PDA

View Full Version : Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

serdar
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I need a camping site. She wants to be there so bad.

quicksand
03-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Good luck getting a pass, friend.

digitaldragon03
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Your wizard sleeve daughter won't be able to camp you stupid fucking asshole it's 18+
...unless she is with her father you fucking imbecile.

Im tired of everyone being a dick to noobs by responding with false information.

dantoro
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Your wizard sleeve daughter won't be able to camp you stupid fucking asshole it's 18+

um .. no he is not the asshole here

ONSITE CAMPING RULES & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

* All camping attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a valid I.D. or be accompanied by legal guardian. Sorry NO exceptions..

Neighborhood Creep
03-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol, having a bad day Mr. Sand?

darkjustice
03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
holy shit

SoHungry310
03-25-2010, 09:56 PM

http://mcrforever.zip.net/images/you_fail_002.jpg

Mr.Nipples
03-25-2010, 09:59 PM

kill yourself

donkey sex
03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
"Daddy's home"

OnlyNonStranger
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Quicksand is just pissed because he slacked on getting a camping pass and is now Shit Outta Luck.

Norwalkguy
03-26-2010, 06:19 AM

jerk ..chill out..

My dad was the bomb growing up and took me to shows all the time. He would have been with me camping if i was 15 and begging to see my favorite bands..

Good luck pops!

thisdj
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
baha quicksand you fail.

http://www.totaldiatribe.com/img/pwned.jpg

anevaude
03-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Way to be a dick.
Way to be a dick to a father.
Way to be a dick to a father trying to do something nice for his little girl.

:thu

jimmycrackcorn
03-26-2010, 08:11 AM

good luck man... it's gonna be expensive now...

Chelaw
03-26-2010, 08:21 AM
jesus. hostile for no reason. hope this guy finds a camp site just cause

frozen pilgrim
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM

if by some chance you can't get a ticket, DO NOT fall for those $800 ebay scammer assholes. just show up, and walk around a bit until you find a site with some extra space, especially in the car camping area where a lot of folks will just be parking for tent camping. someone will let you crash. if your daughter wants to come to coachella and you're willing to make it happen, don't let the lack of a camping pass (or qicksand being a jerk) get in your way

canexplain
03-26-2010, 09:31 AM
if by some chance you can't get a ticket, DO NOT fall for those $800 ebay scammer assholes. just show up, and walk around a bit until you find a site with some extra space, especially in the car camping area where a lot of folks will just be parking for tent camping. someone will let you crash. if your daughter wants to come to coachella and you're willing to make it happen, don't let the lack of a camping pass (or qicksand being a jerk) get in your way

Ditto what pilgrim said. Talk to brokendoll here as a last resort and you might be able to camp in their yard ...or .... I would agree I bet you might find a camping spot for sale there ...or .... I didn't check or read but isn't just car camping sold out? If so, sure car camping is nicer, just go with the tent camping only .... DONT DO EBAY ... once it starts on camping tickets, they will never go away .....

OnlyNonStranger
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
^The only camping that is not sold out is the Safari tents, at $5000 a pop.

canexplain
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
^The only camping that is not sold out is the Safari tents, at $5000 a pop.

wow I thought it was only car camping. Well next year I am going to buy 10 camping spots (around 550-600 huh) and then sell them only to my friends (at cost of course with a little barter:) .... It is crazy they don't have more camping. I have begged for in and out for years but I don't think the change is what is making this year sell so well (albiet it really helps GV). If it wasn't so close to the fest I would just get a time share there for a week and let you guys party and then if I needed a favor, I know you would be there ....

serdar
03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks a lot to all those who responded with suggestions. Despite the initial shocker from the very first reply, we are still hopeful that someone will have a spot to share. Unfortunately my daughter saw the first reply to my post, so her very first encounter with the event has been bad. All along I have been telling her things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...

eskamo951
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
All along I have been telling here things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...

You'r right, at the fest, these people are some of the friendliest people on the planet. Some people on this board just get tired of reading the same posts and are douchebags about it. I'm rooting for you now, good luck!

sk8r408
03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks a lot to all those who responded with suggestions. Despite the initial shocker from the very first reply, we are still hopeful that someone will have a spot to share. Unfortunately my daughter saw the first reply to my post, so her very first encounter with the event has been bad. All along I have been telling here things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...

Rest assured that the demographic on this board is the polar opposite of that at the festival. It has been my experience in my 6 years attending that everyone at the festival is there to have a good time and make friends. Hope it works out for you! An alternative option is camping at Lake Cahuilla, they might still have overflow spots and it's really close by...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

Happy Coachella!

surpcity
03-26-2010, 10:05 AM
serdar you are an extremely chill pops. mad respect man. im talking to a friend right now to see if there is any room at my spot. ill definitely get back to you bro. if not though i wish you the best of luck

BROKENDOLL
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Quicksand, you, along with several others on this message board, are an embarrassment to the rest of us here. I mean, has it occurred to you that maybe someone new has a question and they figure the Coachella site and message board would probably have the best answers or advice? Or, like myself, came to this message board wanting to learn more about Coachella and the people who attend the festival? No, you'd rather stroke that elitest little attitude of yours by being an asshole instead. Why don't you and the other rude assholes do us all a favor and sink back down to the bottom of the barrel where quicksand belongs, and save us the embarrassment of having you represent Coachella...

...unless she is with her father you fucking imbecile.
Im tired of everyone being a dick to noobs by responding with false information.
Seriously, when tickets and imfo came out and the board got bombarded with new people looking for imformation, they were met with a bunch of rude, inconsiderate know-it-alls who think they're funny, yet couldn't give a proper answer or even a helpful tip. It amazes me how many times a new person has asked or made a statement as to how rude the message board people around here are. Personally, that's not the way I want to be represented, and I'm sure others would agree.

My apology to the OP for the first impression he may have gotten about Coachella. Let me check with our group and how the space in our campsite looks, as I'm sure others will do, and I'm pretty sure you and your daughter will have a place to camp and enjoy the festival along with the rest of us.

ELECtROjan
03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.tvverdict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/moroccan_christmas.jpg

you snooze. you lose

surpcity
03-26-2010, 11:26 AM

what i dont understand is what makes him an asshole...quicksand clearly has quicksand in his cooch thus making him a little bitch :D

mothershipmama
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Well said, Broken. I totally agree.

Serder, my Dad took me to concerts and festival all the time when I was younger, and they are the best memories! Now that he's older and doesn't rock out quite as often, I'm so glad we had that time together. He introduced me to all the things I now love.

Don't worry, it will all come together. Just plan to go and it will work out one way or another, and I know you'll find some cool and respectful Coachella-goers willing to add to their camp :)

canexplain
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Just because it is Friday :) How about the other end of the spectrum? In a couple of years I might be too old to handle Coachella on my own. Will you good folks point me in the right direction if it looks like I am heading to LA instead of the main stage ...

scoop49er
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
my son is 12 and im taking him for hsi first time at coachella so if you drink beer and bring a case, then ill probably have room and im actually looking for some family types to camp with just so the boy is comfortable... and he is trained to sit by the gate while daddy goes to the beer garden! :)

all good... hope it works out and if you need space, let me know

OnlyNonStranger
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Trained to sit by the gate? I hope you're kidding.

Mr.Nipples
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Quicksand is just pissed because he slacked on getting a camping pass and is now Shit Outta Luck.

really!? hahaha, fucking moron.

SoHungry310
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM

You're trained to troll the boards, what's so hard to believe about a kid doing what his dad says?

scoop49er
03-26-2010, 11:51 AM

no im not.. i go in to get a beer, and he cant.... end of story... stupidass.... he will listen to music and chill texting his buddies while dad gets funky with the heineken ladies! :)

OnlyNonStranger
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Sounds like solid parenting to me.

SoHungry310
03-26-2010, 11:56 AM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Rattlesnake93/troll-web1asd.jpg

canexplain
no im not.. i go in to get a beer, and he cant.... end of story... stupidass.... he will listen to music and chill texting his buddies while dad gets funky with the heineken ladies! :)

We have had a couple of words over the years but not many. I wish you and yours the best Coachella you have ever had. There will both negative and positive things about bringing your boy, but I am guessing the good will outweigh the bad. Be sure to take lots of pics for him to remember the big weekend ...

eskamo951

If I'm ever a parent, that's what I'd do.

heyeric
03-26-2010, 01:31 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/SuperNevetS/Douchebag.png

CellarOwl
03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
^ Comparison not even close. That dude is fucking awesome!

HarryDog
03-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey man I feel ya. I took my 16 yr old last year and she LOVED it. Right-on, I got a spot in the shade this year at Lake Cauilla. Last year we were in the sun but everyone at lake cahuilla was great, no creeps or dirt bags just good-time folks who love music. This is my 3rd year, second camping, and you are one rightous dude for doing this for her. My daughter doesn't say it now but she wil talk about these expererences for the rest of her life. If your still in need for a spot, I will share; there is plenty of room. pathdrum@ yahoo.com. We can work sumtin out. We're comin from WI so let me know.

quicksand
03-26-2010, 11:27 PM
LOL Oh my god come on none of you guys can take a joke I was obviously joking around me and serdar joke around like that all the time on here chillll oooout.

quicksand
03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
I was honest to god expecting "LOL'd" responses but shit.

crazzz2007
03-27-2010, 02:15 AM
LOL Oh my god come on none of you guys can take a joke I was obviously joking around me and serdar joke around like that all the time on here chillll oooout.

you're too fucking stupid to even realize how stupid you are.

Lame Story
03-27-2010, 02:38 AM

Yes, clearly. Who couldn't figure that out by reading serdar's second post ever?!

Thanks a lot to all those who responded with suggestions. Despite the initial shocker from the very first reply, we are still hopeful that someone will have a spot to share. Unfortunately my daughter saw the first reply to my post, so her very first encounter with the event has been bad. All along I have been telling her things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...

Neighborhood Creep
03-27-2010, 04:38 AM
^^ No kidding, why would he complain about his daughtor being sad if you guys joke all the time, it was his 2ed post lol. I did laugh at it but it was in the same way I laugh at kids with down syndrome, its funny but ya feel bad for the victem

crazzz2007
03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
the only victim here is quiksand.

i haven't seen a troll reamed this badly in a long time (besides paulthomasanderson of course).