PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks!!!!

Cydewonder
01-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Interpol and Sonic youth on Friday??? wtf? :mad:

I wanted to go to atleast 2 days this year, but theres only like 5 bands i want to see each day, its not worth all that money. I know GV does it on purpose to even out the bands & crowds per day but seriously This Sucks!!!

jenga66
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I know what you mean (except Sonic Youth and Interpol in the same day is an incentive for me). I'm not too inclined to go to the other two days, even if I've never seen the other two headliners before.

I figure I've already met Zach anyway. That made me happy, hehe.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 12:41 PM
All three days are so insanely well populated with good to great bands. It'll be hard to make choices.
That's the only part that sucks. It's gonna be too damn good.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I wish I were a hipster.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I wish you had better taste in music. Whatcha gonna do?

Courtney
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
There are maybe 8-12 bands each day that I know and am excited to see, but that's totally enough to make a ticket worth it, in my opinion.

Plus, part of what makes Coachella so awesome for me is the whole discovery process where I check out all the bands that I don't know from each day, and find new favorites.

Cydewonder
01-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Im probaly going to saturday for sure, because of all 3 days it has the most bands i want to see.(if your gonna spend $80 it might as be worth it)

I wanted to go to atleast 2days but other than Interpol on friday and Air on sunday theres nothing else that really grabs my attention any of the other days.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I know what you mean (except Sonic Youth and Interpol in the same day is an incentive for me). I'm not too inclined to go to the other two days, even if I've never seen the other two headliners before.

That's enough to give me a general idea. SY and Interpol are both good, but there are so many acts that would draw a wide and varied crowd on the other two days. Go listen to Konono No. 1 and then we'll talk.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Go listen to The Shins, hipster.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
BMack,

you don't know what I listen to, so I wouldn't be so quick to make that judgment.

tamebeast@comcast.net
01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I am amazed at how well the lineup looked! TJAMC-TRAVIS-CROWDED HOUSE gezz this is great

jenga66
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
That's enough to give me a general idea. SY and Interpol are both good, but there are so many acts that would draw a wide and varied crowd on the other two days. Go listen to Konono No. 1 and then we'll talk.

Go listen to The Shins, you hipster.

kreutz2112
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
BMack,

you don't know what I listen to, so I wouldn't be so quick to make that judgment.

Dude have you ever heard of Richard J? They kick ass!:poo

full on idle
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey Bryan, that was a snappy comeback, I laughed.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Bob Saget makes my day.

full on idle
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Also I thought the hipsters didn't like the Shins anymore.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
yeah, i was just gonna say that. I can't be hip, I like the Shins. Oh well, can't win em all.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Kreutz,

LOL!

sithlord
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
keep in mind, you'll probably only see 10 or so bands each day anyway. there's only so much time in a day.

Personally, I think the lineup is really good this year. Can't help but think we're missing a headliner or two on Saturday, though. No 'reunion' band on Saturday, and only 2 headliners, really.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
They're gonna be adding more acts, without a doubt. Expect at least one more big electronic act (i'm hoping for Underworld or the Orb, possibly Basement Jaxx) and a few more top-tier acts.

kreutz2112
01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Squarepusher or Aphex Twin would suit me well

bmack86
01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
i'd cry tears of joy for either

bballarl
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Jenga, take the time to research the bands. You will like more than you think.

amdux
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Bjork by herself is worth the price

but even the bands you've never heard of may be the greatest thing you've ever heard if you happen to stop by their stage

the names you know bring you the first time.....the names you don't keep you coming back :thu

p.s. if you have Sirius satellite radio, listen to left of center for a couple of hours and you'll probably hear a song from 80% of the lineup

york707
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
It's not realistic to plan on seeing more than 8-10 bands a day, otherwise you'll spend most of your day walking and not listening. So, to say there are only 6 bands a day you want to see, that's perfect! 6 no-brainers plus two or three new bands each day. Sounds about right to me.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Jenga, take the time to research the bands. You will like more than you think.

No, I've stopped listening to new underground music since I heard Trail of Dead. You're talking to an ex employee of Tower, I took this crap home by the handfulls.

New_Paradigm
There are maybe 8-12 bands each day that I know and am excited to see, but that's totally enough to make a ticket worth it, in my opinion.

Plus, part of what makes Coachella so awesome for me is the whole discovery process where I check out all the bands that I don't know from each day, and find new favorites.

Amen

New_Paradigm
Squarepusher or Aphex Twin would suit me well
Amen #2

DeadSkin
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I hear it, I want to go see the Red Hot Chili Peppers beacuse they are one of my favorite bands. But I also really want to see Damian Marley, Interpol, Peeping Tom... and a bunch of other bands from the first day. But I only really want to go for the last 2 days. UGGH I dont wanna spend $250.00 on tickets, and then camping fees... man this is going to burn a hole in my pocket. Something seriously has to be done about the ticket prices.

Cydewonder
01-22-2007, 01:26 PM
When do they post the Coachella player up?? anybody kno'

TomAz
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Something seriously has to be done about the ticket prices.

Here's something you could do about the ticket prices: get a better job.

New_Paradigm
01-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I only see one possible confliction on day 1...please, please, please, I am begging don't put JAMC and DJ Shadow on at the same time!

The Nichole
01-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I have to be honest, i was expecting a lot more this year. It is still early though, i am hoping for some of my hopefuls to be added later!

BoNgHiTs&40's
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
he he he, newbie here.........planning to go to coachella for the first time, my lady told me Rage was playin' and i about blew my mind (thought they were over with), so ya, making the road trip plans as we speak. don't really care where i sleep (I got a sleeping bag, lmao), i just know its going to be Ragin'!!!

bmack86
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
No, I've stopped listening to new underground music since I heard Trail of Dead. You're talking to an ex employee of Tower, I took this crap home by the handfulls.

You, sir, are an idiot. Please stay at home so we don't have to deal with you. Why would you even think about coming to Coachella if you're that close-minded about your music?

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Coachella will never suck...it's an experience. And now that it's 3 days it's even more of an experience. You have Rage and Bjork...I would pay whatever they ask just to see those two in the same weekend.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
You, sir, are an idiot. Please stay at home so we don't have to deal with you. Why would you even think about coming to Coachella if you're that close-minded about your music?

I'd rather be an idiot than an ignorant asshole. Closed minded? It's called PREFERENCE. I bet you're another one of those Rivers Cuomo fans, you poser. I'll wipe the floor with your ass.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
HAHA Bmack, I just looked at your profile and you are INDEED a Rivers Cuomo clone! You remind me of those fags that walk on the bus wearing a saddle creek sweater fondling your iPod while you have your thumb up your ass you prick.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
lets just start calling people niggers as a way to put them down if we're going to start throw *** around... and tons of good music was never picked up by tower because they don't carry every last piece of music in the world, thank god they went out of business.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I just don't agree with the way he came at me if I never came at him in the first place. If he's going to refer to my "I wish I was a hipster" comment, it wasn't directed at him. It's sad because people can't pick up on sarcasm on the internet. Silly me.

SecretAgentX-9
01-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Go listen to The Shins, you hipster.

Shins are really not that cool, this coming from someone that's been labeled a "hipster" before

sighlent
01-22-2007, 05:41 PM
your cover up for your casual throwing around of *** as a term of belittlement is really half assed, you did nothing to indicate sarcasm, hence it wasn't sarcasm fucktard.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
haha, that makes me laugh. I despise Weezer, you aging record store reject.

I've stopped listening to new underground music

Preference is one thing, but ignoring a whole array of musical styles due to one band is blind ignorance. Sonce you don't like new underground music, what do you like? Nickelback? Or do you just wallow in the bygone days of your Tower records peak, wishing that you could climb back up onto the stool and insult anyone who doesn't listen to your favorite record over and over again?

sighlent
01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
haha, that makes me laugh. I despise Weezer, you aging record store reject.

Preference is one thing, but ignoring a whole array of musical styles due to one band is blind ignorance. Sonce you don't like new underground music, what do you like? Nickelback? Or do you just wallow in the bygone days of your Tower records peak, wishing that you could climb back up onto the stool and insult anyone who doesn't listen to your favorite record over and over again?

couldn't have put it better...

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I have no idea where this is going, but again- you don't know me and just because I threw around a few band names you insinuated that I have a poor taste in music. You don't know what I listen to. And Tower gets more music than you think, they're called PROMOS you know, those two or three track cd's that come in the paper sleeves. I don't have to explain myself to you, I know I have a vast variety and taste.

Want to get bent out of shape about the '***' comment, go save the world. I don't like the shin's nor have I never.

Nickelback? Please. Now you're just being over zealous.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
i insinuated that you have poor taste in music not because the band names you threw out (both Interpol and Sonic Youth are good groups) but because of your comments regarding the lack of interesting bands at coachella followed by your claim that you were not interested in finding out if these bands had anything to offer.

I, for one, am enjoying this exchange immensely.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, I went to a Bright Eyes show in 2001 and came out loving The Good Life and Azure Ray. I'm not against being exposed to other bands, I just don't break my back trying to find them.

bmack86
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
well, you've got a bevy of suggestions on a poster right now. Many of the bands playing are fantastic and well worth your time. I would almost guarantee that, if you were to choose 5 names from the poster, at random, you would find at least one act that you liked.

jenga66
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
haha I really think you should just let it go, but for your sick pleasure I'll succumb to your attack.

First of all, I'm not African American, sooo..that's on you. And no, I'm not insinuating that the shins are homosexual.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Are you insinuating that the Shins (its not shin's because it's not a thing being possessed by a shin) are homosexual? because you spoke of them in the same sentence you ******.

york707
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
(I got a sleeping bag, lmao)

Wait, am I missing what's funny about a sleeping bag?