PDA

View Full Version : after hours campsite

livethechoice
04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
So, was there ever a final word on if this place was legit or not? I know the owners are pushing like it's legit, but was there any word from people that stayed there last year or know these people firsthand? Did we ever get confirmation that they had the proper permits? Hahah, or am I just going to have to deal with having a shady last resort?

heyeric
04-02-2010, 05:16 PM
NOT LEGIT, don't trust.

livethechoice
04-02-2010, 05:26 PM
reasons?
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just curious

sison3531
04-02-2010, 05:27 PM
I bought a camping pass from them a couple weeks ago. Are they really not legit? Because it was $90...

heyeric
04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I bought a camping pass from them a couple weeks ago. Are they really not legit? Because it was $90...

$90, ouch. Yes it's "legit". They have nothing to do with coachella though, probably aren't aware that insurance and such is needed. I would just hate to see all you people wasting your money and not get what you thought you were paying for.

sison3531
04-02-2010, 05:36 PM
$55 for the car, $35 for myself. And by legit do you mean not going to be fun and it's going to be shitty, or legit as in fake and I just got scammed and when I show up I'm going to be greeted by a pile of sand? Kids and their slang :)

livethechoice
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
hahah, sorry about that sison, legit as in do they have everything they say they will have, i.e showers, will my car be safe, that sorta thing. I was basically just looking for some validation from previous "guests" of the campsite.
Hahah, totally made me laugh with the kids comment. Reminded me of that old Lipton Brisque Iced Tea commercial, with the karate kid. "Kid? I'm 35!"

heyeric
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Honestly...I cant vouch for it, this year is totally different and so many people are screwed out of camping. So how about you come back on here after coachella and either tell everyone how much it sucked, or how awesome it was. Only a couple miles away from the venue...my suggestion: ride a bike each day.

livethechoice
04-02-2010, 05:54 PM
if I end up there I'll definitely come back with a review

Bullet760
04-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I will too. We all take chances, even us, the owners of the land. For all we know. We probably reserved a space for a convict or rapist or even a killer. We mainly got security to protect our property from getting distroyed by all these campers. And to protect you from each other. This is a camping spot and to secure your car. We can't keep you from parting so it just might turn into one. It's up to you and we have gave many people a refund. Reserve now to secure a spot and get your refund if you find a more trusted place.

Bullet760
04-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Is it time for a roll-call yet? We got a few spots left open if you still need a piece of earth to camp out on. Email me for info

kcoste4914
04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Just a note to let everyone know that this was a legitimate camping experience. We had a blast. The showers and security were great. This was the best decision we could have made. The music and people were fantastic. Albert is a good guy and we look forward to next year!

YouthD
04-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Just a note to let everyone know that this was a legitimate camping experience. We had a blast. The showers and security were great. This was the best decision we could have made. The music and people were fantastic. Albert is a good guy and we look forward to next year!

wtfh?!

michaelmontanez
04-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I do have to confirm as well, that the place was actually pretty awesome. The whole site was really chill, and a good place to stay.

Bullet760
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Goodtimes everybody. Still a lil tired from it all. This year was a learning experience and as you all saw we have allot of room for next year. For those that were worried about police, well there was none to bother us, and we even had complaints from our own campers that the music was too loud. Next year we'll fix all that and even the shuttle issue. But other than that it was great. Thank you all for trusting us and if we had an award for the the biggest party animals, it would have to be Marco, TJ and team Canada, love you guys and I guess thank you for waking us up every morning with some Bob Marley. Thank you all again
ps: I found a wallet and a medical cannibus card if you lost it, get at me

emoltra
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Also chiming in to say I had a blast, huge props to Roberto and his wife for doing a great job running the shuttles. Everything was there as advertised. We met some awesome fellow campers there and spent a lot of time hanging out with them under their three EZ-UP tents :)

TheAverageMexican
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Camping was incredible...such an awesome experience with great people. Not one mad person at all. Everyone on the same page. Anyone see this?? Luckily i was there to record it. All these people stretching at 4 a.m. before the march around the campgrounds took place. Hilarious.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XmgrzCuTqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XmgrzCuTqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

alisonnn
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Camping was incredible...such an awesome experience with great people. Not one mad person at all. Everyone on the same page. Anyone see this?? Luckily i was there to record it. All these people stretching at 4 a.m. before the march around the campgrounds took place. Hilarious.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XmgrzCuTqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XmgrzCuTqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dammit! that looks like so much fun i was totally in my tent with my friend and heard it at 4am still rolling going "please can i go join please let me go please let me goooo" and she convinced me otherwise :(

emoltra
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
hey guys, those last two posts have nothing to do with the coachella after hours campsite, the CAHC people probably don't appreciate you derailing the thread.

tyia

Team_Canada
04-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Hahahahaha Guys This spot is sooo freakin legit its not even funny. A must for every Coachella party goer that wants to stay close to the grounds with easy access transportation, not get all his booze confiscated at the entrance, party hard without worrying of gettting in legal troubles, and meet other people from all over with similar interests.

These guys were like family within the first hour of meeting them. Albert and Victor had thought of everything, We got greeted with a Big smile , a very respectable price for the weekend, plenty of space, safe & clean environment with laid back security, a DJ Booth with LOUUUUUD ass speakers (that i ROCKED all night everynight!! haha sorry guys) , Lazers, a HUGE fog machine haha (*that we rocked in the RV with the lazers at one point! haha Thx again Albert you da man) , Food and drinks for 1$ or more all day and night, and an awesome view of the mountains in the morning with shuttles ready to take you anywhere for only a small tip!

Whatever request you had over the weekend, these guys were there to ensure you have a good time. Albert and Victor, you guys have something real good , Im 100% sure after this year you guys will become a well known spot to crash in for the weekend. Once i get the pics of the afterhours ground off the good camera, ill post a few here to confirm its legitimacy.

In due time, Add Marco Perron , Montreal network on Facebook if you came to Party it up With Team Canada

Thanks again for the Couches! hahaha! Awesome!

brematale111
12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
this place was great, I think I'll definitely camp there again this year if possible.

juloxx
12-26-2010, 03:30 PM

acid... every one of them

Neighborhood Creep
12-26-2010, 09:41 PM
That video was shot at The After Hours? looked like a lot of people

le cab
12-27-2010, 12:43 AM
acid... every one of them

yes.

gotothemusicshop
01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
i like that video of people stretching

Bullet760
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Last year around late February we began to hit these message boards offering our private 10 acre ranch to anyone who needed a place to camp-out with showers,bathrooms and a shuttle. 2009 was the first year we hosted this campsite and only got around 7 campers. With no proof or pics to prove this site was real, In 2010 it took us 2 months of trying to convince people we were real. Almost about 2 weeks before the festival, we got flooded with emails from people desperate for a place to stay... still not convinced, they still reserved their space. Our turn out last year of number of campers was.........wait for it.......................about 130 campers, 60 cars and 3 RV's. Thank You all who believed in us. We will never forget last year and never forget all the new friends we gained in this process. We learned allot last year, like campers only want to rest after a long day being at the festival and they don't want to hear loud music during there rest lol well there wont be no after party this year i promise. Shuttles are gonna be more organize and we'll probably have a hot dog stand waiting for you to get your grub on after the festival. We just saw how calm everything was and expecting the same. 2011 is gonna be big for all of us. Most campers from last year already reserved there spaces so now its time to post this campsite to everyone else who is in need of a spot to camp. 10 acres is allot of space to fill
Your friends:
Albert(Tyco)
Vikta(Victor)
Yuliana

Stickjohn
01-28-2011, 11:42 AM
it's about time.

Danny
01-28-2011, 07:02 PM
well im up for this since i have no place to crash yet!

does anyone know if this place is good as lake cahuilla and as close?

(we're coming from england hence the lack of knowledge of the place aha)

TheWhat
01-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Where exactly is it located at?

Stellaaaaa
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
I love how this guy advertises his great "private 10 acre ranch", then leaves us hanging with no furthur info...

Stickjohn
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
this is an old thread from last year http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37731&highlight=hours

not a recommendation or an endorsement; just some background from the board

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Why do you use GV's dime to advertise? Why not have your own website & advertising? Proof of a license and insurance would be nice, too.

wraptor347
01-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I stayed here last year. It was a good deal considering how much festival camping passes were going for. My complaints last year were the music that people were blasting all night and the shuttles being disorganized and hard to find after the festival. Overall it was a good experience though, it was easy to get to the festival (getting back was hard, but didn't require cab fare), showers and bathrooms were plenty, it was very easy getting in and out of the area (could drive into town to pick up supplies/get out of the heat). Another huge plus was being able to leave before the festival campers could; we were able to beat a lot of traffic. I'm glad to hear they're working on getting rid of the music after the festival and working on organizing the shuttles.
I won't be staying there this year b/c I was able to get a condo for cheap this year and didn't want to camp (the heat was a bit too much for me, so having A/C will be real nice this year), but if I decided to camp again, I'd probably prefer this location to the festival grounds (not being stuck once entering is important to me, though others may not care as much).
I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of the place, but I arrived at night after a 9 hour drive and after that I was focused on the festival rather than the campsite. I was skeptical and nervous that I was being scammed until I arrived at the location, but I'm glad I took the chance.

LindseyRae
01-31-2011, 11:11 AM

Link to the info please?

campafterhours
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
The place is about 5 miles from the festival so it's just as close as Lake Cahuilla. Had a blast last year. Only hoping for the best this year. Especially since more people will join in. The whole fam bam loved it.

richiedigs
01-31-2011, 04:20 PM
I already emailed you tyco!
Glad to hear the music will be gone, it was cool but it just went on TOO late! (it actually never ended)
these guys really took care of us last year. food, security, and lots of cool people around.

surfin009
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
just reserved my spot for this location! I'm camping solo, though meeting some friends @ the fest.. who else is staying here this year?

headfones
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
just reserved a spot as well.

hoping for the best

8Asublime
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
How does someone reserve a spot for this ranch across the street?

Ajaxe
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
there seems to be an awful lot of lurkers on this thread though. ;) <---

surfin009
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
How does someone reserve a spot for this ranch across the street?

send an email to: coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com

hope to meet some new friends there!

brematale111
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
This place is legit! camped there last year and had a blast.

headfones
02-15-2011, 09:14 PM
are you camping there again?

brematale111
02-19-2011, 10:57 AM
are you camping there again?

sure am.

feo62
02-20-2011, 11:59 AM
So how much does this cost for the weekend? per person for thurs to mon?

Stellaaaaa
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
So how much does this cost for the weekend? per person for thurs to mon?

Write coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com for info

brematale111
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago it was 45$ per person and 65$ per car. and the closer to the festival it gets the higher the prices will be

yuliana333
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
What's going on here? Hey Stella & TheWhat! You guys found a place to camp out at yet?
We still got some space for campers still interested in staying at our campsite.
Just email us at coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com

Stellaaaaa
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
What's going on here? Hey Stella & TheWhat! You guys found a place to camp out at yet?
We still got some space for campers still interested in staying at our campsite.
Just email us at coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com

Yes maam, I reserved through Albert(or maybe it was you!) a few days after my first post. By the way, where exactly is the campsite going to be located?

4u2cnow
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
the days are going so slow and sitting at work the clock just doesn't move fast enough....excited for Coachella 2011 this year and glad i have a place to stay along with 11 of my closes friends....email Yuly, Albert or Vikta for reservations NOW...coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com....LET S DO THIS ALREADY HAHA

VIKTADALTON
04-06-2011, 02:16 PM
[U]UPDATE: Asked questions

Are we having some kind of convenient store?
No for the moment, but there is a am/pm and a couple of food spots to eat about a mile away, our shuttles can drive u there, or bring a bike.

Thank you to all those who reserved already, we will be sending u an email with further information by Friday.

For those that still need a place to camp, emails us asap to reserve your spot. Please be patient, we will get to your emails as soon as we can. During this time, we do get flooded with emails on reservations so please bare with us.

We suggest that you bring everything you feel com-table with:

More room was made at our ranch. I see there's still people needing a place to camp. Email us now and reserve. Things you should bring:

Tent
Blankets
towels
Pillows
EZ-UP
Battery Powered Lamps
Batteries
Cooler
Sunscreen
Electric Razors (for shaving)
if not electric, then shaving cream
shampoo
soap
aniti-bacterial
camera
foldable chair
tooth paste
tooth brush
cell phone-charger
food, drinks, beer
sun glasses
Extra Underwear
medication, peptobismol and aspirins
ear plugs,
pretty much anything you want....haha lets do this

Email us today

ps: campers are also asking if we're having an afterhours party??

Last year we had a party thrusday, Friday and Saturday night which was a success with some complaints. The Party was originally made for the purpose of keeping the party going all night for people that still wanted to party but "SAW" that coachella goers came back tired and just wanted to go straight to sleep, but allot of them couldnt because of the music being to loud......also wanted to eat so we just might have some kind of food stand like we did last year.

As of now, we're not having a party but if we do, we'll have to have a vote on who wants to have this party and it will only be for thrusday night to welcome our new year of campers....

if you have any suggestions on how we can make this a better experience please email ASAP

THANK YOU
Vikta
Albert
Yuly

yuliana333
04-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Yes maam, I reserved through Albert(or maybe it was you!) a few days after my first post. By the way, where exactly is the campsite going to be located?

It will still be located in Thermal but in a different ranch from last year off of Avenue 66 & Fillmore St. We'll get you & all our fellow campers much more info on Friday.

4u2cnow
04-08-2011, 08:55 AM
just a lil info for you all:

AfterHours Campsite was not effected or shut down by Indio City Police Department. This campsite is not even close to the city of Indio. Its located in the city of Thermal which is about 15min SE of the pologrounds;;
If you still need a place to camp with transportation, email coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com ASAP to reserve a spot......

highlikeplane
04-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I stayed with them last year. Its a muddy lot. No grass. They said it had grass last year. Haha. Otherwise it's pretty good. The family there is really nice and helpful. They helped me find a ticket when my original ticket turned out to be a fake. They had good tamales and fruit available too :D I had good neighbors and almost everyone at the camp was cool, except for "Team Canada" they were retarded and extreamly annoying. Haha. OH the only main downfall I found about the after hours campsite is that they also hold raves there so you're forced to listen to creepy house music all night while Indio kids attend a rave. the rave they had on saturday last year was filled with people all wearing white shirts. the guys stood around the dance floor while watchign girls dance. it was a little creeeeppppyyyyy. Otherwise its an awesome alternative if you couldnt get into the Coachella campgrounds.

LINEOFELEMENTS
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
vikta ROCKS!!!

brematale111
04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
we're bringing a beer pong table for thursday night, if you see us come by and join in for a game

LINEOFELEMENTS
04-10-2011, 03:04 PM
i wish for u to stay with Vikta i got spot

brematale111
04-10-2011, 03:07 PM
wat

4u2cnow
04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Address to Afterhours campsite was just emailed to me:

56-545 S.Jackson St. Thermal ca. 92274 Google it to see how close this is to the Festival.

Also said the Shuttles will run all day and a cell phone number will be giving to call them when your ready. A drop and pick up spot will be assign so the shuttles will know where to find us. Just bring your ID if you paid with paypal

NachoCat
04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Looks like we will be arriving about 10pm thursday night !!! booom very excite!

LINEOFELEMENTS
04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
PERFECT DAY AT COACHELLA!!!!!!!! FEELS SO GOOD!!! HAPPY CAMPING

yuliana333
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
So just to give everybody an update. So far Afterhours Campsite has over 80 campers, 50 cars, & 1 RV. Some people are bringing a beer pong table tomorrow night & we just might be having a little welcome party if everyone's is up for it. So if you're still not set on a place to camp out at this is the place to be.
Email us at coachellaafterhourscampsite@yahoo.com

LINEOFELEMENTS
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
lets camp!!!

4u2cnow
04-13-2011, 08:27 PM
We'll be there around 3pm tomorrow. wont be sleeping tonight lol

LINEOFELEMENTS
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
camper are great

brematale111
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
who else stayed here this year? there's a good chance we met. We had our own small community that weekend.

michaelmontanez
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm glad that this is still going on, totally a legit place to car camp, even if you have to take a shuttle to and from. Albert, thank you for being awesome and putting together such a nice little campsite.

brematale111
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
.....yeah, the shuttle situation was totally FUCKED this year. having to wait 2+ hours to get back? bullshit. friday and saturday we didn't get back until after 3 AM. paying the kind of money we did, this was unacceptable.

Neighborhood Creep
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Haha

brematale111
05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
shut it, you. not funny

NachoCat
05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Yeah we were planning on staying there but I convinced my friends that onsite was a much better option. Ended up getting Camp passes at face value so we lost the money with afterhours but it was worth it IMO. The thing about being onsite is if someone gets tired, needs to change or eat... Everything is right there. Just walk over and chill for a little bit.