PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Help

ouch,myback!
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I have had a pretty rough last year and a half. Three spinal surgeries in less than 9 months. One resulting in permanent loss of mobility in my lower back. I've been in bed for close to 90% of that time in pain that makes you wish you were never born. This concert is the only thing in my life that I have to look forward to. I have a ticket, but was unable to get a camping spot and am so very screwed in my position if I can't get one. Me and my friend, both very friendly, caring, funny, outgoing, respectful 28 year old men need a spot for our car, and our tent. We, of course, will help pay, and clean, make sandwiches, provide other concert desirables, whatever you want if you are willing to share with us. You have no idea what this would mean to me. Really. I truly need some human compassion. Thanks guys and gals. Let me know if you can help. Thank you so much and high five!

Bud Luster
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
So like, what kinda pain meds you got?

obzen
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh fuck.

luckyface
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Do you think camping is the best idea for a bad back? I think a hotel bed might be a lot better for it.

brfilora
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Dude, if you and your buddy just show up and walk around tent only camping I'm sure you'll find someone with space who will let you set up your tent.

ouch,myback!
04-05-2010, 02:39 PM
luckyface, believe you me, i would love a hotel bed, but that will probably be a lot more money and i am on disability with very limited funds. I have about 10 pillows i can bring with me though and make a pillow nest. budluster, i don't ever share addictive meds with anyone EVER. My conscience won't let me, if it is green though, every man in the world is my brother and every woman my sister if they want to partake in mine. Brfilora, if i can't get someone's help here, that's what i will have to do, but we still need a place to park the car all weekend. Thanks for your concern so far! Help restore my faith in humanity someone! dealing with workers comp for a while makes you start to think everyone is evil and wants you to die. I need a refreshing reminder of how amazing people can be to even a complete stranger in need. And I promise you i am not asking for anything I wouldn't or haven't done myself. This is where I'm hoping that karma that everyone keeps talking about will kick in! ; )

brfilora
04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
luckyface, believe you me, i would love a hotel bed, but that will probably be a lot more money and i am on disability with very limited funds. I have about 10 pillows i can bring with me though and make a pillow nest. budluster, i don't ever share addictive meds with anyone EVER. My conscience won't let me, if it is green though, every man in the world is my brother and every woman my sister if they want to partake in mine. Brfilora, if i can't get someone's help here, that's what i will have to do, but we still need a place to park the car all weekend. Thanks for your concern so far! Help restore my faith in humanity someone! dealing with workers comp for a while makes you start to think everyone is evil and wants you to die. I need a refreshing reminder of how amazing people can be to even a complete stranger in need. And I promise you i am not asking for anything I wouldn't or haven't done myself. This is where I'm hoping that karma that everyone keeps talking about will kick in! ; )

As far as keeping your car somewhere overnight, Read the excerpt below from the coachella website. A viable option for you if you show up early on Thursday. Though walking with all your stuff given your back condition may be daunting/time consuming it IS an option:

Companion Camping Car Parking??
We are driving up separately and camping with friends who already have a camping spot (TENT ONLY OR CAR CAMPING). Where do I park my car?
Can I move my car?

There is a LIMITED amount of overnight parking for companion cars. This parking lot will be a long walk to all the camping areas. There is no close drop point for camping gear. If you are joining your friend(s) who already have a spot set up or you have more than one car with your group of friends sharing a spot, you can park the other vehicle here. It is imperative that all onsite campers carpool and combine into the least number of vehicles. This area WILL fill up. If you move your car from here you may not be able to get a spot when you return. Cars parked in this lot will ONLY be allowed to leave or return between the hours of 2am - 11am starting friday 4/16/10. If you need to leave for good to go home outside of those hours, plan ahead and move your car into regular festival day parking between 9am - 11a.

These lots will be closed to in and out traffic at all other times.

Please note that festival "DAY PARKING" is not for overnight parking or campers and cars will be towed at 3am.

NO, you can NOT sleep in your car in this lot. This is NOT camping, it is parking for companions arriving later than their group of friends.

Stand By for camping/parking maps closer to the festival dates.

Yes this lot opens when onsite camping opens