PDA

View Full Version : FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

fober
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
And if you have any doubts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiczMZmyOnQ

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I'd like to check out this band, but Friday is totally swamped. I don't know if I even want to try. :( Do you think DJ Shadow or Faithless will close the Sahara tent?

fober
01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking Faithless will close the Sahara tent on Friday night.

matsuolost
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
lets rock

Boourns
01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
And if you have any doubts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiczMZmyOnQ

Oh man, that was fucking awesome!

Friday's conflicts are going to be hell.

fober
01-22-2007, 01:00 PM
They just swapped Faithless and Dj Shadow on the official poster, so I'm pretty confident Faithless will be closing the Sahara Tent on Friday night.

FuzztheCat
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but I've seen faithless a few times and they aren't even in the same ball park. They're good and they're fun, but they're not Daft. Daft Punk last year was simply off the charts amazing. I will be blown away if Faithless is even half as good as Daft was last year. I am actually a little disappointed that there are no real headliners in the sahara tent this year....tiesto and van dyke don't count!!! Maybe they will add some?!?!?!!

bmack86
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
They're good and they're fun, but they're not Daft.

Read in cockney accent and laugh.

summerkid
01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
i know i'm so bumbed i have to miss faithless oh well. JAMC + BJORK WOOO!!!

fober
01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Here's another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IneitBpSeWA

For the record, I don't mean to say Faithless will perform a similar set to Daft Punk.

I'm saying not many stateside have seen Faithless perform, so they don't know what to expect, similar to Daft Punk.

I believe the audience will be pleasantly surprised, especially considered the lack of other high-energy electronic acts, thus far.

josephv909
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
i think MSTRKRFT is this years daft punk. they are doooope!

mschirmersf
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Hardly.
Faithless is alright. Some of their music is good, but a lot of it is cheesy techno. Especially their earlier stuff.
Daft Punk is in a category all by their lonesome.
If you were there last year, they made about 5000 people cream their pants!

starrdogg
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Argh, I'd really like to see Faithless, but they likely will be closing out the Sahara Tent, hence conflicting with Bjork. Think they have any chance of playing the mainstage?

sighlent
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
can we please not talk about Daft Punk anymore, i'm still so bummed I couldn't make it last year to see them.

maddjester
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
nothing is better than daft punk.... i dont care what anyone says...
i saw them 3 times (Coachella in California, Pukkelpop in Belgium, and Bud Rising in Dublin, Ireland) and let me tell you...each one of those shows....was jsut...brilliant. It will never be topped by any other elctronic show....period.

joppy-slow
01-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Get ready for Justice, Erol Alkan, and MSTRKRFT.. I think Justice is on Ed. Bangers label (same manager as Daft Punk). Soulwax should be very tight also... they have some fun stuff on youtube. Faithless is not this years Daft Punk. not even on the same bar..

elChurro
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
cool, another pretty light show.

instinct
01-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for Justice, Faithless, and MSTRKRFT.

Soulwax should be sick too.

maddjester
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Get ready for Justice, Erol Alkan, and MSTRKRFT.. I think Justice is on Ed. Bangers label (same manager as Daft Punk). Soulwax should be very tight also... they have some fun stuff on youtube. Faithless is not this years Daft Punk. not even on the same bar..

digitalism and justice are awesome though! I caught them at pukkelpop didnt see them at budrising. But yea them and DP were together at pukkelpop and budrising...it was SSWWWEEEEEETTT they will put on a good show

ciaoq
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
faithless are no where near the league of DP. faithless are really good if you have never seen them before. but if you have its miss, miss, miss.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
OR THIS ONE!FSVm9e5zDt4&mode=related&search=

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
lSYsfzduH8o&mode=related&search=I Like this one as well - they fucking rock live!

Friday is gonna hurt

crazzz2007
01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
can we please not talk about Daft Punk anymore, i'm still so bummed I couldn't make it last year to see them.

HA HA, you missed the greatest Sahara performance in Coachella history, maybe one of the top 5 performances ever in Coachella history.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 03:02 PM
DAFT PUNK
definitely top 5 performances ever. In my top 3 acutally. Behind UW in 99 and Lamb in 99

orbit
01-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Yeah, I couldnt make it either. Fuck it, but still have the little hope to see them this year.. Please GV, kick RHCP out from there, and bring Daft Punk.

Faithless cant headline the Sahara Tent, please not.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I couldnt make it either. Fuck it, but still have the little hope to see them this year.. Please GV, kick RHCP out from there, and bring Daft Punk.

Faithless cant headline the Sahara Tent, please not.

I don't know who else would

piperatthegates
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Faithless are good live but lack that onstage electricity... I reckon DJ Shadow is a good bet for the Friday.
Downloaded Daft Punk at Coachella from last year.. amazing!! but it's the exact same set they played everywhere. I saw them in Dublin and got a feeling it wasnt Bangalter & H-C in those suits??
Arctic Monkeys are quality live, raw as phuk!!
Listen Out for Rodrigo y Gabriela, a mindblowing rock/flamenco infusion, they made their name in Ireland busking... I remember watching them on Grafton St. in Dublin and being astounded...
Anyhoo, enough crap out of me... Great line up... Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Air, Rage Against The Machine... Well worth travelling a few thousand miles:) Nuff Said

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
DAFT PUNK
definitely top 5 performances ever. In my top 3 acutally. Behind UW in 99 and Lamb in 99

My vote is to add Daft Punk, Lamb, AND Underworld (and Portishead, of course).

piperatthegates
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
nothing is better than daft punk.... i dont care what anyone says...
i saw them 3 times (Coachella in California, Pukkelpop in Belgium, and Bud Rising in Dublin, Ireland) and let me tell you...each one of those shows....was jsut...brilliant. It will never be topped by any other elctronic show....period.

You need to see Orbital, Chemical Brothers or the Prodigy... They're up they're, im not sure the Daft set is as live as everyone seems to think...
Still phukin amazing though...
Dublin was good with DJ Falcon supporting... live.

nahzt
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
You need to see Orbital, Chemical Brothers or the Prodigy... They're up they're, im not sure the Daft set is as live as everyone seems to think...
Still phukin amazing though...
Dublin was good with DJ Falcon supporting... live.

Yeah, I'm with you about the Chemical Brothers. I thought their set from 2005 topped Daft Punks from last year. Both were fucking fantastic, I think the chem bros just have more material to weave into a set.

SFChrissy
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I can't believe you peepz haven't even mentioned KRAFTWERK!!!

Total forfathers and were real fucking dope when they played Sahara!!!

Don't forget that one...

Dr. Odd Marvel
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM
They are not going to be my Daft Punk this year DP is a big reason I went last year. I will see Faithless but Fri. has alot a decent acts & Faithless is not my biggest concern.

joppy-slow
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
thats great that you got to see justice and dp at puk.. im still kicking myself for missing dp.. i can't wait to see soulwax....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zV2cw5xa4HY

whats the difference between soulwax and 2-many-dj's, are they the same? I know soulwax plays many live instruments during their sets.. but i have no clue..

jtovar21
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Soulwax are the live band, where they play their own songs. 2manydjs are the djs that play mostly other peoples songs. Same dudes.

cashew
01-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I saw Daft Punk at Coachella, Pukkelpop (music festival in Belgium), and Dublin.

My sister and I were in the front row centre (literally) for Pukkelpop and Dublin... and still Coachella was the best. Hmmm...

jaysocal
01-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I saw Daft Punk at Coachella, Pukkelpop (music festival in Belgium), and Dublin.

My sister and I were in the front row centre (literally) for Pukkelpop and Dublin... and still Coachella was the best. Hmmm...

I agree with you! I saw DP at Bang! in Miami and they were 100x better at Coachella (I was front and center for both)...it must have had something to do with the fact that they became Hermits to the US audience until that moment in time.

dflood75
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Daft Punk live was one of the best experiences of my life. Seriously the shit totaly blew me away. I felt like crying afterward...

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
ive heard good things bout faithless so im gonna make it a point to check them out.. any songs u suggest i download?

fober
01-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Grab the greatest hits CD.

Forever Faithless

Not Afraid
01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Justice IS DaftPunk!

fober
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Not Afraid, while that may be true, they'll be on stage at 4PM or something. That doesn't help their cause.

I am looking forward to MSTRKRFT, Justice and Soulwax (or 2 Many Djs, whatever they show up as) but they'll be on way too early and for a shorter period of time.

For the time being, Faithless will be closing the Sahara Tent on Friday night.

NoGwenPlease
01-22-2007, 10:47 PM
why hasn't anyone noticed that faithless is going to be this years Fischerspooner?

shakermaker113
01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
nothing is better than daft punk.... i saw them 3 times....period.

wanting to say something very rude right now. you lucky *uck.

EDITED: I like this in-window edit mode. way to go new message board.

shakermaker113
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Argh, I'd really like to see Faithless, but they likely will be closing out the Sahara Tent, hence conflicting with Bjork. Think they have any chance of playing the mainstage?

no. but it's possible they won't conflict.

recall 2004. radiohead headlined the main stage, kraftwerk headlined the sahara the same day, and it was possible to see both. there was no overlap between sets.

similar situation last year with depeche mode and daft punk. although there might have been some overlap -- I didn't see depeche mode, so I am relying on the set times that were published. still, it was possible to see at least most of both, if not all.

so there is hope.

piperatthegates
01-23-2007, 12:16 AM
why hasn't anyone noticed that faithless is going to be this years Fischerspooner?

Cos Fischerspooner are a completely different act, there isnt really a comparison apart from maybe a few synths...

To be honest i dont really think Faithless are anything like Daft Punk in any way shape or form, they havent got a hope of overshadowing Daft Punks show last year...

drewoftherushes
01-23-2007, 01:56 AM
You're right, Daft Punk started way late so the Depeche Mode crowd got to wander over. Fortunately, my instincts drew me to Daft Punk, and I was dead center for the whole set. Good lord.

We don't need another Daft Punk, because something like that only comes along once in a blue moon. That was the Hendrix Star Spangled Banner for this generation. Faithless look like a lot of fun in the video, I think they could headline the Sahara tent (though I suppose it depends how much material they have). I'd love to see another big name slipped in there (Underworld, Aphex Twin) but I'm not holding my breath.

mschirmersf
01-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Daft Punk last year was the scene stealer of the festival and really of all Coachella history. It just rocked the socks off everyone there and suprised the hell out of me. I love them, but didn't expect to be taken to that level of digital fantasmagorical ecstacy! I would give anything to see them again!

cashew
01-23-2007, 08:24 AM
wanting to say something very rude right now. you lucky *uck.

EDITED: I like this in-window edit mode. way to go new message board.
i saw them three times, too, because i was under the impression that they'd never tour again. this being said, i'm not complaining whatsoever about the fact that they're going to keep touring this year.

nahzt
01-23-2007, 11:27 AM
We don't need another Daft Punk, because something like that only comes along once in a blue moon.

I'm sure faithless will be decent. This year is definitely missing a definitive electronic/dance act in the sahara. I almost did forget about Kraftwerk 04'. the chem bros nailed it in 05', and of course daft punk owned 06'. Will faithless be able to fill the shoe? doubtful, but I welcome them to do their damndest. My drunk ass will be ready for some dancing by the time they come on :thu

superfiction
01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
nothing will ever compare to daft punk.

mazurmac
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
no. but it's possible they won't conflict.

recall 2004. radiohead headlined the main stage, kraftwerk headlined the sahara the same day, and it was possible to see both. there was no overlap between sets.

similar situation last year with depeche mode and daft punk. although there might have been some overlap -- I didn't see depeche mode, so I am relying on the set times that were published. still, it was possible to see at least most of both, if not all.

so there is hope.

I think I caught about 5 or 6 songs by Depeche before I wandered over to see the best live show i've ever seen..

daftwerk
01-31-2007, 11:49 AM

EROL ALKAN=NOT PLAYING THIS YEAR

phoenixsky
01-31-2007, 12:02 PM
i think MSTRKRFT is this years daft punk. they are doooope!

Werd! And I have a feeling Justice will make a sneaky little appearance during their set. It's going to be phenomenal.

And I agree with being content on not seeing Daft Punk again. The set was so legendary I don't believe there should ever be an attempt to recreate such musical euphoria. My heart is in their space pyramid.