PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A DISASTER! $700 for fake carcamping spots

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Coachella just send your crew back out to the field and figure out a way to extend the camping area.

It's sad you are making these people spend $700 for a $55 camping ticket and I'm hearing that some of those tix are fake. Thank God I'm good to go.

No bueno

Grant
03-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Stop fucking crying and deal with it

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 06:43 AM
let me guess you are selling tix for that price grant?

Grant
03-29-2010, 06:44 AM
No. I'm tired of people complaining. You had your chance and you missed out, fucking deal with it.

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Im not talkin about me bro...im good to go

Grant
03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Then why make a thread about it, everyone already knows. And there's this neat little thing called the search function, you should try it sometime.

invisiblerobots
03-29-2010, 07:22 AM
It's sad you are making these people spend $700 for a $55 camping ticket

lulz

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 07:34 AM
why search when you can just post it (again)...it just sucks for the hundreds of people that have gone to coachella every year and bought their camping pass closer to showtime because thats what they are used to.

but I guess in your defense granty poopoo bear everyone is allowed in the camping area this year so even if they didnt get a camping pass they can still show up and set up camp and offer some money to whos ever spot they are invading

Mr.Nipples
03-29-2010, 07:37 AM
why search when you can just post it (again)...

no you stupid motherfucker thats not how it works

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
no you stupid motherfucker thats not how it works

haha cute

Grant
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
but I guess in your defense granty poopoo bear everyone is allowed in the camping area this year so even if they didnt get a camping pass they can still show up and set up camp and offer some money to whos ever spot they are invading

granty poopoo bear? What are you, five years old? And if you try to set up camp in my spot, prepare for crucifixion.

insbordnat
03-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Those without camping spots just send your crew out to the field and figure out a way to pay for the camping tickets.

It's sad you aren't making these people spend $700 for a $55 camping ticket for waiting too long.

No bueno

Fixed

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
granty poopoo bear? What are you, five years old? And if you try to set up camp in my spot, prepare for crucifixion.

hahaha I dont do daddies so no worries

Grant
03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
LOLWTFBBQ

beavington
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
goldenvoice can only do so much. They have done their side with complying with fire codes and such. Its too bad people are buying fake tickets but as it has been repeated here time and time again buyer beware

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 07:59 AM
goldenvoice can only do so much. They have done their side with complying with fire codes and such. Its too bad people are buying fake tickets but as it has been repeated here time and time again buyer beware

I hear ya...I guess something to learn from for next year...for both us and the coachella crew

Mr.Nipples
03-29-2010, 07:59 AM
sucks to be you bro

insbordnat
03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I hear ya...I guess something to learn from for next year...for both us and the coachella crew

Yeah, they really need to sell tickets slower. Damn people buying them so fast!

It's called limited resources dude. You want them to magically create more spots this year or next year?

malcolmjamalawesome
03-29-2010, 08:11 AM

No, the Coachella crew has nothing to learn from here. They sold out of tickets the same way any other event may. You waited too long, as though you thought it an impossibility that passes would sell out. You took an unreasonable stance and now you're suffering the consequences.

Harrisment
03-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Crushing blows.

wstsidela
03-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Finite amount of tickets + Infinite amount of procrastinators = Lots of people staying home the 3rd weekend of April.

faxman75
03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
My girlfriend got her period and ruined my whole fucking weekend. Thanks a lot Goldenvoice. It's sad you aren't even handing out leaflets to explain how the moon effects those cycles so we can all be more prepared.

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 09:12 AM
No, the Coachella crew has nothing to learn from here. They sold out of tickets the same way any other event may. You waited too long, as though you thought it an impossibility that passes would sell out. You took an unreasonable stance and now you're suffering the consequences.

um learn to read and yes the coachella crew is realizing some problems. What I've heard from my buds working Coachella is that it is a bit disorganized and most likely no carcamping next year.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Francisco shut the fuck up.

SDsoldier7
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey PartygirlPaco,

Fuck your sig and fuck San Diego.

SDPartyBoyPaco
03-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey PartygirlPaco,

Fuck your sig and fuck San Diego.

HAHAH dont get all crazy on me now girl...dont want your vagina to start bleeding hahah again

wstsidela
03-29-2010, 09:33 AM
um learn to read and yes the coachella crew is realizing some problems. What I've heard from my buds working Coachella is that it is a bit disorganized and most likely no carcamping next year.

Bullshit. I worked for Goldenvoice & Kevin Lyman and actually know people in the office. You're talking out your ass.

travolta
03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
blind allegiance to a corporation. check

usual sardonic responses. check

all we need now is a post from JustSteve and a pict from gaypalmsprings and i say we got us a coachella board thread!

superfiction
03-29-2010, 09:41 AM
yeah this thread just.....it needs to go away

dantoro
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
My girlfriend got her period and ruined my whole fucking weekend. Thanks a lot Goldenvoice. It's sad you aren't even handing out leaflets to explain how the moon effects those cycles so we can all be more prepared.

LOL!!

faxman75
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
What I've heard from my buds working Coachella is that it is a bit disorganized and most likely no carcamping next year.

You're a dumb fuck.

JustSteve
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
blind allegiance to a corporation. check

usual sardonic responses. check

all we need now is a post from JustSteve and a pict from gaypalmsprings and i say we got us a coachella board thread!

check.

and it's not blind allegiance. it's knowing the people running this festival for more than a decade, knowing their concern for the fans, and knowing that after the show is over everyone will be here gushing about how great of a weekend it was.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-29-2010, 10:51 AM

Considering that it HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET I don't understand how anybody could draw any sort of conclusions like this.

higgybaby23
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
^Are you questioning the authority of his buds? They sound like people in the "know".

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
There have been many posts going on and on about how this whole fiasco is a DISASTER and won't happen again...because of tickets selling out?

Yeesh.

TheClares
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
There have been many posts going on and on about how this whole fiasco is a DISASTER and won't happen again...because of tickets selling out?

Yeesh.

RV Tickets. Sold Out. Camping Tickets. Sold Out. God help us if 3 Day tickets sell out. They might just cancel all future Coachellas.

TomAz
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
ahahahahaha

Zippy024
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
RV Tickets. Sold Out. Camping Tickets. Sold Out. God help us if 3 Day tickets sell out. They might just cancel all future Coachellas.

That is just crazy! We should just boycott.

Although I will be interested to see what will happen with the 10X30 spaces and everyone not having to buy a camping ticket. I almost smell a logistical nightmare with people fighting for tent space. Then again, the campground didn't look that crowded last year so maybe the demand is not a big as I imagine it is.

JClemy
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I think 10x30 is great. I bet selling out and most likely guaranteeing profit sucks for GV. Poor them, they will cancel for sure.

Also why are the people charging for extra passes villains?

littlewolf
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I've never been to the festival before, but I knew I really wanted to go, so I bought my tickets and camping pass as soon as they were released. Isn't that what normal people do, instead of waiting until a limited event is sold out and then bitching about it? Maybe I'm missing something, but that's just logic to me.

Lynn163
03-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I've never been to the festival before, but I knew I really wanted to go, so I bought my tickets and camping pass as soon as they were released. Isn't that what normal people do, instead of waiting until a limited event is sold out and then bitching about it? Maybe I'm missing something, but that's just logic to me.

You are going to have an amazing first festival experience!

littlewolf
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
You are going to have an amazing first festival experience!

I plan on it! I'm so excited, can't wait to see what I've been missing all these years.

koliebo
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Wait, you mean when you buy a ticket online for 10x what it's actually worth, you run the risk of getting a fake? I had no idea!

Bud Luster
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Littlewolf brings the knowledge.

heyeric
03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Bullshit. I worked for Goldenvoice & Kevin Lyman and actually know people in the office. You're talking out your ass.

sweet, are you working coachella? i worked 05-08. i was thinking about returning this year to work but decided on just bringing some friends for the first time, this year is probably the best year to do that.

BROKENDOLL
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I think 10x30 is great. I bet selling out and most likely guaranteeing profit sucks for GV. Poor them, they will cancel for sure.

Also why are the people charging for extra passes villains?
If they're charging face value, they're not villians. When they charge $800 they're not villians either...they're thieves. So Un-Coachellalike, don't you think?

frazzles
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I should mention that when eBay BIDS end up going into that price range, the only people at fault are the bidders. And possibly the seller if they have a second account to just skyrocket their shit.

I see nothing wrong with others who see the now average price that these tickets are going for and charging around the same amount. That's simply just being smart, not "Un-Coachellalike."

WhyTheLongFace
03-29-2010, 08:23 PM
When they charge $800 they're not villians either...they're thieves.

What exactly are they stealing? My friend had felt this dilemma she didn't want bad karma so she started the bidding at 150. Not her fault the silly MFers took it up to $500. More Drug Money for our Condo. *Turns on P Diddy & Mase*

wstsidela
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
sweet, are you working coachella? i worked 05-08. i was thinking about returning this year to work but decided on just bringing some friends for the first time, this year is probably the best year to do that.

I'm an old-timer. I was part of the Claremont Mafia in the 90s (Kevin Lyman, Ray Woodbury, KURT "FUCKIN' ROSS", Dave Foley, Salba, & many more). I'm out of the box-moving biz but my friends still work for Goldenvoice & Coachella.

JClemy
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
If they're charging face value, they're not villians. When they charge $800 they're not villians either...they're thieves. So Un-Coachellalike, don't you think?

I feel good about how I sold mine but I still. Think some of these people deserve to get charged a butt load.

OnlyNonStranger
03-29-2010, 10:38 PM
What exactly are they stealing? My friend had felt this dilemma she didn't want bad karma so she started the bidding at 150. Not her fault the silly MFers took it up to $500. More Drug Money for our Condo. *Turns on P Diddy & Mase*

I like your style.

Jankypirate
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Its simple supply and demand. Supply ran out + demand is high = high price.

Sellers are selling them for what they are worth now. nothing wrong with that.

If you waited until they sold out, ITS NO ONE'S FAULT BUT YOURS.

And to those freaking morons who bought tickets of CL from non-local sellers, especially using Western Union, that's your own damn fault too.

Quit bitching.