PDA

View Full Version : friendly canucks need camping!

mprmusic
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
last year when my brother and i made the last minute decision (only 3 days before the festival!) to fly down for Coachella, we were able to score camping tix for face value. the going rate is 10x face value this year.. and it totally sucks.

so anyways, we're looking for some help here..

1) anyone want to adopt us?
- got an extra spot for an 8x8 tent? and a place for our beer? we will share in the costs. and our beer.

2) anyone want to cave and go in on an expensive spot together?
- if there are a group of us willing to spend some money, maybe we'd actually be able to afford to buy a camping ticket.

3) anyone out there a decent human being with a camping ticket to sell?
- not looking to take all our money and want to sell a camping ticket for a reasonable price? i would gladly adopt people into our spot (for free) if i could afford a reasonably priced ticket.

any Canadians out there who might be able to help?
- you're Canadian, you're friendly, you know you wanna help out. and you know you're gonna wanna talk about hockey with someone while you're down there. and it'll be playoff time. holy crap.

mprmusic
04-08-2010, 01:07 AM
the about us section:

we're 25 & 29, brothers, and Canadian (so we're friendly, easy going, and like our beer).

we obviously love music.. the list of bands i wanna see is huge.. here's a sampling: vampire weekend, grizzly bear, lcd, tcv, sleigh bells, yeasayer, muse, mgmt, xx, flying lotus, white rabbits, beach house, gorillaz, spoon, phoenix, thom y, charlotte g, owen p, miike snow (and many more).

i also want to hear new bands and make new friends while watching them. i work in music, and my brother works way harder than me doing less fun things. i failed chemistry. i'm too tired to be witty.

mprmusic
04-08-2010, 01:08 AM
* we'll have a car, but if we're joining your spot, we'll deal with it.
* we're flying into and driving down from Vegas. we can offer a lift if anyone needs one.
* we're flexible on a thursday eve / friday am arrival. depending on what everyone else is doing.
* we're departing monday to LA, and can also offer a lift back there.

alright, if you can help, it'd definitely be appreciated. send a msg.

mprmusic
04-08-2010, 03:45 PM
bumping this thread in hopes of finding someone for option #2 above. c'mon, no Canadians in the house?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/27/1267234619798/Canada-hockey-team-002.jpg

canexplain
04-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Keep trying because there are a number of Canadians on the board. There is at least one from your city I know. Do a search also and you can find where the Canadians have posted and maybe you can get something going. I am sorry being from Colorado though that we might have to kick your butts in the finals :)

Andymac175
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
sdd

entertainthehope
04-09-2010, 11:34 AM
would've loved to offer you a space, but our tent space is full. BUT, maybe we can visit and say hi... hockey, i don't know if there's much to talk about? unless you're an ottawa or vancouver fan?

frozen pilgrim
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
There is at least one from your city I know.

lol, I think he means me!

keep at it, guys. worst case scenario I'm sure you;ll get adopted on-site. that, or you could go for one of the non-official camgrounds nearby

mprmusic
04-09-2010, 06:02 PM
looks like we might have found ourselves a legit camping ticket, and now might have some spots of our own to share. i'll know late tonight (and make another post). thanks for the kind advice though pilgrim.

andymac.. if you've crossed the bridge for some dirty nights in Windsor, then ya, you're definitely half Canadian.

entertainthehope.. we're Canadiens fans, so if all goes well this weekend, we'll still have lots to talk about.

mprmusic
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
oh ya.. canexplain, thanks for the search advice. although for your Colorado remark, this one's for you, haha...

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-03/52497586.jpg

mprmusic
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
we got a camping spot! cost a lot but shit happens, right?

so here's what's up:
- we'll be arriving friday before noon, staying until monday
- we'll be parking our car on the spot
- we'll have room on the spot to share with one other tent

if you're still looking to share and the above works for you, send a PM, tell us about yourself, and we'll hopefully get back to people on monday and set it up.

* i guess you don't have to be Canadian or like hockey, but you'll have to acknowledge that we're the best at it. *

Andymac175
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I'll be looking for that flag Torontochellians :)

This thread is lol.
hell yea! Windsor! good times hahahaha

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02Uk4hB1SBd3o/610x.jpg