PDA

View Full Version : I was tricked, now I'm short $300, and I have no where to camp at Coachella

LiveFree
03-26-2010, 11:37 PM
So I'm sure you've heard it all when it comes to Coachella sob stories?

Guess again. I finally got ahold of someone selling their camping pass @ $150 each! So my friend and I rounded up some cash and bought two for $300 (at this time our group was 15 people, however we were spotting everyone until the day we all drove), we exchanged information and I sent him $$$ through Western Union yesterday. He told me he would email me the tickets once he got the money. I called Western Union this afternoon, after calling him several times, emailing him twice, and texting him multiple times. They told me that it was picked up at 11:30am and that I should report my case as Fraud. So I did.

But now my friends and I have no where to crash.
I need to stop believing their are actually good people out there

If there's anyone looking to sell a ticket super cheap (cause I'm easily tricked and I'm fool for being dumb enough to send money without asking more questions) or someone willing to let me and 4 of my friends camp with you, we are more than willing to share water, food, whatever.

Namaste.

quicksand
03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
I need to stop believing their are actually good people out there

Samesiez

JustSteve
03-27-2010, 08:12 AM
in this day of all information being available with just a click of the mouse why in all holy hell would you send money via western union for something like this?

there is paypal, there is ebay, there is stubhub...not sure how people are still falling for this shit?

gaypalmsprings
03-27-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nigeriascam.gif

LiveFree
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I offered to pay with paypal or to even go through a bank and I was asked to use western union.

And you don't have to be a dick about it.

If people are still failing for this "shit" it's because there are better people than you who actually think there are honest people out there. Yeah maybe I shouldn't be so quick to trust people but til then, I fucked up and I know it. But at this point there isn't much I can do so try not to be an asshole and make me feel worse.

JustSteve
03-27-2010, 08:35 AM
good people use paypal...assholes trying to rip people off use western union, shoulda been an immediate red flag. guess it will be in the future...but there are still good people out there.

jimmycrackcorn
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/bzzagent-bzzscapes-prod/silly-rabbit-tricks-are-for-kids-lrg.png

lowfront
03-27-2010, 09:06 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VYsDeslNFIs/R7hfEy1eZ9I/AAAAAAAACbM/RD0YJ-5NgDA/s400/Prix%2BMultivisuels%2BWestern%2BUnion%2B5.jpg

gaypalmsprings
03-27-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/epicFAIL.jpg

shannonb
03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
how many friends of yours need a camping site? will you be in tents or a rv? what is your favorite color? do you like beer? Who are you most excited to see this year?

I have an rv spot on site and at this point might have some extra room for a tent or two! Email me, we will see if we can regain your faith in human beings.

lowfront
03-27-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u259/funny-pictures-beware-of-the-cute-duckling-scam.jpg

somahead
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Was this Chan from Toronto? I saw his listing and sent an offer of $250 and he emailed me back saying they were e-tickets. So much for that as I never buy e-tickets off of Clist. Then my friend text me an hour later saying she could get a ticket for $150. Same guy.

Guy is still sending emails to her offering tickets for $150. Never use Western Union, especially with Craig's List. Hell, they warn about that at the top of the site.

If this is the same guy, make sure to flag the post. We have been trying to get him to say how to send payment but no such luck. Hope you can track down a ticket.

Sonybonez
03-27-2010, 02:31 PM
So sad that this happened to you. Don't worry. That Thunder Cunt will get what he deserves... Maybe karma will bite him in the ass at the festival (i.e. someone knocks over the port-o-pottie with him in it, he gets his leg pissed on, gets all his drugs confiscated, etc...) I really do hope you find a place to crash. I'd offer you our extra spot but have already filled it with Coachella people we're fostering. Can't believe they charged the $150 too~ all I asked was for them to just reimburse what I paid ($55).

Have faith! Not everyone on here is bad :)

Namaste!

Stickjohn
03-27-2010, 02:45 PM
uh pretty sure this is fake ...

LiveFree
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Was this Chan from Toronto? I saw his listing and sent an offer of $250 and he emailed me back saying they were e-tickets. So much for that as I never buy e-tickets off of Clist. Then my friend text me an hour later saying she could get a ticket for $150. Same guy.

Guy is still sending emails to her offering tickets for $150. Never use Western Union, especially with Craig's List. Hell, they warn about that at the top of the site.

If this is the same guy, make sure to flag the post. We have been trying to get him to say how to send payment but no such luck. Hope you can track down a ticket.

OH MY GOD! THAT'S HIM!!!!

IF you can get him to give you his location and any info he may give your friend, I've notified the authorities and they need all the info they can get!

Please and Thank you!

LiveFree
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
uh pretty sure this is fake ...

um pretty sure it's not fake. and ACTUALLY, an amazing individual has taken our group in. Thanks Shan!

gaypalmsprings
03-28-2010, 02:45 AM
The Canada scam comes up every year. I mean a 3rd world country, ticketfast, and Western Union - what are you, 'tarded?

Stickjohn
03-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Maybe Shan got scammed?

freya519
03-28-2010, 08:56 AM
canada, 3rd world? gtfo.

fatbastard
03-28-2010, 08:59 AM
You poor fuck.

WhyTheLongFace
03-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Canada....... a 3rd world country

hahahahaah oh gps

somahead
03-28-2010, 11:32 PM
OH MY GOD! THAT'S HIM!!!!

IF you can get him to give you his location and any info he may give your friend, I've notified the authorities and they need all the info they can get!

Please and Thank you!
Sorry, but there is really nothing I can do for you. He/she has ceased sending any information to us and his listing on Craig's List is gone. Craig's List is a great place to get tickets but you have to protect yourself as much as possible. Never wire money, use caution when buying e-tickets and never get too excited about prices that are too good to be true.

Hope everything works out for you and your group. Situations like this tend to lend themselves to a more memorable experience in the end.