PDA

View Full Version : How does selling work?

BlueBerryTeri
04-07-2010, 09:06 AM
If you are selling tickets and someone wants to buy, how does the transfer happen?
Does anyone have any tips?

Never done this before and don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks

psychic friend
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
the seller hands the tickets to the buyer, the buyer hands the money to the seller and prays that the tickets are real.

stephen22
04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
are you buying/selling them over craigslist? be careful. Have them pay you through Paypal and give them a shipping number. It's a lot riskier to tell something to someone out of state outside of stubhub and ebay.

cuauhtemoc723
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
i got scalpers at the parking lot the day radiohead played cos they were sold out. then i had a bad feeling and asked for my money. i went to the box office and bought one there. needless to say, the ticket was indeed fake.

unfortunately, my friend did not ask for his money back and they ripped the ticket when he got to the front - ouch!

ebay is better than craigslist because you have a bit more monitoring, but you won't get as much because of their fees. if you wanna post it on craigslist and want to trade it for money, take one of those "fake bill detectors"

best of luck!

Stickjohn
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
and they're talking about paper tickets. NEVER trust e-tickets from strangers. maybe at a small venue if they are willing to walk in with you but don't pay in advance. Big festivals, especially sold out ones, bring out the scammers.

gaypalmsprings
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Only trust Western Union. Canadians are the best.

psycobetabuckdown
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
PM me your bank account number and phone number and I'll wire you the money via Western Union. Give me the confirmation number for the tickets too.