PDA

View Full Version : first fridays at the natural history museum

scoliosisjones
04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
was there last night for fitz and the tantrums and breakestra both groups put on an amazing show not to mention the rebellious feeling of having a concert in a museum all around amazing set up with a lounge, djs, food, full bar, 3d glasses and the dino lab! it happens every first friday of the month with a lecture before the show last nights was about living on the San Andreas fault just as entertaining as the live performances i extremely recommend this event to all! <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEIV588WDg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEIV588WDg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PlayaDelWes
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes, great event. Walking around a museum with a bottle of wine and watching a show at the same time is hard to beat.

TallGuyCM
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Those are two amazingly long run-on sentences, scoliosisjones.

tessalasset
04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
i havent gone to one this year. don't know if i will. but i've been to the Mountain Goats, Why? and the Little Ones for those nights. good times.

scoliosisjones
04-04-2010, 12:12 AM
sorry I dropped out of highschool and joined the local union 305

Those are two amazingly long run-on sentences, scoliosisjones.

alisonnn
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
i have such a love/hate relationship with nhm first fridays.

I thought this year they started out with such strong lineups [atlas sound/tune-yards & yeasayer/warpaint] both were eclectic and fit the museum venue. then they had deertick which i missed but might have been good then fitz (who had just played the echo) i think they could get not necessarily better acts but more eclectic laid back acts.

also the deal where even if you get tickets into the museum you have to wait in a line for hours to guarantee you'll get inside the actual hall with the bands. thank god they changed this otherwise i'd never go back.

don't get me wrong i think what they're doing is awesome but they haven't gotten everything right yet. anyone else feel the same?

pancakespancakes
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Neon Indian will be doing the June 4th show. I'm definitely inclined to check it out. I'm not a huge fan of Neon Indian but had such a blast at the other First Friday event I attended... sounds like a perfect way to ring in the summer.

TallGuyCM
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a perfect way to ring in the summer. Standing in line for 8 hours just to get in. My guess is that Neon Indian draws a Yeasayer-like megacrowd and isn't quite worth the trouble.

rag and bone
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I was really trying to make it out for the Yeasayer/Warpaint show but unfortunately didn't work out. But then I heard about the whole hours in line nonsense, which really GRINDS MY GEARS. grrrrr lines. I did, however, hear once you got it a pretty excellent environment. I hope to catch one soon enough.

scoliosisjones
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
thats not the case anymore you can buy i guess an all access wrist band for 20 dollars.. show, lecture , all exhibits,and the lounge... breakestra played with with fitz ... breakstra are legends within the funk circle .. personally i enjoy the diversity of each first friday