PDA

View Full Version : The concert to bring in the millenium and world peace

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Almost one month ago, I wrote a rough list of premier talent I would like to see at the next woodstock, a three day festival that would bring world peace and unite artists from around the world. Coachella music festival has far exceeded my wildest expectations, except for the exclusion of fallout boy and John Mayer, and they did so with lightning speed. I am just now cracking the first of many beers in celebration that coachella music festival could be this show... Will be this show! Lechiem!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 11:14 am

Here's my list of performers I'd like to see at the next woodstock.

Lily Allen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Panic at the disco
Godsmack
Kt Tunstall
Matisyahu
Ludacris
Fallout boy
Regina Spektor
John Mayer
Weezer
lady sovereign
TV on the radio
Dave Matthews band
Our Lady Peace
Burning spear
Yellowman
Slightly stoopid
George Clinton and the parliament funkadelics
Deathcab for cutie
And, of course U2

www.myspace.com/downcitymusic

skavenbrew
02-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Fallout Boy gives me the runs.

hangthedj112
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, Coachella should listen to you next year and try to book some of these bands! Then it can turn into a shitty top 40 festival!

snowgirl_69
02-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Our Lady Peace are amazing...forget loud mouth bitch Lily Allen tho...she's shockingly bad....

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Coachella should listen to you next year and try to book some of these bands! Then it can turn into a shitty top 40 festival!

You're right, Coachella was even better at booking the bands than I was, but it's the same concept. It makes my concert look like an amateur gig, and that's exactly what I want. They did listen to me, they heard me, and they made my dream come true. Thank you Coachella.

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Woah, I just realized that fallout boy is playing at day 4 of coachella. Is John Mayer playing too? I might have to hitch across the country.

TickleMeElmo
02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I think I just puked in my mouth a lil bit.

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 02:11 PM

me too.

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Our Lady Peace are amazing...forget loud mouth bitch Lily Allen tho...she's shockingly bad....

I loooooooove our lady peace. They are amaaaaaaaaaazing live. Best shows I ever went to in Providence. If any sociopaths want to give me a ride across the country, I could catch a train anywhere between New York and Chicago.

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
This just in: Fallout boy is not playing at the concert. I do not need a ride across the country. Thanks anyway.

Thickfreakness21
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Almost one month ago, I wrote a rough list of premier talent I would like to see at the next woodstock, a three day festival that would bring world peace and unite artists from around the world. Coachella music festival has far exceeded my wildest expectations, except for the exclusion of fallout boy and John Mayer, and they did so with lightning speed. I am just now cracking the first of many beers in celebration that coachella music festival could be this show... Will be this show! Lechiem!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 11:14 am

Here's my list of performers I'd like to see at the next woodstock.

Lily Allen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Panic at the disco
Godsmack
Kt Tunstall
Matisyahu
Ludacris
Fallout boy
Regina Spektor
John Mayer
Weezer
lady sovereign
TV on the radio
Dave Matthews band
Our Lady Peace
Burning spear
Yellowman
Slightly stoopid
George Clinton and the parliament funkadelics
Deathcab for cutie
And, of course U2

www.myspace.com/downcitymusic

Quite possibly the WORST set-list I have ever seen in my entire life...Bands like that definately dont belong at Woodstock being that a great majority of them either A. Arent talented for shit, or B. Got big and play their music for money(if its even their own music). Woodstock, and Coachella for that matter are all about the MUSIC and it being a soulful experience, not something that was slapped together by some dude who writes music for poppy ass douche rock bands...Submit another one like that and I can guarantee you will be on alot more peoples shit list than you already are...

Thickfreakness21
02-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Quite possibly the WORST set-list I have ever seen in my entire life...Bands like that definately dont belong at Woodstock being that a great majority of them either A. Arent talented for shit, or B. Got big and play their music for money(if its even their own music). Woodstock, and Coachella for that matter are all about the MUSIC and it being a soulful experience, not something that was slapped together by some dude who writes music for poppy ass douche rock bands...Submit another one like that and I can guarantee you will be on alot more peoples shit list than you already are...

Ill make one correction on that, John Mayer is a very talented guitar player, f-in amazing with the blues...Along with John Frusciante of the Chili Peppers, that would be the only talent on that list, doesnt mean the music is good though...Carter Beauford is good too...

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM

You are talking about the Red Hot chili peppers, George Clinton, KT Tunstall, Regina Spektor, John Mayer, Burning Spear, Yellowman, OLP, and U2. Watch yourself. I wouldn't expect an industry sellout to recognize good live music. The problem with the list isn't that there isn't enough talent on it, it's that it isn't long enough. I wouldn't even want to be at this concert if there's spoiled brats like you at it. Piss off.

Thickfreakness21
02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
You are talking about the Red Hot chili peppers, George Clinton, KT Tunstall, Regina Spektor, John Mayer, Burning Spear, Yellowman, OLP, and U2. Watch yourself. I wouldn't expect an industry sellout to recognize good live music. The problem with the list isn't that there isn't enough talent on it, it's that it isn't long enough. I wouldn't even want to be at this concert if there's spoiled brats like you at it. Piss off.

Hey douche man, if you were able to read you would see that I corrected myself when I said that there was NO talent on that list...I enjoy listening to John Mayer's as well as John Frusciante's guitar playing...I also said that Carter Beauford(DMB) was a very talented drummer, other than that, I saw that it was the lamest set list ever for a potential Woodstock..

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Well my friend, then what is your problem? Lily Allen? If you are too much of a wuss to be able to handle her vinegar then you don't deserve your place on the scene. The English pop bands are popular because they have real talent, and I would kill to be able to see them in a concert with Rage against the machine. So what's your problem? Kt Tunstall? She can rock live. She can really play, and her act is spot on. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7BasZwjDw

All of those bands are on there because I believe that they could rock the stage, except for panic at the disco, who I added on so that fallout boy could have someone to hang out with. There's a new wave of music coming through and you'd better make way.

psychic friend
02-26-2007, 05:01 PM

me too!