PDA

View Full Version : Aside from the obvious - what are you taking for overnight camping?

CoachellaFTW
03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry if this was already a thread - my friend and I are a first time campers @ this place. We were just curious as to what everybody is going to be bringing. Aside from the obvious tents - food, etc. Any advice will be helpful since we are not very uhm... camping savvy. Thank you in advance and I hope everybody has a great time at coachella 2010! It's gonna be a blast! We also heard that people were going to "decorating" their campsites, taking cooking stoves (which I thought were banned) ...so what's up with all this? Can we decorate or? Alright ...again thanks!

Coming down from Oregon.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Sorry if this was already a thread - my friend and I are a first time campers @ this place. We were just curious as to what everybody is going to be bringing. Aside from the obvious tents - food, etc. Any advice will be helpful since we are not very uhm... camping savvy. Thank you in advance and I hope everybody has a great time at coachella 2010! It's gonna be a blast! We also heard that people were going to "decorating" their campsites, taking cooking stoves (which I thought were banned) ...so what's up with all this? Can we decorate or? Alright ...again thanks!

Coming down from Oregon.

Good...more Oregonians:-) You can bring a cook stove or BBQ powered by propane only...no charcoal or wood. You can decorate but you have a small space if you are parking your vehicle as it is 10x30 and your vehicle has to fit in too. We have solar hanging lights....a flag.....tapestries....shade canopy etc! We are also bringing a full size BBQ just to make things really easy and I would imagine our neighbors will share the use of it. You want to be a minimal as possible with stuff because of the space issue but shade seems to be the most important. Many here post to leave the tent behind and just have a canopy for shade....? Tents get hot in S.Cali sun!

When are you getting there....maybe we should have an Oregon area...????

BrettShipes
03-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Check it.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17537

muzikrazed
04-08-2010, 01:57 PM
can i bring a lantern that's powered by propane? if the stove can be then how about the lantern?