PDA

View Full Version : Cops at Coachella

Pages : [1] 2 3

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Last year I was one of the unfortunate people to get arrested. I wasn't selling drugs or anything, but got set-up in a very fuckin ridiculous situation that made it seem like I was.

I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I took a picture of the cop before he arrested me cause of his raver gear and here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/7TfzNWd.jpg

Note that if you are dealing with an undercover cop, they will have backstage wristbands and will have a hidden badge around their necks. They don't have to tell you they are cops either.

I was smoking when I got busted by this guy with 2.8 grams but I was booked for 28 grams because of a clerical mistake.

greghead
03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Shitty. That's why you don't share with strangers.

dekr510
03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
ouch!

crimethinker
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah that's really lame man, such a misguided "war."

Do the undercovers working festivals like this really always have a badge on them? That seems like it'd be a pretty easy way to call them out.

RezBanana
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Do the undercovers working festivals like this really always have a badge on them? That seems like it'd be a pretty easy way to call them out.

Yes When they do undercover operation they like this they always have a badge but its always conceal.

Neighborhood Creep
03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
sucks that they're in the campground

BeaverCat
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Were you smoking minding your own business when they pulled you off to the side?

JustSteve
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Last year I was one of the unfortunate people to get arrested. I wasn't selling drugs or anything, but got set-up in a very fuckin ridiculous situation that made it seem like I was.

so out with it, what made it seem like you were selling? did you accept money for giving him a hit?

Red.Sonja
03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Yea, I wanna know more details.

donkey sex
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
looks so friendly too. Minnie Mouse ears hair.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Looks like a douche...

GeminiDC
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM

Your name made me laugh.

phonedead
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Details on this story, please! And I would *love* it if we could get a nice photo gallery going of all the narcs and CI's from Coachellas past...

That hairstyle is the tip off right there. Perfectly parted and hair-gelled pigtails plus the rest of his look just does not compute.

dantoro
03-29-2010, 02:24 PM
cops always wear mardi gras beads

righteousdnk
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Cargo pants with bulges in them. The one dude I knew was a cop who asked me for a joint last year had cargo pants with big bulges. Yeah, it's really common for people to utilize their cargo shorts but it could also be a sign that they're packing something.

blackchango
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I usually try to ignore overfriendly douchebags who look like this.

billtino
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Well if you guys get your act together this November, we won't have to deal with this shit next year :)

blackchango
03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Well if you guys get your act together this November, we won't have to deal with this shit next year :)
Fuck imagine !

mickflyy
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
The guy has an x on his shirt sleeve. lol

billtino
03-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Fuck imagine !

I imagine 2011 camping sells out in 10 days if Cali LEGALIZES IT! Partly due to people trying to capitalize on re-selling them, but seriously...

SMOKECHELLA 2011

oh, cops will still be douching up the campsite too.

dontfeedthebird
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Cargo pants with bulges in them.

big bulges are the ones i'm looking for. ;)

aphrael
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I imagine 2011 camping sells out in 10 days if Cali LEGALIZES IT! Partly due to people trying to capitalize on re-selling them, but seriously...

SMOKECHELLA 2011

oh, cops will still be douching up the campsite too.

Even if California legalizes it, though, the initiative reserves a lot of licensing power <em>to the counties and cities</em>. So it's entirely possible that Indio - or Riverside County - will still insist on prohibiting sales, for example.

fatbastard
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM

I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I took a picture of the cop before he arrested me cause of his raver gear and here it is.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/jonniebgood/S7300432.jpg

Note that if you are dealing with an undercover cop, they will have backstage wristbands and will have a hidden badge around their necks. They don't have to tell you they are cops either.

I was smoking when I got busted by this guy with 2.8 grams but I was booked for 28 grams because of a clerical mistake.

Typical cop in pig tails. How could you miss that one?

droop
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Were you smoking minding your own business when they pulled you off to the side?

if this is the case SHIT i was hoping theyre more lenient than this

shoegazer76
03-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Most cops wear their badges on their belt underneath their shirt. Read the undercover thread people. Beware of mexican american older males. 50/50 chance of them being a pig.

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM

I was with a group of 5 or so at my tent on Sunday morning before the show... we had just gotten an 8th, smoked and I was twisting up another. This guy comes up and asks if he can get some of the weed that's in front of me and I told him no, but he could chill and smoke with us. He suggests he's in a hurry to get to the first show and he just needs a nug. I tell him I don't sell, but I'll get him high for the show.
He pulls out 20 and asks if he can just get a nug.. anything. I tell him no again, but the people in my group are kinda getting annoyed at the guy. So I tell him that I don't have a scale and if I give him a nug it won't be a gram. He says no worries, so I put a nug into the palm of his hand, he hands me the 20. He tells me it's a little skimp but just walks away. When I turn my head back, there are 4 guys all with their badges out of their shirts around their necks saying "Don't move. Cops."
Right away, I get handcuffs thrown on me, they go through my pockets go through my tent, my wallet, everything. They also put the 3 guys in handcuffs but let the girls sit freely.
Eventually, everyone else got released and I was taken into custody. They took me backstage and made it seem like I would get released too, but next thing I know they are loading me into a van and unloading me at the Indio detention center.
While i was backstage, they weighed my remaining 8th at 2.4 grams and weighed what I sold at .4 grams. The paperwork said 2.8 grams but whoever booked me entered 28 grams into the computer.
Because of the clerical error, my bond was $5000 instead of $2500 that I had to pay up front because I am from Texas and too much of a liability for any local bondsman.
I fought it in court, but eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of possession and a $100 fine.

JustSteve
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
so you were selling weed...not sure how you consider that being set up. he held out money and you took it.

so i guess the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.

fatbastard
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I was with a group of 5 or so at my tent on Sunday morning before the show... we had just gotten an 8th, smoked and I was twisting up another. This guy comes up and asks if he can get some of the weed that's in front of me and I told him no, but he could chill and smoke with us. He suggests he's in a hurry to get to the first show and he just needs a nug. I tell him I don't sell, but I'll get him high for the show.
He pulls out 20 and asks if he can just get a nug.. anything. I tell him no again, but the people in my group are kinda getting annoyed at the guy. So I tell him that I don't have a scale and if I give him a nug it won't be a gram. He says no worries, so I put a nug into the palm of his hand, he hands me the 20. He tells me it's a little skimp but just walks away. When I turn my head back, there are 4 guys all with their badges out of their shirts around their necks saying "Don't move. Cops."
Right away, I get handcuffs thrown on me, they go through my pockets go through my tent, my wallet, everything. They also put the 3 guys in handcuffs but let the girls sit freely.
Eventually, everyone else got released and I was taken into custody. They took me backstage and made it seem like I would get released too, but next thing I know they are loading me into a van and unloading me at the Indio detention center.
While i was backstage, they weighed my remaining 8th at 2.4 grams and weighed what I sold at .4 grams. The paperwork said 2.8 grams but whoever booked me entered 28 grams into the computer.
Because of the clerical error, my bond was $5000 instead of $2500 that I had to pay up front because I am from Texas and too much of a liability for any local bondsman.
I fought it in court, but eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of possession and a $100 fine.

So you paid $100 to be back stage? Sweet.

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
so you sold weed, you were a dealer...

the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.

I don't deal... I sold. Do you know what the difference is?

And of course in hindsight it's obvious, that's why I'm giving the heads up.

weezy f baby
don't sell drugs to strangers. in fact. don't sell drugs period.

shoegazer76
So did your case go to preliminary trial? Did they offer you that deal. I didnt exchange any money or product. I also didn't brandish anything. All it takes is a simple I got some nugs to smoke if you wanna. Thats what you get for being kind to strangers at Chella. I got stuck with a felony after shelling out 10k for a lawyer & everything. I was searched illegally which brings me to my next point. If you are in a situation with pigs at chella absolutely DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO SEARCH YOU!!! They probably will anyway but its illegal search & seizure. They have to ask you if its alright to search you if you havent done anything illegal.

Harrisment
03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, crazy. Thanks for the heads up OP.

lizng
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Well that's a shitty way to spend your Coachella. It's generally not a good idea to handle substances out in the open like that.

And thanks for reinforcing that we should never trust a man in pig-tails.

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
so you were selling weed...not sure how you consider that being set up. he held out money and you took it.

so i guess the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.

So you revised your post before/after my reply, but yes, I ended up selling.

And the average person will! I don't know about you, but most of the things I get, I pay for. It was day 3 and I was broke... of course I'll take the cash. I wasn't selling though. Most people at Coachella aren't selling, but you might share the love if someone happens to ask.

Also, it wasn't the case that he was overly insistent on paying.. he was overly insistent on getting some nug!! haha Most people I know are the same way too!

Like I said, I told the guy 'no' three times. Legally, if I had money at the time, I could/would have continued the case further as entrapment.

If you wanna be insistent that I'm selling and I'm a dealer, then cool for you... but not cool.

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
So did your case go to preliminary trial? Did they offer you that deal. I didnt exchange any money or product. I also didn't brandish anything. All it takes is a simple I got some nugs to smoke if you wanna. Thats what you get for being kind to strangers at Chella. I got stuck with a felony after shelling out 10k for a lawyer & everything. I was searched illegally which brings me to my next point. If you are in a situation with pigs at chella absolutely DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO SEARCH YOU!!! They probably will anyway but its illegal search & seizure. They have to ask you if its alright to search you if you havent done anything illegal.

Excellent advice!!!

And yea, that was the offer during preliminary. I can expunge it in May to have it removed.

Sorry about you getting busted too...

Suffacated
03-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Most cops wear their badges on their belt underneath their shirt. Read the undercover thread people. Beware of mexican american older males. 50/50 chance of them being a pig.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/P4180076-1.jpg

This guy is a fuckin pig.

noolan
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Most people at Coachella aren't selling...

I been to plenty of other fests and finding these things were never difficult. Is this not the case at coachella, say in comparison to bonnaroo?

jonniebgood
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I been to plenty of other fests and finding these things were never difficult. Is this not the case at coachella, say in comparison to bonnaroo?

Selling isn't as open as it is at Bonnaroo, but it's still not hard to find. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about buying... the cops aren't looking to sell.. just buy.

Boulder
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
So basically, we look for older males with at least one of the following: facial hair, hard-ass shades, bandana and, most importantly, generic t-shirt that all the kids must be wearing these days.

noolan
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Selling isn't as open as it is at Bonnaroo, but it's still not hard to find. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about buying... the cops aren't looking to sell.. just buy.

Nice.. thanks.

heyeric
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
and to those selling...i guess the tip is just to walk up to peoples tent's and don't sell to random people just walking the fields and campgrounds. hahaha!

beavington
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
He looks every bit the pushy douche you stated. I think i wouldve not taken him serious as a human to even share.

shoegazer76
03-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Coachella is in no way as liberal as Bonnaroo. I think for good reason also. The heat of the sun provides many medical emergencies that the event has to be able to contain & prevent. Hard drugs at Coachella are a medical risk to many people not used to the sun. I don't understand why they are so harsh on pot charges in the "liberal" marijuana state that they want to be. Anyway Coachella is a fun place to be medicated & sober. You have alot more stamina to deal with the elements & get to what stages you want to get to. There are many good officers at the event also that are dedicated to help & protect the festival goers. I unfortunately had a very bad experience. There are many undercovers there to secure the health & safetry of the people & insuring that their medicaly safety is protected. Like the guy in the one thread said legalize it in novemver & bring crazy tourism to California to bring the econoy around. Anyway I recommend bringing your card if you are a California resident & having it on you if you intend to partake in medicating. Unfortunately you cannot share or offer it to anybody in any way at the event. You could puff with anybody but make sure they are way cool first. If they won't puff with you then they obviously should not be inquiring to purchase from you. Even giving to somebody is called "furnishing" you could be committing a crime & all you were trying to do was party relax & share with somebody. If your gonna bring your card & you own stash play it suave & cool dontbe obvious. Don't attempt to make friends with your stash it is not safe. Anybody selling hard drugs at this event gets what they deserve. However people trying to score some doobage for the weekend should use extreme caution. Not trying to noid people out but in no way is the "liberal aspect of Bonnaroo present at Coachella. Again it is or public safety & to prevent any unecessary deaths. But come on I had thc & that never killed anybody over a weekend of music & fun in the desert.

shoegazer76
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh & you can also be charged for just telling someone where to get something. I guess it is a type of "furnishing". So a guy asks you for some pills & you say I dunno man why don't you ask that guy who looks like hes "on E" & if that leads to an arrest somehow you will be charged in it also. Times are tough & they want to get as many charges in to support the local government. There is an article in the latest High Times on the conservative climate towards pot in the Palm Springs area. That is for medical use also I might add.

shoegazer76
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
moustaches are very suspcious at chella. Sorry bout all the posts just makin obsevation.

Stickjohn
03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
so mexican american older males with mustaches must be really suspicious, huh?

JoeCthulhu
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Fuck, I just realized, I look like a cop. How the fuck did that happen. People are going to be giving me the stink eye all weekend. Damn.

Neighborhood Creep
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Coachella is in no way as liberal as Bonnaroo. I think for good reason also. The heat of the sun provides many medical emergencies that the event has to be able to contain & prevent. Hard drugs at Coachella are a medical risk to many people not used to the sun.

It's just as hot in TN in June as it is in Indio in April

Radiohead
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Even if California legalizes it, though, the initiative reserves a lot of licensing power <em>to the counties and cities</em>. So it's entirely possible that Indio - or Riverside County - will still insist on prohibiting sales, for example.

Also, it will still be illegal to sell without a license or to smoke in public so, yeah, there will still be lots of arrests at Coachella.

Radiohead
03-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Why don't all of the actual drug dealers just come up with a uniform so we'll know who definitely are NOT cops?

Radiohead
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM

They actually do not have to get permission to search you if they have "probable cause," which is an extremely flexible term. Also, it sounds like you had done something illegal (whether right or wrong) before they searched you. And what was the felony charge?

Cheddar's Cousin
03-30-2010, 06:45 AM
moustaches are very suspcious at chella. Sorry bout all the posts just makin obsevation.

unless they're ironic...

daxton
03-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Fuck, I just realized, I look like a cop. How the fuck did that happen. People are going to be giving me the stink eye all weekend. Damn.

:lool

Maybe TN is less cop populated? That's what first came to mind when I read that Bonaroo was more liberal.

droop
03-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Why don't all of the actual drug dealers just come up with a uniform so we'll know who definitely are NOT cops?

thats a fucking great idea!

brfilora
03-30-2010, 09:03 AM

Yes. Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.

Also: Neighborhood Creep, how did you get banned from inforoo?

beavington
03-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes. Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.

i think that is what keeps me from going to bonnaroo...oh that and the fact that widespread panic plays too much.

Grant
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.

lol seriously. People who complain about Coachella's heat need to experience some humidity before they pass judgment.

beavington
03-30-2010, 09:14 AM
why? Heat is heat no matter how hot it is.

daxton
03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
why? Heat is heat no matter how hot it is.

Not really

beavington
03-30-2010, 09:28 AM
ok maybe I shouldve said "hot is still hot". I just never understood that type of comment, just because it gets hotter in TN doesn't make it less annoying with how hot it could get at Coachella.

but back to the point of the thread.

daxton
03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
It's called a heat index. Heat index > temp= hot as fuck

beavington
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
i am just saying it is still fucking hot. 95% with 90% humidity sucks shit but 95% without that much humidity still sucks.

mickflyy
03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
ok maybe I shouldve said "hot is still hot". I just never understood that type of comment, just because it gets hotter in TN doesn't make it less annoying with how hot it could get at Coachella.

but back to the point of the thread.

Exactly.

Neighborhood Creep
03-30-2010, 12:52 PM
butt fuck me

humanoid
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
/\ you can fulfill that fantasy on Craigslist

Alwaysbaked
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM

He's eyein ya

shoegazer76
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
There is always the potential for another brown acid problem. The event coordinators have the responsibility to make sure everyone there has a safe time. Hard drugs at Coachella present a potential mass medical emergency. Some bad shit goes around & well you can imagine the disaster that would cause. I'm all for cops goin after bad shit but hammering people with felonies for pot possession is riduculous. Mine was posseission with intent. They never proved the intent on me I plead. Like I said they threaten you with hard prison time for pot possession. A reason why the prison systems are over crowded & the state is broke.

Sonybonez
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM

I love how you can see him staring you down through those shades

mickflyy
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
There is always the potential for another brown acid problem. The event coordinators have the responsibility to make sure everyone there has a safe time. Hard drugs at Coachella present a potential mass medical emergency. Some bad shit goes around & well you can imagine the disaster that would cause. I'm all for cops goin after bad shit but hammering people with felonies for pot possession is riduculous. Mine was posseission with intent. They never proved the intent on me I plead. Like I said they threaten you with hard prison time for pot possession. A reason why the prison systems are over crowded & the state is broke.

They do it so you'll plead and save them the trouble of actually going through trial.

greghead
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes. Anyone who wants anything else can go fuck themselves. "Oh man, that's bad karma." Fuck you and your karma bullshit, why should I feel bad that you didn't come prepared?

To those who have been busted at Coachella: you got busted because you were stupid. End of story. Be smarter next time.

/rant

hauntedflowers
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/GoodNeighborStuff#p/u/11/0FwWM7nsxd0

look out for this guy

Dooney
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
thank you for sharing your experience with us. it has been an eye opener. the last thing anyone wants is to be busted at coachella for drugs.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM

look out for this guy

That was awesome!

BeaverCat
03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm still wary about lighting a doobie at the fest. I don't want a dude in a gillie suit tackling me and dragging me off, never to be seen again.

beavington
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
thank you for sharing your experience with us. it has been an eye opener. the last thing anyone wants is to be busted at coachella for drugs.

and it was only weed that fucking sucks shit.

I've some dude get his stash taken from him just beacuse he hit the pipe in the middle of the crowd in the Gobi in 08. Sucks.

I also saw some kid get put in cuffs in the Sahara in 08, saw him around the campground earlier in the days and he looked like a tool on drugs but he looked like he was having fun. To be arrested while rolling must suck big time.

But in 08 the Sahara seemed like a hotbed for undercover activity. Did not like the vibe there for most of Saturday night in 08.

ialvarado2
03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
_2a8x8g-ELI

3wulfmoonz
03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Why is there a much larger undercover drug enforcement presence at Coachella than other festivals?

greghead
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goers

artisticcreator
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd swear I saw this guy at Coachella last year. I friend warned me last year that the cops weren't looking to bust user, but dealers. I had 2 guys approach me for a hit. They both took one (lamely) and then offered to pay me a couple of bucks, just like my friend said they would. Told them no thanks. Didn't have that much and I'd rather share. They looked so surprised. I wished them well, gave them my Art Business Card and walked away. Never saw them again. No one bothered me after that. Not like a couple of years ago, were to guys with wristbands covering their arms, kept bugging me for E just because I had an Amsterdam t-shirt on. I asked them why they were looking when they obviously had connections for everywhere in the Festival. They played dumb and so did we.

My word of advice for everyone. Take a smokeless pipe that you can throw away real quick. It will cut the smell down and make you less noticeable.

Enjoy the show!

look out for this guy

3wulfmoonz
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goers

The same can be said for roo or rothbury. It doesn't/didn't happen there.

shoegazer76
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Cops have the right to protect & serve the people at the fest like I said. Not all of them are assholes & pigs. Afterall cops do risk their lives to do so. Cops who kick people in the head & beat them as they lie face down on the ground without any resistance are pigs! Marijuana or hash possession should not be a felony in the state of California. Especially if it your first offense. Solvent extracted BHO (Butane/alcohol hash) is a felony no matter where you go in California. The only legal hash is water or dry rubbed keefed crystals. I had both water hash & dry keef in addition to 2 bags of nugs I had purchased. Like I said you purchase multiples of anything & get caught with it you will be charged with intent to distribute. They could go through your car your tent & if you have multiples of something well your fucked. The court system has no tolerance for anything down there espcially hard shit like ecstacy which they consider meth. Look up California's state laws on Marijuana & marijuana products its a very interesting read. I still don't understand the hipocracy involved in priding your state for being so lenient on pot when its not. Its very easy for somebody to say your stupid if you got busted but until your put into a situation like mine & many others just shut up. They can search you no matter what now apparently. Probable cause is a very loose term like the one person said. They could make up anything for an excuse. I saw a gun underneath their shirt, or ther person was very very inoxicated & causing trouble. However it is still a good thing to exercise your rights & refuse a search. The cops are everywhere @ chella. Again it is big business for the local law enforcement & court system. Everything you need to know has already been covered. Yes undercovers are primarily looking to make purchases. It is your word against theres in trial & who do you think is gonna be belived? That is ultimately why I took my plea deal. These undercovers are as crooked as real criminals. Many of them are drug task force agents that are used to dealing with gang members & cartels. They work this festival & treat unsuspcting festival goers as such. I also want it to be known that I didn't mean all mexican american males at chella have a 50/50 chance of being undercover. If you are in situation where a stranger who is a mexican american male with a moustache & they are attempting to score from you then its a 50/50 chance. My previous comment came out to be a stereotypical one which was not my intention. Please note that most of these undercovers are wearing sunglasses like everyone else & they are trying to be incognito whether they are trying to look like a raver, hipster or whatever. Don't sell shit at Chela. Bring your own. Sharing should be done with extreme caution. The undercovers will not smoke with you.

beavington
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
although that undercover in the OP just looks like a tool

Sublime
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM

look out for this guy

Haha, that's the greatest video ever taken.

tikiavenger
04-01-2010, 01:27 AM

look out for this guy

hahaha these guys are fucking awesome. ex USC alumns, check out their youtube channel. "Outrageous Fun" is my favorite

Sonybonez
04-01-2010, 06:54 AM

look out for this guy

HAHAH wth was that?? so was he really that messed up or was he deliberately trying to NOT hit that J??

Risingson
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Yes, he's definitely staring you down with pure hate in that eye ball. He hates the fact he has to work and be in the presence of all these weird hippies and listen to this terrible music(although he may like Coheed and Cambria this year.) This guy can't wait until he and his friends meet their quota of 150 arrests that night so he can go home and laugh with the other bacon about how stupid people can be, and how easily someone who's on drugs and having a good time can be talked into selling their drugs just to get the annoying bastards away.. It's a joke to them. Being at these festivals and getting people to sell their one extra e pill isn't helping them win the "drug war".. It's all about money, and they will take as much of it from you as they can.

F/O/X/Y/5
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Ha, Nice dis on Coheed and Cambria. I like witty dis's

Voodoo Hipster
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Same thing happened to us in 2008. My buddy and I were walking from the mohave tent when some guy in a heinken shirt stood between him and a gate and pressured him to sell him some bud, it went back and forth for a minute until my friend just gave him a lil bud and walked away,no money exchanged hands.. 30 seconds later he was arrested. so yeah if they are wearing a shirt from one of the sponsers thats a give a way too..

F/O/X/Y/5
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Lol ppl hate cops. Until they over dose then a actual medical team and officers to pull you out are your friends. Ha ever been to a rave where water and bananas is on stand by for over dosing. Lol and they will not call medical cause then cops can raid the place.

heyeric
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Lol ppl hate cops. Until they over dose then a actual medical team and officers to pull you out are your friends. Ha ever been to a rave where water and bananas is on stand by for over dosing. Lol and they will not call medical cause then cops can raid the place.

are you on drugs now?

BeaverCat
04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
This thread has made me paranoid about trying to sneak in a J and smoke it on the festival grounds.

heyeric
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
This thread has made me paranoid about trying to sneak in a J and smoke it on the festival grounds.

the boards opinion vs actually being there are two completely different things. all these morons are getting caught for being obvious. i walk around with a joint 24/7 practically, i'm FREE.

*knocks on wood*

F/O/X/Y/5
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
are you on drugs now?

Lol no I have just been playing call of duty too much to save money for coachella. I think I am losing it.

Foppie
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
My word of advice for everyone. Take a smokeless pipe that you can throw away real quick. It will cut the smell down and make you less noticeable.

Did you invent this!?

Foppie
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes.

/rant

You share water with strangers!? That is disgusting.

Foppie
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I have heard of Vaporizers, but never the disposable kind. Maybe he is just super rich.

JustSteve
04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
charlize knows whats up...

http://cdn.stereogum.com/img/charlize_apple.jpg

michaelmontanez
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
the apple was our primary piece last year, after loosing my glass one.

humanoid
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
do you people really think that undercovers have to tell you if you ask if they're a cop? How would any undercover operation ever work under any circumstances? Do you think cops would really put their people into harms way, trying to infiltrate drug dealing operations, gangs, etc. if all the people had to do were simply ask them if they were a cop?

hauntedflowers
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
are you on drugs now?

LOL

Suffacated
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Yes, he's definitely staring you down with pure hate in that eye ball. He hates the fact he has to work and be in the presence of all these weird hippies and listen to this terrible music(although he may like Coheed and Cambria this year.) This guy can't wait until he and his friends meet their quota of 150 arrests that night so he can go home and laugh with the other bacon about how stupid people can be, and how easily someone who's on drugs and having a good time can be talked into selling their drugs just to get the annoying bastards away.. It's a joke to them. Being at these festivals and getting people to sell their one extra e pill isn't helping them win the "drug war".. It's all about money, and they will take as much of it from you as they can.

I've seen this jerk hanging with the hippies on the corner before.
I think he really might be one of "them".

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/edc4-1-1.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/P4180076-1-1.jpg

lub2party
04-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Dude, you have got to be kidding. That guy can't be a cop! Narc's are always white old fucks with generic t-shirts, cargo shorts and running shoes with black socks. Did this dude fuck you over and now you want to label him a cop? Come on, if this dude really is a cop then everyone out there will be cops.

Cuddlesthesheep
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
you join just to post that?? ^

JustSteve
04-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Dude, you have got to be kidding. That guy can't be a cop! Narc's are always white old fucks with generic t-shirts, cargo shorts and running shoes with black socks. Did this dude fuck you over and now you want to label him a cop? Come on, if this dude really is a cop then everyone out there will be cops.

joke's over, that's him, the poster.

CoacHELLYEAH
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
~Last year me and some buddies were sitting in a circle inside the festival grounds out in the middle of some open grass smoking a j and 3 uniformed cops came up and asked if we had a prescription for it. we asked why we needed a prescription to smoke cigarettes, and the cop said to put it out and not be so obvious.

Is it possible that my prescription/papers could bail me out, if need be?

coldwarriddim
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
you should have read the legislation and know this by now. the short answer is if a cop REALLY wants to be a dick then no

arandomshape
04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I pulled this out of an old thread its from a few years ago but helpful, anyone could be a undercover, just use your whits. If anyone asks for something, say no, dont be friendly, no matter how friendly they seem

also, if your going to be friendly, BE friendly, if not sure about someone just be prying, ask questions, notice things(1 person with a camping wristband, 1 without), dont second guess yourself, better safe then sorry.

Sitting in the police holding area(before they ship you off to riverside county), you can get a good look at whats going on, what they look like, what there looking for...the whole shizz

Ive been going for the past 5 years and never had a problem and i bring my own stuff, i always keep my smoke in the crowd and use pre rolled joint/spliffs split up among my friends(usually 3-4 a piece). Once night dawns its easy doing whatever your fix is, but in the day keep it low key, its too frickin hot anyways.

Well i was unfortunate (stupid) enough to get in trouble last year during darkside, but i can tell you how it usually goes down

first off, undercovers work singles or in pairs of two (2 guys, 2 girls, or couples), they are trained for this work and put some time into their looks/act, they will be fat/skinny old/young mohawks, beards/goatees, hair dyes, whatever it takes, its there job. Same goes for the 3-5 arresting officers surrounding the first 2, they are hard to spot.

second, from everything i know and have seen/heard, they will not try to sell you drugs, thats to easy (ha), but they will try to get you to sell them some, whether it be a bud, or a disco biscuit. selling is selling and that's who they go for. Even if you just throw them a bud for free, its still supplying and they would still arrest you. Also if approached when smoking you still run the risk of being searched but if its only the joint they probably wont do anything, once again, everyone's smoking, there looking for dealing.

Campgrounds are pretty safe but there still out their and they will approach you to buy, not to sell so just play it safe and don't be stupid with your shit.

They will judge you by appearance/act/smoking, its profiling, they can't approach everyone they just pick based on suspicions or even randomness. DONT BE STUPID

Entrapment has gray areas, especially when it your word against theirs. If they were to force the money into your hand for something, that's clearly entrapment but you still have to build your case in court (witnesses/details). Otherwise, your pretty much fucked, riverside police do a mandatory 90-180 days or shit load of community service for coachella providers (sellers)

And no, they don't have to tell you there a cop, this is a proven myth.

Bottom line, BRING YOUR OWN FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ONLY!!! the hassle of looking for shit there is not worth it

see you on the grounds, play it safe kiddies

sgilch
04-03-2010, 06:01 AM
this really sucks for us that are flying in .. all we can do is pick up liquor when we get there and this is making it seem hard to pick up other goodies from people at the fest which we aren't bringing on the plane

travolta
04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
this really sucks for us that are flying in .. all we can do is pick up liquor when we get there and this is making it seem hard to pick up other goodies from people at the fest which we aren't bringing on the plane

you can smuggle stuff on a plane easy though. sure the risk is greater but if you want it, you'll be able to manage it.

thepoetblue
04-03-2010, 09:20 AM
do you people really think that undercovers have to tell you if you ask if they're a cop? How would any undercover operation ever work under any circumstances? Do you think cops would really put their people into harms way, trying to infiltrate drug dealing operations, gangs, etc. if all the people had to do were simply ask them if they were a cop?

My world just got a little bit smaller.

Risingson
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Ha, Nice dis on Coheed and Cambria. I like witty dis's

Thanks.. But I think I may have been a little harsh with CandC..

coldwarriddim
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
you can smuggle stuff on a plane easy though. sure the risk is greater but if you want it, you'll be able to manage it.

better than buying at the fest where youll either get caught or sold bunk shit

spencer891
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
I saw this guy in front of me get taken down by two NARCs...... in the Sahara Tent...
they were both wearing black tank tops and tan khaki shorts .....and had straw fedora's..... they were basically dressed up like twins....

they did have back stage pass wristbands
and they both pulled their necklace badges when they arrested the guy

It is easy to spot these fools!

1. They look out of place!
these two were not dancing...just scanning the crowd.... rule of thumb....if you are in the Sahara tent and you see someone who is not dancing....assume they are a NARC!

2. Anyone in a Heineken shirt....that asks you about drugs is a cop!
I have been asked several times for "ecstasy pills" by older guys in Heineken shirts.... THESE ARE COPS! Heineken is a sponsor of coachella...so all the undercover cops get free shirts....

3. THE FUCKING Mustache!
If you see a stache...Lope your shit

Hope this helps!

Neighborhood Creep
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM

any tips? already have 4 doses hidden behind the battery in my cell but as far as a bag of green goes I am paranoid

sgilch
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
yes, any good tips ? i would consider this as well

BeaverCat
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Yes, please post tips. Because nobody from GV is ever going to read this.

Neighborhood Creep
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes, please post tips. Because nobody from GV is ever going to read this.

We were talking about a plane, not getting in the gates

BeaverCat
04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
GV is everywhere man!

*Yeah....I just saw that. Excuse me while I go put my 'tard helmet back on...

Neighborhood Creep
04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
all's good, ha. i need a tard helmet too

spork
04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
any tips? already have 4 doses hidden behind the battery in my cell but as far as a bag of green goes I am paranoid

My recommendation is to ship it and pick it up here. Grab a jar of peanut butter and shove your sack in it, completely covers up the smell. I've done it a few times from cali to boston without issue.

nice call on the cell phone trick, BTW

righteousdnk
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
The cell phone battery isn't a very good idea. If this is lucy you're talking about then you should know it is destroyed by heat and the battery of your phone gets fairly warm. Be careful, you don't wanna ruin them.

DeanSpang
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I usually try to ignore overfriendly douchebags who look like this.

QFT No doubt

grannock
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't read this thread after you smoke weed.

heyeric
04-05-2010, 08:27 PM

haha, paranoia kick in?

beavington
04-06-2010, 07:30 AM

i think that has been my problem.

obzen
04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Lightweights.

beavington
04-06-2010, 07:48 AM
hahaha

mickflyy
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
The CIA is tracking your posts and they are on their way to arrest you.

humanoid
04-06-2010, 10:06 AM

you need to play it up well and hide your shit in your helmet...are they really going to pull a retarded guy out of line for a secondary search?

BROKENDOLL
04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
If you hadn't noticed, 75% of Coachella Valley is Mexican American, so I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that if you get arrested for being stupid, the cop will be Mexican/American. But, I think it'd be safer to just assume that there's a 50/50 chance that anyone can be a cop, and avoid being blatant about your partying.

LOL And this "pig" literally came crawling back into our tent last year after wandering down the way to see friends while I finished getting my shit together to go into the fest. One look at his eyes told me we weren't going anywhere right away and I actually considered performing a strip and cavity search on him. I kid you not, the guy could hardly form words coherently and I thought I was gonna have to apply bandages to his bleeding eyes!

so mexican american older males with mustaches must be really suspicious, huh?
I don't know. You tell me...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa161/micahman94/banditos.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/aronphoto/cover.jpg

BROKENDOLL
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
For the record, there was a big stink recently about the busts last year, and how they handled the court cases.Apparently, since most of those arrested were from somewhere else, had never been in trouble, were college students, and only had a small amount of weed, the judge let them off somewhat easy. (If you call a $500 fine easy.) Anyway, the prosecutors appealed that descision I guess, based upon the fact that apparently, the judge can't overrule on a descision like this without prior consent from the Supreme Court. I'm guessing that to save face for our legal system looking like retards here, they'll try making up for that this year. And with the ins and outs, and the beer allowed in the campground, I'd be extra cautious if you're doing anything against the law. And, I'd stick with the 50/50 chance that anybody can be a cop theory just to play it safe. They're not gonna have an older Mexican American male walking around trying to see if people will give alcohol to a minor...they're gonna have an undercover minor going around asking. Make sense? I knew as soon as they announced the new camping arrangements that security and searches would be probably become more thorough because there's more liability involved.
Look at it this way...GV has given us an inch by having the ins and outs. If the idiots feel a need to take a mile instead, there may not be ins and outs next year and that wouldn't be fair to those that abide by the law. Don't be idiots.

Foppie
04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Did you feel like citing a source for your take on what happened in court last year?

Josesativa
04-06-2010, 03:25 PM

http://www.tentonhammer.com/system/files/images/th_cartman_retard.jpg

calnick0
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Cops have the right to protect & serve the people at the fest like I said. Not all of them are assholes & pigs. Afterall cops do risk their lives to do so. Cops who kick people in the head & beat them as they lie face down on the ground without any resistance are pigs! Marijuana or hash possession should not be a felony in the state of California. Especially if it your first offense. Solvent extracted BHO (Butane/alcohol hash) is a felony no matter where you go in California. The only legal hash is water or dry rubbed keefed crystals. I had both water hash & dry keef in addition to 2 bags of nugs I had purchased. Like I said you purchase multiples of anything & get caught with it you will be charged with intent to distribute. They could go through your car your tent & if you have multiples of something well your fucked. The court system has no tolerance for anything down there espcially hard shit like ecstacy which they consider meth. Look up California's state laws on Marijuana & marijuana products its a very interesting read. I still don't understand the hipocracy involved in priding your state for being so lenient on pot when its not. Its very easy for somebody to say your stupid if you got busted but until your put into a situation like mine & many others just shut up. They can search you no matter what now apparently. Probable cause is a very loose term like the one person said. They could make up anything for an excuse. I saw a gun underneath their shirt, or ther person was very very inoxicated & causing trouble. However it is still a good thing to exercise your rights & refuse a search. The cops are everywhere @ chella. Again it is big business for the local law enforcement & court system. Everything you need to know has already been covered. Yes undercovers are primarily looking to make purchases. It is your word against theres in trial & who do you think is gonna be belived? That is ultimately why I took my plea deal. These undercovers are as crooked as real criminals. Many of them are drug task force agents that are used to dealing with gang members & cartels. They work this festival & treat unsuspcting festival goers as such. I also want it to be known that I didn't mean all mexican american males at chella have a 50/50 chance of being undercover. If you are in situation where a stranger who is a mexican american male with a moustache & they are attempting to score from you then its a 50/50 chance. My previous comment came out to be a stereotypical one which was not my intention. Please note that most of these undercovers are wearing sunglasses like everyone else & they are trying to be incognito whether they are trying to look like a raver, hipster or whatever. Don't sell shit at Chela. Bring your own. Sharing should be done with extreme caution. The undercovers will not smoke with you.

Paragraphs are fun.

theWHOMPrat
04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes. Anyone who wants anything else can go fuck themselves. "Oh man, that's bad karma." Fuck you and your karma bullshit, why should I feel bad that you didn't come prepared?

To those who have been busted at Coachella: you got busted because you were stupid. End of story. Be smarter next time.

/rant

Thank you

heyeric
04-07-2010, 01:16 AM
For the record, there was a big stink recently about the busts last year, and how they handled the court cases.Apparently, since most of those arrested were from somewhere else, had never been in trouble, were college students, and only had a small amount of weed, the judge let them off somewhat easy. (If you call a $500 fine easy.) Anyway, the prosecutors appealed that descision I guess, based upon the fact that apparently, the judge can't overrule on a descision like this without prior consent from the Supreme Court. I'm guessing that to save face for our legal system looking like retards here, they'll try making up for that this year. And with the ins and outs, and the beer allowed in the campground, I'd be extra cautious if you're doing anything against the law. And, I'd stick with the 50/50 chance that anybody can be a cop theory just to play it safe. They're not gonna have an older Mexican American male walking around trying to see if people will give alcohol to a minor...they're gonna have an undercover minor going around asking. Make sense? I knew as soon as they announced the new camping arrangements that security and searches would be probably become more thorough because there's more liability involved.
Look at it this way...GV has given us an inch by having the ins and outs. If the idiots feel a need to take a mile instead, there may not be ins and outs next year and that wouldn't be fair to those that abide by the law. Don't be idiots.

Stop scaring people.

lizng
04-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Did you feel like citing a source for your take on what happened in court last year?

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100317/NEWS0802/100317047/Prosecutors-appeal-dismissal-of-charges-related-to-Coachella-music-fest

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37974

beavington
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Stop scaring people.

yeah because that was the first post attempting to do so.

thepoetblue
04-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Appealing the dismissal of underage drinking charges is an obscenity. Those fucks should be ashamed of themselves.

thisdj
04-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Why is there a much larger undercover drug enforcement presence at Coachella than other festivals?
Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goersnot only that but traffic tickets, drug busts, etc. are a big money-maker for any small town/city. the coachella festival for the city of indio is similar to Christmas season for retailers.

dantoro
04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
who said this year is going to be the big under-aged drink bust year?

I'm going to be a little paranoid in the campgrounds ...no beer for strangers... do i have to check ID? lame

daxton
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah, it's unfortunate that I'm feeling like being stingy is the way to go. I know if I have a few drinks I'll have to keep my friendliness under control, which could be hard to do.

3wulfmoonz
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Agreed.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that I'm feeling like being stingy is the way to go. I know if I have a few drinks I'll have to keep my friendliness under control, which could be hard to do.

dancinginthedesert
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
3. THE FUCKING Mustache!
If you see a stache...Lope your shit

This is funny, because I have a mustache that I'm really proud of right now and that I've grown especially for Coachella (to be shaved afterward or else the woman will go nuts).

I kind of hope people think I'm a narc, and maybe that the narcs think I'm a fellow narc, so that when I'm tripping balls I get left alone. If you see a guy w/ aviators & a stache & lots of chest hair visibly shrooming, that's probably me and not a cop - and when I ask you for a hit of your joint, please be friendly.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
narc

bdfsh
04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
This is funny, because I have a mustache that I'm really proud of right now and that I've grown especially for Coachella (to be shaved afterward or else the woman will go nuts).

I kind of hope people think I'm a narc, and maybe that the narcs think I'm a fellow narc, so that when I'm tripping balls I get left alone. If you see a guy w/ aviators & a stache & lots of chest hair visibly shrooming, that's probably me and not a cop - and when I ask you for a hit of your joint, please be friendly.

tool.

gotothemusicshop
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
i better wax my mustache..

Foppie
04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100317/NEWS0802/100317047/Prosecutors-appeal-dismissal-of-charges-related-to-Coachella-music-fest

Thanks!

FoxeyLady
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I was at the main stage in the late afternoon, and I had just finished smoking a joint with some buddies when this guy comes up to us, asking "where's the bud at guys?" trying to act all cool and shit. It was obvious he was Narc: he was wearing pretty much all merchandise from the event (shirt, hat, etc...)with a brand new Coachella bag with nothing in it and a couple wristbands that looked like they were all-access or something similar. We simply told him we didn't have any, while he continued to ask people around us for weed. Unfortunately the safest way to not get caught is simply to not share. Which, sucks cause I'm all about sharing, but it's not worth getting kicked out of Coachella and spending the night in jail...

beavington
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I was at the main stage in the late afternoon, and I had just finished smoking a joint with some buddies when this guy comes up to us, asking "where's the bud at guys?" trying to act all cool and shit. It was obvious he was Narc: he was wearing pretty much all merchandise from the event (shirt, hat, etc...)with a brand new Coachella bag with nothing in it and a couple wristbands that looked like they were all-access or something similar. We simply told him we didn't have any, while he continued to ask people around us for weed. Unfortunately the safest way to not get caught is simply to not share. Which, sucks cause I'm all about sharing, but it's not worth getting kicked out of Coachella and spending the night in jail...

wouldnt it be spending the remainder of the weekend in jail? but that does suck and that is my motto at coachella, no sharing.

BROKENDOLL
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Stop scaring people.
I'm not trying to scare anyone. If I wanted to do that I would have told you what the Indio Jail is like instead. :rolleyes

Thank You.

sanchdaniel
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
we wont have to worry about this next year people! vote yes come november.

FoxeyLady
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
That won't really make a difference. GV decides what people can and can't bring into the festival. Umbrella's aren't illegal, but you still can't bring them into Coachella. That being said it would be awfully cool if the bill passed and they let us smoke freely next year. Although I'm sure it's not only their decision; the local gov't and police have the final say.

It always boggles my mind though: when people drink at a concert they are more likely to misbehave, and get into fights etc. People smoking weed just get hungry and sleepy...

heyeric
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not trying to scare anyone. If I wanted to do that I would have told you what the Indio Jail is like instead. :rolleyes

Thank You.

i kid, i kid!

please do share about the jails though, paranoia kicks in for so many when they read little stories.

people people people... cops & uc's at any event. this isn't any different.

ryanliamg
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
can someone clarify this for me? i've heard that if you ask a supposed-undercover-cop if they are are indeed a cop, that they have to tell you they are (if they are). basically don't cops have to tell the truth? this may just be a huge misconception...

stepup2stepout
04-07-2010, 03:07 PM
can someone clarify this for me? i've heard that if you ask a supposed-undercover-cop if they are are indeed a cop, that they have to tell you they are (if they are). basically don't cops have to tell the truth? this may just be a huge misconception...

Total misconception and myths.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes, they do have to tell you...as they're cuffing you.

DopeMatic3002
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Last year I almost lit up during Public Enemy, until a kind stranger tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the uniforms right in front of me! (They were in full unis, but one of them had his phone facing the music, ass) Also during McCartney, some white dude asked me to take some hits for $5, I stupidly said ok (my 1st chella) but he was ok. He just seemed lonely. I also rolled a fatty sitting on the lawn waiting for Franz, nothing. I was probably lucky, and I am not too interested in testing it this year. Thanks this post!

spork
04-07-2010, 06:23 PM

you need to watch more cops

imsorryforpictures
04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/17224/DEA_SON_BUST_WEBSTILL_4_5_10_jpg_630x463_pad-black_upscale_q85.jpg

heyeric
04-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Last year I almost lit up during Public Enemy, until a kind stranger tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the uniforms right in front of me! (They were in full unis, but one of them had his phone facing the music, ass) Also during McCartney, some white dude asked me to take some hits for $5, I stupidly said ok (my 1st chella) but he was ok. He just seemed lonely. I also rolled a fatty sitting on the lawn waiting for Franz, nothing. I was probably lucky, and I am not too interested in testing it this year. Thanks this post!

I had no problem smoking 2 fully packed blunts at the front of the rails during public enemy last year. However for Franz Ferdinand I found myself in a k-hole.

YouthD
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM

Cops never have to tell the truth.

BeeII
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM

totally, but you have to say it in a certain way, i.e., you can't be sly about it.

so you have to explicitly ask:

"are you a member of law enforcement?"

fancy restaurant
04-12-2010, 01:39 PM
This link is helpful:

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info6.shtml

But really, the best advice is: Don't Sell Drugs. (Especially to people you don't know.)

fancy restaurant
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
totally, but you have to say it in a certain way, i.e., you can't be sly about it.

so you have to explicitly ask:

"are you a member of law enforcement?"

This isn't true. You can ask all you want. Just because a police officer deceives you, that doesn't make it entrapment. Check the link above for more info.

wtfizzle
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I got my eight and friends pipe taken by a security guard during cold war kids set who said that under covers were watching me so i gave it to him. Im pretty sure he was jacking me but I wasn't about to risk it.

drewniverse
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I got my eight and friends pipe taken by a security guard during cold war kids set who said that under covers were watching me so i gave it to him. Im pretty sure he was jacking me but I wasn't about to risk it.

Haha you got jacked.

There were undercovers next to VIP asking people to stop smoking pot. They were mainly looking for harder hugs..

ryanliamg
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
some good person should read the article and explain it to me. truth is i am lazy.

Mugwog
04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
^ cops are bad
hide your drugs in your anus
mexican American men over 35 are cops, therefore bad also
if you're a hipster with a mustache you are a tool

and daft punk plays Thursday at the roller rink

Suffacated
04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Cops never have to tell the truth.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/041310028.jpg

redthreat
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
^ cops are bad
hide your drugs in your anus
mexican American men over 35 are cops, therefore bad also
if you're a hipster with a mustache you are a tool

and daft punk plays Thursday at the roller rink

haha. watch out though, cops will be wearing daft punk costumes, so don't get confused.

WhyTheLongFace
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
That won't really make a difference. GV decides what people can and can't bring into the festival. Umbrella's aren't illegal, but you still can't bring them into Coachella. That being said it would be awfully cool if the bill passed and they let us smoke freely next year. Although I'm sure it's not only their decision; the local gov't and police have the final say.

It always boggles my mind though: when people drink at a concert they are more likely to misbehave, and get into fights etc. People smoking weed just get hungry and sleepy...

Regardless of what GV wants if the law passes in November you still cant smoke in public which makes sense (contact high).

FoxeyLady
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I wish you could get contact drunk.

addya
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM

this was Sunday during Infected..2010...

Suffacated
04-20-2010, 08:22 AM
this was Sunday during Infected..2010...

Thats the S.O.B right there!

JustSteve
04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats the S.O.B right there!

haha ;)

JustSteve
04-25-2010, 02:58 PM
This year I had my first interaction with what I assume were a couple undercover cops. As I was walking towards the Sahara tent two people, probably in their later 20s, were sitting right in the middle of the "walkway," and predictably I completely biffed it and tripped on one of their legs. They were definitely the opposite of the undercover cops that fit the Mexican with moustache standard. The guy had abercrombie and fitch on and the girl was basically his female counterpart. I felt bad so I sat down and apologized to them.They asked me if I had lost my friends and I replied that I was meeting them at the Sahara sign, but she really didn't listen and said "Duuude we lost our friends tooooo we should all be friends!" So I assumed she was just high on Coachella love and wanted to spread it...wrong. The weird conversation continued and they offered me a cigarette, I accepted and then she randomly stated "I wanna smoke a j right now with my two best friends, let's smoke a j." Of course, I was down, and I said that we could possibly share our respective joints with each other. Then, she started saying "oh myy gooosh I'm rollinggg, I'm soooo rolling right now." That was the trigger for my "whatchu talkin' about willis" face and when I started to become skeptical of their motives. Sorry, I've rolled, seen people roll, and this chick was not rolling...and she was also not taking out that joint. I'm slowly starting to move away when the guy, who hasn't said a word this entire time, says "Could we buy a j off of you?" I immediately said no and stated that I had to go meet my friends.

Here are a couple of general tips I have from my first experience to identify uc's. First of all, notice the way they act. Coachella has a beautiful amount of love and friendliness going on and it's something I enjoy passing around, but these two were trying to love or acting like they were friendly. The guy didn't communicate in any form that he was comfortable and seemed focused on one task: asking to buy the j. Second, try to get a feel on their story. They first mentioned that they both lost their friends, but later when the guy asked to buy the j he spoke as though they were both friends. And last but not least, when anyone, no matter what they look like asks to buy anything off of you do not agree. I know most of this advice has been mentioned but I wanted to share it because these two were not the pushy, douchy type of undercover cop that I know many have encountered. They were seemingly easygoing people just hanging out at Coachella, but don't let that fool you!

why didn't you call them out very loudly for all in the area to hear? that would have been funny! shoulda taken a pic, too, for posterity :)

righteousdnk
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not gonna get too into it because I'll just come off as a paranoid e-tard again, but yes they are there. Some fit the descriptions we talk about here, most don't. They have the porta potties on lock down. Don't fuck around with them (or people you think are them) because you come off as a douchebag to the people around you and then the undercovers start fucking with you. I'm not gonna explain too deeply but what a few of my friends and I experienced sober on Sunday confirmed a lot of what I believed.

My moral of the story is, don't try and call out undercovers all weekend or mess with who you suspect because it will come back and bite you in the ass.

joebizz
04-25-2010, 06:49 PM
In 04 some guy came up to me in the sahara and was all"Dude... you look like you are having a blast!!" To which I replied,'Hell yes! The music is amazing!!" To which he replied,"Man, I could really use some rolls...man!! Can you hook me up? It looks like you are having a grrrreat time!!" to which I replied(while rollng my balls off mind you)"sir, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm sober and just loving the music. Besides, I know you are a cop, so try someone else." to which he replied,"Damn, was I that obvious? What can I do to blend in?(seriously he asked me that) to which I replied," Lose the moustache." True story.
Another fun trick I learned was at EDC last year. A friend of mine dressed up in red short shorts, a matching tank top and a matching boa.We(me, my friend and his wife)were in line for security, and he just went as flamboyent as possible on the security guard. When we got to security, we noticed the through top to bottom checks the guy in the next line recieved, so my buddy just belt's out;"FRISK ME! PLEASE PLEASE FRISK ME! I SAW HOW YOU HANDLED HIM,AND TOOK AWAY HIS BANDANA!! I KNOW BANDANAS ARE NOT ALLOWED, BUT HOW ABOUT BOA'S??!!" Waved him right through with 15 disco biscuts. His wife and I were crying laughing.

Changoloco
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Or they may just sign a contract with some shitty vendor like, Heineken, that grows shitty pot, serves it to you stale and charges you and arm and a leg for it.

anonimouse
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
the way i dressed this year one would think at first glance i was a typical candy kid, probably why i was asked 20+ times for just about everything. funny thing was i was sober all weekend :)

i did have one seemingly close call. a girl was asking me if i had something (ecstacy i think?) but it was very loud and she was talking pretty quiet. i had to ask her "WHAT?" like 5 times until i finally figured out what she said which was "i like your hat", at least thats what it sounded like. i finally gave her a look of acknowledgement, nodded my head in approval and said "thanks!"

she then said "oh you do?", then i realized the mistake i made and quickly corrected her. i had no drugs anyway so its not like i could get busted for possession but im sure i could still get busted for sales if our miscommunication kept going in that direction. i got the fuck out of there just to be safe

shoegazer76
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Enough with the close calls & cool stories bros. Who got busted/beat/tased/pistol whipped? All I can say is told ya so.

aphrael
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Regardless of what GV wants if the law passes in November you still cant smoke in public which makes sense (contact high).

Not so. The ballot measure says:

"Personal consumption" ... shall include licensed premises open to the public authorized to permit on-premises consumption of cannabis by a local government.

Which is to say: it would basically be up to GV and the city of Indio.

[That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Indio isn't likely to be terribly liberal about this.]

randomh3ro1
04-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I heard that the Arrests went down this year by alot. Even with the Jump in attendance.

dsrlolok
04-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I had a guy come up to me as I was leaving the water station and ask if i "had any extra hits." Didn't think much about it that second but a few minutes later I thought it was weird how non-specific he was.

seitron
05-07-2010, 12:48 AM
I have a cop story. I didn't get arrested, but it certainly scared the shit out of me and ruined the first few hours (until Proxy came on and I funneled my fear into electronic rage). Honestly the whole thing was my fault and could have been avoided, and I fully realize this.
I almost got in big trouble on my way in on Friday. I was camping so we headed in relatively early (and it was my first day of Coachella ever so I was really excited to get in fast). Basically it was totally my fault and I should have taken better precautions. I decided to take a backpack in and I had two eighths with me - I only intended to take one with me but in the hurried shuffling of stuff and rush to get in I forgot to take the other one out.
I got one of those fancy northface backpacks with a million pockets, and I honestly didn't think they were going to check every single square inch. Boy was I f***ing wrong - the dude tore the thing apart. There's a laptop pocket in the back of the main pocket, and I had a shitload of stuff in there. He rummaged through everything and I got the shock of my life when he found an eighth that was supposed to be in my car. The security guard calls the cop over who tells me I can either go back out of the security line or he'll throw it away. I was a dumbass (I've never been in serious trouble with the law, and I got nervous as fuck once he called the cop over and felt like I was gonna puke) so I wanted to just get this whole thing over with so I just told him to toss it.
I assumed they were done rummaging but I was wrong. He asks me if I have anything else and I say no. They opened the most obscure pocket in the front (trust me, I wouldn't have even noticed the pocket if I didn't own the backpack) and asks me to take everything out. This is where the eighth I knew I had was, but I had hid it inside of folded directions. And I had also totally failed myself as an engineer. I pull the thing out the wrong way so the weed was totally obviously inside.
By this point I'm literally shaking in fear, and I keep dropping a bunch of shit. The cop yells at me, takes the weed, and tells me 'do you have anything else, if you say no and we find it we're going to arrest you.' I told him no, 'that's a ridiculous amount of weed for anyone to have.' I dont' have any more weed, but there are hella pills in the bottom of my cigarette pack. Luckily they didnt find them, but i've never been so scared in my life.
He finally finishes, I pick up all the shit I nervously dropped on the floor, and find my friends on the other side. Moral of the story: don't assume they're not going to check that well (even if they barely checked shit getting into car camping the night before). and remember to bring some goddamn duct tape because not even those douchey security guards want to touch your balls.

donkey sex
05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
sux to lose all that weed dude...or dudette. Recenty I've started buying Northface gear exclusively for show. It's very expensive, but well worth it.

"Do you climb mountains even in the depths of icy winter months?" "Of course, I'm wearing Northface (*points to labels").

BeaverCat
05-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I have a cop story. I didn't get arrested, but it certainly scared the shit out of me and ruined the first few hours (until Proxy came on and I funneled my fear into electronic rage). Honestly the whole thing was my fault and could have been avoided, and I fully realize this.
I almost got in big trouble on my way in on Friday. I was camping so we headed in relatively early (and it was my first day of Coachella ever so I was really excited to get in fast). Basically it was totally my fault and I should have taken better precautions. I decided to take a backpack in and I had two eighths with me - I only intended to take one with me but in the hurried shuffling of stuff and rush to get in I forgot to take the other one out.
I got one of those fancy northface backpacks with a million pockets, and I honestly didn't think they were going to check every single square inch. Boy was I f***ing wrong - the dude tore the thing apart. There's a laptop pocket in the back of the main pocket, and I had a shitload of stuff in there. He rummaged through everything and I got the shock of my life when he found an eighth that was supposed to be in my car. The security guard calls the cop over who tells me I can either go back out of the security line or he'll throw it away. I was a dumbass (I've never been in serious trouble with the law, and I got nervous as fuck once he called the cop over and felt like I was gonna puke) so I wanted to just get this whole thing over with so I just told him to toss it.
I assumed they were done rummaging but I was wrong. He asks me if I have anything else and I say no. They opened the most obscure pocket in the front (trust me, I wouldn't have even noticed the pocket if I didn't own the backpack) and asks me to take everything out. This is where the eighth I knew I had was, but I had hid it inside of folded directions. And I had also totally failed myself as an engineer. I pull the thing out the wrong way so the weed was totally obviously inside.
By this point I'm literally shaking in fear, and I keep dropping a bunch of shit. The cop yells at me, takes the weed, and tells me 'do you have anything else, if you say no and we find it we're going to arrest you.' I told him no, 'that's a ridiculous amount of weed for anyone to have.' I dont' have any more weed, but there are hella pills in the bottom of my cigarette pack. Luckily they didnt find them, but i've never been so scared in my life.
He finally finishes, I pick up all the shit I nervously dropped on the floor, and find my friends on the other side. Moral of the story: don't assume they're not going to check that well (even if they barely checked shit getting into car camping the night before). and remember to bring some goddamn duct tape because not even those douchey security guards want to touch your balls.

I got nervous just reading that. On Saturday this girl in front of me got caught with weed in her bag. Luckily for her the security guard was friendly. She gives the girl a stern look and tells her, "Oh honey, you got to take this back to yo car. Girl, you know better." I think Big Momma was our line guard.

beavington
05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
that story sucks. that is why i just always crotch it. ALthough on Saturday the security came awful close to where it was hiding, i was positive i was cooked. Luckily I never took in more than 4 joints at a time. (thank god for in's and out's)

BeaverCat
05-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I had an old broken (didn't look broken on the outside) digital camera that I took apart and stashed my weed in. I walked in every day literally holding my stash in my hand.

JoeCthulhu
05-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I only saw one group of uc's the entire weekend. They were inside the beer garden between the main and outdoor, just inside the southwest entrance. There were about half a dozen of them milling about, so it looked like they were staging there. The more of them there are in one spot, the easier they are to spot.

I pointed them out to my wife from about 20 feet away, and I must have been loud about it, because one of them notice and pointed me out to another of them. We were leaving the BG, and they didn't follow me out, but they didn't look happy.

I didn't see anyone get busted the entire weekend.

elChurro
05-08-2010, 10:59 AM
The safest way to smoke out is up front in the crowd of any band, they're not that dedicated to put up with the sweaty bodies, but you'll have to deal with the anti-smoke people who will give you dirty looks for invading "their space", then ask you for a hit once the band starts playing.

lowfront
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
are you guys really paranoid about bud at coachella? Sure buying and selling is dangerous

but walking around, having it, smoking it as long as you aren't retarded your fine.

2 cars ahead of us in the car search line, I was right there watching the search and they found what had to have been a half a pound of bud in this guys car. The security guard took it, and apologized. Security gave him a half hug and said "don't worry, there will be more inside, sorry" And he wasn't some teenage volunteer, he had a headset and diffrent colored shirt on from everyone else.

righteousdnk
05-11-2010, 12:44 AM
My friend was entering the main entrance and the security guard found his pipe. All he did was tell him to turn around and try again.

beavington
05-11-2010, 06:25 AM
are you guys really paranoid about bud at coachella? Sure buying and selling is dangerous

but walking around, having it, smoking it as long as you aren't retarded your fine.

2 cars ahead of us in the car search line, I was right there watching the search and they found what had to have been a half a pound of bud in this guys car. The security guard took it, and apologized. Security gave him a half hug and said "don't worry, there will be more inside, sorry" And he wasn't some teenage volunteer, he had a headset and diffrent colored shirt on from everyone else.

yeah because having half a pound of "bud" is gonna make anyone go, oh shucks more inside.

I have seen people get fucked with because of smoking "bud". So yeah the worry is a valid one. I would not want to spend more money on anything after it got dumped out, because most likely when you go with enough, you dont budget for buying more.

Its not really a case of just shrugging your shoulders and say "darn"

Josesativa
05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I had an old broken (didn't look broken on the outside) digital camera that I took apart and stashed my weed in. I walked in every day literally holding my stash in my hand.

same here. every day i put my pills joints and other shit into a small bag rolled it up and taped to the back of my iphone then would walk up every time and pull my phone out covering the bag with my palm it was fucking hilarious

guedita
05-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Congratulations, like thousands of other people you were able to bring your drugs into the festival. How FUCKING HILARIOUS.

beavington
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
it is pretty hilarious when it is right in your hand.

Josesativa
05-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Congratulations, like thousands of other people you were able to bring your drugs into the festival. How FUCKING HILARIOUS.

no its funny because you know all the threads about how security was & how searches would be & it was nothing like people made it seem , and its funny how there i am walking through while people stress the fuck out on if their gonna get caught. ha

guedita
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh, okay, thanks Jose. I would have assumed your anecdote was at most mildly amusing and probably not even worth mentioning , but your explanation has really opened my eyes. I now see that your particular and no doubt wholly unique way of bringing in drugs is, in fact, "fucking hilarious."

Josesativa
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
hhaha you & minogue belong in the hater olympics
you guys will give silky a good run. http://hypebeast.com/blog/emekaobi/files/2009/09/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

marleybooger
05-11-2010, 10:40 PM
it was funny as hell to just see a lot of people reach inside either their pants or shirts to get their stash out as soon as they got through the security check.

IRSCOTT
05-12-2010, 01:05 AM
these are funny
http://www.smugglingduds.com/files/Orange-Duds.jpg
but why would one want to smuggle a bananna thats gay.

getbetter
05-12-2010, 02:01 AM

dont be giving security any idea man.

BeaverCat
05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Here is the camera I had:

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI806360.jpg

Unless the guard sat there with a screw driver and knew how to pry it open without breaking it then I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

beavington
05-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Oh, okay, thanks Jose. I would have assumed your anecdote was at most mildly amusing and probably not even worth mentioning , but your explanation has really opened my eyes. I now see that your particular and no doubt wholly unique way of bringing in drugs is, in fact, "fucking hilarious."

its so sad to see that this is the way you feel good about yourself.

guedita
05-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Maybe you should stay out of it, since you know nothing about the history of me and Jose's rhetorical relationship on here. He knows I love (to hate) him.

shoegazer76
05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Good job, way to shit up a thread.

beavington
05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
i dont fucking care about your history, you still dont have to come off as a cunt. maybe you do, because that is how you feel better.

guedita
05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm confused as to how you can so easily assume that responding to Jose in a jokingly deprecatory manner makes me feel better about myself. Or how you are able to judge in any way that I feel bad about myself.

mickflyy
05-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Guedita , is your name a play off Guerita???

guedita
05-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Guedita , is your name a play off Guerita???

Yeah. Kind of.

Josesativa
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe you should stay out of it, since you know nothing about the history of me and Jose's rhetorical relationship on here. He knows I love (to hate) him.

you assume we have a relationship even if rhetorical on these boards..
haha you just like to follow my posts and be a lil nazi
we all know minougue has my heart.

Josesativa
05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm confused as to how you can so easily assume that responding to Jose in a jokingly deprecatory manner makes me feel better about myself. Or how you are able to judge in any way that I feel bad about myself.

we should have met at coachella.. you wouldnt hate me if you met me =/ i met a couple board members and we had some great times

guedita
05-12-2010, 10:39 AM
you assume we have a relationship even if rhetorical on these boards..
haha you just like to follow my posts and be a lil nazi
we all know minougue has my heart.

The very act of responding to my post demonstrates what a "rhetorical relationship" is, Jose...I thought you might have trouble with that one.

I'm sure you are as equally entertaining in person, maybe someday we will meet and you can tell me all your drug stories and I will pretend to be amused. But minougue WILL punch you in the face.

Oh, sorry to derail the thread. My boyfriend snuck our drugs in by putting them in a small fanny pack which he tucked inside his jeans. Security didn't suspect a thing, oh god it was hilarious. Also, don't share drugs with strangers, they might be undercover cops.

elChurro
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
The po-po should be directing traffic around the festival instead of harassing attendees. Anyone stepping outside of the grounds under the influence would be fair game.

Josesativa
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
The very act of responding to my post demonstrates what a "rhetorical relationship" is, Jose...I thought you might have trouble with that one.

I'm sure you are as equally entertaining in person, maybe someday we will meet and you can tell me all your drug stories and I will pretend to be amused. But minougue WILL punch you in the face.

Oh, sorry to derail the thread. My boyfriend snuck our drugs in by putting them in a small fanny pack which he tucked inside his jeans. Security didn't suspect a thing, oh god it was hilarious. Also, don't share drugs with strangers, they might be undercover cops.

no because your saying shit to me so i write back. i assume you would do the same . wtf why do you think all i care about is drugs.. sure i love them but i enjoy music more,

but ya security was chill and easy to get through it didnt seem like they were looking for drugs than more for weapons . i only got hip checked and no pocket searches all weekend

shoegazer76
05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
this is an important thread. keep your bitchin amongst one another out of it.

donkey sex
05-12-2010, 06:06 PM
"Well, we protect and serve. And we frisk."

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/173-0417112829-gay-cops.jpg

aarenlainey
05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Seems to be an interesting post. I have stumbled this for my friends. Hope others find it as interesting as I did.

Cheddar's Cousin
05-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Jose, maybe this will help:

reˇlaˇtionˇship n. A particular type of connection existing between people related to or having dealings with each other

mickflyy
05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Minogue vs Jose on the Do-Lab stage please!

Josesativa
05-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Minogue vs Jose on the Do-Lab stage please!

im down for that. i would love to be on the Do lab stage fighting a slightly retarded girl with her helmet on. then after i am crowned victorious i shall wet all the people that are hot!

mickflyy
05-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I would very possibly miss a set to see this lol.

unit300021
05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
That might actually be pretty funny to watch, not that i follow or know the "history" of them nor do I care but still sounds awesome.

For this thread though Ive never brought in drugs with me so it would not have mattered but Ive always taken out the things in my back pack and hold in my hand before they check it. Done this for every day for every coachella I have been to and not once have security even looked in my back pack. I honestly could have brought in so much stuff if I wanted to.

thewoodenman
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
amusing story: saturday night we went out to our lockers for something. This kid was yelling someone's name from that inside area where they always have the horse cops chilling over to the camping area. Mind you, this whole time there is a security guard in a BRIGHT YELLOW shirt standing around and obviously took notice. So the kid who looks no older than 16 keeps yelling his buddys name and eventually a backpack comes flying over the fence to him. He casually grabs it and of course Mr. Security Guard comes over and says, "I'm not stupid. What's in the bag?" The kid looked pretty freaked out and I really can't believe he didn't notice the guard staring at himt the whole time he was shouting that name. The first thing to come out of the kids mouth was "Um...My friend is 21..." and yea the guard grabs him by the arm and takes him away. Wow. Just wow.

nic[ick]
08-27-2010, 03:57 PM
shitty man. next year.....
be safe

MistaGlitch
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Too bad this thread seems to have died...I enjoy hearing the "what not to do" stories

mistakenstrangers
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
this was and could continue to be a good thread, more stories plz

kronz420
12-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Two years ago my girlfriend and I were standing in line to get in. This short girl grabs my arm from behind me and says ... I made a bunch of weed cookies ... do you think they will let me bring them in? To which I said no im pretty sure they wont. She then asked if i would like to buy some. I thought about it for a moment then decided not to but said thanks for the offer. She then says well will you help me eat them? I said absolutely and got stoned as fuck off two cookies ... Thanks Coachella lol

MistaGlitch
12-08-2010, 06:40 AM
This will be my first time to Coachella...I'm skipping Ultra so I can afford it. I've been to plenty of festivals but It's always good to hear how the cops are elsewhere. MORE STORIES!

Distorted_Jungle
12-09-2010, 01:43 PM
This will be my first time to Coachella...I'm skipping Ultra so I can afford it. I've been to plenty of festivals but It's always good to hear how the cops are elsewhere. MORE STORIES!

Cops at Coachella pretty much don't exist if you aren't an idiot. I've read this thread in the past and forget what stories are in it. Bring your own party supplies, don't be generous with them because even a gift of drugs is illegal and nothing is going to happen to you. I've never met a smart person that got busted at an event.

Mucho Maas
12-09-2010, 02:10 PM
...it seems that, in my experience, worst-case scenario is that your goods get confiscated. never a good thing, but not that bad. and i wouldn't say that law-enforcement is non-existent. in '06 i was told to stomp out a joint in the middle of a crowd during damien marley. so yes, they are around, and apparently motivated. this particular guy went through some serious traffic to get to me.

Miroir Noir
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
As a lawyer who's seen both sides of a criminal case, I can say that this advice is pretty spot on:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neill-franklin/a-cops-advice-on-dealing-_b_783387.html#s182278

Apart from not doing anything illegal (or at least openly advertising that you're doing anything illegal), there are basic rules of thumb to follow in any citizen/police encounter. For those who don't want to click through everything, here are the basic steps to follow if you encounter a police officer at Coachella or anywhere else:
1) Be calm, cool, and collected.
2) Be respectful, but firmly exercise your right to remain silent and to not answer questions you feel uncomfortable with.
3) Respectfully refuse searches if asked (note: this will probably not work well at the Coachella gate, since you are giving your authorizaton to be searched as a condition of entry).
4) Don't get tricked, and be careful of strangers. The police are allowed to lie and use subterfuge (as well documented in these and similar threads).
5) If you are being detained, continually ask if you are free to go.
6) Don't expose yourself (again, if you light up a joint in the middle of the polo fields, or start acting like the naked wizard, the constitution probably won't be able to help you much, no matter how lax law enforcement traditionally is at Coachella).
7) Don't EVER run.
8) Don't EVER touch a cop.
9) Report police misconduct and watch out for the rights of your fellow concert-goers (remember, all of those recording devices can be used to capture things other than buzz bands).

Bud Luster
12-09-2010, 03:42 PM
...it seems that, in my experience, worst-case scenario is that your goods get confiscated.

This worst case scenario couldn't be more incorrect.

Mucho Maas
12-09-2010, 03:47 PM
....that's why the statement was qualified with the whole "in my experience" thing.

vinyljunkie
12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
wow can't believe i just read so many fucked up stories. Last year, i snuck in my 18" roor with an o on me and smoked nonchalantly outside my tent. Every now and then someone would ask for a sack or a trade and we'd do an exchange, but shit now i know better. I guess I consider myself lucky considering how fucking dumb i was....

greghead
12-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Where are you from that you publicly exchange or sell drugs to strangers with no worry of running afoul local law enforcement?

heyeric
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
buyer beware.

addya
12-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Seller beware.

captncrzy
12-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Where are you from that you publicly exchange or sell drugs to strangers with no worry of running afoul local law enforcement?

Baltimore. The towers.

ballroomdancer22
12-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Cops can't underestimate the creativity of people holding

that being said I got plenty of illicit substances into the Polo Fields last year to sedate a family of elephants

stellarpoet22
12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey ballroom great 420 th post...lol

ballroomdancer22
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
hahaha thanks

I don't even blaze

brematale111
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
bump

elChurro
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
A friend of mine who's cousins works security every year says that they like to harass campers, take their stuff and split it up amongst themselves. These guys usually wear the same color shirts and drive around in golf carts, total thugs looking to jack peeps.

BEWARE.

LickTheLizzard
01-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Baltimore. The towers.

Be careful.... They're waiting.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2008/07/29/WireMain.jpg

Teaginator
01-23-2011, 12:55 AM
These posts make me depressed as all hell... but are necessary for those who choose to be oblivious to this serious matter. I was arrested for possession and went to jail. Luckily, my friend was able to post my bail that night and I was the only one allowed to leave as there was a lockdown for the entire next day. I was lucky as shit. There were many guys in that cell that sold and/or possessed a lot of drugs (ie: E) NOBODY was a violent offender... All just trying to have a good time. I felt horrible for these guys cause the judicial system don't give a fuck. So backwards...
The Po Po want sellers as it's worth more money to the state (selling is considered a felony, whatever the drug is). I hired a local attorney who knew the DA. If you get caught, hire local... Bottom line is ALL the locals are making money that weekend so why can't the local police, courts and government. Don't sell. Be inconspicuous. Be smart.

Sleeping Lion
01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
The best way to deal with an undercover cop is the same way you handle a rapist. Blow a whistle, scream fire and mace that fucker!
Afterwards your options:

1) Run into a crowd of people.
2) Hide in a porta potty. Come out with your shirt off. This means you women and fatties!
3) If your in a quiet area with a few friends simply overpower the cop and blindfold him/her with a shirt. Your gonna want to cover his mouth and hands as well. You and your buddies escort him to a potty pretending your caring for a drunk friend. Throw them in and run like hell. *Warning* This is not only a great idea but a disaster if that cop remember where you camped.

Remember kids if you get blazed, do it inside a strangers tent!

ballroomdancer22
01-23-2011, 05:32 PM
it's quite simple numbskulls....don't do your drugs in plain sight, state you have no idea what drugs are when encountered and asked for said drugs.

1-2

1-2

easy.

now, if a hottie in short cutoffs a nice tan, some manageable tits and a glow of partying with molly approaches you and asks if you'd be nice enough to share some of your blow well then disregard the above information