PDA

View Full Version : CAMPING SPOT Leniency?

Paisley
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Okay, so I was just reading on this official Coachella 2010 website here that tents, professional cameras, and instruments are not allowed inside the festival... (reasonable AND understandable in my opinion) however...are those things allowed in the camping sites? 'Cause quite frankly...if I'm not allowed to take good looking photos of my friends making sweet jamz in the tent I'm going to commit seppuku.

Thanks for the knowledge dudes and ladies.

-Paisley.

beavington
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
there has been a no instruments policy in camping in the past but people always have them.

sonofhal
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Obviously no tents are allowed on the camping sites.

canexplain
03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Obviously no tents are allowed on the camping sites.

It didn't say people were allowed either. Maybe it is just for cars only so they won't get lonely when their owners are inside the fest?

daxton
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM
It didn't say people were allowed either. Maybe it is just for cars only so they won't get lonely when their owners are inside the fest?

Haha

designflaw
03-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I emailed the good ol info@coachella.com address about this too. This is what they said when I asked if it was ok to bring it into the campgrounds but not the festival.

"correct, the rule is not in the festival. that is the only rule about those. so if you dont bring it in the festival you're fine. "

3wulfmoonz
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Are any of you worried about the effects of heat on your expensive equipment when it's locked in your car while you're in the festival? I haven't decided if I care about quality photos enough to risk damaging my camera. I'm pretty sure I don't.

Jankypirate
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Just keep it in the shade and make sure its off. Crack a window if you want to keep it cooler (heat rises).

Computer processors often reach temperatures 180F + when in use, hence the fan. If its off it will be fine.

I live in vegas and have fried things when in direct sunlight on the dash but thats it.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Just to clarify...there is absolutely no camping in the camping area. The camping area is solely for the use of photographers with expensive equipment. All crusty campers will be towed at owner's expense.

Paisley
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Are any of you worried about the effects of heat on your expensive equipment when it's locked in your car while you're in the festival? I haven't decided if I care about quality photos enough to risk damaging my camera. I'm pretty sure I don't.

I was pretty worried about it until I realized that after the beers are gone there will be room in the ice cooler for the camera...submerged in the ice that is. Ah yes.

P.s. has anyone been to a real music festival before? They're like this kind of!...but with less rules and regulations and depend more on your own common sense. Anyway, you all look cute today.

abijo
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
If you're not using your camera take the batteries out

they can swell and get stuck in the camera

or explode

my slr and lenses will be left in the car under a seat

the batteries will be in my tent or with me, so my tent doesn't blow up either =)

BROKENDOLL
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
*Maybe I should have stayed in the Asshole Thread I just came from...*

I was pretty worried about it until I realized that after the beers are gone there will be room in the ice cooler for the camera...submerged in the ice that is. Ah yes.
P.s. has anyone been to a real music festival before? They're like this kind of!...but with less rules and regulations and depend more on your own common sense. Anyway, you all look cute today.
Why does your common sense seem so different than my common sense in regards to storing your camera in ice VS heat. Neither one of those can be any good on a camera, I'm guessing.

If you're not using your camera take the batteries out
they can swell and get stuck in the camera
or explode
my slr and lenses will be left in the car under a seat
the batteries will be in my tent or with me, so my tent doesn't blow up either =)
Please tell me this plan of yours is for when you're in the campground and not wandering around inside the festival. Otherwise, I'm gonna wonder why you brought a camera at all.

Hey everybody! I know many of you are coming from areas where the temps are a lot cooler, if not colder than here in the desert. But, before you go planning on running your ACs and fans, or submerging your cameras in ice, I'd like to point out that today it is 76* here. May get up to 85*-90* at the most. There's a chance that in 3 more weeks it may get 10* warmer, but I doubt it. Coachella couldn't have picked a more perfect weather time of year than now in this desert. Nothing or no one is gonna melt...yet.

eskamo951
03-26-2010, 12:58 PM
^ Agreed about the temp. the whole moving it a week earlier made a huge difference last year. I had to wear a jacket that Thursday. A JACKET! I was not prepared for that.

donkey sex
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
tape or barb wire your section