PDA

View Full Version : No Alcohol if Anyone in Party is Under 21??

ndgilbert
03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Ok, so there are two cars of us on one camping spot... we're going to park the other car at a Wal Mart or something.... but half of the group is over 21 and half of us are 19 or 20... I heard if anyone in your party is under 21 they might not let you into the campground if you have beer. What should we do? The girl driving the car onto the campground is under 21, but I'm sure the ones who are legal will want to bring alcohol... should they carry it in? :/

frazzles
03-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Drop the minors off a couple hundred feet or so from the campground and make them walk in.

littlewolf
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol.

That's from FAQ. Doesn't say you can't get in, but that it's up to the guy who checks your car.

Darthcusm
03-30-2010, 09:31 AM
I wonder how the age differences will apply. Our group will be 38, 28, 21 and 20. I wonder if we will have any better luck with older people in the group opposed to 19-22 year old group. We maybe dropping off the youngster before the camping area, or just make a Ralphs run later.

billtino
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I wonder how the age differences will apply. Our group will be 38, 28, 21 and 20. I wonder if we will have any better luck with older people in the group opposed to 19-22 year old group. We maybe dropping off the youngster before the camping area, or just make a Ralphs run later.

GV is not altering the US minimum drinking age requirements. They basically put out a CYA to say just cause we are letting you bring in a case of beer this year, you still have to be 21 to possess/consume it. So they will be carding at time of entry (making sure you are all 18 & over (or with your parent/legal guardian if under 18) and also 21 & over if bringing any alcohol in. Fair warning to tell the under 21's to gtfo of the car before the check point.

And don't be surprised if the cops are CONTINUALLY carding everyone in your campsite even one of you looks like you are under 21 & beer is being consumed.

look1ngglass
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
So if I'm 20 and I'm going with a 21 year old friend and he drops me off before driving into the campsite, won't it be obvious that he has enough stuff in his car for two people? Won't they ask why the other person isn't in the car with him?

abijo
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
So if I'm 20 and I'm going with a 21 year old friend and he drops me off before driving into the campsite, won't it be obvious that he has enough stuff in his car for two people? Won't they ask why the other person isn't in the car with him?

errr... Yeah

Thats why you have beer for one person or risk having beer for none

look1ngglass
03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
errr... Yeah

Thats why you have beer for one person or risk having beer for none

He'd just be taking in one case either way. I just don't want my presence to make them take it away.

abijo
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
=)

therefore its not seen as enough for two
problem solved

billtino
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM

how much stuff is too much for one person vs two?

regarding beer, you will have a problem. regarding camping gear? i think not.