for the day.

Ohh and frozen lemonade is life.

Ha.SK
04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
The 3 days I spend at Coachella are nothing compared to the shit I have to survive the other 362 days out of the year. Piece of cake.

Hahaha same here (as Im typing this while at work).

guedita
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I've made it through all three days fine but come Tuesday when I go back to work (at a constantly busy as fuck restaurant) I'm burnt out. I remember reading in a thread somewhere that there's morning vitamins people take before rolling that keep your serotonin up and your mind clear. I think they provided a link to a site with the breakdown of how each of the vitamins help you out. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I wanna invest on these things this year

http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/MDMA:_Essential_Guide#Preloading.2FPostloading

Trick Loves The Kids
04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
3 days at coachella are nothing, it's the subsequent week that kills me

gimmeth3night
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/MDMA:_Essential_Guide#Preloading.2FPostloading

Perfecto! Guedita saves the day

PrettyRagdoll
04-06-2011, 01:03 PM

friday ---all out

this :thu

iblaine
04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
My survival guide is to pace yourself.

Take xanax in the mornings.
Take 5-HTP supplements.
Take vitamin supplements.
Avoid drinking in excess.
Stay cool during the day.
Get plenty of rest.
Chug water before bed.

ballroomdancer22
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
My survival guide is to pace yourself.

Take xanax in the mornings.
Take 5-HTP supplements.
Take vitamin supplements.
Avoid drinking in excess.
Stay cool during the day.
Get plenty of rest.
Chug water before bed.

you should probably retire to your tent before nightfall, it gets significantly colder. Wouldn't want to catch a cold

hydr1
04-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Jesus will get you through it brother

ballroomdancer22
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Jesus will get you through it brother

looks like i can use somebody...

hydr1
04-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I hope I don't work twelve hr days at work this week

Longtimer
04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
That's my formula too. Shower, comfy bed, pool time, a Starbucks run, some light food and hit the field. :)

Yep, we have a friend with a house down the street. Endless water (to drink and bathe), comfy bed, A/C, breakfast made for us, no noise. Been Coachella-ing for many years and we're just too old for the stuff outside of the music.

Stretch your legs, neck, back during the day...you'll feel the soreness at night. Hats are a lifesaver considering it's going to be in the high 90's.

mikey1313666
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Coachella = The one weekend of the year I'm glad I have insomnia

artisticcreator
04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
It's easy!

Get lots of sleep if you can. It will make the last day so much better!
Eat well, drink lots of water this weekend!

And like LongTimer says, Stretch your body and I find pacing yourself, will keep you from having to nap and miss the real shows later!

It's such a waste of good music, sleeping during the shows. Tell your friends to shut up so you can sleep or bring ear plugs!

Sublime
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHKZpiKmPAU0siYafXtND6hff47S-W8E2AZrKv2-43Pbs3gMBNtQ

hydr1
04-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I always stretch well before snorting a line. Don't wanna pull a muscle.

Seriously though...people that get sick and have the flu, depression ect.
ARE THE ECSTASY USERS. That shit is garbage. Serotonin cannot be produced quick enough no matter how much 5htp or ginko or golden seal you take. Before you roll drugs and most other vitamins are low quality and not chelated or useable by your system. Your pissing out most of it.

werner12123
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
-Vitamin C every morning before the fest
-Drink a half gallon of water before the fest, and before sleep
-Hot shower, it really does wonders
-Pace yourself with bud, I know you can't have too much of a good thing, but it'll slow you down a bit if you smoke too much too early.
-Try to time it so that whatever mind-expanding substances you take start to wear off around the time you should be going to sleep
-Eat a good breakfast
-Stretch before the fest

Junket
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Seriously though...people that get sick and have the flu, depression ect.
ARE THE ECSTASY USERS.

people get sick off alcohol, shrooms and everything else just as easily lol.

its all about moderation, being responsible and knowing what you are putting in your body.

hydr1
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Were not talking getting sick while on drugs,

Were talking being sick for two weeks afterwards and calling it a coachella flu. Fools take ten beans a day and roll brains and then they are empty, and brain damaged.

Acid, shrooms will not leave you sick for days or depressed. Opposite really. Alcohol is the worst drug ever as far as immune system and feeling like death afterwards. Iin my moronic opinion

Junket
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Were not talking getting sick while on drugs,

Were talking being sick for two weeks afterwards and calling it a coachella flu. Fools take ten beans a day and roll brains and then they are empty, and brain damaged.

Acid, shrooms will not leave you sick for days or depressed. Opposite really. Alcohol is the worst drug ever as far as immune system and feeling like death afterwards. Iin my moronic opinion

well, i do agree with you. but 10 pills a day is just not being responsible at all haha. if you know what you are doing, you will be just as fine as anybody else. i guess thats the point i was trying to make. but people already know that, and if you don't..

then good luck

LiquidL
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Have plenty of weed. Even if you don't smoke normally, weed works well on the comedowns of most substances.

Mugwog
01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Someone said don't be a puss.

They are correct.

NachoCat
01-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Eat
Drugs
Dance
Water
Drugs
Dance
Dance
Dance
Water
Drugs
Drugs
Dance
Sit
Have epiphanies
Sleep
Repeat

baily
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Pace yourself....whatever it is....

sunscreen up before and at lunch - will help a lot

shower if possible

hook up and get laid - super bonus

have plenty of water

get a locker

good walking shoes

large hat

sunglasses (2 pairs in case one gets lost)

pace yourself and you'll be fine.

tharris
01-26-2012, 01:32 PM
This will be my first Coachella since 2004 but from this and other festivals, I have learned that its not a competition to see as many bands as possible.

There is a temptation when the schedule is released to circle something for every moment of the day. My suggestion is to find your essential bands to see and play the rest by ear. Coachella seem

Relax and enjoy the weekend. Take a nap if you need to. Hang out under the shade with friends. Go back to the camp for a beer break and meal. CHUG water. If you are thirsty you are dehydrated.

But mainly have fun, be positive and enjoy yourself

baily
01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd NEVER leave the festival grounds....

and try to see as many bands as you can....everyone has their own idea...as Tharris above

Party on - get in every ounce you can for once the sun goes down on that day....you aren't getting it back.

I'm always depressed when the sun sets on Sunday...as I know it's the final night.

LiquidL
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
^haha yeah I start thinking of the next year when Sunday ends

baily
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
EVERY SUNDAY when the sun starts to set....I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is...but I always ask it to stop....please stop for just a few hours.

amyzzz
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
EVERY SUNDAY when the sun starts to set....I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is...but I always ask it to stop....please stop for just a few hours.
agreed

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Seriously such a bittersweet time, I love Coachella at sunset.... it starts to cool, the lights come on, and the sky turns beautiful colors. But it always goes by too fast and on Sunday you know you won't have that feeling again for another year. Last year was especially beautiful, pink skys into whipping winds and a full moon. I'm just gald I get two Sunday sunsets this year!!!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to survive all 6 days!

vertin
02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
yea very sad moment when you realize its sunday night...means its time to give it all you fucking got!

nyarlathotoats
02-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Same sentiments as everyone above. I think I felt the come down of Coachella during gorillaz set. I did not party that night, but that changes this year.

artisticcreator
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
The Perfect Schedule!

Eat
Drugs
Dance
Water
Drugs
Dance
Dance
Dance
Water
Drugs
Drugs
Dance
Sit
Have epiphanies
Sleep
Repeat

g1zzz
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
It hasn't even happened but just the thought of it makes me miss Coachella 2012 already.

Morcehtta
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
It hasn't even happened but just the thought of it makes me miss Coachella 2012 already.

You made me have an ephiphany just now. Right there with you..

vertin
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
if weekend1 is too epic i might just go weekend 2 just for the hell of it

with_cheese
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
if weekend1 is too epic i might just go weekend 2 just for the hell of it

There are a few things wrong with this sentence.

vertin
02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
There are a few things wrong with this sentence.

o rly? kewl.

tchuess
02-28-2012, 08:16 PM
-hotel vs.camping: a *good* hotel is best, but I think a great tent/campsite would be better than a shitty hotel...IMHO. But even good hotels can have issues...I got stuck in the elevator for 2 hours at the Grand Champions a few years ago, which caused me to miss a band I really wanted to see. Shit happens.

-if you're driving to the festival each day (from home or a hotel), leave some water in the car when you park. You will be glad to have done so, when you return to your car at the end of the day (bonus if it's ice cold). Substitute beers at your peril.

-get as much water as you can comfortably carry as soon as you enter the grounds (I always bring a small backpack mainly for this reason). Buy more water when you're running low...don't wait until you're out of water and thirsty.

-many people don't realize that it can get chilly in the evening, especially if walking back to a car (more on that below) Consider bringing a hoody or something, unless the forecast is very warm. Getting cold will make you even more tired.

-in the heat of the day, spend some time in the shade whenever possible. Sunscreen, wide brim hat, shades,etc.

-again for the daily commuters: the parking lots can be confusing at night...do your best to remember where you parked, write it down somewhere or email it to yourself before you enter the festival grounds. Note some of the landmarks you walk past along the way. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people exhausted, crying, dehydrated, and generally freaking out because they've been searching for their car for 2 hours and have no clue where it could be. Don't be that person because you'll bum me out.

-wear sensible shoes, especially if you have any foot problems.

amma_sol
02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't sleep for 3 days... then sleep for three days when i get back. This plan is full proof. Except last year I slept through my boyfriends birthday. He understood.

Iamwelting
02-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Two words: Gold Bond. If you're like me, three days of sweating profusely, dancing and walking for long distances will leave you mighty chafed. By Sunday last year I could barely walk. Won't make the same mistake this year.

dekelou
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Two words: Gold Bond. If you're like me, three days of sweating profusely, dancing and walking for long distances will leave you mighty chafed. By Sunday last year I could barely walk. Won't make the same mistake this year.

BODYGLIDE

baily
02-29-2012, 08:11 AM
fat people!!! Ahahahaha...put body glide all over yourself....SEXY

try lube from the adult shop

or try exercising once a day and stop eating fat....

Iamwelting
02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
fat people!!! Ahahahaha...put body glide all over yourself....SEXY

try lube from the adult shop

or try exercising once a day and stop eating fat....

I'm pretty averaged sized, to be honest and I work out regularly. My body is just not used to the crazy desert climate, coming from Maine.

Nicksomuch
03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
you will likely not survive all 3 days. The attrition rate after the first day increases exponentially by the hour. Sunday is highly difficult as you must sidestep corpses as you dance.

Well put.